Your most satisfying moment in gaming?

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:31 pm

If you had to pick just one unique gaming moment when you felt the most rewarded/satisfied/relieved which one would that be? Please take your time and think about it which one is the greatest, I'm sure we could all provide entire lists of "best of" moments, I dare you to pick just one, top of the top :tops:

For me is when I first killed a shadowbeast in Gothic. That involved a mix of strength, luck and exploiting the game's pathfinding. Those things were super terrible in the early levels and just hearing their snoring I felt like running in the opposite direction.

Leanne Molloy

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Basically an impossible task here. I struggle between the first and second time playing Deus Ex and when I first discovered Oblivion. VtM:B is up there too, but ultimately I′d have to go with Oblivion.

No other game has caused me to play so much that I didn′t even want to take time to brush my teeth properly anymore. I did it hastily and then got back to playing again. It even got to the point where my dentist saw the decay and complained about it, and I′ve always had good teeth :P It′s much better again now but that′s my reason for choosing the time I first played Oblivion as my top of the top moment.

:tes:

Alexis Estrada

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:51 pm

Entirety of Morrowind, from the first Fargoth moment I was in for something great. Everything I did, it felt like my own decision which is a rare thing in video games.

If I had to pick one, I would pick Hitman.

https://youtu.be/bPel5cjD6Z4?t=439

After like 5th attempt, he actually ragdolled out of the window after dying. I and my friend cheered like crazy when it wasn't apparent if he was gonna fall or not. All that is completely missing from the above footage, I am glad it is a unique moment for me..

PS. I should also note, Hitman was one of the early(afaik first) game with advanced ragdoll physics. Every ragdoll moment was gaming euphoria.

Dragonz Dancer

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Flight Simulator X: when I first successfully landed a 737-800 on manual approach.

Louise Andrew

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:34 am

My answer is Morrowind too. That game literally changed my life. I recently wrote about it in the Oblivion General forum, so I won't repeat everything here. But I will just say that many aspects of my life, from mental health to where I live today, were affected by my encounter with Morrowind. The impact that game has had on my life cannot be overstated.

In particular, modding has had an enormous affect on me. I consider modding to be a part of gaming. I cannot separate modding a game from playing a game any longer. For me, modding is a form of playing and playing is a form of modding. So If I had to pick one moment it would be the moment when I first realized that I could change a video game through modding. It happened when a modder named EntWentMoot released a Witchking Sword for Morrowind back in 2002.

I thought the sword did too much damage. After some trepidation, I opened the sword up in the Construction Set and changed its stats. I was hooked on modding immediately. I started changing one thing, then another thing, then another thing. I couldn't stop. I was possessed. Within a month I had completely borked my entire game two or three times over, but I loved it! I will never forget that first heady, intoxicating feeling of creative possibility that suddenly opened up for me by simply changing a few stats on a sword. It is the most memorable gaming moment of my life.

Matt Bigelow

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 pm

+1 Morrowind. First contact with Seyda Neen was breathtaking: from the amazingly detailed water when I step on the deck of the boat, to the sight of the majestic and bizarre silt strider and its howling. The first sight of that weird bunch of goofy people asking me questions, and then the discovery that I can basically pick up almost any object I want. That was truly overwhelming and my most satisfying gaming memory.

Kevan Olson

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:59 am

If talking about general experiences, this. Discovering Morrowind was pretty much the best thing that happened to me, gaming wise.

candice keenan

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Skyrim, for me, because it was my first TES. Before that it was when I finally got that 120th star in Super Mario 64. :lol:

Katharine Newton

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:05 pm

When I killed Gannon in the original 8bit Zelda game. I was jumping up and down like an idiot.
Valerie Marie

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:21 pm

+1. Is that what actual pilots feel? Because it feels like the most dangerous thing in the world and I feel like it shouldn't even work! I mean it looks just like that from outside anyway but from the inside as the pilot, 100x more.

Pat RiMsey

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:19 am

Oh, come on, this isn't a fair question. :P

Out of all the moments of gaming, I'm going to have to say that the most satisfying happened back in January of this year. It's when I beat Daggerfall, but it wasn't just because I beat Daggerfall. It was because that was the last main TES installment I had left to beat, and when I finally touched the Mantella in Aetherius, it finally hit me that I had beaten all of them. Skyrim was the first in the series that I played, back in 2013 on a friend's Xbox 360. I got it for myself on Steam not too long after. Then I played Oblivion, Morrowind, Arena, and then Daggerfall (would've played Daggerfall before Arena since I was going chronologically backwards, but I found the way to get Arena working first). You can probably tell by now that The Elder Scrolls is my favorite series, which was cemented around the time I started really getting into Morrowind. I love every title that I played, no matter each game's flaws. What a journey!

It will be even more satisfying when I beat Redguard (currently in progress) and Battlespire. I do plan to really delve into Online (which I finally started a couple weeks ago) but the amount of content in it is somewhat overwhelming, especially considering that I have some other games that I want to finish when I have the free time to play them. So Online might take a while to do.

x_JeNnY_x

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:27 am

It is hard to decide between the cool Morrowind, killing a raid boss with only 2 people or finishing a good emotional quest, that really fit my feelings and made me feel better.

But between all of that I would say Dark Brotherhood sactuary in ESO, all the NPCs there, including background music - and the whole Anvil surrounding area, where I remember I was walking in Oblivion, and I remember I was saying to myself: it could be so good game for me, if they would just made it a bit more gothic like, a bit more about conflict of a fanatical church and some group of murderers. And then when I was there I was standing there like hours I couldn't have enough of that. I just wish those devs, who did that, could be really rewarded, because for me it is a masterpiece.

The more wierd it was after the news, that they decided to ruin the game by introducing heavy cash grab boxes, it is like up and down. the best moments followed by reality ...

Ronald

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Defeating Ghaleon in Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete with a badly wounded party.

Kerri Lee

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:21 pm

I was playing Battlefield 3 on Conquest mode and I was capturing a base when an enemy came to contest. I was sitting in a small mobile 2 story building on the second floor. I saw him coming into my building from the window I was sniping from so I jumped out a side window and drew my pistol. He went upstairs where I was and came back down. When he turned out of the stairwell his back was to me so I lit him up. Then I hear a tank coming so I ran in and jumped out of a back window just as he fired a shell and destroyed it. There was a small Hill that circled the building from behind so I used it as cover and flanked him. I threw a few frags under him and had him randomly firing into bushes trying to find me. I never lol'd so hard.
Francesca

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:03 am

Way back when finally beating Super Castlevania IV. It was literally a span of years before I did that. First I got stuck dying repeatedly on the Clockwork Tower level, so I put it down for like a year. Then it was the Castle Entrance Hall level and it's infuriating bosses "The Dancing Spectres"; walked away for another year or so. Lastly it was the infernal tower with the crazy wheel thing that rose up to crush you all the while climbing stairs that fell away as soon as you touched them and the gauntlet of über powerful freaks leading up to Dracula himself; a giant skeleton bird thing with a trident and a bat creature. Put the game down again. When I picked it up again and finally beat that particular level, I moved up to Dracula's tower expecting to finally face the vampire himself, but nooooo, frickin Grim Reaper appears and pawns me like a gnoob over and over again a few times before I finally get the upper hand and spank Death's bony ass! Now comes Drac with his little teleporting thing, shooting fireballs and whatnot, and after dying a few times I finally kill the bloodsvcking fiend! A multi-year crusade against darkness finally over! Man I remember feeling good that day!
BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:07 am

I never played Super Castlevania IV, but I have played some of the original Castlevania and Castlevania II. The difficulty of those two is complete, Grade A [censored]. So immensely frustrating.

Eduardo Rosas

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Probably the first dungeon I designed and refereed way back in 1979.

Looking back on it now it was abysmally designed and I was probably pretty hopeless as a referee too but my group of new to roleplaying friends loved it and I loved running it.

Shirley BEltran

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:01 pm

There was this really cool pormo game I played. Man was that satisfying... No! Wait!

It was the first time I got a character to max level in an MMO. Wizard101 was the game and the year was 2009. I had been playing MMOs since 2001 (EverQuest, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes) and had never gotten any character near to the top level. After that Wizard101 character broken that barrier, I got maxed out characters in WoW and CoH. Almost like a dam broke :)

DeeD

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:34 pm

I think you would like Super Castlevania IV. I remember playing the two you mentioned as a younger child than when I got SCIV and yeah they are hard. I think SCIV has a good balance of difficulty and fun. The soundtrack is awesome, the level designs equally so, and damn it, there is just something nice about a good ol' fashioned side scroller! I credit this game for my interest in horror related themes and stories.
Latino HeaT

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:13 am

For years I thought that noise was some kind of atmospheric wolf howl noise. It was only after I met the strider in Skyrim and thought "hey, they have the Morrowind wolf noise here" that I realised that it was the cry of the giant pack flea.

Naomi Lastname

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:14 pm

satisfying? well, its not my favorite moment or most memorable, but I would call it satisfying because it reduced the amount of harassment people had been getting..

back when I played Star Wars Galaxies (which was an amazing game.. unlike ToR) I was an officer in one of my servers largest Guilds.. at the time, my Server had three major Guilds that essentially held a lot of power within the servers community, one who were loyal to the Rebellion, one who was neutral, and one who swore allegiance to the Galactic Empire (which was the one I was part of)..

I logged on one day to collect my earnings for my Traders Droid and Starship Shop i had opened and just talk to my buddys while i crafted, and I noticed the Guilds Traders and Entertainers (the games non-combat classes) were upset about something.. apparently, one of the servers largest Rebelion guilds members, a pretty skilled and respected Commando as far as the PvP community was concerned, had been going around harassing any non-combat or low level characters who were neutral or part of the empire..

at first, i tried to be diplomatic, I contacted an Officer of the Rebel Guild he was in (a guy i knew pretty well, we often traded crafting resources) to just let him know it was giving their guild a bad name.. he essentially said "[censored], if there was something wrong they probably started it!"..

since Diplomacy had broken down, and for a few weeks this guy kept harassing people, I decided to fix the issue through other methods.. I called a meeting with the rest of my Guilds officers and our current leader (for an Imperial Guild we were surprisingly diplomatic.. we elected a new guild leader every 2 months) and set a plan in motion..

we knew every other Saturday they all met in their "Capital" (one of their largest player cities.. they had a few), would drive to Mos Espa Starport and then go to the space PvP area for the evening, so we built our plan around that..

I had contacted the leaders and officers of most other notable Empire and Neutral Guilds, and they agreed to help us because the guy had been harassing their members to..

to start, I began a quick search of their city.. making note of all the player houses that didn't have locked doors..

then came the day of the "Operation".. first, we gathered all the most skilled in ground PvP players we had available (cherry picked from a total of 4 different Imperial Guilds) and had them hide inside the unlocked houses in the targets Capital and dubbed them "team 1".. as soon as the enemy all arrived in their city, they poured out upon the unsuspecting like a plague of locusts..

they tried to fight us off at first, but then went screw it and just ran for the Espa starport.. sadly, when they arrived at the space PvP zone as they had originally intended, "team 2" was waiting for them.. 4 Imperial Guilds worth of Tie Advanceds, Aggressors, Interceptors, and Oppressors.. along with 2 Guilds worth of Freelance YT-1300s, Rihkxyrk, Ixiyen, and Kihraxz providing reinforcement.. all ships were built and supplied by me personally at my own expense, and heavily armed with the best tech I could craft for each pilots pilot level (drained my bank, but I was able to make it back from my droid and ship shop after a few months)

needless to say, we slaughtered their fleet and the amount they likely had to spend on repairs would have been quite high..

the same officer in that guild I had tried to contact before sent me a PM heavily laced in profanity wanting to know what was going on..

I had told him that we tried to tell him that their member had been harassing people, and that this alliance the sight of which our server had never seen was brought together because of that.. I then sent him a message just saying "see, being harassed all the time isn't very fun is it?" and called off the fleet..

next time I saw the guy who had been harassing everyone, he was guildless in Coronet begging people to let him join their guild.. after that day, every guild on that server began to take player harassment by their members much more seriously..

Mario Alcantar

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:12 am

I think it would likely be playing my first video game at a bowling alley in the late 79 or was it 1980. There were a few games there. I think the first game was Asteroids or Space Invaders. Before that it was pinball machines.

Maria Leon

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Beating Hard Reset: Redux on insanity. Made less satisfying by the fact Redux difficulty was nerfed.

Roberta Obrien

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:06 pm

Teabagging in Halo. Especially in Halo 3 where the body's rag doll effect reacted to it. My jaws dropped in all of the glory I witnessed from it, and from that moment on I knew....this was as immersive as it gets. Nothing will ever be the same. Praise our lord and savior, CD Projekt RED (CDPR).

But in all seriousness it was probably completing the final Vidmaster Challenge in Halo 3/ODST to unlock the famous Recon armor. That final Vidmaster Challenge being the Endure one where you had to survive 60 waves of enemies in Firefight without stopping. I did it with my brother and some friends, and I tell you, nothing will ever create a stronger bond between brothers than slaughtering Covie bastards in warthogs and choppers for hours on end in the name of survival. And you bet your ass I wore that Recon armor.

Sherry Speakman

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Man i have countless memories of satisfying moments in games i just cant remember them all ill try anyway.

In Dragons dogma finally after a few tries I finally beat grigori the boss dragon he was gigantic and a total [censored] to defeat but when I did it barely alive and out of curatives it felt great! The same can be said for the dark arisen dlc the last boss was brutal so was that entire experiance.
Nitol Ahmed

Next

Return to Othor Games