Where do you go when you die?

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Pretty much.

Well my theory is that if you get reincarnated and DON'T remember your past life, its almost the equivlant of just simply going nowhere after you die. Except theres a one in a million chance you'll have some sort of destiny.
Strawberry

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Well, you have to also consider the fact that if you served a Daedra or Aedra (I THINK) well enough, you could go serve them for eternity, correct? You become "mortal currency" or whatever the term is.
Shianne Donato

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:53 am

Well, you have to also consider the fact that if you served a Daedra or Aedra (I THINK) well enough, you could go serve them for eternity, correct? You become "mortal currency" or whatever the term is.

Lunar currency.

All of this dreamsleeve stuff makes sense. But, it probably does go beyond Nirn.
Mandy Muir

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:08 pm

I'd probably go with that, but it would probably only be THE most devout followers or really important people. (Say a Septim)

I'm only saying this because if it were easier for anyone to get into another realm, then what would be the point in not being religious?

Like would you rather live your life and just die, or be a devout follower of a specific Aedra and serve them for eternity?
Daddy Cool!

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:18 pm

so, is Aetherius just a name for the Dreamsleeve?
Ashley Hill

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:04 pm

so, is Aetherius just a name for the Dreamsleeve?

Not really.

The dreamsleave seems to be part of the "Maintenance" of the mundus, and not really connected to Aetherius, other than being powered by it.

It is better described as a mythic copy-cat of the god-head's mind. Souls are birthed, processed, and consumed by this construct, much like the greater aurbis is by the godhead.
Thomas LEON

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 am

Lunar currency.

All of this dreamsleeve stuff makes sense. But, it probably does go beyond Nirn.

Dammit, lol, that's what I wanted to say first but I though it was wrong because I didn't know how the word "lunar" played into it.
KU Fint

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 am

The Mythic Dawn didn't go to the Dreamsleeve when they died.
Monique Cameron

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Indeed. Dagon's got himself some more servants to do his bidding.
Monique Cameron

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:06 am

Nope they went onto another server. One that has instant spawn enabled.
Farrah Lee

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:50 am

If you end up in the realm of your personal diety, would it be possible that some of the people in Shivering Isles are there because they died? If so, were they reincarnated there as someone else, or reincarnated as themselves?

So would be possible, hypothetically, for when someone dies, they go into the dreamsleeve, or a god can take their souls and put them in the god's realm? Like how Manker Camoran manages to take the souls of his followers and put them in paradise, by using Dagon's power as a god?

I hope that makes sense.
Poetic Vice

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:53 pm

If you end up in the realm of your personal diety, would it be possible that some of the people in Shivering Isles are there because they died? If so, were they reincarnated there as someone else, or reincarnated as themselves?

So would be possible, hypothetically, for when someone dies, they go into the dreamsleeve, or a god can take their souls and put them in the god's realm? Like how Manker Camoran manages to take the souls of his followers and put them in paradise, by using Dagon's power as a god?

I hope that makes sense.

It's not just the Daedra, the ghosts of the Blades and the Knights of the Nine said that they go to Aetherius.

As for the Shivering Isles, those that commit suicide in the Shivering Isles are condemned to walk the Hill of Suicides until their skull is returned to them. Although I wouldn't be surprised if people got reincarnated there, being the chosen of Sheogorath.
Dona BlackHeart

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:19 am

Yes. Nobody is taken to the Isles if they don't willingly go. If they die in the Isles they aren't kept there. I think laws vary, but suicide will keep you in the Isles, Sheogorath's humor s'pose.

That's why you need to kill the suicidal guy in Dementia (I pushed him off the wall) instead of having him commit suicide.
Jordan Moreno

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:32 am

It looks like the consensus is that you could end up just about anywhere. Most probably reincarnate, but there are plenty of alternate destinations.
Naomi Ward

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:35 am

It looks like the consensus is that you could end up just about anywhere. Most probably reincarnate, but there are plenty of alternate destinations.

It's what the world portrays at first sight yes. Some text hint at something more fundamental though.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=714862&view=findpost&p=10316539

Especially the bit from the lovelettter is significant. People go to what they have alligned. This can be the Dreamsleeve if they're ordinary mortals, or something else if they sold their soul so to speak or made a http://www.imperial-library.info/tsomw/mw_18.shtmlof http://www.imperial-library.info/mwbooks/lessons.shtml#19.
Scotties Hottie

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:11 am

Your soul goes to Sithis and if you are deemed unworthy,you are turned into an Adoring Fan.

Someone with music tastes such as yours, that's exactly what I thought you'd say.
Dustin Brown

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion