Will Elderscrolls

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 am

This is what the World of Elderscrolls look like, obviously Most of you know that. :P
http://images.uesp.net//c/c3/TamrielMap.jpg

I Hated Morrowind, because there were No Acting Dialogue with a Bagillion Text and even the Graphics looked Stale while im Surprised Oblivion Completly lived up to its Name.

01. Now im not an Elderscrolls Pro, so what Other Lands in Each Game did we Visit and what Land will we visit in the Next Game and the next before the Franchise becomes Stale and Boring.

02. Shouldent we visit another Land in the Elderscrolls World through a DLC, because where did the Shiviring Isles and the Knights of the Nine come from.
Love iz not

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 am

This is what the World of Elderscrolls look like, obviously Most of you know that. :P

I Hated Morrowind, because there were No Acting Dialogue with a Bagillion Text and even the Graphics looked Stale while im Surprised Oblivion Completly lived up to its Name.

01. Now im not an Elderscrolls Pro, so what Other Lands in Each Game did we Visit and what Land will we visit in the Next Game and the next before the Franchise becomes Stale and Boring.

We visited every province of the Empire, from Hammerfell and High Rock to Morrowind. Thank Arena for that.

02. Shouldent we visit another Land in the Elderscrolls World through a DLC, because where did the Shiviring Isles and the Knights of the Nine come from.

Shivering Isles was a daedric realm

Knights of the Nine took place entirerly in Cyrodiil.

And I wouldn't mind getitng a chance to explore border regions or Islands in a DLC.
Or were you asking something else?
CHANONE

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:54 am

1. I think we have visited everywhere. But we can probably revisit alot of them because games like Daggerfall and Arena did not represent them in all their glory (graphical and gameplay-wise)
2. I think Knights of the Nine was in Cyrodiil, not sure I didn't play it. and Shivering Isles was in Sheogorath's Daedric Plane.
I think we have many more games before we run out of stuff to do and places to visit.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Yes, I hope that it will go on and on and no it's not stale and boring (despite Oblivion's best efforts to try to be).
Danny Warner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 am

1. I know we have visited Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and I think Summerset Isles (?)
2. I think Knights of the Nine was in Cyrodiil, not sure I didn't play it. and Shivering Isles was in Sheogorath's Daedric Plane.

1. We've never been to Summerset Isles as far as I know. Daggerfall was High Rock and Hammerfell, Morrowind was Vvardenfell (an island in the province of Morrowind) and Oblivion was Cyrodiil. Arena just dealt with all of Tamriel.
2. This is correct.
Matthew Barrows

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 am

1. I know we have visited Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and I think Summerset Isles (?)

We visited every province in Arena, but out of that list, the Isles were only visited in Arena.

@gamemaster, the Crystal tower we visited in Arena was in the Summerset Isles.
Nicholas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 am

1. We've never been to Summerset Isles as far as I know.

Oh, maybe I got that confused with a fan story.
Tamara Dost

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 pm

We visited Tamriel in its entirety in Arena, then Daggerfall, and wherever else was in it, i never got too far in it. Then Vvardenfell, to Cyrodil, and Mehurnes Dagon's plane of Oblivion, the Deadlands. And Sheogorath's realm, the Shivering Isles. Next we go to Skyrim, and maybe another Daedric Princes realm, we have 14 left to see. But I wouldn't count on it.
And Knights of the Nine took place in Cyrodil 100%.
Claire Lynham

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 am

What is Next after Skyrim, how many Lands More will we visit in Future TES Games, a Question i forgot to add. :P.

@RoflLizard: So we will have 14 TES Games in the Future after Skyrim.
FITTAS

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Well We have Valenwood, Morrowind's Mainland, Summerset isles, Elsweyr, and Black Marsh left to explore, as to which one is next, we will find out in 5 or 6 years.
I'm hoping Elsweyr or Black Marsh, but no one can tell.
Fluffer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:00 am

We visited every province in Arena, but out of that list, the Isles were only visited in Arena.

@gamemaster, the Crystal tower we visited in Arena was in the Summerset Isles.

I see. Never played Arena, and for some reason just assumed it only dealt with mainland Tamriel.

What is Next after Skyrim, how many Lands More will we visit in Future TES Games, a Question i forgot to add. :P.

There's no way to know for sure, but the only provinces that haven't had a specific game focus on them (as far as I know) are Valenwood, Elsweyr, Black Marsh and the Summerset Isles, so possibly one of those.

There are also quite a few continents apart from Tamriel that have been mentioned in the games but never visited.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:28 am

I Hated Morrowind...

Ooh I don't like you! :flame:

But in all seriousness, there is no reason why TES would ever need to end, purely based on explored land. There is plenty of land we haven't been to yet (I don't count Arena and Daggerfall because they were 2-dimensional). And even if we run out of space in Tamriel there are entire new continents we haven't been to yet. Plus, there is always the prospect of revisiting some provinces.
Red Sauce

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 am

Yes it will go on and on. It will become the American version of Final Fantasy. Savvy?
RAww DInsaww

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 am

I've always hoped for a Valenwood/Elsweyr Elder Scrolls.
Gwen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:23 am

I've always hoped for a Valenwood/Elsweyr Elder Scrolls.

A bit off topic, but you could always try out the Elsweyr, Deserts of Anequina mod for Oblivion until that happens. Very well made (but still fairly unfinished) mod in my opinion.
I love YOu

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:12 am

Well if they made stand alone games for each other Daedric Prince realm, then we would be looking at 18 games(The 14 Daedric princes yet to recieve a proper realm + 4 unexplored provinces). But they are 99% most likely never going to do an ES game from only a Daedric realm, so probably after the 4 unexplored prvinces, we might go to one of the other Continents, such as Akavir.
Prohibited

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 pm

I see. Never played Arena, and for some reason just assumed it only dealt with mainland Tamriel.

There's no way to know for sure, but the only provinces that haven't had a specific game focus on them (as far as I know) are Valenwood, Elsweyr, Black Marsh and the Summerset Isles, so possibly one of those.

There are also quite a few continents apart from Tamriel that have been mentioned in the games but never visited.

Pyandonea
Thras(recently re-emerged after being sunk)
Atmora (frozen hell hole)
Ruins of Yokuda ('twas like the A-bomb, on antimatter. If youn believe those silly redguards)
Akavir

Yes it will go on and on. It will become the American version of Final Fantasy. Savvy?

*engaging sith voice modulator*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*disengaging sith voice modulator*

Join the sith, we've got cookies, and all sith can do the vader-no.
Bird

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:17 am

Now that will be Awsome :D

Games i would Keep, will start from Oblivion and Onwards till the End of TES :P
Ashley Campos

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 am

I'm hoping to visit Valenwood next, Skyrim and Valenwood were what I was hoping for. Maybe I can get to wishes in a row? Or maybe I'm just a Greybeard?

I wanna go to Pyandonea, I desperately want to be a Maormer, and tropical islands are my kinda place.

I'd rather not go to Thras though, those Sloads are ugly little beasts.

And Atmora seems interesting, the true land of the Nords, it is supposed to be a really stable and strong nation of Nords.
Danel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Considering the difference in each game (every land is completely different and until a game is set there we dont know all that much)....and the fact only 3 had had a province focus.....it'll take a while before it get 'stale'.

PS: For its day Morrowind actaully had great graphics....it was even award for it.
Monika Fiolek

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:19 am

I'm hoping to visit Valenwood next, Skyrim and Valenwood were what I was hoping for. Maybe I can get to wishes in a row? Or maybe I'm just a Greybeard?
Valenwood sounds Very Elvish :D
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 am

I can't speak for everyone here, but I would certainly like to see Elder Scrolls "go on and on." As long as their creativity and passion for making games remains intact, I will never tire of new adventures of high fantasy in the world of TES.
Dale Johnson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 am

I don't think locations are a problem to this series. It's all made up after all, so they can just do whatever they need to do. Morrowind was criticised (and rightly so) for being too brown. So they made Oblivion which is almost entirely green and blue instead. This one will be mostly (white? or whatever), and the next one will be mostly... I don't know... desert based?

