Unofficial Automatron feedback

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 pm

I think it's pretty lame that travelling with a robot negates Lone Wanderer perk. We get Dogmeat and he doesn't negate the perk, was disappointed to find out this was not the case for robots. Kinda makes the whole DLC useless with a fully developed character.

Sanctum

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm

The perk never worked with Codsworth and Curie...

Automatron robots are extremely combat efficient, it would be too powerful together with lone wanderer perk.

Grace Francis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:12 pm

You make a fair point on the damage, but there are other considerations:

-the 100lb boost to carry weight

-the 30% damage resist boost

-having to find separate mods and use materials to upgrade your bot

-having to carry the repair kits (0.1lb adds up, and they can't use it on themselves)

Considering that being able to have the brand new robot companion is, in my opinion, 80% of why this DLC exists, I feel like letting us keep the damage resist and the 100 lbs would be a fair compromise at least.

Jesus Duran

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Why can't I make my own lil' eyebot?

Dalia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Where's my protectron head wearing a chef hat?

But mostly why didn't they add the new weapons to the game's loot table?
Eire Charlotta

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

>Cant make an eyebot with a cannon strapped to it

I am severely salty about the fact that eyebots are not buildable

Rachel Hall

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:14 am

I was looking around, searching for undiscovered locations when I noticed a rather large Mr Handy shaped building.

That looks interesting, I thought, so I went to have a look at it.

It was a minimall run entirely by Mr Handies.

After presenting the Director with a "borrowed" General Atomics ID (and being congratulated on 225 years of service to the company), I wondered if this was another Settlement I could claim.

Another Bot Settlement would be interesting.

Especially considering the amount of Mr Handies floating around, most of them in disrepair (missing limbs, eyes, etc).

Plus I wanted to rewrite the programming of the obnoxious ones.

Not to mention removing the armaments, possibly even literally disarming the Director was a good idea, considering he had faulty threat recognition software.

It was a Bot Modding goldmine.

Then I discovered it was not a proper Settlement. :cry: :violin:

:brokencomputer:

Given the nature of Automatron's Bot Workshop, this would have been a perfect place to explore Bot modding,

They should have made it a Settlement.

Elle H

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:14 pm

My criticisms:

-The Schematics collection should have been made somewhat more engaging. It just does not have that sort of excitement when you loot a dead bot and a message pops up in the top left corner - 'You can now craft new parts'... Personally think it would have been better to establish some sort of exchange place, where you defeat x-number of this type of bot and exchange some associated part for schematics with someone. It's a tiny criticism but for some reason it is the most disappointing thing for me, a loot junky.

-The Rust Devils are an incredible addition to changing up the enemies you face in the wastes. That being said it is a little disappointing to see that they feature in only one quest, and again no diplomatic solution to this group. Though I do love the new armours they don out in the field.

-Maybe it's just me who thought the last dungeon was really stretched out. It was nicely designed, and the terminal info littered throughout is fantastic, but it led to a poor end and felt long. Maybe if they split it into two seperate dungeons it'd been better? Or maybe it's just me thinking this...

Spoiler
The terminal where the scientist is talking to a body'less Robobrain, and the Robobrain threatening to kill everyone no matter what... Creepy as [censored], but I loved it!

-A little disappointed with the scope of the DLC. Would like to have seen it's implementation THROUGHOUT the Commonwealth rather than being involved with a single questline, like maybe one or two extra sidequests not associated with the Mechanist, and maybe a couple of vendors in DC and GN.

-Finally I am not a fan of the way the Quest is given to you. Now I can't criticize this part properly since I haven't started a new character since the DLC to test this, but I get the feeling that it's like a bunch of NV quests, where if you have them the moment you start a new character you will get a bunch radio signals to start up the quests. Might have been nicer to have the signal trigger when you get close enough, sort of like the BoS intro quest, or leave the quest to listen to the radio signal on the misc tab? When I started it up I was in Sanctuary chillin' with my peeps, and a pretty obstructive 'New Quest' message popped up...

All that being said, considering the core purpose of this DLC is not quests but customizable bots who do your bidding, it's pretty good. 7/10 from me, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Trevi

Previous

Return to Fallout 4