What race is Pelinal Whitestrake?

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 am

Sorry, my mistake (on the moths)

But it makes more sense to me to say that he is both than that he is simply Shor, as may believe (as I used to) Especially working with the idea I formulated (perhaps not original but the first I personally heard of it) about the nature of Lorkhan/Akatosh -see the thread on Mankar Camoran if you don't know what I am talking about. (I would link, but I'm lazy)
Brian LeHury

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:05 am

I'm going to have to say Imperial perhaps Nordic.
Harry Hearing

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 pm

The fact Pelinal is both at once (and neither) has been the consensus pretty much all along. That's what being an Enantiomorph is all about.
Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 am

My point was in a direct response to 1999 in which he put forward the time travelling idea. My point in it was that we shouldn't take every tiny word of it as fact and then anolyze it to death given that the song was probably in the oral tradition before it was written in the fragments that then get compiled in 2E.

However, if you want a wild and crazy theory about why he shows up on the death bed of Alessia. How's this: do you think that the CoC was the first person to mantle Pelinal?
Mrs Pooh

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:07 am

My point was in a direct response to 1999 in which he put forward the time travelling idea. My point in it was that we shouldn't take every tiny word of it as fact and then anolyze it to death given that the song was probably in the oral tradition before it was written in the fragments that then get compiled in 2E.

However, if you want a wild and crazy theory about why he shows up on the death bed of Alessia. How's this: do you think that the CoC was the first person to mantle Pelinal?

Akatosh and Lorkhan are the same being. Akatosh was at Alessia's death bed, which should explain that much.
Rob

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:06 pm

I thought the thing up in about a minute. It isn't my most well thought-thru idea.
Nick Swan

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:20 am

LKHN AE AKTSH AE PELINAL

PELINAL AE FUTURE WAR FRACTAL
Benji

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 am

aktsh. :slap:
mollypop

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 am

So I don't get it, what's your problem with having Imperials as a race separate from other humans?

Just leave it. One of the beautious things about how TES has changed is that they were radical in ways. some liked the changes, others didn't.

And you're taking as fact for this a several thousand year old song that is likely steeped not only in metaphor and exaggeration, but legend as well. Okay.

Pwned. I always like that perspective. yes this is a game, and as such not real, but the realness is always a fun bit to throw in. if this is a functioning world, even not our own and fundamentally different, the nature of people is to inflate and exxagerate. So while several things may be true 9the fact that Pelinal was something special, by birth or mantling, is not in dispute) some details may be different simply y the act of them being told by a person, or translated, or whateverelse.

Pelinal is said to be an avatar of the chaotic and unstable fusion of Akatosh and Lorkhan. I dont think that he traveled backwards through time, it was more like he was prophesying/embodying the future via his Akatosh half.

That is... very very clever. If he is embodied fusion of space-time, then I think he is both what you said, but also from the actual future as well. Instability in gad-men makes for fun conversations, just look at the tribunal.
Annick Charron

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:51 pm

*snip*

That would mean that there was a Nedic guy running around who knew that Auriel and Shor were the same, and went about the bewildering business of mantling two roles at once. Given that Pelinal's Shezarrine predecessors were avatar birthday presents from heaven, and Alessia asked Kyne for help via Morihaus, and Kyne sent Pelinal (who served as Mor's superior and relation) down as well, you have a very torturous, unlikely scenario. I don't know how you can reach that conclusion with the simple premise of the name (Pelin-El, Star-Made Knight) unless you want to in the first place for some reason. Because then we'd have a nameless person mantling both halves of the enantiomorph, only he mantled a red jewel instead, and Kyne threw it at Saradavar Leed with the other avatar she kept in her pocket, and the two ended up blood relations.
chinadoll

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion