Would a fallout movie be a good idea?

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Don't think so I'm afraid.....

The days of Mad Max are gone.
Waterworld, The Postman, etc. were complete flops, it might be a good idea on the back of the new T4 franchise though!!!
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:52 pm

A Fallout movie is simply asking for disaster.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

God no!!! :slap:

Look what happened with Hitman. An overly hyped film that ended up as a complete disaster. Never make a movie out of a game, they just don't mix together.
mishionary

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:37 am

Movies and games don't mix well;

When they turn movies into games they svck
When you turn game into movies they svck
kristy dunn

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:26 am

I was just thinking about a fallout movie the other day! I was then thinking about making a fan made Vault Tec Commercial for fun. Then i thought about making a fallout comic. After that, i was thinking about making a novel based off of fallout. Finaly, I decided to do none at the moment and just play fallout 3.
Dan Wright

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Fallout would be better set as a mini series possibly on scifi or sho.

a movie would be to cut and dry at least in a mini series it can be spanned over a greater time period and encompass more of the fallout bible with out loss. a good what if intro in the 50s with a reason for china being in conflict with the US then a jump to the next century working up to creation of the brotherhood and enclave and the alaskan war and anex of canada.

even as a tv series it would fare better, could even draw a following for the next fallout installment.
look at resident evil the did great in both game and movie worlds.
Enny Labinjo

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:29 am

I think if it had a great director.*Cough Guillmero del toro uncough* It could be a success.
Nadia Nad

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:42 am

Thing about videogame movies.. there's too much to put into a movie. Try to put everything fail, go off track, fail..
Chad Holloway

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:33 pm

It's possibly going to happen. Woot and scared it might svck!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1313237/
james tait

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:41 am

Don't think so I'm afraid.....

The days of Mad Max are gone.
Waterworld, The Postman, etc. were complete flops, it might be a good idea on the back of the new T4 franchise though!!!

It wasnt the Post apololyptia that made it a flop... They were just bad movies.
loste juliana

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Movies and games don't mix well;

When they turn movies into games they svck
When you turn game into movies they svck

This is BS : ).

Games and movies would mix very well, if good directors started to make those movies.

Do you think Dark Knight is a bad movie? It is and incredible movie.
And the movie that started the "good era" of comic-based movies was X-Men 1 by Brian Singer.Most comicbook movies prior to that were disasters.

And it is the same with game-based movies. So far, the only movie that had pretty good director was Silent Hill, and it showed - that movie was quite good and true to the game.And Gans is not even that good.

Video-game movies simply need someone of Brian Singer's calibre to show the way to the rest and to make money.I doubt that Newell (Prince of Persia) or Verbinski (Bioshock) are going to be those directors, but you never know.

But hell, if someone like Chris Nolan or James Cameron played and loved Fallout 1 and decided to adapt it into a movie or (even better) an HBO miniseries, I WOULD BET that the result would be spectacularly amazing.

Unfortunately all we got so far were idiots like Xavier Gens (destroyer of my beloved Hitman), Uwe Boll (destroyer of worlds,) Steven Souza (Street Fighter)...etc..

Anyway, yeah, I would LOVE to see Fallout 1 made into a miniseries, with someone like Russel Crowe starring Vault Dweller.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 am

Here you go, the complete script of a Hollywood fallout movie:

[list]
[*]Mostly shot in empty desert and junkyards
[*]Filmed in the new hand-held camera style for a first-person-shooter feel
[*]Main hero as the good-looking silent everyman
[*]Mohoa...

I'm certain any literate person would key-in on the massive possibilities for a pre-war FO movie.

You could take the series into any genre, and if done properly it could easily be brought into the ranks of movies likes the Lord of the Rings.
Anthony Diaz

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:59 am

It might work, but it would be very hard to capture the ruined "world of tomorrow" alternate future vibe of the game; people not familiar with the game would probably just see it as another Mad Max clone ... it could work, but my feeling is that it would be probably be done poorly and end up damaging the franchise more than it would help.

There is one undeniable truth: Movies based on video games svck.
Jamie Moysey

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 pm

A movie set in the Fallout universe would be very cool, but it shouldn't follow the storyline of one of the games.
Queen Bitch

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:41 pm

i just cant see it working i feel that they would just make a mess of it
barbara belmonte

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:48 pm

• Filmed in the new hand-held camera style for a first-person-shooter feel

The hand-held camera style is not new. Remember Blair Witch. If I'm not mistaken that was the first movie that used that style, and I think it came out in the 90's or early 2000.
Lizs

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 am

What would It even be about? The Vault-Dweller, The Chosen One.

I don't want to see another franchise I like be butchered on Screen. (Looking at you Resident Evil Movies)
quinnnn

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah I think that a Fallout movie would be a BAD choice in a director/producers life. It would be to open and the story would end up terrible. Not even Tarantino could pull it off :sad:
Fluffer

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:15 am

I'm not sure about this, but voted "yes".
Done by the right people, yes, I'm sure it could be entertaining.

But I'm pretty sure that whoever would do it seriously would f**k it up lorewise.
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:09 am

Y'Know, half of the people in this thread didn't even bother to read the first [censored] post.

He's talking abaout a movie set BEFORE the [censored] bombs dropped.

Stop being so damn lazy, read the first post, better yet, read the whole damn thread, and THEN reply.

I for one, think it would be a great movie, if done by the right director (Preferably a "true" Fallout fan, because then he could capture more of a real feel) it could be a hit.
JERMAINE VIDAURRI

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 am

I think if it had a great director.*Cough Guillmero del toro uncough* It could be a success.

Got an example of his work?

It's possibly going to happen. Woot and scared it might svck!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1313237/

OH GOD NO!
Alisia Lisha

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion