Timeline Voting

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:53 pm

I wanted to do a poll, had one set up, but I'm not sure if I can start a new poll in the next post or not...

So just post your vote. Bear in mind this is to determine a canon for this timeline. You can always do a RP/FF not in this timeline. Please vote only if you have had a presence here or intend to have a presence here. Votes from people who don't post can limit those who do and that's not particularly nice.

In short,

This is Only for those with intentions of Participating in a Timeline that consists of RPs and Fan Fiction.

From there we'll vote on the next decision, depending on which choices win. That way we vote on each little module, each little branch. Anyone who contributed to the Interest Check or is a regular poster here or in ES FF/RP can vote. I figure the last thing we'll vote on, or at least one of the last things, will be the title for the timeline. Some options may be more or less relevant depending on how things go.

1. How did Fallout 3 End?

A - The Lone Wanderer, following in his father's footsteps, made the ultimate sacrifice.

B - The Lone Wanderer paused at the threshold, and in that moment of hesitation Sarah Lyons stepped up to make the ultimate sacrifice.

2. How did New Vegas End?

A - The Courier claims Yes Man but finds that he does not want to take House's throne, he abdicates it not to the Three Tribes that House picked, but instead comes to an understanding with those that had kept Freeside going all these years. The Kings and The Followers.

B - Caesar's Legion press hard through the Mojave until they reach the gates of New Vegas themselves. Caesar's troops prove formidable and soon march victoriously through the streets. Caesar's Legion has a new capital, New Vegas has become Nova Roma.

C - Mr. House is able to weather the storm and retain, once more, control of the town he has devoted himself to. New Vegas remains.

D - The Courier took control of Yes Man. Not sure what he did after that though, haven't been to New Vegas in a while.

3. What ever became of the Mid-Western Brotherhood of Steel?

A - The Warrior fused with the Calculator after breaching Vault Zero. In time he joined the mechanical forces of the Calculator with the Brotherhood's Paladins and Scribes. He joined his forces completely, in an act referred to as The Convergence. Man and machine. The cold hard logic of these new forces can be terrifying, but it does acknowledge the value of the various mutates of the wasteland and so brings about a strange sort of peace.

B - The Warrior fused with the Calculator after breaching Vault Zero. Man and machine worked side by side. Their combined might allows them to gain territory quickly and recruit aggressively. Tribals and Reavers are able to join easily and climb the ranks, but old prejudices persevere and while Ghouls or Supermutants are afforded a position within the Brotherhood it is often a lesser position. This has led to a resistance movement amongst the mutates and those that would sympathize with them.

Current Standing (as of 1352 Aug 2)

Spoiler

A - 6 Votes
B - 7 Votes

A - 2 Votes
B - 11 Votes

A - 6 Votes
B - 7 Votes

MARLON JOHNSON

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:06 am

I'm going for...

1. B

2. B

3. B

Marquis deVille

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:48 am

1. B (Though I still want to discuss what happens to the Companions.)

2 A (I still feel this best provides the better Replay-ability option in regards to RPs, as power can shift as the Families grow jealous.)

3. B

Lizs

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:07 pm

We should either vote on Companions fates or just assume they're alive somewhere or other. Let's just vote going forward though without the justifications. I feel the desire to respond to the comments, but lets just leave this for voting.

I'm adding one more NV option by the way, just for a general indistinct Indy win for people who want Indy but not Kings/Followers.

Let's just hope we don't get votes spread out too much, it would be unfortunate to get a 4 way tie in regard to NV

Danii Brown

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 am

1: B

2: B

3: A

Kitana Lucas

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:07 am

A
B
A
Bek Rideout

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:12 am

1. B

2. B

3. A

Budgie

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 pm

1. A

2. B

3. B

JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:27 am

A

A

A

Greg Swan

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:45 am

OPE ... err ... I mean, BBB

NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

1. B
2. B
3. A
Talitha Kukk

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:01 am

B
B
B
IM NOT EASY

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Those are the only options?

A

B

B

But I would go with:

A

The NCR takes over :tops:

And Barnaky Ending :mohawk:

Andrew Lang

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:53 pm

A

B

A

Susan Elizabeth

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:57 am

Just got back, about to go to work.

I'll update the votes with everyone who has voted...but a few of the voters are kind of on the borders. Two of them haven't posted in months, and two haven't posted in RPs at all. I'll still tally it all up but we should discuss it, here or in General at a later time.
Danny Blight

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 am

Why would the people voting need to have been in a rp recently in order to vote?

This forum is not restricted to anyone, and neither should this vote...
lauren cleaves

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:54 pm

A(I would be more interested in seeing something else be different that changes the Brotherhood, like the missile sattelite fire at some of them, and besides we always try to get the player character out anyways), B, B
Johanna Van Drunick

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:57 pm

Don't tread on the bear!
Chad Holloway

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:26 pm

This isn't a general timeline vote, that everyone should vote in. That would be better suited for the Universe section, not this section. This vote solely effects those who make and participate in RPs and Fan Fiction, no one else. People who have no intention of joining RPs or making Fan Fiction, that tie into this timeline, shouldn't vote. It skews the numbers so maybe one choice wins out over another, when it shouldn't have, because some people voted when it doesn't involve them.

David John Hunter

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:50 pm

I was referring to the fact that you are assuming that they will not join the rp due to the fact that they have not been in a rp in a while or havent been in one.
Kevin Jay

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:32 pm

That's basically my thinking as well. People who have expressed interest in writing but haven't yet, Vox I mean you and I look forward to seeing you participate and grow as you help others grow, people who are active elsewhere, people who are active here, these are the people who we can expect to be involved. This vote is for canon events that any story in this timeline will have to adhere to. At least at this first stage I don't think it would be good to have people who haven't and don't post in this sub forum affecting the options of those who do.

I really like Styles. He's been around for a long time, I've had plenty of good conversations with him, I've read plenty of good conversations he's had with others, he's basically one of the OGs to me...but he isn't active in FF/RPs so his vote isn't going to affect his options in participating because he doesn't participate.
Jason King

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:03 pm

I assumed nothing, just clearing up for you, why some shouldn't vote or have their votes counted. If they have the intention of joining in on the Timeline, they should have a vote, but if they're voting for some other reason, without the intention of joining an RP or writing Fan Fiction for the Timeline, this isn't a poll for them to vote in.

This isn't a Democratic vote, where everyone gets a say, it's more like an Oligarchical vote, where the vote only concerns a small few, and it's that small few who should be voting, or having their votes counted.

Josh Lozier

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Regardless, let's leave this conversation for after the vote. It makes it harder to count the votes when we get discussion and voting mixed up.
Travis

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 am

I agree with Stranglove and Smiley concerning non-participant voting. And I kinda was afraid of this sort of thing. I'm actually starting to question if voting is the best way to figure this out.

Maybe some sort of private voting system would be better.

kennedy

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Before removing a vote, I suggest we make sure that the people wont be joining the rp.
benjamin corsini

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion