Well done Bethesda, you screw it up - Automatron DLC

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Just ditch the main robot companion and create a robot with one of the non-english voice options. A companion just as loyal and talkative as Dogmeat.

Jennifer Rose

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 pm

And you obviously rushed through the dialogue because you can IMMEDIATELY tell Ada to not follow you and instead send her to a settlement. And then you raged instead of opening the dialogue with her and seeing that you can dismiss her.

I played without Ada everything but the last quest and only had her as a companion while putting the robo-brain tracker into her (after which I immediately dismissed her) and during the last mission where you had to have a robot with you. Those are the only times you need to have a robot following you around.

Additionally, if you opened dialogue with her you would have seen that you could give the items to Ada who had a good enough carry limit to make up for it and, like every robot, her carrying capacity can be seen at the robot-building station and upgraded.

Myles

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:20 pm

This guy gets it.

Not every problem you run into is somebody else's fault, Panmisiek. Own your choices, ffs.

Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Eh, I'm no fan of companions in Beth games, and I've got Lone Wanderer (and I constantly sneak, which companions screw up). But it wasn't that bad. I handled it, just like I handled having Serana follow me around for half of Dawnguard. No biggie.

NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:03 am

I cant remember seeing that option to be honest. But once the robot was assigned as companion I couldn't see the option to dismiss it. And yea I dont care where they go, i am not particularly interested in all that settlement build crap. But then again, it is my own play style. I dont criticise people for making nice and lovely settlements, thats their choice.

Harinder Ghag

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 pm

OP, did you buy the season pass or did you buy this add on when it became available?

If you did buy the season pass, did you buy it early on, or after they released the details on the first three add ons?
Katharine Newton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:13 pm

You don't have to take them with you, you know. You have the option at the start to refuse to take them along.

Also, it sounds like you have an excess of junk on you. I typically carry about 200 lbs of equipment. Add in PA carry buffs, sttong back perks, and LW, and I have something like 510 max carry capacity. 480 or so when I have a companion.

Why do you habitually run at near-full encumbrance? How can you loot stuff?
rolanda h

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:33 am

Preordered with DLC back in September or so.

Why?

emily grieve

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Then you've only got yourself to blame. Buying a pass to something you know nothing about and then whining it's not worth your money? You should've waited for the reviews then you couldve bought what you thought was worth it.

Samantha Pattison

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:12 am

He could have also waited for the DLC to be announced before buying it.

Monika Fiolek

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:01 pm

I can see where some of your frustration is coming from. That's one of the downsides of the Season Pass silliness, you didn't know what you were going to get. And when the first one drops, you had a bad experience because it's geared towards a specific playstyle.

I started it with my Lone Wanderer character yesterday, I played long enough to see if the robots would work like normal companions or Dogmeat. When I saw that they worked like every other companion, I reverted to an older save. It gave me the perfect excuse to start another character. But, if you're a one-and-done kind of person, that doesn't work for you either.

I'd suggest you hop on Bethesda.net and read up on the next two. You won't be interested in the next one either, Far Harbor is what you should be waiting for.
Nienna garcia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Well lesson learned my friend.

Mel E

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:48 pm

I admit I also didn't like the fact it removed my Lone Wanderer perk too. But I knew about it since afterall, that's the whole point of the DLC and gritted my teeth through it. I think i died 2 times to double gatling laser fire having lost my 30% of damage resistance and the fact shadowed/ultra light heavy leather armour isn't really made for tanking, and my stealth got broken a lot cause of Ada so i had to power through. Oh well, made things at least a bit more interesting. Nothing that couldnt' be handled by Overseer's guardian or Gauss Rifle but I actually died for first time in weeks.

I think OP wanted the robots not to classify as companions and more like actual " pets. "

El Khatiri

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:57 am

Precisely. Paying for something months in advance with no idea on what it might be. There's one born every minute!

Lew.p

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:44 pm

I dont need either companions or pets. So whatever.

Wanda Maximoff

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 pm

I never use the perk The game isn't hard by the time you level 20.

But I agree the DLC is made for certain type of characters.

Daniel Lozano

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:15 am

Geez, that someone pays $60 for a game that ends up costing pennies per hour to play then complains that it doesn't exactly match their preferred playing style is somewhat over the top. That's less money than taking your wife/GF out for a decent dinner. Play the game by its rules, don't expect it to play by yours.
Jaki Birch

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 am

From a role-play perspective this is better, to be honest;

Your character can start out however you like (maybe a scientist, a scav, a soldier, ect.) and when he begins in the wasteland, he gains new life experiences much more rapidly than he did in civilised america.

So in game reality; he gains strength and becomes more perspective, enduring, charismatic, intelligent, agile and lucky through his experiences.

If you're sat at level 20, then you're still kinda "fresh". So you'd have had to either started out with a guy that wanted to be "master of all" in crafting to begin with or LEARN those traits ingame through progressing.

I mean.. I blame all those hopeless people that believed skyrim was a second life because they influenced this kind of stuff. Lore-wise its logical but in reality..

Basically; you're forced to roleplay a certian kind of character (to a degree) that learns his perks and special throughout the game.
Lady Shocka

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:56 pm

It was a real pain in the ass, but not for the reasons the OP stated. I also have LW perk maxed to my character, and having a companion diminished some of the carry capacity, which was only a problem once.

What the OP doesn't realize is he can create a bot that can easily take much of the stuff which removes the overburden issue. Either he doesn't know he can trade with bots, or just slipped his mind. Even better: the bots can be customized to carry much more than a typical companion (including Dogmeat). I had zero problem cleaning out the Mechanist's lair of all that loot.

The loss of the 25% damage was also a moot because ADA actually does a good job taking down bots on its own, if the bot is properly built. I put the sniper laser on both arms and boosted defense with the best armor on all parts. ADA has very few problems handling itself in the lair (I hid because I wanted to watch the carnage - was not disappointed).

That being said, what did irk me was the constant movement the bot did and was in my way nearly 80% of the time. Blocked passage because those hallways were pretty narrow and trying to sneak snipe and the idiotic thing blocked my view.

Needless to say, once the quest was over, I had no qualms of sending ADA packing to Starlight. Good riddance.

Karine laverre

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:40 pm

OP did u know u can make as many robots as u want and use it for settlements right???

u arent force to use it as companions.

Kelvin Diaz

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:46 am

Great, so we get to see another selfish 'It should be all about me, Me ME!' rant next month when Wasteland Workshop is released.

Francesca

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 pm

You mean you need to adapt your playing style to successfully complete a quest in this role playing game? Wow, the horror. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Nitol Ahmed

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:53 pm

OP.

Your having a hard time convincing anyone that your rage is worth all the calories your burning up.

Much ado about nothing?

Syaza Ramali

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:08 am

LOL the next month DLC will make more hate post that this one, since is focus on crafting.

And HARD CORE RP FAN DEFENDER OF THE STORY dont care about it.

Cagla Cali

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:10 am

You should create another "i hate Wasteland Workshop DLC cause it doesnt revolve around me" thread even though its not out yet, cause i got a feeling you will hate the next DLC.
Kayla Oatney

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4