Weapon Mod Removal

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 5:19 am

You can allready make it to where any scope item can fit any weapon. All you need to do is select the specific itemmod ID for every single pistol or rifle. But again, each weapon you decide to add a mod to allready has to have a model with some kind scope allready on it. Now you can have it to where the one scope you decide to have buyable attaches to multiple weapons but each different weapon will have a different kind of scope visually. Say you wanted to make the .44 scope fit all pistols, on the .44 it looks stock but on a 9mm it would look like the 9mm scope. It could be done but I think having to shop around for the addon you want to put on your gun adds to the gameplay fun.

The extended mags for pistols really arent a problem. That can be as simple as renaming the itemmod itself. Adds a double column mag instead of the single. That way the gun still looks the same and you can use the stock model without having to worry about having a mag that looks like it`s half out of the weapon. For rifles you could do the same unless you prefer to see an extended mag on those. Nothing you can really do about the drums though.

In my own game I have a regular M4 AR that i attached a silencer and a reflex site to. I needed 4 different weapon models just for those 2 attachments. But I like the idea of removing the sliencer or going back the regular sights if I want to without having to buy another rifle.

Silencers going by barrel size is an acceptable idea. In the end though this would make itemmods more readilly availabe. I do prefer to have to hunt for for things in games or it`s just not really entertaining for me. I think the way we aquire the mods should really stay the same, just being able to unequip a mod on the weapon would be the optimal way they should have done it.

Crysis had the right idea with the way you could add and remove the mods on weapons. The developers should have known that this would come up and at least made a way to remove mods from weapons.

Yes i know the scope idea isn't perfect, but its a start.

I wont do extended mags because an extended mag for a 10mm machine gun holds like 60 bullets or something, could you imagine walking around with a pistol holding 60 bullets in the clip, kinda cheap.

Silencer is the only part that makes perfect since in this overhaul i know this.

I had already made plans to make them more expensive and even more rare, but since I am up to like 30 hours of game play and only found 3 mod gets in the base game, not to worried about people finding it.
BEl J

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 7:59 am

Yes i know the scope idea isn't perfect, but its a start.

I wont do extended mags because an extended mag for a 10mm machine gun holds like 60 bullets or something, could you imagine walking around with a pistol holding 60 bullets in the clip, kinda cheap.

Silencer is the only part that makes perfect since in this overhaul i know this.

I had already made plans to make them more expensive and even more rare, but since I am up to like 30 hours of game play and only found 3 mod gets in the base game, not to worried about people finding it.
[/quote]

Actually you got me thinking on this and I do believe that you can implement some of these changes you propose. For pistol scopes for example. the .44 scope could be mounted on pretty much any pistol if you know how adjust the meshes so they fit together nice in blender. You could have 2 or 3 scope types for pistols. You have the .44 style scope, the 9mm reflex type scope, and you could use an aimpiont type one if you wanna go that far. All you need to do is make a new itemmod for each of scopes and id them whatever you want. then any pistol will have the option of 3 different possible scopes that can be equipped on the weapon. You will to have to make the needed models for each weapon though and test them to make sure they don`t crash the game. NV for some reason is super touchy about the niblocks and for me to import a new model I usually have to import it into blender then re export it to nif for it to work even though it works fine in FO3. /shrug. But I`m geting offtrack here. The new scopes you made would then need to be added to the tiered lvld lists to show up on vendors and OR you can place them in loot lists to be found in containers scattered across NV.

It`s not a bad idea you have and after some thought I like it more. I`ve made custom 1911`s that use the 9mm scopemod but the weapon equips an aimpoint scope on that certain gun. Really just depends how far you wanna go with it. From the sound of it though it will be a big project. If you need any help, let me know.
celebrity

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 2:47 am

Actually you got me thinking on this and I do believe that you can implement some of these changes you propose. For pistol scopes for example. the .44 scope could be mounted on pretty much any pistol if you know how adjust the meshes so they fit together nice in blender. You could have 2 or 3 scope types for pistols. You have the .44 style scope, the 9mm reflex type scope, and you could use an aimpiont type one if you wanna go that far. All you need to do is make a new itemmod for each of scopes and id them whatever you want. then any pistol will have the option of 3 different possible scopes that can be equipped on the weapon. You will to have to make the needed models for each weapon though and test them to make sure they don`t crash the game. NV for some reason is super touchy about the niblocks and for me to import a new model I usually have to import it into blender then re export it to nif for it to work even though it works fine in FO3. /shrug. But I`m geting offtrack here. The new scopes you made would then need to be added to the tiered lvld lists to show up on vendors and OR you can place them in loot lists to be found in containers scattered across NV.

It`s not a bad idea you have and after some thought I like it more. I`ve made custom 1911`s that use the 9mm scopemod but the weapon equips an aimpoint scope on that certain gun. Really just depends how far you wanna go with it. From the sound of it though it will be a big project. If you need any help, let me know.

I am gonna get the basics down first.

by just making a mod kit called pistol scope and it just gonna use the basic scope that was add by NV, but I do plan on making it more unique like your stating above, but like you said, a lot of work so that's differently a way later type of thing.

I only can work on this stuff really late at night or on the weekends, so I want to get basics done before I go any further.

But after I get a first release, Ill keep your name in mind for the second release.
Kate Murrell

Post » Fri May 07, 2010 5:55 am

A silencer realy should be something you can attach for sneaking and de-attach if you want to make more damage etc.

A suppressor does not reduce the damage a bullet does. It simply muffles the blast sound (not the sonic crack though).
DarkGypsy

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas