If AutoMatron is our ideal $10 DLC I'm nervous....

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:18 am

That's the thing though. What's after Far Harbor. This season pass is suppose to have $60 of content yet all 3 first DLCs take up $40.

KU Fint

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 am

A low-priced DLC focuses on just one player demographic? Wow, who would have thought? And there I thought Beth would try to make a "Jack of All Trades, satisfying to none" there! Who would have thought!?

The Price Increase was ANNOUNCED at the same day as the DLC were announced. And that's without saying that a price increase was not even expected.

And if you read the announcements back then, you would have no reason to think that there are ANY quests in Automatron because robot Customization was the one and only thing announced for Automatron. The announcement that there would be quests and such came after the price increase.

MISS KEEP UR

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:24 pm

That's the whole point of this thread. Its about the future DLC after Far Harbor. Will it be more pointless custimaztion options to keep the minecraft kids happy or will we get some real content that isn't just 1 DLC.

Spencey!

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

You can build an infinite amount of robots, people will most certainly use them as companions. People use lifeless and personality-less companions ALL the time, hell for the last few months the skyrim nexus's hotfiles was most just companions who had no real interactions. Minecraft wasn't the first to make it as mainstream as it is today and even so that's still entirely irrelevant as a ton of other games use them and improved on the ideas or did their own way of doing it. Settlement building in Fallout makes a lot of sense seeing as not every region will be as developed as say the core regions. There are still interesting settlements like Diamond City where there is even a division in classes or goodneighbor which is an anarchic state with a mayor that really acts like a gang boss then you have the Institute which is both a settlement and a faction, then you have smaller settlements like the Slog which is made up entirely of ghoul farmers, the atom cats a power armor obsessed gang of misfits, the commune of the children of Atom in the middle of the glowing sea, Vault 81 a settlement of vault dwellers that refuse to leave their failing vault. Sure there are a small amount of settlements, sure not every settlement will be interesting but here in the thing in all of the Fallout games, yes all!, a good majority of the settlements really had nothing interesting going for them. People may remember interesting settlements like Shady Sands, the Hub, New Reno, Vault City, Rivet City or Megaton and then say "ALL THESE GAMES HAD INTERESTING SETTLEMENTS" but then they forget all the boring and bland settlements that made a majority of the games. Fallout 4 is no different.
Klaire

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm

This DLC costs $10. It was advertised as a small DLC that would add robot creation/customization. Far harbor costs $25 and is advertised as their most ambitious DLC idea yet. Comparing them makes no sense whatsoever.

Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:53 pm

At this point it's less logic and more fear mongering to just bash Bethesda, nothing new for any game company really. This song and dance goes on all the time.
Fam Mughal

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:29 pm

So what's the idea price of a medium size DLC?

Mark Churchman

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:02 pm

This DLC was worth my $10. I feel as though it has plenty of content for that price point.

Nuno Castro

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:02 am

Stating my opinion is bashing Bethesda. If I wanted to bash them I would be on the YouTube comment section. I do however want them to make some great DLC that'll make the game longer.

Pawel Platek

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Honestly, everything else other than robot customization in this DLC seems like a bonus to me, a real nice bonus from them. The DLc was selling robots, and nothing else basically. So I have no idea what people expected from this.

Imagine there was no Mechanist and the short questline and all we got was a robot workshop. Imagine the rage then. As for Far Harbour, I have no doubts its going to be a massive DLC.

N3T4

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 pm

I don't count factions and farms as settlements.

Besides for Diamond City, Goodneighboor, Vault 81, and Bunker Hill I don't really see any other settlement. All these have multiple quests with places to sleep and multiple vendors. What annoys me even more is the location. All in the middle making the north and south bare bones. Tons of interesting settlements are filled up with enemies. Quincy would of gave some depth down south. Fallout 3 and NV spaced out their settlements to give a reason to go to said location on map.

saxon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 pm

Dude, I've been coming on these forums for years, I know Bethesda bashing when I see it. You don't like something, that's fine, that's cool but going off the rails to make the same arguments of "BUT IT'S NOTHING BUT POST-APOC MINECRAFT" and other nonesense like you have been throughout this thread is common Bethesda bashing tactics. It makes people even question if you played the game or the dlc at all. As for making the game longer Automatron added hours of content, Automatron added in new enemies, Automatron added in a legit endless supply of robots you can make look however you want with almost no limitations. It definitely extend gameplay and the length of the game, again this is the part where I question if you even played the DLC or just read some half-assed steam review or metacritic score and made your entire opinion on that.
~Amy~

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:21 am

Exactly. They promised us the ability to create and customize robots. When they gave us more than that, everyone started complaining that it still wasn't enough. What are people expecting from a $10 that was advertised as being small and only offering the ability to make robots?

sharon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:08 pm

I have all the achievements including the new DLC besides for building 10 robot mods part. I'm going to get that done today when I make some caps to buy shipments. I wonder if even 1/10th of this forum did as much as I did.

Ray

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Well, there are also

Spoiler
Prydwen and the Institute

FoReVeR_Me_N

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:51 pm

Funny that people come to Bethesda's own forums just to talk trash about them. That's like going to someone's house and then proceeding to tell them how worthless they are.

If I was Bethesda, I wouldn't tolerate it, but thank goodness Bethesda is usually very forgiving and polite.

This is joke, no funny? I'll stop.
Jamie Moysey

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 am

But noooo those aren't settlements despite the fact they act entirely like settlements.
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:44 am

As I said I don't count factions but that's just up to opinion.

Kelli Wolfe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Although I'm not happy about the type of DLC compared to stuff like OWB and Dead Money, I was more than satisfied for what they advertised and delivered with Automatron.

Sure it's short, but if you got the season pass like they basically urged people to get, then it's essentially a free add-on. I dunno about you and most other people that planned on buying the DLC, but I got the season pass for around $25 on sale after they announced the price increase. That's the same price as Far Harbor. Everything else is basically free stuff at that point.

Now talking about moving forward in games like for Fallout 5? I would prefer they make DLC like OWB, Dead Money, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, the Pitt and Far Harbor instead of Wasteland Workshop and Automatron. That being said they already planned out the DLC so it's too little too late.

Oh please. Bethesda wants feedback for their games and DLC. IIRC they wanted to test out different price platforms for DLC this time around to see what fans wanted. This thread was created to show dissatisfaction for this particular type of DLC which is precisely what Bethesda wanted.

Suzie Dalziel

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:25 pm

How much content we get in DLC is irrelevant to the setting of the game.

aisha jamil

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:47 pm

So they're against free speech? I'm not breaking any rules. What it looks like is you can't handle any negative opinion about your favorite game.

If people want to question if I played the game let's see your achievements/trophies. Let's see if you have all of them like me.

Stryke Force

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Punishing someone for having an opinion no matter how unpopular it is is not going to go over well with fans. Rather than forgiving, I'd say it's more a case of being smart.

Feedback and complaints have been allowed for decades and without them the world would be even more Totalitarian. Please never run for government. :P

Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Fallout 4 is my favorite game?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

good one.

And really, who cares about stupid trophies?

If Bethesda was against free speech, I know alot of people who would be banned, even myself.
Lauren Dale

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Which is why I'd make a terrible game producer.

Joking aside, I still think it is just a little rude to have threads specifically against the owners of a forum.
Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:21 pm

I don't really care about Trophies but I made it my goal to get every one in Fallout 4. Trophies will say if someone did everything they could do in the game. If people want to say I didn't play the game I want to see their achievements/trophies.

Richus Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4