"Bethesda's latest potential masterpiece."

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:45 pm

What else could he possibly mean?

Granted not every single one of those pages will be packed with information, but I have no idea how you think he meant anything other than that the Skyrim article is 12 pages long.

I'm not being entirely serious... but suppose there was a couple of pages of Skyrim, then eight pages of other stuff, then another couple of pages of Skyrim. In that case, the Skyrim piece is still across 12 pages. :P
FITTAS

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:50 pm

^ Or there could be a lot of adds.... just saying :P Let's hope those pages are bursting with exciting info. I'm crossing my fingers.
Cesar Gomez

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 pm

^ Or there could be a lot of adds.... just saying :P Let's hope those pages are bursting with exciting info. I'm crossing my fingers.

If they follow the usual format these things are in there'll be at least one page of nothing but a screenshot, and probably another page which has a two page spread screenshot with a little bit of text somewhere. Not that that's a bad thing
Sabrina Steige

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Man hearing about this article is bringing me back to like 2002 when pcgamer released a massive article for morrowind. Then OXM did this wicked oblivion cover and now its like the good old days, bethesda is FINALLY making another Scrolls game. I for one cant wait, this article is going to be like a second christmas :D
krystal sowten

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:58 am

Officially excited now. I'd usually be firmly with all of those advising restraint/caution as far as expectations go, and I know the guy quoted wants to sell his magazine, but his reaction definitely seems out of the ordinary. It's also safe to assume he's quite objective, from one game to the next? How often in the past has he (or Game Informer) described a game as "mind blowing," almost a year from release? Just the length of time GI have known about it, and the length of time we still have to wait, speaks pretty well of the level of polish, detail, and/or content. That's two years of development between GI learning about the game, and its current release date.

I hope GI is available in the UK next month - it'll be the February issue, right? (Not that it'll be easy to miss, with "SKYRIM" on the cover!)
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:55 am

Man hearing about this article is bringing me back to like 2002 when pcgamer released

So did I but in swedish. I think I read it like 20 times, had never been as excited about a game. But I think this one tops it, and I havnt even read the article ;O
To me it sounds like the mind blowing part is mostly about the world dynamics, AI and "immersion", not about graphics. Sounds good!
Dalley hussain

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:16 am

I hope GI is available in the UK next month - it'll be the February issue, right? (Not that it'll be easy to miss, with "SKYRIM" on the cover!)

There are always scans. As everyone here knows, we're not allowed to share scans (or links to scans) on the forums, but that doesn't mean nobody will post them. ;) And even if you miss that, they'll be elsewhere on the internet. The Skyrim article is just too huge for it not to be.
Julie Serebrekoff

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:42 pm

It's all nice and well that this guy finds it great, but i'm my own critic.
I can't get excited by somebody elses view, i'll wait untill i can judge for myself, that way i can't be let down.

That said though, i'm very positive that bethesda wont disappoint me
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:10 pm

There are always scans. As everyone here knows, we're not allowed to share scans (or links to scans) on the forums, but that doesn't mean nobody will post them. ;) And even if you miss that, they'll be elsewhere on the internet. The Skyrim article is just too huge for it not to be.

12 pages too huge, ZING!
Darian Ennels

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:19 am

12 pages too huge, ZING!

Exactly.

Wait, what?
Joie Perez

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 am

I'll carve it into the back of my skull so it won't disappear before my bones turn to dust :thumbsup:

There's a one hour drive to the nearest gamestop from here and I'm not sure they even get GI in Norway.... but damn, I'd walk there through a blizzard to get that magazine.

How hyped do you guys think Skyrim is getting now? Is it only us here at the forums who are freaking out now, or are gamers across the globe starting to froth at the mouth at the thought of Skyrim too? I'm betting that after the GI reveal, there won't be a place on the internet that hasn't got a link to a Skyrim video.

and why the hell don't we have a smiley face hugging a TES plaque !?

Please... do you think that WE are hyped? You should see the YouTube community... On the trailer videos nearly every comment goes: "OMGOMGOMGOMG TESV OMG I JUST [censored] OMGOMG" or "YEEAAAASHHH OMGOMG I need new pants" or "ABOUT [censored] TIME". It makes me happy, and annoys me at the same time.
Cat Haines

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:15 am

Please... do you think that WE are hyped? You should see the YouTube community... On the trailer videos nearly every comment goes: "OMGOMGOMGOMG TESV OMG I JUST [censored] OMGOMG" or "YEEAAAASHHH OMGOMG I need new pants" or "ABOUT [censored] TIME". It makes me happy, and annoys me at the same time.

I'm that hyped up, I just can't express it on here because of the rules.

EDIT: P.S. It's always funny reading comments on elder scrolls video because they are always completely wrong. I remember back in the summer comments were saying something like, "GAIS! iz ben conformed! they is releesing it this spring!"
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 am

Maybe people here go to youtube to vent off some of their psychotic fits... Or maybe we're just darn lucky that this forum mostly consists of calm, sensible citizens. (edit: and seeing Brian's comment - people who spell correctly :P)

And for the people looking for scans: I'm not the only one that thinks it's special to have the actual magazine, right? I think there's more to having some proper paper between my fingers than just reading off of a screen. Those 12 pages will be historical -- I'd like more than a pdf. :)
WYatt REed

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:01 am

I have decided to hibernate until the game comes out.... Goodbye, I jest but if you could. You would. Don't lie.
FITTAS

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:18 am

21 days exactly until we see what Skyrim will entail.

ARE YOU READDDY?
Dan Stevens

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:28 pm

And for the people looking for scans: I'm not the only one that thinks it's special to have the actual magazine, right? I think there's more to having some proper paper between my fingers than just reading off of a screen. Those 12 pages will be historical -- I'd like more than a pdf. :)

You're not the only one. I'll try to pick up the physical magazine even if I come across good scans of the article. I can never read more than a few pages of a book from my monitor at once; real pages are much more pleasant to pore over/absorb.
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:09 am

Counting down the days to GI release I forgot about two, no three major events between then and now. Sad how Christmas, my birthday, and New Years will just be agonizingly long days between me and the Skyrim GI :(
Jennie Skeletons

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Seems like expectations are being set very high.
It better not dissapoint :P
Melanie Steinberg

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:27 am

Same. I may not even read the article until after I've played Skyrim, but I'm getting the mag the first day I see it in my GameStop. I'll be glad to have have it ~5 years down the road. I used to have Oblivion's cover GI and one with a Morrowind review in it, but like an idiot I threw them both away :facepalm:

Counting down the days to GI release I forgot about two, no three major events between then and now. Sad how Christmas, my birthday, and New Years will just be agonizingly long days between me and the Skyrim GI :(

lol :rofl:
rebecca moody

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Calm down everyone. If you're the editor of a magazine about to have an exclusive look at a game, you're hardly going to sell copies by saying beforehand the game is average. Of course they're going to hype the game. And of course any new elder scrolls will get emotional reactions. I'm more interested in specifics in the article than their opinion of it being awesome or not.
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm kind of sad that they don't sell GI here. :sadvaultboy:
Trent Theriot

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:04 am

It's hard to calm down when all sources are combining skyrim with superlatives, for instance if someone missed from Hines twitter "Showing Skyrim to Euro staff and some distr. partners today. Very high praise. Couple folks said they were stunned how good it was. Woot!"
Max Van Morrison

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:14 am

that sounds good :hubbahubba:

will the articled and screens etc be published on gameinformer.com at the same time as they give out the magazine?
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:08 pm

So would I, but I can't get GI where I live. :shrug:
Floor Punch

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:25 am

Of course GI's going to hype it to get Mag sales but its probably the truth I mean even with the bugs of Fallout 3, some bugs in Oblivion and some of the problems that people complain about Oblivion both of those games sold well and got GOTY in their respective years. To me the Skys the Limit (No Pun Intended) as to what Bethesda can do with Skyrim.

12 pages is going to be a lot of Info but its not going to be everything though. With the age of Twitter, Facebook, and the Internet, Bethesda isn't stupid they aren't going to put all their eggs in one basket and reveal 100% whats going to be in the game in the GI mag. What they will do is highlight stuff, we might find out what the engine is, how many years this will take place after Oblivion, A possible Major Actor doing Voiceover in the game (I have my doubts on that one), Any minor or possible changes from Oblivion, Do they listen to their fans compliants on certain things, etc.

January needs to get here soon and I can't wait until this issue comes out. :celebration: :celebration: :celebration: :celebration:
sas

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim