Any news about the voice cast yet..?

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:34 am

Hi there, one and all..!

Great news that TES V is finally on the way.. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about any other big names signed up for voice acting in Skyrim..?

I'm curious, because that's definitely Max Von Sydow doing the narration on the teaser clip, and they had a few class-acts for Oblivion as well (Patrick Stewart, Terence Stamp, Sean Bean, etc).. It would be wonderful if the voice acting in the new game is of a similar calibre..
Lucy

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:36 am

As long as Max von Sydow gets a big role in the game itself I will be happy.
Charles Weber

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:21 pm

I'd rather them focus less on getting a superstar voice cast and more on providing more variation between the NPC's voices.

Having one voice per race again would be a bit disappointing.
Lucky Girl

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:32 pm

I'd rather them focus less on getting a superstar voice cast and more on providing more variation between the NPC's voices.

Yup, that's a good point.. To be honest, I'd much prefer it if they hired a handful of top-notch actors to voice the central characters in the main quest, and just use text for all other factions or side-quests (as in Morrowind). The Elder Scrolls worlds have such vast populations that you'd have to hire literally hundreds of actors to provide realistic diversity throughout the whole game, and you have to draw the line somewhere.

I agree that Oblivion could have used a bit more variety, though..
Janine Rose

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 am

Hopefully little to no big "stars" who think their name gives them a "license" for subpar performances, and earn additional credit from such.
Celestine Stardust

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:49 am

less well known celebs might have more impact, i thought sean bean in oblivion was rubbish, but i then i think hes only a one dimensional actor anyway.
and patrick stewart is used far too much.

fallout 3 got it right. everyone seemed to have a different voice.

fallout new vegas got it entierly wrong. every other person in that was voiced by that dude who does all the jrpg and manga voice acting.
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Ditto what Craneskin said, although with juvenile demands I doubt that there will be dialogue without voice acting since reading seems to be out of the question in games these days.

I would like to see (hear) principal characters have complete dialogue, with minor chaxters saying only a welcome - like Neverwinter Nights.
Erin S

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Is there any official source that infact Max Von Sydow is doing the voice for the teaser, or is it just an internet rumor?
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:57 pm

We didn't really even have that in Oblivion. All the elves shared a single voice. I missed the Morrowind voices. :(
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi there, one and all..!

Great news that TES V is finally on the way.. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about any other big names signed up for voice acting in Skyrim..?

I'm curious, because that's definitely Max Von Sydow doing the narration on the teaser clip, and they had a few class-acts for Oblivion as well (Patrick Stewart, Terence Stamp, Sean Bean, etc).. It would be wonderful if the voice acting in the new game is of a similar calibre..

i got about three words in to the trailer and thought that's max how classic!
Jake Easom

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Is there any official source that infact Max Von Sydow is doing the voice for the teaser, or is it just an internet rumor?

It sounds suspiciously like him.
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:06 am

Maybe Christopher Lee for a villian?
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:04 am

I think it's just people who recognise the voice.
meg knight

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 am

This is a good insight, I agree that it sounds like him. I watch many movies just because Max is in them.

Nothing official I suppose, but listen to this interview and see what you think about the voice comparison. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ3Mt8i92_o

If it is him, it's good that they hired a Nord famous for a medieval style fantasy movie.
мistrєss

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:56 pm

i did the same i had gone to youtube to see if my first guess was fitting, i had also watched conan like 4 days ago.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Nothing official, but that has to be him. Awesome choice by Bethesda. I hope they have other great Scandinavian voice acting:

Dolph Lundgren
Anita Briem (Icelandic, but a great voice)
Barry Gjerde
Maria Bonnevie

That's all I can think of.
Killer McCracken

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 am

Just a lot of variety please, I can't remember any celebrity names for the life of me anyway!
Oh yeah, and if they have beggars they shouldn't suddenly change their voice when you ask for rumors xD
Oh and while I'm at it, I would like to see dialogues like this go and never return:
"Hello"
"Good day"
"I saw a mudcrab the other day"
"NO!"
"Have you heard any news from the other parts of Tamriel?"
"Goodbye"
"'Bye"
BlackaneseB

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:50 am

Max has a very unique voice - it may still be internet rumor, but my money is on Max doing that initial VO.

Very good choice!
Imy Davies

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 am

Just a lot of variety please, I can't remember any celebrity names for the life of me anyway!
Oh yeah, and if they have beggars they shouldn't suddenly change their voice when you ask for rumors xD
Oh and while I'm at it, I would like to see dialogues like this go and never return:
"Hello"
"Good day"
"I saw a mudcrab the other day"
"NO!"
"Have you heard any news from the other parts of Tamriel?"
"Goodbye"
"'Bye"

Whats worse is when both npc's in the coversation are voiced by the same actor. Happened quite a bit in Oblivion.

Anyways, I'm curious how actors charge. It must be cheaper to have a few actors voice tons of lines than a ton of actors voice a few lines each.
Abi Emily

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 am

As long as there's more than 8 for each gender/race combination I'm happy
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Voice acting in Oblivion was poor. They need varied voice acting, or none at all.

Here's a revolutionary concept - if they scrap voice acting, they could add so much more dialogue!
Nick Pryce

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:38 pm

If Brian Blessed isn't in this game then they'll not be getting my vote for game of the year...
Andrew Lang

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Don't care who does the voices, as long as there are lots of different voices and not the same 5 everywhere I go. And I don't mean the same actors putting on different voices.

Agree with th3undon3on3, no voices at all but lots of text dialogue would be good too.
James Hate

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Lets get Christopher Walken in this game, this game is gonna need some more cowbell! :lol:
phil walsh

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:07 am

Max von Sydow? Well, it would certainly fit the setting. I hope for many more varied voices this time around, dub direction in Oblivion was awful. In Morrowind you didn't hear too many talking voices at least.
If Brian Blessed isn't in this game then they'll not be getting my vote for game of the year...

NO game is GIGANTIC enough to FIT BRIAN BLESSED IN!
adame

Next

Return to V - Skyrim