What do you think of Female Gamers?

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:41 pm

I think they are awful....

...... J/K! :tongue:
Adrian Morales

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:54 am

I don't know any outside of forums, but I only know a total of 3 gamers outside of forums, myself included. Come to think of it, make that 2.

Most of my friends and family don't play many video games. They have frivolous hobbies like "career," "offspring," "artist," "musician," "sleep," "sport," and similar silly wastes of time (ok, I have some of those too, but as long as I avoid "sleep" I still have time for gaming).

The ones I know on forums? Hoooooooooooooooooooooooorrible people. Truly vile. The worst.

gary lee

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:38 am

My girlfriend is a die hard tes fan. Her favorite games are Morrowind and Skyrim.

Victoria Vasileva

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:44 am

Other than my wife, who doesn't make time to play much anymore, I don't have much experience with girl gamers.

My thoughts on them though is that they are gamers. What's between their legs has no variable on their skill or preference. My daughters love playing with me, but I don't consider them gamers just yet because they are so young.
Marina Leigh

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:10 am

They...don't hold a bag of Doritos there like we do? :unsure: Horrifying.

Skivs

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:21 am

It amuses me how some people are having a cow because someone just asked if they know any female gamers.

He's just saying he wants to hook up with a gamer of the opposite gender.
Peter P Canning

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:26 am

What you have between your legs doesn't raise your status any. If you can discuss lore and games I enjoy without being condescending or elitist towards others for not knowing things about the game, then you're alright in my book. If you mean 'girl gamers' as in the girls who pose with a nintendo controller to appeal to thirsty nerds, they're skanks looking for cheap likes. But girls who play games and guys who play games hold no distinction between them to me beyond the fact on is male and the other is female.

Mandy Muir

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:14 am

I don't know any in the real world. As to the internet, I generally operate under the assumption that 'girl' is an acronym for 'guy in real life'.

Adrian Powers

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:02 am

You mean the ones that get 8th place in Majora's Mask? :P

Emily Shackleton

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:15 am

I know plenty in the real world. Of all my friends, there are about 25 who play games consistently, about half of them are female. Not that it matters.

Rachel Tyson

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:46 pm

I think about them as much as I would with any gamer.
adame

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:47 am

My sister loves Skyrim and Fallouts, and plays other games too. We always seem to have a conversation about games when we see each other ^_^

As for internet personalities, i've been following her channel for a while now too: https://www.youtube.com/user/GirlGamerGaB/videos

What do i think? Nothing. They are people who like games like me, just with a different... hardware configuration :P
CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:21 am

Maybe not directly answering OP's question, but it is essentially about "are there girls that game" , right?

If I remember correctly, about 15% of our forum is female. Based on polls we've had here in the past.

Looking at Twitch statistics, about 20% of all streamers are female. And they make up 10% of the "top streamers." (The most viewed and/or subscribed)

And I've used Twitch long enough to see that the number of girls "posing as gamers" is actually quite low there.

(There's also just as many guys that use Twitch for the wrong reason too.)

I didn't notice anyone "having a cow" but maybe Yasgur would be better suited at spotting that :P

Rachel Cafferty

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm a male gamer. My little sister is a gamer. She's really into Pokemon and a lot of other games. She's pretty much exactly like I was.

My older sister is kind of a wannabe gamer girl, but she doesn't often play. Ah, well. That's how it goes. I won't judge her for that.

Outside my family, I don't know too many. There are probably a lot of closet gamer girls out there near me, which svcks. I'd hate that. I despise when people judge my interests. Who are they to question who I am? Deal with it. And for any of you gamer girls that are reading this, carry on. Tech isn't just for men. You guys are really cool for being into something that other people might judge you for.

Now that we're on this, gamers in general are already downtrodden in much of our modern culture. Why should we be judged like that? Is it not like sports or TV? Seriously, people.

But again. Ah, well. We'll keep going.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:06 am

Here's a thought: maybe that's why you haven't met any gaming girls. We don't exactly have it tattooed on our foreheads, if you avoid talking about games with people, you might never know they like them too.

In all seriousness, there hasn't been one bigger group of similarly-aged individuals I've been a part of that didn't include at least one female gamer besides myself. In fact, the first friend who introduced me to this hobby was a girl back in primary school: we'd sometimes play her PlayStation when she invited us over. But maybe not surprisingly, I often didn't find out they played games until years later because it just never came up in conversation and we weren't close enough to learn about it by accident. But they were there all the same, you just needed to pay attention. Go to your local Pokemon Go hotspot and you'll probably find a few. :)

*gasp* Preposterous!
Flash

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:11 am

Well I think it's a disgrace.

Er anyway, I've met a small number of gamers IRL and know enough on the likes of fb to know they're real people. Apparently gamers do emerge from our lairs periodically, if not especially often.

Actually, I'm not sure I've met any male gamers IRL, except for a guy I used to work with so he doesn't count.
Laura Simmonds

Post » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:13 pm

I dont distinguish gamers by their gender, race, nationality, etc. When it comes to gamers, it's all about "hey, what do you play and what is it that draws you to those games?"
Marion Geneste

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 am

Where did you get the statistics? I would guess the opposite, TES should be more attractive to women given the freedom to create and customize a character.

Madeleine Rose Walsh

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:31 am

I liked them all, for various reasons, because y'know, they're all fun, and as it turns out, I seem to like games using other parameters than how many shoes I can mod into them. I must admit I like the wobbly old Bethesda engine because it's really easy to mod and, e.g. Inquisition really isn't, but I like Inquisition for all sorts of other reasons. Admittedly, mostly sweary Sera, but you get the idea.
Glu Glu

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:12 am

Nah thats only in Goldshire in WOW, where, male players are paying female characters for cyber six but they are actually male players, and other players always wondered, they stay away from the inn.

I play Fallout, and other elder scrolls game, but not elder scrolls online and a tom of other games, it was my female friends who got me into gaming.

Rudy Paint fingers

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:09 am

Oh my goodness. I remember Goldshire chat!
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:55 am

Well to be fair, if I'd talked about Elder Scrolls when I was at school, I'd probably have been beaten to death.

Lady Shocka

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:49 am

Female gamers?! Hahahaha come on just like the "female g spot" its a myth!! Hahahaha!! :)

Im joking by the way. I remember playing halo 3 and laughing my ass off when everybody figured out one of the players was a girl and immediately flooded her with questions.
Charlie Sarson

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:00 am

Males play video games too?

Chris Duncan

Post » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:54 am

...like...about hair products?

maddison

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games