After FO4 releases I hope Bethesda let's Obsidian make one

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Fallout New Vegas was everything I had hoped in a Fallout game - it had roleplaying choices out the kazoo in every quest; multiple ways to solve (some quests had 8+ ways of solving/branching endings); factions that mattered; tons and tons of deep sidequests/main quests that intertwined and the dialogue was excellent.

FO3 had a nice atmosphere for exploration and survival play but that is about all....... in my opinion only. It had flat NPCs, minimal dialogue, no real factions w/quests, few side quests, low lore re: Fallout universe etc.

I hope Obsidian is given the chance to make a companion game like FO3/FONV ........

Solina971

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:35 pm

So, you're hope is to wait out for a companion game, under the assumption that other people do it better.

Susan

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Well, Obsidian did do it better the last time, so that's a fair assumption

lolly13

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 am

I actually argue this. Sure FNV had more quests, but was so very very boring to explore. The DC Wasteland was so much more fun to poke around and explore and investigate things.

Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:47 am

New Vegas did well, I don't see a reason for them not to.

Sabrina Steige

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:24 am

One can always hope.

And if they do get a chance, I do hope they don't just copy, patch and reiterate Fallout 4, but create a (preferably different) game that stands firmly on its own feet without relying on Bethesda's leftovers. A lot of New Vegas' potential was hampered due to the Bethesdian design model not really bending enough for what the game wanted to do; or, so it very heavily felt.
sharon

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:18 am

Not just more quests, but better ones. A lot of stuff in 3 made little sense, was against lore, or just in it because 'awesome'. MZ, as an example. A Linear corridor shooter with aliens. I agree that NV wasn't so good to explore, but everything else was imo, better.

Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:27 pm

I concur with this to the fullest. It's the main reason why I can never bring myself to finish New Vegas. Along with the annoying mountains and invisible walls keeping your exploration more 'on rails' than freedom to explore.

Jade

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:25 am

I simply enoyed FO3 better, because of the "because awesome" rule. I'm not a Lore monkey, I play these games for fun. I don't get gray hairs when something contradicts lore, like Aliens or whatever.

New Vegas good, but very meh to slog through....There's a hill...There's a factory...there's a substation...Here's the one route I can take without dying a horrible death...

Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 am

I don't. The world itself of New Vegas to me was very plain and boring. Some of it was unique like the vault that was covered in the mutant plants but I got bored really quickly of the desert. DC was really fun for me to explore. I'm glad that 4 is on the East coast and will be more urban because to me there's pretty much nothing interesting about the west coast setting

Not to mention that even though people love to praise the story and factions of NV neither managed to impress me. The only part of the story that I cared even a little bit about was getting petty revenge on Benny and once that was over I really didn't care about the robot chip or the struggle for power or any of that stuff.

As far as factions go the only ones I liked were the Boomers and House. The Boomers because the idea of a faction in control of Howitzers is just funny to me and House because he managed to single handedly keep Vegas from being bombed.
Laura Samson

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:03 am

Going to say I doubt that that will happen. I feel like if they give obsidian a project it's to be fast to tide their customers over for the next major release. I personally don't care if they reuse assets but it'd be nice if they had a good amount of time for their project. I know a lot of people love new vegas, but it was far from perfect.

Life long Observer

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:14 am

I really do hope that Obsidian does make a new fallout game after fallout 4. New Vegas had a much better story, and much better companions. The companions in New Vegas even had little side quests of their own. they all had their own back story and even had their own morals on the things you did. Fallout New Vegas even in my opinion had a better game world. Sure it was a desert. but surprisingly enough the desert wastes of the Mojave had more life to it than the DC wasteland.

Ross Zombie

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:39 am

really? this topic HAD To get started again?

Damian Parsons

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:46 pm

I would really enjoy that. I don't see Bethesda allowing that to happen but I would be really excited if it did happen. That would make me so happy... :wub:

Myles

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:28 pm

If I was Bethesda I wouldn't farm out another one. Too many calls for another Obsidian offering take the tone of "now that Bethesda is getting their piece of crap out of the way, can we have Obsidian make a real one?"

Still, I would be pleased to see another. I love Bethesda style open world first person games.

Mariaa EM.

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:28 am

Same I preferred NV to FO3. I understand some people like to just for out and explore. Personally I don't much joy out of going to a random location and killing a bunch of enemies just because.

CxvIII

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:43 pm

One can hope.

Joie Perez

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:34 pm

New Vegas does have its fair share of interesting quests like Beyond The Beef and Bleed Me Dry along with some interesting companion quests like Arcade's and Boone's questline. Though no New Vegas quest I have encountered so far has been more memorable than Fallout 3 quests like Tranquility Lane, Tenpenny Tower or blowing up Megaton and ghoulifying Moira Brown!

Nuno Castro

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:07 am

I'm not a fan of New Vegas but I suppose I would buy it if Obsidian made another one.

Unless they set the game in the desert again. I would not buy the game if it was set in a desert environment.

Lucky Boy

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:02 am

Oh, I'm not holding my breath for it.

Just thinking that since they strive and excell at different things and since their fans appreciate different things (than Bethesda's general output), they should - if given the chance - make a different game that plays better to their strengths than forcibly aping this other company.
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:00 am

I agree. Exploring DC just felt so real. Every building placed in a way that was totally believable, and there were always new places and cool things to find.

louise fortin

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:36 am

I treat new vegas as a sequel to Fallout 3, or at least a sidequel... sequels tend to top the original, no matter how you slice it... I bet Fallout 4 will top even New Vegas. Fallout 4 is already taking some of the things New Vegas did, like weapon mods, but making them immensely better. Not everyone is thrilled with the direction Fallout 4 is going, but to actually hope that Obsidian gets contracted to make a "true" sequel.... If anything, they would just make a sequel to New Vegas, or Fallout 4 in the same vein as Bethesda's Fallout games.. To believe that New Vegas was so different from Fallout 3 that it is in a class of it's own is kind of delusional. It was a better game in areas, that Fallout 3 lacked... but so will Fallout 4 be better in areas that New Vegas lacked.

^_^

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:58 pm

I'm I the only person who got no joy out of destroying Megaton?

Jade MacSpade

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm

I felt the same way that Brian Delaney did about blowing up Megaton, I actually reloaded to before I detonated the nuke... because I didn't like the outcome. Kind of why I chose the avatar I have now, which is the achievement for that quest.... it was like a turning point for my character.

Nathan Risch

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:25 pm

I normally don't blow up Megaton anymore, even though Moira gets annoying and Dream Crusher just doesn't seem fitting. Though it was just cool seeing Bethesda go there. With an actual aftermath and permanent consequences of you being a jerk if you chose to go that route instead of just blowing up Megaton and seeing no real aftermath like in Skyrim where guards still refer to you as a 'milk drinker' despite you becoming leader of The Companions.

Jon O

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion