Bethesda is Working on Seven New Projects

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Ya think?

Lew.p

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:18 am

Hmm, you didn't read my comment at the end I see.

I said.

"Bethesda Game Studios will develop brand new video games, new Fallout video games, and new The Elder Scrolls video games."

I'll make it short.

Bethesda Game Studios will be developing The Elder Scrolls video games with all of their other brand new video games.

I’m my own

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:19 pm

How long do mobile games take to make?

Because if they are in the process of making a mobile game, and if they tie it into their next big game (Fallout 4 + shelter) then could that hint at a 2017 or 2018 reveal/release?

Lisa

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 am

You said two things that contradict one another. I often find it difficult to decipher exactly what you are trying to say in your posts. You often say something in one sentence and then say the opposite thing in another sentence.

But if you think you know what you were trying to say then I guess that's all that counts.

Amy Gibson

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:29 am

I hope we see it before then. The last one was 2011. A decade is a pretty long stretch between releases. Still, doesn't look like we will be seeing it much before that at best.

Cagla Cali

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 pm

I meant by Anglo's comment saying that the seven current projects are not The Elder Scrolls VII, The Elder Scrolls VIII, The Elder Scrolls IX, The Elder Scrolls X, The Elder Scrolls XI, and The Elder Scrolls XII.

I left out The Elder Scrolls VI because Bethesda Game Studios will develop or is developing The Elder Scrolls VI.

Probably also has The Elder Scrolls VII to in those seven projects, but I'm not saying that Bethesda Game Studios will never develop them. They obviously will develop them.

Hairul Hafis

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:05 am

That's one of the main reasons I'm excited. I can see that as being a huge possibility. There is a possibility that one big project is very far into development and the other isn't actually a game, which is best case scenario for me, as that could mean a 2018 release and then a 2020/2021 release for VI. But that is best case scenario.

He thought that the person saying that the next seven projects will all be The Elder Scrolls was being serious and said that it would never happen. He means that they won't release consecutively, not won't be releasing at all.
Anthony Santillan

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:43 am

I can't answer the how long part, not re-calling if BGS ever said when they began work on Fallout Shelter. It's worth noting though that Starfield's latest trademark filing from Zenimax, was in April 2016, and specifically for mobile games. That means it will be 14 -15 months old by the time E-3 happens in June 2017. Seems fairly probable they could have it ready for start up by then, or at least some form of debut, for a later initialization date.

Krista Belle Davis

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 am

The question is if Starfield really is a video game developed for mobile smart phones.

We don't know if Starfield really is a mobile video game other than the trademark and supposedly "true" rumors.

Mandi Norton

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:04 am

Maybe the idea is that this mobile game doesn't stand entirely on its own, but is connected to the new IP, sort of like Black Flag did. It could work entirely on its own, but have a long development because it has many elements tied to the AAA game too.
sophie

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Do you mean that Bethesda Game Studios could be developing Starfield as a mobile video game, but then later on develop Starfield to be more of a AAA video game that they will release for sale for PC, PlayStation 4 (PS4), PlayStation 4 (PS4) Pro, Xbox One, and Xbox Scorpio?

I mean Bethesda Game Studios has released Fallout Shelter like last month for PC and soon for Xbox One as well, but it's the same video game that it's on iOS.

Rebecca Dosch

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 am

No, I mean like Black Flag. The idea is that the mobile game will be tied to the AAA game for further profit, like 4 and Shelter, but it's possible that they're linked through gameplay as well. A bit like how you can access the Pipboy on phones, but to a larger scale.

I don't like the idea of them being linked in the sense that you'd be missing out on content if you didn't have the app, but I feel that if they did go in this direction, they'd try and give users the incentive to get the app, meaning some content could be restricted. But I don't know, maybe Bethesda's better than that. They've never been a company to release unfinished games that need DLC or a company to rely on microtransactions, which is part of why I love them so much.
RUby DIaz

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:22 am

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1616610-starfield/

Well , that's probably getting a bit off topic, and better placed in the above thread.

All we've got for official info is the trademark filings, and only the last one was for mobile gaming applications. It's conceivable the IP has evolved from a console/PC game into a mobile media game only sure.... It seems more probable to me though that we're looking at some form of cross usage / linkage.

Czar Kahchi

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:56 am

This is good news. I was worried they were going to stick with just teleportation for Fallout 4 VR. Actual movement is much better as long as it's reasonably slow paced.

Taylor Bakos

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:02 am

Well um, one out of the three projects Bethesda Game Studios is working on developing is four times bigger than The Elder Scrolls video games.

We know that Bethesda Game Studios has two brand new Intellectual Properties (IP's) of video games.

Now the third one is also not a The Elder Scrolls video game or Fallout video game.

So that's three video games out of the seven projects.

http://www.glixel.com/news/bethesdas-todd-howard-hints-at-3-new-games-w467778

They are overlapping the projects.

So now I don't even think The Elder Scrolls VI will be released for sale in 2021 at all.

Probably they will release it for sale like in 202x.

I really don't think there will be a The Elder Scrolls VI being released for sale on the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and Xbox One at all.

Out of the three projects the fourth video game is a mobile smartphone video game.

We know what four out of the seven projects are now I guess,

Sun of Sammy

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Can you provide a source for this? I find nothing on Google.

Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:10 am

Ballowers, I fear you may be wandering off into the swamp here :unsure: TWO new IP's , one 4x as large as the usual ES game??? Only know of one new IP being trademarked by Zenimax, so whatever the second big game Mr. Howard speaks of is likely either an ES or FO game or perhaps a VR version of the new IP.... As for the size, please share where a BGS rep stated this????

Here's my speculative take on it...

1) Fallout 4 VR - project one - confirmed

2) Starfield ( or evolved title from trademark filing) new IP - project two

3) Starfield themed mobile game- paired ala Fallout 4 / Fallout Shelter project 3 (type of game confirmed - title unknown still)

4) Starfield VR version- project 4

After that we're hopefully looking at an ES game sometime 2019-2020, likely with the same triad arrangement, though this could change if VR doesn't take off. The dark horse might be an ancillary Fallout title, which rumors abound on, but nothing has ever been confirmed. At this point it seems based on wishful thinking...

jessica breen

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 pm

I hope for the next TES game they use the same graphics engine as TES:Online, I simply love the lighting effects when it hits a mountain side, the shadowy effects on the moons in all TESO is my favorite TES game with Skyrim pretty much a VERY close second or runner up.

Dina Boudreau

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:45 am

Howard also confirmed that Skyrim Switch was one of the projects, and they've said that work has started on The Elder Scrolls VI. Put this with the fact that they're making two things bigger than Fallout 4 and Skyrim (not necessarily both IPs), and we have six things announced, with one cpjust being 'huge project'. What's up for discussion is what the second huge project is and what the mystery seventh project is. Yes, it could be Starfield VR, but it could be a new engine or another port or maybe even a huge thing like a TV series or film collaboration where they help with lore. The two mystery projects could be literally anything.
Robyn Lena

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Here is all of the information I have gathered.

#1. Starfield, brand new Intellectual Property (IP). This possibly will be as big as the The Elder Scrolls video games and the Fallout video games.

#2. Second brand new Intellectual Property (IP). This possibly will be as big as the The Elder Scrolls video games and the Fallout video games.

Remember Todd Howard said he has two brand new AAA projects that are in size and scope as The Elder Scrolls video games and Fallout video games.

#3. The mobile smartphone video game as you can see on that website after he said Fallout Shelter has 75 million players.

#4. A third video game whatever it will be might be four times bigger than The Elder Scrolls video games. The four times I got is from this neogaf.com member. I don't know where he got the information from.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230600399&postcount=46

It does make sense though since Todd Howard does keep on wanting the video games Bethesda Game Studios to develop to get bigger and bigger.

#5. Will be of course The Elder Scrolls VI.

#6 Will be of course Fallout 5.

#7. I guess Fallout 4 Virtual Reality (VR). It can't be The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nintendo Switch version since Nintendo will release the Switch in March for sale.

JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:34 am

Can you point me in the direction of this quote? I swear he said two projects bigger than Fallout 4 and Skyrim, but I don't remember him saying they were AAA games.

Don't think I trust that. And iirc, Howard has said that he believes Skyrim is the perfect size for an open world game. He may change his mind, but I doubt by that much.

You think they're working on that now?

In the article, Howard himself stated that Switch and VR are two of the projects, as well as the new mobile game.
clelia vega

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:07 pm

There is no sourcing from the forum post at NeoGAF, and in reading thru the whole thread it seems to be a case of exaggeration for the sake of bashing Todd Howad There is no third super large game mentioned in the source interview. Believe what you will tho ! I'd speculate that the second huge project would be from a pre-existing IP franchise, as no other Zenimax trademark registrations have been made, yet we are told it is in development. To me that suggests an ancillary title in one of their established IPs. There's really little point in speculating beyond 2019 IMO, things can change depending on whether VR takes off, whether their next game sinks or swims, and what reality actually ends up being prior to then.

Myles

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 am

I can't remember what website Todd Howard said that the two brand new Intellectual Properties (IP's) of video games being as big as the The Elder Scrolls video games and the Fallout video games is.

I'm not going to go search for it in all of the Todd Howard interviews that exist, but if you remember some of it that should be enough shouldn't it?

Fallout 4 Virtual Reality (VR), the Nintendo Switch version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and the brand new mobile smart phone video game being three projects out of seven. Then that is three projects, so with the two other brand new Intellectual Properties (IP's) of video games that's five projects, and with The Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 5 then that is seven.

That is 100% my guess that that is what Bethesda Game Studios seven projects are, but since Nintendo is about to release the Switch in a month for sale.

I really believe 100% Todd Howard is trying to hide something here.

Maybe Bethesda Game Studios will be at their Bethesda Softworks E3 2017 conference to announce something, whatever that something is.

Heather beauchamp

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Nah, I don't believe that third project to be four times bigger than The Elder Scrolls video games exists at all or whatever that neogaf.com member is saying.

Todd Howard definitely is talking weird and evading some questions and answers though.

He really is talking weird haven't you noticed?

I know Todd Howard is trying not to spoil any surprises, but these two website article interviews with gixel and the ign.com interview, Todd Howard is really talking weirdly.

Personally I wouldn't mind though if Bethesda Game Studios has three brand new Intellectual Properties (IP's) of video games or four or even five.

I want to see Bethesda game Studios develop lots of brand new video games, besides the The Elder Scrolls video games and the Fallout video games.

Don't you?

I mean they have a brand new studio Bethesda Game Studios Montreal opened up.

Bethesda Softworks is big enough to get their own E3 conferences every year now.

Imagine if they opened up a Bethesda Game Studios Dallas in the next three years or so in Dallas, Texas, etc.

As long as management is ok and not have miscommunications.

Todd Howard is also comfortable with having like 200+ employees.

chirsty aggas

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:42 pm

What possible project could they be working on that would be as big as Skyrim or Fallout 4 other than a AAA game? They building a rocket?

As to the rest of the thread, we knew months ago that the studio had two huge projects they were doing before they started on the next Elder Scrolls. That's three we've known about for months. Add the new mobile game, Fallout 4 VR, Skyrim for Switch and we have six. As to the seventh, I haven't seen anything about it at all outside of Fallout speculation from the peanut gallery.

Ilona Neumann

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games