BRAVO Obsidian

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:09 am

In response to blueboykc's unnecessary posts in a thank you thread, I suggest that everyone put him on the ignore list so that we can stop feeding this troll. There are plenty of threads to discuss the issues that blueboykc is bringing up. The only purpose of this thread is to thank Obsidian. I ask that nobody respond to blueboykc's posts.

As for brining the thread back on topic, I would like to add my thanks to Obsidian. I have spent more hours on this game then I have on any other game in the past few years. Your storytelling is superb. :fallout:
Manuel rivera

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:48 pm

I love FNV, it is the only game I have ever pre-ordered, the only game I have ever got as the CE, the only game I have ever gotten a Guide for, and that Guide was the CE Guide as a matter of fact. FNV has surpassed my expectations. Encore, Obsidian, Encore!
Miss K

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 am

Obsidian deserves major props, turning an already great franchise into an even better one with New Vegas. Just please be sure to deliver some more awesome content for NV before you're through. :intergalactic:
Andrea Pratt

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 pm

This was probably my favorite game that came out this year I do not care about the bugs I hit 1 through all the time I played this game. :tops:
Anthony Diaz

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:10 pm

How many copies of the game have been sold? Millions? Good point, I'll keep it in mind whilst I keep on loving my bug-free FNV.

Bug-free? - love the delusional apologists. You guys crack me up.
Jamie Lee

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:04 pm

Bug-free? - love the delusional apologists. You guys crack me up.

"my bug-free FNV"
"my bug-free"
"my"
Quit trying to derail the thread.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:14 pm

I love Fallout 3 and I love New Vegas even more. Yes, I've encountered bugs...some are annoying and others are hilarious. I really enjoy the richness of the story, especially in the side quests. Sure, I have a few complaints, but nothing that would keep me from playing or purchasing DLC.
NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Yep, loving the game. Second playthrough, going to complete every location. By complete I mean kill everything there (something I certainly never coul dhave been bothered to do with Fallout 3).
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:02 am

After the patch and a lot of game play not a single crash! :banana: thanks for a great game(and DLC)
мistrєss

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Encore, I say. Encore, Obsidian!

Obsidian+Fallout+New engine=EPIC :happy:
Liv Staff

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Yes indeed. Thank you, Obsidian, for returning Fallout back to its roots while still managing to please all audiences at the same time. I have to say, this game is almost just as good as the originals.

Also, congrats to Obsidian and Fallout: New Vegas itself for winning RPG of the Year on http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/12/20/best-role-playing-game-of-2010/

Make sure to vote for New Vegas in any of the GotY polls that will be popping up soon. Primarily for two reasons:
1. It really does deserve it
2. Those of you who want a GotY edition won't be able to get a GotY edition if it isn't awarded it at least once. Well, unless they just make an RPGotY edition or something...
Juliet

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 pm

i thought it was a good game but nowhere near GREAT! cant speak for the PC or XBOX owners but the PS3 version is awfull. once leveled up quite high it freezes every 30 to 50 minutes. Also people say they've played it 4 60 hours without touching the main quest?? meeting the kahns boomers white glove society omertas and others is part of the main quest. so when u do the main quest it will be considerably shorter. This was a good game but you cant call anything GREAT that has so many flaws........unless your a blind really devoted fan of course
Taylah Haines

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:31 pm

i thought it was a good game but nowhere near GREAT! cant speak for the PC or XBOX owners but the PS3 version is awfull. once leveled up quite high it freezes every 30 to 50 minutes. Also people say they've played it 4 60 hours without touching the main quest?? meeting the kahns boomers white glove society omertas and others is part of the main quest. so when u do the main quest it will be considerably shorter. This was a good game but you cant call anything GREAT that has so many flaws........unless your a blind really devoted fan of course

Not true, people can enjoy the game even with it's flaws...I have crashed multiple times and I have not stopped playing it. I also have a PS3 and it can crash a lot in one day, but I just restart the system and keep playing. I am not a completely obsessed fan, and I recognize that the game has problems...but the good outweighs the bad in my opinion.

It keeps me interested enough to look past the problems instead of having me just give up and stop playing, and if a game can do that then that's what makes it a great game.
JUan Martinez

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:17 pm

-snip-
Naomi Lastname

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:07 pm

how can you ppl just ignore the problems with this game? you act like its perfect..like you dont even see the terrible flaws..i really dont understand it..

New Vegas is great in spite of its flaws. Most of which are due to the fact that Obsidian was forced to use an already buggy, outdated engine that they had no experience with. Made all the worse by the fact that they were implementing, for the first time, actual RPG features (I enjoyed Oblivion, but there's no more RPing in it than there is in Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest,) in an engine that's not even capable of Donkey Kong technology (climbing ladders has been confirmed by devs as being beyond the capability of Gamebryo.)

Obsidian brought the Fallout back to Fallout.

Anyone who says otherwise thinks Bethesda created Fallout and Obsidian is just a gang of interloping shills who know and care nothing for the Fallout universe and canon.
Ray

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:54 am

Obsidian seems to make games with characters/npc's that I really, really enjoy. Sure the game isn't glitch-free but I love everything about the game so much I don't care. Plus on PC, with all the mods (your own or someone else's) increase re-playability enjoyment even longer. I wish more single-player games + editors were made...I'm not a big fan of the online-multiplayer stuff so I always try to support the singleplayer games as much as I can.

Obsidian...you hooked me in with Kotor2 and FNV has been an even better experience. Even with my now-jaded gaming perspective. Thank you for giving me something to obsess over and waste all my free time with! ;)
Lilit Ager

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 pm

Yes... thank you Obsidian. I bow before you beging for more. :fallout:
Facebook me

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 pm

To my fellow PS3 users, when you begin to experience freezes and such, go to the PS3 Menu, under "Game" there is Saved Data Utility (PS3), go in dere and delete the autosave file, note the size of it so you can delete it earlier next time before freezes occur.
le GraiN

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:15 pm

Not true, people can enjoy the game even with it's flaws...I have crashed multiple times and I have not stopped playing it. I also have a PS3 and it can crash a lot in one day, but I just restart the system and keep playing. I am not a completely obsessed fan, and I recognize that the game has problems...but the good outweighs the bad in my opinion.

It keeps me interested enough to look past the problems instead of having me just give up and stop playing, and if a game can do that then that's what makes it a great game.

This a thousand times over.
Setal Vara

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:48 pm

how can you ppl just ignore the problems with this game? you act like its perfect..like you dont even see the terrible flaws..i really dont understand it..

Time and place. It's a thank you thread and you are hijacking.

Enough with the attempts at derailing this thread. Any more and I'll start handing out a few time-out cards.

:mohawk: :rock: :tops:
K J S

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:08 am

New Vegas is definitely the best game I played this year. Looking forward to playing the DLC!
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:46 am

This a thousand times over.

so are you trying to tell me its ok for a game to crash several times a day?? The idea of the game is good but its not complete. i had problems with oblivion and fallout 3 but not on the same scale as FONV. i just hope the next fallout is more polished when they bring it out. its not too much to ask!
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:17 am

so are you trying to tell me its ok for a game to crash several times a day?? The idea of the game is good but its not complete. i had problems with oblivion and fallout 3 but not on the same scale as FONV. i just hope the next fallout is more polished when they bring it out. its not too much to ask!

What system? If Xbox, clear the game cache. If PS3, follow the steps on the post above. If PC, player-made stuff can help
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Read this thread thoroughly. There is a warning from a moderator to stop trying to derail the thread.
Anyway.

This game is amazing. I love what Obsidian have done with the game. I enjoy the atmosphere of Fallout 3 immensely more than that of the Mojave Desert (This is personal preference in games, not in Fallout, so please don't flame me.) but I find that I simply cannot go back to Fallout 3, despite the fact that since it's release, I have played that game every spare minute I had. I think that says it all really, that I generally play games for their atmosphere, but I play New Vegas for every reason BUT the atmosphere. So thank you Obsidian for creating the game for us, and even thank you to Bethesda for getting the game out there.
lydia nekongo

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:36 am

The game has bugs, glitches, and crashes, yeah

BUT

i enjoyed so much this game than i still playing it!!!!!, no matter how many bugs and glitches i have, the game is just amazing

Really Obsidian Entertaiment, THANK YOU,!!! JUST THANKS

but im not negating the fact that this game still have issues, and it must be solved

And please, for those who have something agains the game, please, do not derail this thread
Pawel Platek

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas