Bethesda is Working on Seven New Projects

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:02 am

IGN article posted today with an interview with Todd Howard about the future of BGS. In this, he explains that Bethesda Game Studios is working on seven different projects of varying scopes. Three of these have been announced, those being Fallout 4 VR, TES VI in early production and Skyrim on Switch, and one was hinted at as a mobile game in the interview. This leaves three others to speculation, with one likely being a new huge game.

Personally, my prediction is that they're working on a new engine as well. What do you guys think the seven projects may be?

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/18/skyrim-fallout-4-director-todd-howard-offers-update-on-bethesda-games-studios-current-projects?abthid=58a79a4919a58c9242000023
Alexis Estrada

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 am

This thread again.

For the record, Skyrim on Switch and Fallout 4 VR (I can't even believe that's a thing tbh) aren't exactly "new things". Also, one of these "projects" had better be BGS getting an entirely new engine for TES VI. They need a new engine, because this one is still riddled with memory leaks and other crap that pull their RPGs into glitch-filled infamy.

Nicola

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:17 am

I haven't seen any threads on this. The information was released today.

No,they're not even released yet, but technically they're newer than everything else they're doing because their release is probably closer.
Grace Francis

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am

There have been a few threads that discuss "What Bethesda is doing next."

Also, there's no new info in that article. We've know all of this since around E3.

RaeAnne

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:57 am

There's frequent discussion/conjecture/speculation about the "big 3 projects" from BGS in this Forum. TES VI, FO4 VR, Skyrim Switch and a Mobile game don't exactly pique people's interests. That is to say, only TES VI interests people, and that is a given, not a "secret". So that leaves the "mysterious" 3 "secret projects", wooooo.... >_>

Here's one example : http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1616230-how-many-of-you-hope-bethesda-is-working-on-a-pirate-game/

These threads crop up fairly often tbh, and speculation serves no-one except fake "hype" and PR.

The truth is, we simply don't know what these projects are, and we will find out as and when Bethesda choose to announce them.

Emmanuel Morales

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:12 am

I'm actually more interested in the unannounced projects than TES VI, but there's nothing to talk about because we know absolutely nothing about them.

-__^

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 pm

And I'm exactly the opposite. The only thing I'm interested in is TES VI.

Kayla Keizer

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:07 am

Skyrim: New Water Edition.

I'm somewhat curious too, but not actually interested.

CHangohh BOyy

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Well, they have fantasy/high fantasy covered with TES... so I'm hoping whatever other "big" thing they're doing is sci-fi. As Fallout is sort of niche-y alternate/pre-modern sci-fi in some ways.

Hannah Barnard

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:15 am

But they're no longer working on three projects, it's officially seven. This is news, and considering we go months on end not hearing a word for them, something this big is worth making a thread about.

Personally, another mobile game has made me very excited, because the development time is shorter and we get to try something that's different to the usual open world game. All we knew before was that there were five projects.
GRAEME

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:27 am

Maybe you guys would be interested if we had any idea what these other projects are. :P

Genevieve

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:38 am

I'm more interested in Nintendo finally growing a brain cell and making a proper home console Pokémon RPG (along the lines of Colosseum/Gale of Darkness) tbh.

If we're getting a new Fire Emblem on the Switch, it's about damn time we got a new Pokémon too. And F-Zero.

#FirstWorldProblems

Jade Payton

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:50 am

If it's an open world Scifi game I'll buy it in a heartbeat! For now Starbound is semi the closest thing that we have gotten that is what I want in my open world scifi. There's something about finding a dead lava world, digging down to find tombs which makes my imagination go crazy "What happened here."

Luis Reyma

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am

Since E3 they have repeatedly stated that they are working on at least two completely unannounced, entirely new projects with the same scope as Skyrim or FO4 but aren't sequels to either franchise. That clearly means those projects aren't FO4 VR or Skyrim Switch.

They have repeatedly said that TES VI isn't being worked on except in the most general of sense of "Were making another one at some point when we're done with this other stuff".

This new interview says they are working on three main projects, one of which is a mobile title. So all that is new is confirmation that they are working on a mobile game. Everything else was know from before: Two AAA projects, Switch port of Skyrim, FO4 VR, and now a mobile game. Five projects, FO4 VR is a low priority experimental project, Switch Skyrim is a port, production on TES VI most certainly won't start until at least one of the AAA projects finishes.

Jodie Bardgett

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:42 am

I am disappoint. They should have worked on Eight new projects.

Kat Stewart

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Howard actually said that VI is in early stages of development at E3. It's never been said that it isn't being worked on, just that it won't be announced until after other things are.

It says that they're working on seven projects, and the mobile game was not called a large project.

And another project that's never been mentioned before.

Actually, Howard never said two AAA projects, he said two huge projects, bigger than what we've seen before. Lots of hinting at one of them being a new IP, BUT not the other. The other huge project might not even be a game. We've learned more here than anything since E3. This has made me beyond excited, and a thread can be made because we hear from Bethesda once in a blue moon, so if this shouldn't have a place of discussion what should?.
Strawberry

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:34 am

You and me both. If Bethesda announced something like that the first words out of my mouth would be "take my money! "

They have not disappointed me in 20 years and i see no reason to see that change now.
josh evans

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Seven projects? Holy hell.

I mean if they are developing a brand new video game engine that's fine.

I want to see The Elder Scrolls VI in 2021 or so though.

Syaza Ramali

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:27 am

Pure speculation, but there is valid info to support the hypothesis.

The next BGS game will be Starfield. It has been in development for 4+ years if we go by the trademark filing records. It will have a new game engine supporting it, as Mr Hines is on record for stating that BGS had planned to continue using the Gamebryo/ Creation Engine foundation for one more title after Skyrim. (That would be FO-4.)

Summing it up:

New IP - likely Starfield - One Project

New Game Engine to support off planet exploration dynamics such as space flight and space weaponry use, possibly even some procedural generation - 2nd project

New mobile game- paired with new IP ala FO -4 3rd project

After this I think ES-6 is almost certatin to appear probably 2019-2020... Fallout - Insert theme here will probably fit in there somewhere also, but not necessarily be totally produced by BGS. (The Battlecry Studio game has dropped from promotions, so what is the studio devs up to?) Also would be very surprised if Chris Avelone wasn't contracted to write the story for it, he is currently contracted for another Bethesda/Zenimax titles....

Footnote:

Do find it interesting that Pete Hines tweeted / confirmed earlier this week the Bethesda would be doing their 3rd full blown press conference at E3. Now IGN writes an addendum type piece with Todd Howard updating the BGS project roster, if only marginally. I don't think it a coincidence, seeds are being planted for us to take interest, and begin a bit of hype flow...

Allison C

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:28 am

I'm 100% sure that after Starfield and The Elder Scrolls VI that Bethesda Game Studios will also develop Fallout 5 as well.

There's no way they will not release a Fallout 5 for sale at least by something like 2024.

Fallout 5 will exist.

Add Me

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:33 am

Agree.

Raymond J. Ramirez

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 am

As long as it's first person, open world and highly moddable, sign me up. Change any one of those and it's, "... and then we will get TES 6?"

ZANEY82

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:51 am

TES VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII pls

Hannah Whitlock

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:27 am

That's a huge dream you got there it will never happen.

Bethesda Game Studios will develop brand new video games, new Fallout video games, and new The Elder Scrolls video games.

Meghan Terry

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:46 am

Ont the contrary, there is every reason to believe that Bethesda (or its successor) will produce TES VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI and XII.

RAww DInsaww

Next

Return to Othor Games