What is your favorite fallout (4) weapon

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 am

Deliverer probably.

Melly Angelic

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:36 pm

My crygogenic legendary plasma flamer. Waling around in power armor and shooting cold plasma is soothing to my soul (and it kills any monster almost instantly).

Lynette Wilson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 pm

For the life of me I can't figure Bethesda's aversion to implementing ammo types and reloading/handloads. It would completely negate (along with better modding like match barrels) the need for magical drops where we never needed them before. Now we're almost dependent on a RNG system as opposed to have the ability to make our own way and build up our own capabilities. But, then again that's their mindset: ENCHANTMENTS! Must be their fantasy roots just naturally bleeding over, which unfortunately radically departs from the previous game (I was hoping they would improve upon that system---not regress into eye-rolling Skyrim-ish magic.

I assume it's just easier to throw magical items out there in drops, than do the work of implementing ammunition types and handloads and re-working their balance system (whatever that is besides just throwing massive weight on the player); so we're stuck with these ridiculous wounding, instigating, double shot things, Spay and Prays, mods like armor piercing "receivers" (which is ludicrous--how about just a handful of AP rounds?), and such stunning ballistic detail as "shotgun shells." No hollow points, no armor piercing rounds, no magnums, no +Ps and no match grade or super handloads, with a severe reduction in calibers and associated platforms.

Add all this onto a very poorly designed system of weapon platforms and mechanics, a severely compressed menu of available weapons, and it's adds up to a real disappointment. Not the kind of ballistic detail I wanted from a game I waited five years for. The mod system can't hide all the turds in Bethesda's attempt at designing ballistic weaponry, or what they decided to not implement. Too hard to suspend disbelief, as you say...firing .45 ACP from a battle rifle, single action model 29s, battle rifles and shotties that both emulate PPShs, 27lb "assault" rifles, or throwing a .50 BMG chamber on a pipe frame. Ridiculous. The absence of particularly excellent weapons like grenade launcher, etc is really disappointing. If I didn't know better, I would swear their intent was to purposely overturn everything they possibly could of the jewels that New Vegas brought to Fallout, and replace them with the worst ballistic weapon design and mechanics that they could.

It's like Wile E. Coyote meets Fallout.

I agree with you, they ought to just be honest, call it all what it really is, create an enchanting perk, bring in the magic staves, and be done with it. I mean, for all intents and purposes the level system has more in common with Skyrim than FO. They should just go all the way, erase the thin veneer, and stop the charade that this is a FO game.
Tania Bunic

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 pm

i must say out of the new DLC weapons I really like the assaultron blade. though my inner bioshock loves the wrench.

katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Silenced Hunting rifle

Deliverer

.44 Pistol

Annick Charron

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:15 am

Now that I think about it, my favorite is probably the legendary 2 shot 10mm pistol I found around level 12-15 on my first character. Just wandering around he was getting into areas he was not really high level enough to be messing around in and this gun really have him a huge boost. I never put points into gunslinger with that character but he still uses it occasionally even though now he's leveled into the 60's. Outfitted as an automatic with a large quick change magazine it chews through ghouls and other weak enemies.
Dan Endacott

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Settings aside all the references to enchantments, fantasy and what not. Look at how the overall process of getting loot with RNG stats or modifiers works. Its an RNG system but you know what it does? it keeps people playing the game until they get that weapon with the perfect stat rolls or modifiers. And its not just FO4 that does it other games and MMOs do it too. You go to kill the dungeon boss in some MMO but he drops the "chestpiece of leetness" which has +3str, +2end and 2 gem slots. Thats the item you want but not the stat rolls that you want because the chestpiece of leetness has a max potential of +5str, +5end and 4 gem slots. So what do you do? well you keep playing the game, you keep going back to that boss to get the chestpiece of leetness to drop again until you get that perfect roll.

So with whatever new system that YOU want to propose whether it be with handloads, reloads, magic wands or unicorns farting magic fairy dust on your weapons to make them powerful...what can you come up with that wont shorten the playtime of your average person (with the system that we have now). AND will keep them out in the game world hunting for that loot instead of parked at a crafting bench trying to get the perfect stat/modifiers.

EDIT: i do agree with you though that their system for legendaries seems kinda "fantasy like". I would have done something like have standard weapons just have a regular name like "M4A1" but a legendary drop would be "Modified M4A1". But you would have to reverse engineer the weapon to find out what makes it tick or what is so good about it...and you would salvage that mod from the weapon and add it to your own. In fantasy world terms i guess that would be like taking that unidentified drop and taking it to the Deckard Cain work bench so that it can be identified.

Jessica White

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:04 pm

Crippling Assault Rifle fully modded. it's semi automatic with little to no recoil so it's a lot of fun. Once the enemy is crippled, I switch to my enraging death claw with 3 claws and run around them and slash them until they're dead.

Andrew

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Tesla Rifle

All other weapons are inferior. If you think differently you are wrong. No, stop trying to type a reply to this post. Stop it right now!

James Smart

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:21 am

I was actually disappointed with the deathclaw gauntlet in FO4, I preferred the full hand glove of previous instalments.

tegan fiamengo

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:54 am

Gauss Rifle, all-time favorite gun in any video game. Tesla Rifle is up there, too... I think I just like guns that let me play as Mega Man.

Crystal Clarke

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:55 am

Favorite weapons depend on what level you are at IMO.

My stealth character uses a 10mm Legendary with improved VATS.

Backup is a .44 pistol unmodded.

A Legendary 2 shot .45 pipe pistol lasted me about 20 levels. I put a long barrel on it and sniped with it.

Cat

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:26 am

Deliverer.
Becky Cox

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:32 am

Laser Musket & Double-Barrel Shotgun.

I never liked the "repaired" Hunting Rifle in FO4, and since I headcanon to play the same character as in FO3 & NV (shut up), I just imagine it's the logical transition: My guy's trusty hunting rifle originally found in FO3 survived the Mojave, then finally gave in irreparably; so he taped a disassembled laser pistol to what's left of the original frame for FO4.

I'm using an "Instigating Six-Crank Recon Laser Musket" as a main sniper rifle. The Big Boomer is ever still going strong, as a "Fiery Sawed-off Glow-Sighted Double-Barrel Shotgun".

Craig Martin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Any weapon that does 25% more dmg and limb damage with increase recoil, I like that extra recoil and damage makes it harder to hit the targets :D.

Dislike anything explosive because it's too overpowered to the point of going around with an explosive shotgun the only threat you have is shooting something too close to you, cause anything melts even in long range, took me like 4 hits to down a behemoth from a far and that is with 75% damage of initial survival dificulty damage on lvl 40 with no perks in said gun.

It is fun to kill ghouls though, all these body parts flying :D

lilmissparty

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:20 pm

I use the exploding tommy gun, just because it's good enough without being OP.

Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:40 pm

2-shot combat rifle. It's a Swiss Army knife of death.

butterfly

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 am

Old Faithful, double strength on first hit means its more powerful than base missile launcher and can fire 10 times in VATS

Gauss is too powerful in VATS and hard to use outside it

Silenced Deliverer is great for stealth, and against robots, ghouls and northwest enemies.

I love my recon scope on my sniper, but gun is too weak without full rifleman, use it like binocs.

Gatling laser is fun but takes too long to charge up.

Of course i carry all these with me at all times, plus s few more...Strong Back for life...passerbys often mention something about the #of guns i have on me!
Jessica White

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:18 am

Old Faithful, double strength on first hit means its more powerful than base missile launcher and can fire 10 times in VATS

Gauss is too powerful in VATS and hard to use outside it

Silenced Deliverer is great for stealth, and against robots, ghouls and northwest enemies.

I love my recon scope on my sniper, but gun is too weak without full rifleman, use it like binocs.

Gatling laser is fun but takes too long to charge up.

Of course i carry all these with me at all times, plus a few more...Strong Back for life...passerbys often mention something about the #of guns i have on me!
djimi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:30 pm

I use The Last Minute. But I changed it to The First Hour, because it was like my first hour in Fallout, carnage for foes.

On the other hand, I also have the Silver Submachine gun, I wear the Silver Shroud costume when I'm not in Power Armor (Flame XO-1 Mrk. II).

TBH I'm looking for the Deliverer, I know WHERE I can get it, but I don't know the location on the map.

lucy chadwick

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:02 pm

dude I been looking for a plasma gun with cold damage!!
Lakyn Ellery

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:46 am

Fully modded gattling laser + ranked out big gun perk

Adam Kriner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Bottlecap mine. Although it's not a weapon you can use in every situation.. or even all that often. I always get a lot of joy out of hearing one I placed go off while I'm sneaking around a building.

Angela Woods

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:14 am

My character seemed to evolve about every 25 levels, so that the two-shot laser rifle that was saving my behind at lvl 25 was sitting in a drawer at lvl 50.

At lvl 80, and with the MQ completed, the current loadout is:

Long Range: Overseer's Guardian, chambered for .308

The Last Minute? (unique Gauss rifle)

Middle Range: Mighty Assault Rifle (125% damage)

Plasma Rifle

10 mm Auto w/ Explosive ammo

Short Range: Mighty Shotgun (125% damage)

Apply grenades as needed.

cutiecute

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 am

Explosive Assault Rifle, Explosive 10 mm, and my Never ending .50 cal sniper rifle. There has been no enemy that I cannot defeat with these babies.

Hannah Barnard

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4