Personally the thing that bugs me the most is that their worlds are so one dimensional. I love variety in RPG's. I want to go to a swamp with thick fog and mist that makes it hard to see, and it's filled with venomous frogs and water moccasins and whatnot. Then you work your way to the other side, and the mist clears, and you're in a forest, filled with dangerous apes and wolves. Then you travel through the forest, and it eventually opens in to a nice open plain, and then you travel across that and it becomes a desert. Then you find an oasis, and you pick up some quests that send you to a nearby mountain. You travel up the mountain and it's thick snow up there. Then you find a cave that goes deep within the mountain and it's all dark and lit only by lava. Etc... To me this is what RPG's should be all about, and it bugs me that Bethesda seems to defiantly give the middle finger to this idea in each of their games. I would appreciate their self confidence if their idea was superior, but it just isn't.

As for the future of this series, I think it depends far more on gameplay. I personally think they haven't pushed themselves enough. Morrowind was actually pretty damn good, but some things really held it back. Oblivion improved a few of those things, but made some giant backward steps at the same time, and failed to improve some of the long standing issues I have with this series too. I really have no idea where this next game will go.... and don't really care to predict. But what I feel happy to predict is that if they fail to genuinely push the boat out sooner rather than later, they run the risk of getting left in the dirt by some broader minded competition. They've already allowed the Gothic series to thrive, despite it's own gargantuan incompetence, and now the newcomer Two Worlds has become a series too. Makes me wonder how long Bethesda can continue with their stiff upper lip before someone bloodies it.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:02 am

Personally the thing that bugs me the most is that their worlds are so one dimensional. I love variety in RPG's. I want to go to a swamp with thick fog and mist that makes it hard to see, and it's filled with venomous frogs and water moccasins and whatnot. Then you work your way to the other side, and the mist clears, and you're in a forest, filled with dangerous apes and wolves. Then you travel through the forest, and it eventually opens in to a nice open plain, and then you travel across that and it becomes a desert. Then you find an oasis, and you pick up some quests that send you to a nearby mountain. You travel up the mountain and it's thick snow up there. Then you find a cave that goes deep within the mountain and it's all dark and lit only by lava. Etc... To me this is what RPG's should be all about, and it bugs me that Bethesda seems to defiantly give the middle finger to this idea in each of their games. I would appreciate their self confidence if their idea was superior, but it just isn't.
Now this is what im Talking About

I Loved Oblivion in every way, but the only reason it got slightly Boring, was the fact that the World was Too Big with Allot of open spaces, Could Skyrim feel Closer to each place and will it throw a Concern that the Game felt Short.

Thats why i thought of, if we go to Skyrim and then we go to Another Land with the Same Map Size like The Black Marsh, we could have a DLC for the Next Land and Shorten the TES Franchise for Future Games.

The Shiviring Ilses and the Knights of the Nine feel Fan Made "for example" just look at that Tiny DLC Castle for the Fighter Hero that Bethesda gave us as if a Fan from around here did it.

What im trying to say is, instead of making some Random DLC "in witch its Awsome" Focus on a DLC for the Next Land.
Luna Lovegood

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 am

I Hated Morrowind, because there were No Acting Dialogue with a Bagillion Text and even the Graphics looked Stale

Shame on you!

But I'm hoping the Elder Scrolls series never, ever, ever ends, the same as a lot of others on these forums, probably. :P Maybe next we'll go to the Summerset Isles, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Elsweyr. That'd be fantastic!
Dale Johnson

Next

Return to V - Skyrim