BRAVO Obsidian

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:11 pm

This game is wonderful, and it's story should be a beacon of hope to other RPG companies. (I'm looking at you Bioware!)
The story is so grand and wonderful, it has so many replay possiblities, it has excellent Voice Acting and backround noise,
the new features and readded features are really fun and make a BIIIIG difference in this game.
I love you Obsidian.
Zosia Cetnar

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:54 pm

This game is wonderful, and it's story should be a beacon of hope to other RPG companies.

Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:39 pm

so are you trying to tell me its ok for a game to crash several times a day??

I would say no. I would also say that I haven't had "several" crashes since it was released. But that's neither here nor there. This simply is not the thread to air your complaints. The Mod has already given one warning. This thread is going to end up getting closed.
Stace

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:19 pm

If I log over 100 hours in a game despite multiple CTDs a day, the developers must of done something right.
(Yes it's a backhanded compliment, but I'm bitter about the engine. And I don't consider the crashes Obsidian's fault.)
herrade

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:48 am

So its ok for over the top cringeworthy praises and thats it?? im giving an honest opinion of the game. people on this forum just hate anything bad said about this game.. even tho its is flawed. i had less trouble with my ZX SPECTRUM games!!
Taylah Illies

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:02 am

So its ok for over the top cringeworthy praises and thats it?? im giving an honest opinion of the game. people on this forum just hate anything bad said about this game.. even tho its is flawed. i had less trouble with my ZX SPECTRUM games!!

Not everyone has really bad game breaking crashes. Sorry its happening to you but setting aside that the game is great. I had some pretty bad crashes but a patch later and they were gone.
anna ley

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:54 am

What are you guys getting all worked up about? We paid good money for a product they made. It's business. No need for butt kissing :>
Kelly James

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:56 am

This game is wonderful, and it's story should be a beacon of hope to other RPG companies. (I'm looking at you Bioware!)
The story is so grand and wonderful, it has so many replay possiblities, it has excellent Voice Acting and backround noise,
the new features and readded features are really fun and make a BIIIIG difference in this game.
I love you Obsidian.

I *love* the voice acting and agree completely...and the companions and their stories...my earlier post was because I love the companions so much and they are important to me. Companies who do more of this have my support. Did I forget to say BRAVO earlier? Bravohhhhhhhhhhhh. :clap: :clap: :clap:
abi

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:21 am

420 Hours in (Total) and on my 4th play through.

(NCR Veteran Ranger who, after a mishap of trying some of Dixon's Jet, became addicted, and his military career dropped. He was then dropped from the ranks, and no soldier looks up to him anymore.)

So much RP can go through into each playthrough individually... it's amazing. Plus, I find something new in each playthrough. (Can't believe I missed some of the most obvious unique weapons as well.)
Louise Lowe

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:45 pm

I *love* the voice acting and agree completely...and the companions and their stories...my earlier post was because I love the companions so much and they are important to me. Companies who do more of this have my support. Did I forget to say BRAVO earlier? Bravohhhhhhhhhhhh. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh my god, I forgot COMPANIONS!

Companions,Companion quests, quests to get the companions, there backgrounds, All epic.
carley moss

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:02 pm

You guys should also be thanking Bethesda. If they didn't buy out the fallout ip then this franchise would be long gone. So thank Obsidian for a very compelling game, but also Bethesda for reviving fallout and giving Obsidian a chance to create their own version of the new fallout universe.
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:45 am

What part of APPROPRIATE PLACE do you not understand? Do you ask for tech support in the DLC section? Do you post spoilers outside the spoiler section? Do you post about Dead Money on the Fallout 3 board?

Read the TITLE OF THE THREAD. It has nothing to do with if your words are "right" or "wrong". They are being posted IN THE WRONG PLACE.

The mod has already given a WARNING.

Geez.

You guys should also be thanking Bethesda. If they didn't buy out the fallout ip then this franchise would be long gone. So thank Obsidian for a very compelling game, but also Bethesda for reviving fallout and giving Obsidian a chance to create their own version of the new fallout universe.

Well it wouldn't be gone as they were not the only company bidding for the franchise. But I'll thank them for doing a pretty decent job (considering they were outsiders, who had different skill sets and strengths than Black Isle, trying to do a "fallout game"), in spite of the protests from the old school purists.
Eve(G)

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 pm

Awesome game, just hit 100 hours gameplay and still have atleast another 100 hours to go. DLC for me svcked but im sure other dlc will be better
Del Arte

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:23 pm

Fallout was far from dead at time they bought the franchise and when FO3 was released. But I can thank them for letting Obsidian to make New Vegas.
Jeff Turner

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 am

Yep as others have siad fallout was far from dead. If it were why would all the old school fans like myself still be around? I do thank Beth for getting Obsidian to make New Vegas. If Beth continues to work with Obsidian and keep the changes made in New Vegas and bring those changes to FO4 I will be forever grateful.
ezra

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:49 pm

New Vegas is what I wanted out of Fallout 3. It has a better story, cast of characters, story, etc. Obsidian did such an amazing job on New Vegas. I hope that they're developing the next Fallout.
Jessica Nash

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:08 pm

Thanks for a most epic story, the letter after E here _ you, for the glitches that barely let me experience it.
Kerri Lee

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:53 am

Yep as others have siad fallout was far from dead. If it were why would all the old school fans like myself still be around? I do thank Beth for getting Obsidian to make New Vegas. If Beth continues to work with Obsidian and keep the changes made in New Vegas and bring those changes to FO4 I will be forever grateful.

yes dead. NMA has clung to 1+2 for years, they were out in the 90s we are now in 2010. I am going to say it was dead.
I agree Obsidian and Bethesda make damn good games. I hope zenimax buys Obsidian so I can see them working together more.

New Vegas is what I wanted out of Fallout 3. It has a better story, cast of characters, story, etc. Obsidian did such an amazing job on New Vegas. I hope that they're developing the next Fallout.

I liked 3 but I like NV aswell, I hope they can both help eachother strengths and weakness and work on the next fallout together, Bethesda did good with exploration and making plenty of interesting locations, Obsidian dose great characters and story. Afain hope they both work together more often for future titles.

Thanks for a most epic story, the letter after E here _ you, for the glitches that barely let me experience it.

Honestly I swear people hype these glitches, aside from odd freezing every now and then the ocassional companion glitch I was fine at the start. Lots of others seem to have been fine too.
Sasha Brown

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas