BRAVO Obsidian

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:50 pm

well done Obsidian for making such a great game I am having lots of fun with it.

in regards to the bugs, I am having no more touble with them that I did with oblivion/F3.

the world is rich and well thought out and you have nailed the 'off the beaten track' gameplay... Im 20+ hours in and haven't even touched the main quest yet.
the world is much more alive and busy. I feel like whereever I go I can find some work or make a few caps here and there. Like I could set up home in any of the towns/settlements and make a life there. Still got tonnes to explore too.

And im finding NPC's with interesting story's/quests in the most random dead end places.

I just came across a roadside cafe selling brahmin steak. The game is choc full of small touches like this.

with all the mindless ten a penny corridor/cover based shooters around (COD *ugh*) this is easily one of the best games on the 360.

I hope all the dev team have a great xmas and look forward to your future releases
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:39 pm

:foodndrink:
sunny lovett

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:42 am

I agree completely... Absolutely LOVING this game... I'm now over 150 hours into it and still to complete the main quest. Also just downloaded Dead Money last night, but have yet to stumble across the starting quest(s) for it.

In fact, I've spent so much of my recent life in the Mojave Wasteland that I now have permanent image burn of the compass and stat boxes into my plasma panel lol. (it will disappear eventually methinks)
Olga Xx

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:14 pm

Here, lemme join in with some champagne too. :celebration:
sam westover

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:17 am

:goodjob: 193 hours played. I'm waiting for Dead Money to get released for PC.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:16 pm

yeah congrats on shipping an unfinished game..on an outdated engine that some ppl cant even play :celebration:
Dalia

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:38 am

yeah congrats on shipping an unfinished game..on an outdated engine that some ppl cant even play :celebration:

:o Blashphemy!

But yes, this game is awesome and I've played about 200+ hours (I've only finished one playthrough lol.) on about five characters, maybe six. I've just restarted one right now so I can be a low level in Dead Money. :bunny:
Brad Johnson

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:36 pm

TAKE IT BACK!!! :nono:

This game is beyond amazing... :fallout:
Lori Joe

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:45 pm

People trolling to insult the game in a thank you thread? Yeah this hasn't happened in the past 5000000 threads here.

Nice try though.
Jeff Turner

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:41 am

how can you ppl just ignore the problems with this game? you act like its perfect..like you dont even see the terrible flaws..i really dont understand it..
Cedric Pearson

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:54 am

how can you ppl just ignore the problems with this game? you act like its perfect..like you dont even see the terrible flaws..i really dont understand it..

Possibly because even with it's flaws Fallout New Vegas is a very good game and those of us who think it is a good/stonking game can see past the flaws to the game beyond them. Not everyone instantly hates a game because it has flaws and also not everyone instantly loves a game because they can see past the flaws.

Ultimately whether someone likes or dislikes a game is a matter of personal opinion, and you have made it clear beyond a doubt that you don't like New Vegas because of it's flaws, there are some for whom a games flaws may add a quirky charm at least in their opinion.

Personally as I've stated before I think that Fallout New Vegas is a great game despite it's bug/glitches/flaws.
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 am

What problems do you speak of?
Chenae Butler

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am

Possibly because even with it's flaws Fallout New Vegas is a very good game and those of us who think it is a good/stonking game can see past the flaws to the game beyond them. Not everyone instantly hates a game because it has flaws and also not everyone instantly loves a game because they can see past the flaws.

Ultimately whether someone likes or dislikes a game is a matter of personal opinion, and you have made it clear beyond a doubt that you don't like New Vegas because of it's flaws, there are some for whom a games flaws may add a quirky charm at least in their opinion.

Personally as I've stated before I think that Fallout New Vegas is a great game despite it's bug/glitches/flaws.

Bingo :tops:
Dalia

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:23 pm

What problems do you speak of?

i really hope thats a joke..

and i didnt instantly hate anything i enjoyed the game till about 80 hrs in and i couldnt play it anymore..and its not just the game itself its bethesda/obsidians attitude that they seemingly have done no wrong here by publishing an unplayable, by some ppl, game..
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 am

Yep, thanks for a great game. Its different to 3, so I hope Beth makes the next fallout, then you guys make the next, keeps things differnt that way. But yeah great game, enjoying the dlc too.
Lynette Wilson

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 pm

I think it says a lot about how great the game is if we keeping playing it with the flaws. It's an awesome game with some technical problems. I have two copies, PS3 and PC and I'm playing on the PC version exclusively now because the Boone combat script problem isn't yet fixed on the PS3 like it's fixed with the mod that a Fallout community member wrote for the PC. I have the Classic Pack canteen on the PS3 and want to play a hardcoe game but I have to be patient. I have faith it'll be fixed, right? :)

So yes, THANK YOU, Obsidian and THANK YOU Bethesda for getting FNV out for us. I love it, please finish fixing it and have great holidays! And everyone here too...have great holidays! And mods, I hope you get a nice break over the holidays too. :::cheers::::

:fallout:
Susan Elizabeth

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:11 pm

right now its ranked 5th at gamespot.com most disappointing game of the year with nearly 3000 votes..so at least that many ppl felt it was far from perfect..
Arrogant SId

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:58 pm

Encore, I say. Encore, Obsidian!
Mariaa EM.

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:54 pm

right now its ranked 5th at gamespot.com most disappointing game of the year with nearly 3000 votes..so at least that many ppl felt it was far from perfect..

Your point? People may not like it, whether it was because of bugs, not being a carbon copy of Fallout 3, or various other reasons but to tell the truth, we just don't care. We have our tastes, we enjoy the game. You have your tastes, you don't. There is nothing more to it.
Cool Man Sam

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:11 am

How many copies of the game have been sold? Millions? Good point, I'll keep it in mind whilst I keep on loving my bug-free FNV.
jessica Villacis

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:05 pm

If someone buys F:NV, comes home with it, plays it, likes/loves it... why should they care what a website(s), magazine(s) or anybody else says about it.
If you think the game is awesome (Me and others) play the crap out of it, If you think the game is trash (Others)... well I don't know... :whisper: ... move on? :facepalm:
John N

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks for returning :fallout: back to :fallout: :tops:
marina

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Enough with the attempts at derailing this thread. Any more and I'll start handing out a few time-out cards.
Meghan Terry

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:34 pm

I got the game at midnight as soon as it came out for 360 and I really honestly didn t notice any problems that didn t happen in Fallout 3. Like I said about Fallout 3 the good far outways the bad. Now you can t blame obsidian for the engine because I think they were supposed to use it, but just make the story they wanted to make when they were with Black Isles ( I could be wrong).

But they did put together a nice story that flowed differentially than fo3 but was very good in its own way (now i didn t like it the closer it got 2 the end) but I won t say it was bad. I understand what they were doing. As for freezing and sinking into solid roadways and other things like that u have to think the games r extensive and they r only humans. Mistakes will be made.
Brιonα Renae

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas