why doesnt 30 fps seem as smooth on pc as console

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 pm

30 fps @ a max resolution of 1280x720 is a lot different then 60 fps at say 1920x1080+.
Princess Johnson

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 am

i think its very depenant on game too, im playing batman arlkham city rite now with patch 2, and whilst its better, its still not perfect ive had to limit the frame rate to 35 fps and its totaly playable, but skyrim is another thing all together, unplayable at 30 for me, arkham city still has completly random fps drops that really annoys me but i can at least just about play it with max settints on my hd 6950 2gb overclocked to 6970 clock speeds, 880mhz core, 1375 mem, annoying that i can only get it just abut playable, but ive waited so long for this patch so i can play at max settings. but yeah its depends on game sometimes too i think
Charles Mckinna

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Many televisions have seperate settings for each input (HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.). Have you checked that the console and PC inputs have the same settings?
He got the

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Hey to everyone in this topic and Morgan23,

Nvidia have just recently released some new drivers (301.24) with a few brand new features. One of the more interesting features is 'adaptive v-sync'. In a nutshell what it does is limits your FPS to what your monitor refresh rate is, ELIMINATING screen tear as long as you your card(s) can continuously handle it. If it can't keep up it will turn v-sync off and this will still allow your system to push out as many FPS as possible. All this happens dynamically while gaming. Another side affect of this, as long as your system can keep the constant FPS up, it ELIMINATES v-sync lag, So i'm happy about that. Another thing is with the new adaptive v-sync is that it has another setting 'adaptive v-sync half refresh rate' and ITS THIS SETTING THAT WILL MAKE 30FPS SEEM AS SMOOTH AS CONCOLES! I've tried and it feels very smooth compared to capping your framerate by some other means. This has one downside though that atleast I've experienced which is it makes input very laggy, its very smooth, but laggy.

Try it for yourselves guys.
Wayland Neace

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim