What would make you NOT buy TES5? - Part 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:33 am

I think the only reason I wouldn't buy it is if it turned out to be an MMO. I don't mind a stand-alone TES MMO though.
emma sweeney

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 pm

If it were an MMO I would not buy it.

If it had an intrusive DRM, I might not buy it.

Other than that I can't think of anything that would cause me not to buy TES V.
Greg Swan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:10 am

if they made certain quests retardedly un-completable

i am referrring, of course, to the ultimate heist in obliv, where if you missed the first arrow, then you have to reload or forget it.
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 am

Nothing.

Even if the next TES game was a DS exclusive linear puzzle game I would buy a DS just so I could get it.

What can I say gamesas, you've got me in your pocket. (oh, I guess I wouldn't buy it if it was from another developer.. but, if they tried to follow the example set by past TES games, I'd probably still pick it up.)

Sure, there are plenty of things that would annoy me.. like, dropping character customization, open-endedness and non-linear gameplay, but I can safely assume none of that would happen. If they made it overly cartoony it would be annoying, but in the end stylistic decisions (including those made to the races like Argonians) don't really affect the gameplay enough for me to care.

The changes made to dunmer were a bigger issue for me than Argonians.. they lost their raspy voice, and just seemed like any other stuck up elf.
Jeremy Kenney

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 am

The idea about a Elder Scrolls MMO comes to mind, i surely dosnt like the idea about it but i am not gonna say i would never buy it because i dont know for sure. Apart from that, i am not too happy with any thing related to multiplayer when it comes to The Elder Scrolls. The Single Player experience should stay in focus.

I would also prefer the game to stay in Tamriel. No Akavir... atleast not right now.

As for guns, i am not too happy about that either, dunno if it would really fit the series.
Sheila Reyes

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:32 pm

if they made certain quests retardedly un-completable

i am referrring, of course, to the ultimate heist in obliv, where if you missed the first arrow, then you have to reload or forget it.

That was the best quest in the entire game, because you could actually fail in it. Not to forget that I did it first with an orc in heavy armor with shield and mace, and had to fight all the way through, including imperial palace guards and the ayleid statues(totally most [censored] enemies in the game, nothing comes close) most epic thing in the entire game.

Edit: Is [censored] censored?? LOL
Loane

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:29 am

Nah. Only thing would keep me from buying TES V is if Beth went for a prolonged period refusing to even confirm they were even 'making' a TES V. But there's little chance of that.
Rude Gurl

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:40 am

I don't play MMOs, so that would do it. No modding would at the least make me wait for a sale or buy a used console version.
Philip Lyon

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Nah. Only that would keep me from buying TES V is if Beth went for a prolonged period refusing to even confirm they were even 'making' a TES V. But there's little chance of that.

Is this meant to be funny?
Rodney C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 am

If we get the oblivion dunmer voices I will seriously not buy it the morrowind voices are irreplaceable. And if every single race has one voice actor it drives me insane to hear two people with the same voice.
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 am

If this game ends up like what Modern Warfare 2 is now (InfinityWard never making patchnotes for the updates, never checking up on PC community and it's issues, keeping DLC on the disc and making us pay later, banning people for using command console, and the fact that it's a console port to the pc etc...) tehn I'm done with TES series if any of those things come around again and for any other game.
james tait

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:28 am

Is this meant to be funny?

No. I can't say its meant to be funny. Sarcastic perhaps. Maybe even asinine. But definitely not funny.
Tina Tupou

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Uhm...if it was turn based I would not buy it.....thats pretty much it
Evaa

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:28 pm

If the game became PC exclusive.

if only it would be AGAIN, then i wouldnt have to play with some sort of console joypad UI/game menu other stuff clearly modeled for console controls and not keyboard.
scorpion972

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 am

-Console Exclusivity

I can't say anything else would stop me from buying it.
But I'd be heavily disappointed if...

-Voiced Dialogue
-Less Body Parts
-Characters of unholy ugliness
-Race Stereotypes
-Magic
-No Guns (lul, thread hijack)
-Daniel Kay's ideas were not in the game (for the most part, at least)
-Facegen from hell, sent by the angry tortoise god to [censored] the children with a rake, requiring I model my character faces. Again.
-Lack of multi-animation/body/texture support.

Pretty much it.
john page

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 am

turn based

New technology

They explain what happened to the Dwemer

voice actors for more that the daedra. (rumors can be voice acted, but not actual conversation. This would also save a [censored]load of production time for..say... the cities that are supposed to be there.)
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:07 am

Honestly, not much would stop me from buying it and playing except for it being an MMO or just having online at all because then then the single player aspect of it would suffer.
Kill Bill

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 am

If we get the oblivion dunmer voices I will seriously not buy it the morrowind voices are irreplaceable. And if every single race has one voice actor it drives me insane to hear two people with the same voice.

I wonder why they went with different voices (from Morrowind, since it sounded like most voices were the same person trying to change their tone). Morrowind had such a unique and diverse cast. Maybe they blew all the voice over money on the unnecessary celebrity guests.
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:01 pm

New technology

Err... Do you mean new tech in the world, or the developers using new tech?

I wonder why they went with different voices (from Morrowind, since it sounded like most voices were the same person trying to change their tone). Morrowind had such a unique and diverse cast. Maybe they blew all the voice over money on the unnecessary celebrity guests.

Yep, it all comes down to the money. It was cheaper to voice all the elves with one voice actor.
james reed

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:51 am

there is really nothing that would keep me from buying it. even if you knew that their would be something that you wouldnt like i dont see why you wouldnt want to buy it. Unless it was something major like sprinting would damage your health. but that would never happen lol
Ann Church

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:47 am

I've actually been giving this some consideration, recently.

* If it was an MMO, obviously. Or even if they inserted online elements that made the game lean towards MMO sensibilities. I want my TES games to remain single-player adventures.

* If they decide to release the game unfinished, only to buff it up with overpriced DLC for years after release.

* If they release it in multiple installments ("Surprise! You have to buy several, seperate, $60 discs to play as each race!")
suniti

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 pm

I heard a rumor but no idea of this is really true. They already recorded a lot of voices but then lost the data to them somehow so it was likely cheaper to redoo them with one voice actor isntead of rehiring the intended one.
But as mentioned i have no idea if that is true.
Charlotte X

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 am

I don't believe it is. It's tied to the supposed data wipe associated with their E3 demo machine self-destructing. But while their demo machine did self-destruct, all it had one it, storage-wise, was the executable and packaged data needed to run the demo. The actual raw data would more than likely be in various repositories at Beth HQ, and they would be fools as a company if they didn't back up their in-game files in several locations for a game they were currently in progress developing.
Tiffany Holmes

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:25 am

if only it would be AGAIN, then i wouldnt have to play with some sort of console joypad UI/game menu other stuff clearly modeled for console controls and not keyboard.

I can't obtain a decent pc though. :cryvaultboy:
Rachyroo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 am

The solution there, of course, would be for Bethesda to design primarily for the PC in terms of UI and graphical settings, and then port over to the consoles with a redesigned UI and culled GFX options if needed.
Louise Dennis

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion