Any news about the voice cast yet..?

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:42 am

The grating voices of the Morrowind Dunmer wouldn't work for a fully voiced game - it would get too irritating to listen to; it would sound to contrived and drawn out.

I am all for a return to the more rasping Dunmer voices. Just not to Morrowind's extent.
Stace

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:35 am

I heard someone mention Christopher Lee but my bet is on Max von Sydow.
NeverStopThe

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:58 pm

They shouldn't use a lot of money on big stars. They should instead use money on quality voice actors that aren't real famous. The big stars just cost too much money.
LADONA

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:14 am

I'd be happy if they just brought back Wes Johnson
brian adkins

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:08 am

I'd rather them focus less on getting a superstar voice cast and more on providing more variation between the NPC's voices.

Having one voice per race again would be a bit disappointing.

This but I would like to have past voice actors to put their talent in as well just get rid of the Oblivion khajiit and Argonian race voices and replace with the morrowind ones.
leigh stewart

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 am

They shouldn't use a lot of money on big stars. They should instead use money on quality voice actors that aren't real famous. The big stars just cost too much money.

Well NV had some stars in it and it still squeezed 69 voice actors out of the budget. I think Bethesda has learnt from Oblivion.

Although I was apprehensive when I heard von Sydow in the teaser I must admit.
Josh Lozier

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 am

does anybody know whose voice is on the debut trailer?
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:15 pm

I pretty much loved all of Morrowind's actors - there's a few that I'd gladly swap with Oblivion's, though. For instance, I think that the male elf voice in Oblivion should be kept for the Bosmer as it embodies their eccentric, annoying personality very nicely.
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 pm

does anybody know whose voice is on the debut trailer?

i know now...hes pretty awesomely distinguished
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:38 am

If Brian Blessed isn't in this game then they'll not be getting my vote for game of the year...

They should get him in as a minor character, just as an Easter egg.

Something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1zjeYhJs7o :P
Charlotte X

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:57 am

I'd be happy if they just brought back Wes Johnson

Couldn't agree more. :-)
Chica Cheve

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:20 pm

I hope they'd bring back Felicia Day for this game
but sadly that sounds unlikely :(
I can only dream
Amy Gibson

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:31 am

Oblivion's lack of voice actors is almost certainly not going to be a problem in Skyrim. Not only has it already been talked to death, but Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas both improved greatly in the area of voice acting. Additionally, Bethesda has a bigger staff and a bigger budget than ever before. I don't think they're going to screw up on this one.
Brad Johnson

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:15 pm

It could only be him (Max Von Sydow's voice is about as distinctive as James Earl Jones).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oo5QIwNU3U

(but its still just my guess)
Jerry Cox

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 am

All I have to say about voice acting is "more raspy dark elf, less emo dark elf." yes, I'm talking about Varon Vamori.
Etta Hargrave

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:29 am

I heard someone mention Christopher Lee but my bet is on Max von Sydow.

Since when does christopher Lee speak english with a swedish accent?
IT IS Max von Sydow. My guess is that he is only part of this teaser and not the full game.
(Would be awesome if Im wrong but I dont think he is a character in the game)
Stay-C

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 am

Is there any official source that infact Max Von Sydow is doing the voice for the teaser, or is it just an internet rumor?

Max Von Sydow is swedish. Vikings were swedish (also danish and norwegian). The Elder Scrolls 5 : Skyrim seems to be based on a nordic view wich contains vikings and a mixture och nordic languages.

You do the math folks, what do you think?
Danny Blight

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:15 pm

I'd rather them focus less on getting a superstar voice cast and more on providing more variation between the NPC's voices.

Having one voice per race again would be a bit disappointing.
I agree. I hated the fact that they used Captain Picard for the emperor. It made me think of Star Trek and not elder scrolls. :down:
christelle047

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Im hoping they have Vladimir Kulich :celebration:
Jay Baby

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:21 am

While we're speculating about Scandinavian actors who could fit Skyrim like a glove, a couple spring to mind that no-one's mentioned yet: Stellan Skarsg?rd and Liv Ullmann are both accomplished and highly-respected actors who'd be perfect for any Nordic part..

Come to that, there are many German actors who I can see fitting right in: Jürgen Prochnow would make a perfect Nord, as would Bruno Ganz..

If the developers are thinking seriously about casting seriously authentic voices like Max Von Sydow, they could do a lot worse than to call these guys..!
Amy Melissa

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:30 pm

How about Magnus von Magnusson.

They could everything (build, looks, voice) in one package with him! :lifter:
Lilit Ager

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:20 pm

I have played Oblivion extensively, but have never found a male Dark Elf with the same voice actor as in Morrowind (which was my favorite). Also, all of the Dark Elf females do not need to sound like cross, 70-year old grandmothers. Please.
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:34 pm

I don't care what any of you say, Liam Neeson was the best part of Fallout 3. But I have an unhealthy obsession with Liam Neeson and I'd like him no matter where he was.

One or two big name voice actors aren't that bad. As long as there is variety for the average NPC's, I'm happy. Keep in mind that budget may not be that much of a concern to Bethesda, what with how much money they earned from their games. While paying money to hire voice actors is a definite expense, I don't think that you'd need to cut back on hiring them just to save money for other parts of the process. It's not like you can improve the visual quality of the game by throwing money at it. That all depends on the ability of your developers, who are on their usual payroll. How much would you even need to pay a celebrity to speak a few lines of dialog on one afternoon when they aren't busy? Seems like the lesser voice actors would probably cost just as much to keep coming back for session after session to record hundreds and thousands of lines.
April

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I have played Oblivion extensively, but have never found a male Dark Elf with the same voice actor as in Morrowind (which was my favorite). Also, all of the Dark Elf females do not need to sound like cross, 70-year old grandmothers. Please.

This. I wish they bring back the voice of male Dark Elfs from Morrowind and Redguard. Not that lesser Wood Elf voice that reminds you of Fargoth.
I understand they did at first record Dunmer voices with Jeff Baker. His Dunmer voice can be heard in the hour or so long E3 presentation they did from Oblivion. I guess it was just too hard for the voice actor to record all the lines in that grumpy voice. Especially when he did a lot of (if not most) voices in Oblivion. Just hire more voices like that, just like the ghoul voices in Fallout 3 and New Vegas!

I must say it was pretty nostalgic to hear Jeff do the dunmer voice for the ghoul in Point Lookout Fallout 3 DLC. Brought tear into my eye and hope that the voice will be back in the next Elder Scrolls.
Horse gal smithe

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:15 pm

This but I would like to have past voice actors to put their talent in as well just get rid of the Oblivion khajiit and Argonian race voices and replace with the morrowind ones.

The male Argonian voice in Morrowind is the same as Oblivion (male and female Redguard, and female Dunmer, are also the same).
Nathan Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim