Unofficial Automatron feedback

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Any issues or concerns you may have with the Automatron DLC, post them here.

Try to keep it as spoiler free as possible.

Ada

No Companion Perk. I am disappointed she does not have one.

Also, I was hoping she would have a post completion Personal Mission to gain a Companion Perk.

Dismissing her is problematic, I couldn't find an conversation option to do so.

The only way to send her to a Settlement to "wait" is to select an existing Companion and then the "gotoSettlement" option appears.

And I was disappointed by the fact the Brotherhood of Steel don't comment on your new bot friend.

I was hoping they'd at least say something in reaction to your having acquired new technology outside of their control.

Robot Workshop

Whenever I create a new Bot, it just makes a default mashup and as a result, I end up with a lot of unused parts.

For example, my most commonly used templates are Sentry and Assaultron.

But the default model is mostly Protectron, which means all of those parts have to be swapped out one by one.

It would be more efficient if you could specify a baseline framework (Sentry, Assaultron, Protectron, Robobrain) before creating your default bot, so there is less swapping of parts and less spare parts left in your inventory as a result.

Eyebots

I was hoping to construct Eyebot squads at the lesser Settlements, to bolster their defences.

I wanted them to hover around and attack enemies if the Settlement they were stationed at was ever attacked.

Sadly, there is no option to create Eyebolt units at the Robotics workbench.

Valerie Marie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:54 pm

I think it'd be nice if I could actually finish the quest..

Spoiler
After defeating the Mechanist's robots I am stuck in the room. The Mechanist is separated by glass so I can't even shoot him. It's acting as though there should be dialogue, but there is none. I have reloaded multiple times as well and I continue getting the same bug.

Riky Carrasco

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Agree with the dismiss thing. I am currently having that problem with my other robot, I didn't use Ada except for the start of the DLC.

If I am to speak about an issue that bothers me is the fact that my assaultron has disappeared twice on me. The first time was using the elevator after the mechanist fight, to go out. And the second time was after I gave her an order to kill an enemy and she never followed me afterwards having me run all the way back trying to find her. She also gets stuck on other elevators as well. She already teleports when she's too far from me, but I would prefer if she would always do it, maybe after a set distance.

Get in the center of the room in first person and aim at him, the dialogue options are supose to appear, it was like that for me.

Beat freak

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:16 am

How about a better visual when using one handed weapons, specifically The Deliverer while wearing robot armor? The armor obstructs the vision of the entire gun. I think the robot armor looks nice and The Deliverer is my favorite gun. I don't know which to choose!

Quick example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_1EocDa0ls

Edited to show a couple other gun types.

Daniel Brown

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Okay that's pretty bad. I'm guessing the armor is not intended to do that, it probably has a similar issue to the X-O2 armor mod made by Dogtooth, which unintentionally stretches the forearm mesh while holding a pistol. Does that happen for every pistol type? Or just the Deliverer?

no_excuse

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:59 pm

It happens to the 10mm as well, but it doesn't completely cover the gun like it does The Deliverer perhaps because it's just a tad bit bigger. I turned the game off after that so I hadn't tried out any other pistols. I'd like to know if anyone else has this forearm stretching issue or if it's just in my game.

cutiecute

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:26 pm

To be fair, these robots r extremely powerful compared to our old comoanions.

A perk would be nice, but Missing it doesnt seem to be big issue to me.
Gisela Amaya

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:18 am

Robots are far more useful than settlers. They can do all the same jobs. Dont mess with containers. Dont get replaced with synths. And have less annoying dialogue.
Harry-James Payne

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Tried that too. It stopped me from being able to fire and everything as if I were in dialogue, but no dialogue occurred.

I had to use console commands to get past that stage and then it bugged at the computer as well and I had to toggle collisions to use it.

matt

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 pm

I encountered a serious problem when I built my Bot Workshop on http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Spectacle_Island

I placed it behind the building with the workbench.

Every so often, while crafting a Bot, the game would crash without explanation.

This happened 3 times in less then 30 minutes, once per bot.

I never had that happen anywhere else in the game.

Non-Customizable Bots

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deezer

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Buddy

Both these Bots did not show up in the list of Bots when I activated the nearby workshop.

I have no data on http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Goodfeels, since he is bugged in my game,

Could someone who has him functioning run the test of if he is eligible for modding?

Krista Belle Davis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Aside from some bugs that caused me to crash upon leaving The Mechanist's lair and also when reading the Mechanists/Isabela's Diary also caused me to crash when I loaded the tape into the pip boy. Theres likely more but that's what I've got so far in terms of technical issues, otherwise I loved this DLC, the new weapons are really cool and unique and the Assaultron helmet is my favorite item in the WHOLE game now, I'm in love with the design style the way the combat plates open and close and basically having like reactive armor, TOTALLY IRON MAN. I'd love to see more of this kind of design in future content! maybe bring back the old Chinese Stealth MK.2 suit using face plate opening animation on the Reinforced Glass on the helmet? Okay Im nerdgasming out over this [censored] assaultron helmet I'll just end my post here. MAKE MORE OF THIS BETHESDA!!!!

jasminε

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Command ADA. You will need to position yourself just right to get the 4 options to appear. This is a bigger problem because some of the robotic forms makes finding this menu choice frustrating, most notably the sentry bot frames. In fact, you have to position the cursor a bit to the right of the head, not the body.

Once the 4 options appear, select Talk. Another 4 options will appear, and one of them is Dismiss.

The biggest disappointment about the DLC is right here.

How hard would it have been to customize an Eyebot? What, a few types of energy weapons, a voice, and a paint job too difficult for the developers?

I can't express in words how disappointed I am in the lack of having an Eyebot as a companion.

T. tacks Rims

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:24 am

Ive already posted about the aspects I like. New weapons and armor, customizable and collectable robots, new enemies and locations with great atmosphere.

I do have some criticisms though. I thought then ending to the quest was a let down, and the motives and reasoning behind the mechanist felt contrived and cliche.

While I enjoy most of the new weapons I think the tesla rifle looks dumb.

The background offered about the rarity of robobrains is kind of jarring considering how common they were in fo3. Which makes it feel like a poor retcon.

Thise are my criticisms so far about 9 hours into the dlc so far.
Marnesia Steele

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 pm

I could've sworn I saw a stream with someone sending an eyebot from a terminal out in the wasteland to collect resources...
Darian Ennels

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:15 am

Brotherhood has the giant robot so theyre not that jealous.

Also lone wanderer works with robot companions so its kinda its own companion perk for me lol. This robot guy I made named Duracell is amazing and can carry 300-400 lbs on top of my 400 lol

I believe you can make a bot station to send out bots but they don't defend the way the OP wants.

Shae Munro

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 pm

1. Robots have AI problem. When they finish a combat they get stuck in combat mode and do not automatically follow the main character. You must talk to the robot to get it out of combat mode.

2. Color customization - Bethesda made newbie mistake on this one by not allowing us to set the color for each part of the robot. Very disappointing and amateur mistake considering the DLC is all about customization.

3. Ceramic - The massive amount of Ceramic we need to create these robots is surprising... you could have at least warned us. lol

Hussnein Amin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Yeah you can do that but you can't have it follow you or perform sentry duties.

SamanthaLove

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:53 am

I had same problem. I waited about 2 minutes and the quest moved on as scripted. lol

Alexis Acevedo

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:11 pm

The FO3 ones had the brains of chimps, these ones have actual human brains in them.

KRistina Karlsson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 pm

Oh, gotcha. That's a bummer. It seems like the eyebot would have been the easiest to make in terms of customizing.

Poor guys aren't getting the recognition they deserve!
Scott

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:42 pm

To give my own feedback: if your going to give us unique PA, actually make it a unique set. How hard would it have been to make a unique set of Tesla armor over just three modified T-60 pieces?

Matthew Barrows

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Wish the Mechaist was a companion and it's been said but no eyebot companions. Not everyone wants to make a death machine. Also the Telsa armor is a huge letdown. Besides that good DLC( I know rip it all the time) and waiting for Far Harbor.

Andres Lechuga

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:53 am

Haha man if they added a surprise evil playthrough as dlc i'd go back and play as a big fat guy (probably dj donald trump.. don't ban me bro) for the institute that is disgusted by human beings(vault tec and wastelanders) and their laziness (preston and settlers) and have the best "pure" efficient settlements with robots only.

Queen Bitch

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:20 am

If the standard bot is going to be a protectron, then at least use all the swapped out standard mods i have in the workbench. This is a waste of resources.

City Swagga

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:12 pm

I want different a version of the assaultron helm that has a visor in place so that it's a full face mask when it closes xD but honestly that helmet is so [censored] DOPE

Hope Greenhaw

Next

Return to Fallout 4