Will Elderscrolls

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 am

My personal prediction for TES VI would be Summerset Isle. It's a group of Islands so it has natural borders and little is known about the geography (at least for me). Bethesda has been very focused with the northern provinces with the past few Elder Scrolls titles. I think after Skyrim, its time for them to look towards the south. Maybe their waiting for new console hardware to support all the jungles and swamps.

I'm going to leave my speculation at that. I'm not going to start thinking about TES VI until after Fallout 4 is released.
Lauren Graves

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 am

morrowind's graphics were great at the time, besides, i still play morrowind without caring about graphics... it was and still is a great game, i didnt mind all the reading, to be honest... hell, i read tons of the in-game books!

you hate morrowind cause it doesnt have graphics that were IMPOSSIBLE at the time of its release?

boy, are you spoiled beyond belief... you may as well hate everything that comes out because they wont look as good as games do in another 50 years or so.

sorry for sounding harsh, but its true... there is no reason to hate a game that pushed the limits of its time, and could not have been better.

even if morrowind wasnt the most advanced game on PCs at the same, it certainly was on any console, im pretty sure.
Sarah Kim

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:08 pm

We have been everywhere in Tamriel but never been to Akavier maybe the mystery is good for the series but I think the series will still be fun as long as they give some varitey so don't play in a single province for 3 games 1-2 is enough get some variety, I would of answered your questions but everyone else has..........wonder if The elder scrolls will out last Call of duty
Samantha Wood

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:09 am

We have been everywhere in Tamriel but never been to Akavier maybe the mystery is good for the series but I think the series will still be fun as long as they give some varitey so don't play in a single province for 3 games 1-2 is enough get some variety, I would of answered your questions but everyone else has..........wonder if The elder scrolls will out last Call of duty

Akavir sounds totally awesome. It's so magical, mysterious, bizzare, it would be the best place to have one of these games set!
Life long Observer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 am

Considering that I can't see a TES game set fully in one (or even part of one) province as doing great justice to the scale of the world while maintaining the attention to detail that Beth does these days, and that in so doing the great cities are reduced to dozens or hundreds of people in as many buildings...

I think Beth would be fully warranted in making an entire TES game set wholly (or mostly) within one of its cities - having it sprawl outward and upward with a huge number of buildings big and small. Similar to how they did Tribunal, only bigger. If they did that, they could do great justice to a city-state like Stros-M'kai, or they could do the Imperial City the way it's meant to be done. It would also offer fringe benefits, like a more dynamic economy and a different approach to quests and guilds - each of the guilds might have 'turf' that they defend with turf wars, for example.

And if they did that, they'd practically NEVER run out of new places to delve into.
Queen of Spades

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 am

That sounds like Just Cause 2 its just One Giant Open World, instead of Loading areas. :)

I would Love Remakes of the Older Games in Oblivion Style so i can Understand More as to what is going on. :D

I played Morrowind Goty for 10 Minutes after Buying it and Sold it again, if they Remake that Game in the Style of Oblivion, then i will Defenitly give it a Chance. ;)
Vivien

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

Arena: Everywhere
Daggerfall: High Rock/Hammerfell
Morrowind: Vvardenfell/Solstheim/Mournhold
Oblivion: Cyrodiil/Oblivion/Shivering Isles
Skyrim: Skyrim

seems all that's left is akavir, stros m' Kai (ignoring redguard), atmora and all the other daedra planes excluding Sheogorath and Mehrunes Dagon. Oh and the sload place
NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:04 am

The Chapters will end, at some point, but spin-offs can visit other locales. And not Akavir.
Dalley hussain

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:40 pm

That sounds like Just Cause 2 its just One Giant Open World, instead of Loading areas. :)

I would Love Remakes of the Older Games in Oblivion Style so i can Understand More as to what is going on. :D

I played Morrowind Goty for 10 Minutes after Buying it and Sold it again, if they Remake that Game in the Style of Oblivion, then i will Defenitly give it a Chance. ;)

What do you mean? 10 minutes is hardly giving the game a chance at all! What was the problem? You couldn't handle having to read the text on screen? You couldn't handle less than top tier graphics? You couldn't handle the running speed? This sort of thing you'd encounter initially is so surface level. Morrowind is a very strong game, in many many ways it is better than Oblivion. The systems are more in-depth, there are a greater variety of cities and town styles, more skills, less awful level scaling etc. Remaking it 'in Oblivion style' would just make it Oblivion, which believe me, few people here would want.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:27 am

As long as it provides cash-ola in the bank-ola....
It'll stay around.
And if it's around for a loooooong time...I guarantee you it'll lose it's way eventually.
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:20 am

Next game should be combination of Elsweyr and Valenwood.Maybe a war between wood elves and khajiit and something big going on with the empire and stuff i dont know.the regions are great.forests deserts.also i would like to see how black marsh looks like.in the books its described as a very strange land and it would be awesome to explore.Btw why not go to akavir??
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 am

I've been waiting for Blsck Marsh forever!!!
jessica breen

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 pm

The Point is, People are getting Older in the Years and my First Game was Oblivion, after giving Morrowind a Small Try, Bethesda should concider Combining the rest of TES in a Single Game or DLC
Next game should be combination of Elsweyr and Valenwood.Maybe a war between wood elves and khajiit and something big going on with the empire and stuff i dont know.the regions are great.forests deserts.also i would like to see how black marsh looks like.in the books its described as a very strange land and it would be awesome to explore.Btw why not go to akavir??

Hayley O'Gara

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 pm

The Point is, People are getting Older in the Years and my First Game was Oblivion, after giving Morrowind a Small Try, Bethesda should concider Combining the rest of TES in a Single Game or DLC

Ah, what? Seriously, nobody cares if you like Oblivion because it's the first one you played and you gave Morrowind a 10 minute shot. They're not gonna make everything like Oblivion, and they SHOULDN'T because there was plenty that could do with fixing in Oblivion. And even if they WANTED to do all the regions in one style at one time in one game, there's NO WAY IN HELL they could do it. It would take several decades and technology would be going ahead of it quickly.
saharen beauty

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Arena had the entire map of Tamriel, but as previous posters have said, it didn't represent them in their full glory. Bethesda will probably try to do that before they discontinue the series. I imagine they weren't happy with how they did Daggerfall either.

So therefore, they've done Cyrodiil and Morrowind (not even all of Morrowind, only Vvardenfell), and this time next year we should be exploring Skyrim. Then they still have Black Marsh, Valenwood, Summerset Isles, Elsweyr, High Rock, and Hammerfell. That's a lot of Elder Scrolls.

And then there's still Akavir and Atmora. :tongue:

And Yokuda if they want to travel back in time.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:36 am

How come Oblivion lived up to it's name when Cyrodiil which should look almost like a jungle. Looks like the average scandinavian forest?

Anyway.

I would love to visit all the lands again in a more interesting picture.
Iain Lamb

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim