Well done Bethesda, you screw it up - Automatron DLC

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:02 am

Oh what's that? The game is too hard? You don't want to play differently? Too bad?

Jade Payton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Well...you bought a dlc where the main selling point was making custom companions....in a build that doesn't use companions.

Why did you spend the money? If it was just the potential loot, you just spent 10$ on a weapons pack, dude.
michael danso

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm

I'm just waiting for a moderator to find this mess and lock it. Can't say it should have existed in the first place, but it has seriously gone downhill.

Most of our new members are either ignored or hated until they leave, though I do understand the dislike in this thread, as seen in my post.
Amy Gibson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 am

I love Lone Wanderer, it's the greatest perk around. But honestly if you struggle in this game when you lose a bit of damage reduction and (if you have all three levels of the perk) damage, then either you're playing like a scrub, or forcing yourself to play on a higher difficulty than you like, and can just kick the difficulty down a notch. And being over-encumbered shouldn't be an issue, because the bots can carry 2.5 times what a normal companion can. I'm not seeing the problem - I play on the hardest difficulty and losing LW wasn't a big deal. So when I first teamed up with Ada I was over-encumbered by 100 lbs... But the robot can carry 200 without being upgraded! And I didn't even notice the loss in damage reduction. There's nothing wrong with the way this DLC was handled - first off, it's entirely optional, secondly, the bots are way better than any other companion and even outclass LW once upgraded by DPS and their tanking ability. And lastly, it's literally three quests, and you don't need to have Ada with you for any part of the DLC other than the last part. So I guess I just don't understand why it's a problem.

Harry Hearing

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Agreed. This thread reeks of tempest and teacup.

Trista Jim

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:25 pm

he's right about bethesda not making games in a professional way? no thats nonsense, there's aspects of the game i would like different, its not possible to please everyone and what are we talking about here, him having to use a robot companion for 2 hrs? there's bigger problems in the world, thats a less than minor issue to the vast majority of people playing the game, he can finish the questline and go back to playing solo, sometimes there's temporary companions in these games, just like skyrim or fallout 3, you HAD to have serana as a companion for a while, there is no choice about that, its part of the quest, same thing with fallout 3, the bigtown quest, getting sticky from little lamplight, working with the companions in skyrim, you had to use some of them as followers temporarily i see no major issue here.

Jessica Lloyd

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:58 pm

You chose to be a soloist. If you can't carry everything, that's your consequence.

That applies not only in the DLC.

And I could ditch Ada even before the DLC quests are over. Maybe it's not possible in the very beginning.

Trent Theriot

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:39 pm

Then don't buy/play it.

Lance Vannortwick

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:44 pm

What is this? Idk what this is, but this and comments like "Another desperate thread, the haters are really getting more pathetic" by lovefool35 are just as ridiculous as when I insult people directly by calling them an idiot or goof yet my posts are taken down but not theirs. Idk who decided what and why making an insult less obvious is ok when it is still an insult and directed toward someone specifically as you mods say "attacking others" i could just make things less obvious too but whats the point? Fook off?

Also the don't buy it then or you should not have bought it then bs is still being thrown around too but that is pretty much the same, just the average illogical response to someone giving their opinion and imagining the original post was an attack on their lord and savior todd howard to justify their illogical responses is just so embarrassing idk why you mods don't just do some type of reddit shadowban on posts to prevent these people from shaming themselves.

Also I think we can all agree that Automatron's new elements will be very interesting if it's expanded on in a new game (if they decide to put them in with the base game), but in fallout 4 its just ok especially if you've already done everything it doesn't add much.

Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:18 am

The forum rules. You cannot directly attack another forum user. So, if a person is really intent on calling a person an idiot, one has to dance around it. Or just use a very broad approach. Personally I like the clever approaches myself, as painting whole groups of people as idiots is.. well idiotic :P

Jennifer Munroe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 am

How about an Automatron complaint subforum? Pretty please?

jesse villaneda

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:04 pm

They didn't screw it up, they meant for it to be this way. You don't like it. That's it. There's nothing that needs changed & no one that's needs catering to. They made a DLC that makes you have a robot companion in order to finish it's quest & you don't like it. Thats all. Maybe you'll enjoy the next DLC.

Let's just move on.
FLYBOYLEAK

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:58 am

I may not be a fan of this DLC but this thread just seems silly.

stevie trent

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:32 pm

My companion can hold more than me WITH the lone wanderer perk. Together we hold around 800. Not sure why cranky

Angus Poole

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:21 pm

I have used companions for two of my three palythroughs.....Lone wanderer in one, they all provided great entertainment. The choice is yours to play how you want.

Yung Prince

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:54 am

No, you can dismiss her immediately after accepting her as a companion. I was close to finishing gaining affinity with Cait and didn't want to drop her yet, so I met ADA, took her as a companion, then sent her off to Red Rocket before Cait could walk away.

мistrєss

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:46 am

I laughed too hard the first time, doing it again would be unhealthy. :brokencomputer:

If the OP is finding it too difficult, perhaps turning the difficulty down a notch would be a solution (assuming it is not already on very easy)

and if they do not want to do so, the DLC introduces a challenge, something most people repeatedly ask for.

Michael Korkia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 pm

me too, lol

I wonder how old the OP is... this sounds like the temper-tantrums of a 12 year old.

Also, it is kind of fun to die again, although somewhat sad because apparently every time my game says it was autosaving it really wasn't since the save games were filled :( Not to give more fodder to the companion haters, but my last death was due to standing on a car and watching ADA shoot towards an enemy that was between "her" and the car I was standing on, at which point the car blew up. However, I blame myself for giving her an inaccurate weapon, casualties of war....

Wow, there's a lot of hatred for companions on this forum. The lone wanderer perk was clearly an attempt by Bethesda to level the playing field between those that don't like AI companions and those that do. I wonder if there would be even more vitriol towards companions if it didn't exist....as in "I hate my freaking companion but I have to bring her/him with me so I can carry more".

Thinking to myself......yeah, probably

Well in that case it's a good thing they included it, but perhaps a shame because one could argue that it actually makes you weaker to have a companion with you....

so unprofessional! lol

Yvonne Gruening

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:51 pm

I thought the same thing.

Marquis deVille

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:41 pm

If no one here can say anything nice, best not to say anything at all. I agree that a moderator should check in on the comments, here. Both sides aren't helping the issue. Yeah, the OP does have an understandable argument, but the flat-out anger is a tad ridiculous. They shouldn't attack others, but other commenters shouldn't be so nasty about it, either. Everyone needs a chill pill! :(

Damian Parsons

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:47 am

Closed for clean-up and review.

Again... :shakehead:
Sophie Miller

Previous

Return to Fallout 4