Who is Paul Oughton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:26 am

Ah, so it's just your assumption? I like to have proof before I say things, tbh. If all of their development team was devoted to making Fallout 3, they couldn't have dedicated very many people, if any, to making TESV. Even if they could, very little progress would be made, especially if the entire team wasn't working on it. It's like getting a construction crew to build a house, then telling them to build a mansion next door without wasting any extra time.
They have lots of teams of people. Writers, animators, modelers, terrainers, scripters, and so on. They can't all work on the same thing at the same time. Writers start out so the others will know what to do. Artists put together drawings of what they want it to look like. Bottom line is that by the time they're wrapping up a game, the writers and artists would have been long done with that game and would have been working hard on the next one or the expansion packs.
Hazel Sian ogden

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 am

Yup, its gonna do a Duke Nukem Forever.

Not quite. Duke Nukem Forever was officially announced back in 1997 and TES5 hasn't been announced at all. A small, but very important difference.

Now supposedly the Moderators here weren't given 'any' insight into the future of TES (just as ignorant as us) but you seem to know something significant.

It's simple logic really.

Morrowind was announced in 2000 but not released until 2002, two years later.
Oblivion was announced in 2004 but not released until 2006, two years later.
Fallout 3 was sort of announced in 2004 too, before Oblivion, but only because it was about Bethesda buying the Fallout rights from Interplay which is a public company. They didn't really talk about Fallout 3 until early 2007 and it was released in late 2008, almost 2 years later.

So with all their blockbuster games, it taken about 1.5-2 years from official announcement to release, and whatever big game they work on now (which probably is TES5) hasn't been officially announced yet. And there's no chance it will take less than a year from an official announcement to release either, none at all.
neil slattery

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 am

No, Tes fans were here first. Obsidian could easily take over the Fallout series, I'm sure of it. It's been four years, and it hasn't even been confirmed that there will be another Elder Scrolls game. I like Fallout, really I do, but it's standing in the way of the true Bethesda series. I didn't always think this way. I started out with TES series, then one day saw Fallout 3 and decided to try it. I loved Fallout 3, but it didn't compare to an Elder Scrolls game. I didn't think about it harming TES series much then, but now, as nearly four years have passed dince Oblivion's release and there isn't any news of TES V, I am getting impatient. I want TES V, but Bethesda doesn't care. Fallout makes more money than TES series, more and more fans are showing their anger, and I am growing more aware of what the Fallout series is doing to TES series, the series that is Bethesda.

Seti, that's kind of selfish. Bethesda made a masterpiece with Fallout 3, despite what fans of the original Fallout will tell you. Bethesda has a lot more fans now because of Fallout 3, meaning they'll also have a lot more fans of TES, like me, for example. You can get impatient all you want, but you can't hate Fallout just because it's getting in the way of your favorite series, it's silly. Bethesda obviously cares about TESV, but it's in their best interest to not tell fans about it until they have a nearly complete game to show off.
ZzZz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:35 am

Seti, that's kind of selfish. Bethesda made a masterpiece with Fallout 3, despite what fans of the original Fallout will tell you. Bethesda has a lot more fans now because of Fallout 3, meaning they'll also have a lot more fans of TES, like me, for example. You can get impatient all you want, but you can't hate Fallout just because it's getting in the way of your favorite series, it's silly. Bethesda obviously cares about TESV, but it's in their best interest to not tell fans about it until they have a nearly complete game to show off.

No, Fallout has guns. That is why it sold better. Bethesda made a masterpiece, but then they ruined it. I can't play Fallout 3(PS3 version) because Bethesda did something wrong with the DLC and the GOTY edition, and they never fixed it. How am I being selfish by wanting an Elder Scrolls game? I thought the two series could co-exist as Bethesda's products, byt the Fallout series seems to have delayed an Elder Scrolls game too much, and I am only interested in a small group of game series. TES is one of the very few game series I like, and it is the best of those game series. Fallout fans do not just become TES fans. TES series doesn't have and never should have exploding heads and guns, which does attract some Fallout 3 players. Fallout 3 was a good game, but Bethesda made it unplayable, so how am I being selfish? I can't play the game, and it is delaying one of the few things that will give me pleasure in the world. Obsidian is a capable company, and I don't see why they can't easily make Fallout 4. Bethesda only brags about Fallout, and I love Fallout 3, but I love TES series far more. There are enough games with guns and exploding people out there, in my opinion. Fallout is too bleak as well. If the Fallout series delays an Elder Scrolls game by 2-4 years, than I am not being selfish by getting angry at that series(which I do like, but I can't play the only Bethesda part of that series) that delays the only series that truly makes me happy, I am just getting impatient. Seeing as the Fallout series has become more important to Bethesda than TES series, of course I am angry.
Stay-C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:06 am

No, Fallout has guns. That is why it sold better. Bethesda made a masterpiece, but then they ruined it. I can't play Fallout 3(PS3 version) because Bethesda did something wrong with the DLC and the GOTY edition, and they never fixed it. How am I being selfish by wanting an Elder Scrolls game? I thought the two series could co-exist as Bethesda's products, byt the Fallout series seems to have delayed an Elder Scrolls game too much, and I am only interested in a small group of game series. TES is one of the very few game series I like, and it is the best of those game series. Fallout fans do not just become TES fans. TES series doesn't have and never should have exploding heads and guns, which does attract some Fallout 3 players. Fallout 3 was a good game, but Bethesda made it unplayable, so how am I being selfish? I can't play the game, and it is delaying one of the few things that will give me pleasure in the world. Obsidian is a capable company, and I don't see why they can't easily make Fallout 4. Bethesda only brags about Fallout, and I love Fallout 3, but I love TES series far more. There are enough games with guns and exploding people out there, in my opinion. Fallout is too bleak as well. If the Fallout series delays an Elder Scrolls game by 2-4 years, than I am not being selfish by getting angry at that series(which I do like, but I can't play the only Bethesda part of that series) that delays the only series that truly makes me happy, I am just getting impatient.

No, you're not selfish because you want the game, you're being selfish because you want Bethesda to forget all about Fallout and focus on TES forever. Before you wish that for Obsidian to make Fallout 4, at least wait for New Vegas. I for one don't think they'll be capable of replicating the feel of Fallout 3, but I wouldn't mind being surprised. Bethesda has two games to work on now, and that's that Seti. I want Fallout 4, but I don't want TESV to be scrapped so they can make it, despite me loving Fallout 3 much more than any TES game I've played. You can complain about it all you want, but it's not going to change anything.
Khamaji Taylor

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 pm

No, you're not selfish because you want the game, you're being selfish because you want Bethesda to forget all about Fallout and focus on TES forever. Before you wish that for Obsidian to make Fallout 4, at least wait for New Vegas. I for one don't think they'll be capable of replicating the feel of Fallout 3, but I wouldn't mind being surprised. Bethesda has two games to work on now, and that's that Seti. I want Fallout 4, but I don't want TESV to be scrapped so they can make it, despite me loving Fallout 3 much more than any TES game I've played. You can complain about it all you want, but it's not going to change anything.

That's not being selfish, that's wanting Bethesda to focus on their series. You can say what you want, but TES series is Bethesda. The Fallout series is something they just picked up. I don't want to wait at least 6-8 years for each Elder Scrolls game, and TES series was here first, yet it did not receive Bethesda's focus at any recent time. Bethesda only has news of Fallout, but no news of their series. It is bad enough to have to wait 4-6 years for an Elder Scrolls game without Fallout in the equation, but with it, I can't expect an Elder Scrolls game for at least 6-8 years after the last one. Fallout was never a part of Bethesda in the past, and it doesn't help TES fans to find out that an Elder Scrolls game will be delayed(or not even made) due to a new series that doesn't mean nearly as much to them as TES series. You can say what you want, but the Fallout series is an invader, from a certain point of view. The fact that TES V likely won't come out until 6-8 years after Oblivion's release(if it comes out at all) is ridiculous.
kyle pinchen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 am

That's not being selfish, that's wanting Bethesda to focus on their series. You can say what you want, but TES series is Bethesda. The Fallout series is something they just picked up. I don't want to wait at least 6-8 years for each Elder Scrolls game, and TES series was here first, yet it did not receive Bethesda's focus at any recent time. Bethesda only has news of Fallout, but no news of their series. It is bad enough to have to wait 4-6 years for an Elder Scrolls game without Fallout in the equation, but with it, I can't expect an Elder Scrolls game for at least 6-8 years after the last one. Fallout was never a part of Bethesda in the past, and it doesn't help TES fans to find out that an Elder Scrolls game will be delayed(or not even made) due to a new series that doesn't mean nearly as much to them as TES series. You can say what you want, but the Fallout series is an invader, from a certain point of view. The fact that TES V likely won't come out until 6-8 years after Oblivion's release(if it comes out at all) is ridiculous.

Well, I tried to reason with you, but as usual, it didn't work. Think whatever you want, but Fallout is here to stay whether you like it or not.
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:21 am

Well, I tried to reason with you, but as usual, it didn't work. Think whatever you want, but Fallout is here to stay whether you like it or not.

I am aware of that. I like Fallout, but having Fallout when I could have had TES is like having having dirt when I could have had creme brulee.
Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am

Paul Oughton is a "publishing executive" and not really a developer. And that article is over a year old, you will not see a new TES released in 2010.

Well then, thank you and good bye. Oblivion and SI was exelent, Fallout [censored].

Nice talking to you guys.

1. Rockstar North
2. Bethesda
3. Activision
4. Ubisoft
Dawn Porter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:20 am

Is that your hit list?
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 am

They went into full production in October 2008 with their next game. They've been working on it since Oblivion was released, but with a small team in pre-production stage.

Where did you read this? Because this is the way they always work on a new TES. I remeber reading in one of announcements for Oblivion that they are ALWAYS working on TES and that they always have some people on the project, it's just that in early stages it's too few to even talk about and they just build conceptions. I believe that either in the dvd content for TES4 Collector's or in that same article it was said that they gather ideas for the next game while still working on the current one(so they already had few ideas for TESV while wotking on OB). My point is that if you could find this article you're getting the info from, we might have a clear confirmation that work is in progress and maybe they will even announce the game on E3 2010.
Claire Jackson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 pm

its coming out in 2011 or 2012 just in time for the http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/03/13/next-xbox-720-to-launch-in-2011-2012-according-to-microsoft.htm

so, of course, all xbox players will have to buy another console for tes, again :shakehead:

p.s: this is becoming a speculation page, this should be in the community discussion (i think), and the op's ? has been answered. i think this thread is finished :)
NEGRO

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:59 am

Dude, you're lucky you're not a Blizzard fan...:P
The Time Car

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:21 am

its coming out in 2011 or 2012 just in time for the http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/03/13/next-xbox-720-to-launch-in-2011-2012-according-to-microsoft.htm

so, of course, all xbox players will have to buy another console for tes, again :shakehead:

p.s: this is becoming a speculation page, this should be in the community discussion (i think), and the op's ? has been answered. i think this thread is finished :)

The official speculation thread was closed, but I think you should open a thread about xbox 720 - you're 100% right imho. I believe Beth soft doesn't want to do to console players what Lionhead did to pc gamers, but they still don't want to stick with the old technology anymore.
SUck MYdIck

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 am

The official speculation thread was closed, but I think you should open a thread about xbox 720 - you're 100% right imho. I believe Beth soft doesn't want to do to console players what Lionhead did to pc gamers, but they still don't want to stick with the old technology anymore.

this http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1064256 is closed?
hmm....
Lori Joe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 am

this http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1064256 is closed?
hmm....

oh, got reopened, huh?:D few days ago it got closed because people were going off topic...much like we are here right now:P
Danial Zachery

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 am

I dont think we were ever ON topic?
Sian Ennis

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm

I don't understand how we can be expected to stay on topic for long, seeing that we are not absolutely positive that TES:V even exists...
Vahpie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:35 am

I don't understand how we can be expected to stay on topic for long, seeing that we are not absolutely positive that TES:V even exists...

Talk is silver, silence is gold.

If you're not positive, then don't post. It's better for a thread to not get any posts at all rather than a bunch of off-topic posts.
marina

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 am

What will ps3 players have to do?

Dude, you're lucky you're not a Blizzard fan...:P

What?
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:26 pm

What will ps3 players have to do?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ps4-and-xbox-720-to-arrive-in-2011-2-estimates-crytek. lol.
Alisia Lisha

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:16 am

What?

...so you're not forced to wait 10(Diablo) to 12(Starcraft) years for the next installation in your favourite series.
Tracey Duncan

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion