Beth.net Relaunching with New Forum Software!

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:34 am

I like this forum the most, just improve this one with new functions and I'm happy!
BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:16 am

Hi guys, while most of our attention will be directed to the official thread on the Bethesda.net forum, I wanted to post here so you knew we were paying attention to this discussion.

Daniel Holgate

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:29 am

thats a relief to hear Hungry :)

Gen Daley

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Same here.
Danny Blight

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Lol good to know. I guess my previous rant is now unfounded :P
Kyra

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:53 am

in an ideal world, I would hope some of the regulars we have lost since the whole .net fiasco would come back.. but I wouldn't really count on it unfortunately.. i really miss some of the regulars who have already left

Steve Smith

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:06 pm

DONNER MY BABY!!!

Well, while we're setting up the flag for our new country and proposing our declaration: Please, please, PLEASE. When those forum relaunch, change the way that they look. What they've currently got going is TERRIBLE on the eyes, especially if you're like me (and the majority of gamer4s who grew up staring at screens too much) and already have degraded vision. Too much white and grey, too much graphics clustered together, too much information attacking the brain.

Sammygirl

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:06 am

I'm extremely satisfied with the decision to relaunch the new forums using a different software. I also appreciate the fact that you will still be viewing these forums for feedback. I will edit this post at a later date to post some of my personal suggestions.
Chelsea Head

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm hoping they come back and see the news or are contacted.
Eric Hayes

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:20 am

If they actually give us what we want, with a software well suited for forums, I'll certainly come back more often. The current failed format is just plain terrible and leaves me with absolutely no desire to take part in it. Only reason I've posted the last day or so was due to the news of the change in direction, nothing more.

I had been visiting the Beth.net forums without logging in, but that was solely in slim hopes they would change direction and end the current charade masking as a forum. Now that they have decided to do so, I sincerely hope they keep the lines of communication open , and actually take our comments and advice on what we want seriously this time.

Add Me

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:56 am

Agreed.

Why reinvent the wheel.

The forum here is working and does its job. Maybe add a few improvements if needed. Add links to bethesda.net for the mods, news about games, trailers, etc

Emily Jeffs

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:12 pm

This is good news and I'm thankful they've come to their senses about the new forums. But as mentioned, I feel as if some damage has already been done to the community. Many had already jumped ship when they heard these forums were a dead forums walking. I too hope more of the regulars come back and just more activity happens in general. The new forums aren't exactly sprawling with either for reasons I can imagine.

Nevertheless, it's good to hear our input has been heard to this extent.

Assumptah George

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:59 pm

I wholeheartedly agree. A big fan who has knowledge on a matter that could help shape something like this, but doesn't want to, just the idea boggles my mind.

Bethesda does a lot of wrong moves, and so do all other companies, but with all the cockyness and simple need to take monwy from but not care at all about your fans, we have one that'll go as far as scrathing an already made forum and building one from the ground up because fans hated it, this move should earn them a lot of pats on the shoulder.
maria Dwyer

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:49 am

I think it would be a good idea to reopen the closed sub-forums here, that would help bring back some of those who have wandered elsewhere. Then once the better forums open we might be a thriving community again. Much as I'd prefer us to stay here, with what works well, I think Beth are itching to spend their cash on something shiny and new. At least they've come to their senses and realised they were flogging a dead horse with beth.net, and lucky us that they do still want official forums, unlike the poor Bioware crowd. Tt actually makes me feel hopeful for the future of Bethesda as a company that they can admit to making a big mistake and change track, it seemed like they were succumbing to hubris. I think it a mistake though on their part to give extra weight to views expressed at the other place, there are more people here and some of us simply can't post there anyway.

Having forums that are easy on the eye is most important to me - definitely no faint print on white anywhere, no tiny avatars that you're straining to see. Ideally very much like these visually only with extra functionality. We can do without like buttons etc.

(G-yen)

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:00 am

Agreed, but it's too damned bad that it took a huge chunk of the community leaving to get them to make this decision. :(

Hopefully some of them will come back if the new forum is halfway decent.

Chavala

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 pm

THIS. There is nothing wrong with IPB and keeping these forums running but moving them to the new domain would have required very minimal effort.

Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:43 pm

its pretty clear though (from their wording on the "other forums" iteration of this thread) that they aren't going to keep this forum because they want everything "integrated"..

maria Dwyer

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:30 am

I believe Arthmoor was suggesting that they migrate these forums over to Bethesda.net ("moving them to the new domain") instead of creating new ones. Thus, they would be integrated.

Kahli St Dennis

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:41 am

not in the sense they are using the term "integrated"..

they want everything on .net to be bound to a single account, which would be somewhat more difficult by migrating these accounts over.. likely they have a UPlay type thing planned, since they have abandoned Steam workshop (which they were clearly advocating for just before the paid mod fiasco) in the favor of their own platform

a quote by hungry in the other thread (page 2 of the other thread fyi):

Janette Segura

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:05 am

I've been visiting the Beth.net forums without logging in quite frequently given that they like to log you off after leaving the site for ten minutes or something. :swear:

Nikki Lawrence

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:35 am

Maybe I'm not understanding, but if the idea is to integrate forums with mod download capability on one site, using one account, they can do it with this software. The Nexus does it using IP Board software. I'm failing to see the problem. :shrug:

Phoenix Draven

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:41 am

I don't get paid, but I'll +1 to VB any chance I can get. I've had nothing but good experiences with their software. IPB is nice, but loads slower.

Anyway, thanks to the people at gamesas for actually taking time to cultivate their community. This is greatly appreciated.This type of thing makes it a joy to be a fan, and makes it so much easier to recommend your products (or out right gift them) to others.

REVLUTIN

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:47 am

I agree on keeping this forum and re-open the closed sections. Again; if it works don′t fix it. With all this free support new gamers get from veteran gamers it makes no sense to me.

I have never been as loyal to any company that I have been to Bethesda in all my life, and I′ve certainly never bothered making accounts and dedicate time on their forums. With all this though I′m back to my previous routines. I simply cannot accept .net no matter how much I want to be a part of the community.

Taylah Haines

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:39 pm

I honestly just wish Bethesda could either recreate this forum that we're on right now or just use this one... But either way, hopefully they'll create a better option. As well as have a much better report/ban system for the variety of different things out there. Like seriously, I've heard people getting banned for pointing out mod thefts... Why?

Kayleigh Williams

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:51 pm

Same. I would just come here basically to check to see if bethesda locked it up and threw away the key, instead I find great news!

Matthew Warren

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games