...But One Remains

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:28 am

OOC: I'm heading towards Scow and co now. Might aswell have someone to RP with eh?

IC:

Addamasartus cave, Seyda Neen Outskirts

Kalthar stood and watched the pair go and leave the cave before turning back around the to the remains of what was a battle. The corpses were in the exact same position that they were left in and would probably remain that way for some time. Looking at the Khajiits corpse, Kalthar decided that it shouldn't be left here. Although he knew him for a short while, any man or woman he fought beside does not deserve a burial place like this. He shall get his own grave he thought. Before that however he should get what he came for, what that is however he does not know but there must have been something here the bandits had of worth.

Walking around the cave and examining every nook and cranny, Kalthar found a few items of worth that he carried in leather rucksack he found. These consisted of strange bottles, most likely Skooma he thought. Moon sugar, an iron shortsword and mace and a good amount of alchol, which was the best the Nord thought but should be saved for later. Also he found 40 more Septims which should last a short while.

Carrying the Khajiits corpse over his back he placed him in the small hole in the ground he dug and proceeded to fill it in. It took him a while but he finsihed it without much hassle and said a small prayer to the Gods. "Where to next" he muttered to himself before he remembered the package and what his original mission was "might aswell head this way then" and picking up his rucksack and blade, he headed east. Not knowing where he would end up next or what his next adventure would be.
An Lor

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:07 pm

OOC: Okay, time to get off my lazy ass and make my post.

IC: The Argonian's response was so blatantly insincere that it made Davian's mind hurt. However, he focused his response on the greatest insult the argonian made in refering to his race. "I accept your apology for mistaking me for a khajiit, as they say I bear a striking resemblance to one," he said condescendingly, leading up to his dismissal. "I hope you do settle your accounts with the khajiit so that we don't have a similar mix-up in the future." With that, the khajiit breton turned from the lizard, and continued walking down the street at a brisk pace, slinging his change of clothes over his shoulder.

In retrospect, he probably shouldn't have purchased the clothes, or at least stuck around Seyda Neen long enough to change, but his departure was necessary in order to maintain his image of contempt of the contemptible Altmer merchant. He seemed to gaze over the landscape as he walked, though he concentrated his ears and keen nose on the Argonian assassin-wannabe. At least it wasn't one of the damned Brotherhood members, who were such a pain back in Wayrest.
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:55 am

Kraling perked up his head. "Did you two hear anything?" He asked.

The weather was really beginning to irritate him. Heat and desert he'd have been fine in, but for some reason they seemed to have been spit out in the middle of a swamp. "Is anyone else confused by the geography of this place? Back out west, people say that Morrowind is just one big wasteland. This place actually looks kind of fertile."
Susan

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:50 am

Crossroads:

Ghost's anger flared as the Kahjiit turned its back on him. "Fool." Ghost muttered under his breath. Probably not evenb worth killing. Ghost walked to a wooden sign post four arrows. One to Balmora, One to pelgaid, One to Ebonheart, and one to seyda neen. Ghost frowned and began walking on the road to Balmora, Sword in hand. Ghost kept an eye out for wild life, or other bandits. Making his way along, Ghost heard voices. Scaling a nearby hill Ghost looked down on the breton woman and a Nord and the Altmer who got cut off my the kahjiit as well. Ghost watched them converse. figuring they wouldnt want him near them ,he decided that if he waled ahead of them, and he was attacked they'd watch out for him, then again they are ex-convicts, he decided for it and slid down the small hill,past a tree, and ahead of the group
kitten maciver

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:11 am

OOC: If I misinterpreted, then could someone PM me and I'll edit this? I just figure we're in the region....

IC:

Kraling skidded to a halt then nearly fell backwards with shock and horror. "By the gods!" he shouted. They had stumbled across a very dead body. Through the surprise he tried to take stock. So hard when you come back... he thought. He hadn't seen a body in a very long time. It was, or had been, a Bosmer, apparently of some standing if his robes were any indication. Apparently some wizard. "By the gods..." He muttered again. He looked around. "What the hell cold have done this?" he asked, half to his companions and half to himself as he bent over the broken corpse.
Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:18 am

OOC: Sorry, my computer is dying and it double posted.
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:08 am

OOC Correctly interpreted... twice :D

IC
"By the gods!"

Laurenne heard the exclaimation before she saw the bosmer's broken form. She put her hand to her mouth at the sight, the body lay in a small crater, apparently caused by the shock of the huge impact that had destroyed the wood elf's body. Slowly she walked up behind Kraling, unable to take her eyes off the gory spectacle.
"Kynareth..."
she breathed softly, the name of her favoured goddess escaping her lips as she added to Kraling's own blasphemy. Something yellow flopped down on her shoulder making her jump and shout out, it was a hat, bright yellow with a ring of fur round the bottom edge,
Colovian...
Laurenne remembered seeing people wearing this ugly traditional garb back in Cyrodil, back then she'd thought them stupid but now... it reminded her of home.

"What the hell cold have done this?"

The question cut through her reverie and she replied without thinking,
"I don't know..."
Laurenne returned her attention to the crash site, avoiding looking directly at the beg_... Mage's corpse. She saw a pack to one side, it was brown and dirtied from its descent.
"hey look at this..."
she jerked her head at Kraling before delving into the bag which contained some scrolls and, a book, carefully taking it out she glanced at the final entry

believe I may have found the correct formula for the spell I am developing. With it, I will be able to travel great distances without the need to pay others for the service.

If all goes well, I will test out the new spell tomorrow. I believe I have worked out all of the possible complications. It will allow me to leap great distances, covering many hundreds of miles. Never before has one been able to travel in this manner: vaulting from the ground, sailing through the sky, all without that terrible disorientation of a spell of flying.

The time is almost upon me. My research is finished, and all of my calculations are checked and rechecked. They laughed at me when I suggested this. We'll see who laughs after I leap to the top of their towers and scream out my success.

Frowning she passed the book to Kraling,
"Well this explains a lot... what a way to go."
Kitana Lucas

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 am

Kraling shuddered. "I always said that youy shouldn't tamper with magic carelessly." He caught himself. "Sorry if I sound callous but this is a bit of a shock."

He looked over the Bosmer's body again. "Should we...do...something?" he asked. "I mean, I don't know what his faith was, but I'd hate to just leave him as food for beasts."
Tiffany Carter

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:14 am

Ghost heard the scream and turned back, expecting the men to try to be robing the woman, drawing his blade quickly he looked upon the scene. Sheathing his balde he walked towards the group. "What happened?" Ghost asked looking to the Nord.
lillian luna

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Davian Hawkeye didn't even bother to turn around when he heard the scream of the falling bosmer, as he felt as though he needed to get to Balmora as soon as possible. He didn't appreciate the scenic view, though he remained alert enough that he would not be ambushed by the hostile fauna of Vvardenfell, as he had no weapons to defend himself. He kept a brisk pace, as fast as he could with minimal exertion.
Miss K

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:20 am

Bitter Coast Region

"Should we...do...something?" he asked. "I mean, I don't know what his faith was, but I'd hate to just leave him as food for beasts."

"I..."
Laurenne suddenly realised he hadn't considered the burial, guilt welled up and she felt callous and selfish for not considering the body
"I guess we could submerge him the swamp?"
She suggested, it was a good compromise as it allowed them to bury the body well without too much work.

"What happened?"

Laurenne looked up and inwardly groaned at the sight of the dodgy Argonian
how long has he been following us?
"We don't know, it looks like he fell... but thats just ridiculous"
She pushed her hair back as she spoke, her face not betraying her consternation
"Look... we need to bury this guy you might want to go on without us to save yourself some time?"
Danielle Brown

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Somewhere on the road

Kalthar had been walking for many hours now and was getting tired as he felt a small bead of sweat slide down his forehead. His mind was deep in thought and he didn't pay too much attention to his surroundings as he kept thinking how long was left until he reached a town somewhere. The cuts on his back were beginning to irratate him but Kalthar mearly kept pushing the pain out of his mind as he continued his original thoughts. Suddenly a scream pierced his thinking and his mind returned to the physical world. It was coming from somewhere up ahead but as the Nord drew his sword and began to run it stopped. Regardless the Nord kept running and forced himself up and over a hill and a little in the distance he saw a small crowd gathered around what must have been the corpse of whoever was screaming.

Murder? Perhaps he was killed and robbed by bandits he thought to himself as he crouched down and examined them more. Is that.....is that those folks from the tavern back in that cess-pit of a town? By Akatosh it is! Standing up Kalthar walked towards them but keeping his sword in hand. He may have had a drink with them which in his mind made them for than strangers but they were still not his friends. If they killed that men then they may very well kill him. "Hello there friends, mind if I ask what happend here?" he shouted at them to get there attention as he slowly walked forwards.
Iain Lamb

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:16 am

OOC: the broad font and italics are not working >.<

ic:
Somewhere on the road

Ghost looked to the armed Nord coming down the hillside. "Apparently he fell." Ghost turned back to The group "you might want to go on without us to save yourself some time?"
Ghost smiled, "No, I'd love to help I'm not built like this for show." He said. "Do we have any tools with witch to burry him?" Ghost asked looking about.
Rachyroo

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:36 pm

"We have as much as you: Pretty well nothing." Kraling said. "But I think the swamp suggestion is a good idea."
Sharra Llenos

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:51 am

Ghost smiled. "You'd think he'd like to be put in one of these hollowed out trees, what with him being a Bosmer and all." Ghost looked about, what ever it is we do night will be upon all of us, and I think it best if we kept together, at least for the night." Ghost grinned at the Woman as he spoke the words. Ghost then looked about for something to make a stretcher out of.
Laura Shipley

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:38 am

"He dosen't look like a Valenwood Wood elf." Kraling said. "These robes seem too... Eastern."

Kraling had run Valenwood a few times. They didn't have much to trade, but there were a few Bosmer who made quality bows and wanted to avoid Imperial taxes. He couldn't help but remember those days. he had been a natural sailor, he had been an even better smuggler. He knew all the good hiding spots, the coves and inlets the bulky Imperial Legion ships couldn't get into. He remembered feeling the wind whip through his hair, the freedom.

He snapped himself out of it and bent down to pick up the body and move it to the green, disgusting muck. He felt something move, and reached tpo keep it from falling.

"What the...?" He asked. He didn't think a falling wizard would be carrying a sword.

"Well, then. what's this?" he said and put the sword aside. "Hey Argonian, could you do me a favor and get his legs?"

OOC: if you'd rather the sword stays with the dead dude, just tell me and I'll write that in :)
Harry-James Payne

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Ghost grinned "Keen eye." He then bent down and lifted the corpse up off the ground, following the nord's lead.
MR.BIGG

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:04 am

"Okay, let's just put him in this one." Kraling said, and let him down. His head and upper body submerged in the disgusting liquid, and kraling wondered at how decent a burial this was.

Well, he thought, better than being eaten by some animal.

He walked back over and picked up the sword. His hand felt funny as he touched it, like it was falling asleep or spomething. He unsheathed it and saw that it glowed a dim white with magic. "I wonder what this does?" he asked himself. "Ah well, I suppose I'll figure it out soon enough."

He took the saber off his belt and hung it across his back ,within reach as a backup weapon, and put the new sword at his belt. He reminded himself to seel the flimsy iron saber at first opportunity.
Ice Fire

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:40 am

OOC: Since I have broken away from the group, I'm having trouble tracking the amount of ground my character has traversed and I'm not entirely sure of the scale we are using. Any chance of recieving envronmental notifications?
Sarah MacLeod

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 am

OOC: First off, I'd like to apologize for my absence, I spent the weekend and a few days after in D.C. to watch Obama become inaugurated into office. I just didn't tell you guys as that can tend to kill RPs really quickly.

Lycanthropic_Nerev, that would be deciding your own loot. Though we'll be staying mostly true to the game, let us says what or when you'll get something.
Scow: The scale is larger then the game, like I said, but the exacts will be powered by plot.
And as reminder, remember to update your character sheet whenever anything happens to affect your character (wounds, i.e.) or it's inventory. That means you, Scow.Now as for that landmark...

IC:

Outside of Pelagiad

Nels Llendo squinted into the distance, assuring his eyes. Yes, there: He saw movement surely this time. With a small grin, he pulled out an eyepiece from the pocket of his dashing shirt. He pulled on both sides, lengthening it into a seaman's telescope. It was a fine peice, inlaid with gold in fanciful patterns. He raised the piece to his eye, looking towards the movement. Lo and behold, coming through the twin spires of stone was a traveler, alone at that.

Chuckling, he hopped down from his perch, closing the telescoping eyepiece as he went. The traveler was still a few miles from him, but he would be receiving a welcome from the legendary Nels Llendo when he arrived.
RaeAnne

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:15 am

OOC :wave: Hi Vrek, how was the inaguration? I watched some of it on telly... Also, though Nerev did loot the weapon himself I've okayed it so thats fine?
IC
Laurenne shivered as the corpse slowly sunk into the thick swampy waters.
"Poor guy..."
She looked of the expanded group, surveying the new members
Its the drunk... Kalthar? and Ghost, well at least I've met them before.
She stared at Kalther for a second, he looked weary, exhausted. She realised why quickly.
"By the Nine! Kalthar, what happened? Those wounds.."
She bustled over as the natural medic within her took over and she began to summon a simple heal spell to deal with the cuts that coverd the Nord.
christelle047

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:30 am

OOC: Ya, sorry for any confusion, I'm not used to looting procedures.

IC:

Kraling looked over at Kalthar. He could tell he'd seen some combat. He tried to reserve judgement, but they hadn't been on the island very long and if he was already injured...

He shook those thoughts away. There was no point worrying about it. After all, Kalthar survived, and if he did, that meant that he could fight. Back in his smuggling days Kraling learned very quickly that even having a warrior in a group made it much less appealing to anyone who would've wanted to attack it.

"How bad is it?" Kraling asked out of instinct more than empathy. He still didn't know any of these people, however, even though they were all prisoners none of them seemed too eager to betray the others. he figured they probably felt the same way he did: That many people together had a better chance than single people travelling alone.
Carlitos Avila

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:29 am

Name: Ernil Llanari
Race: Dunmer
six: Male
Birthsign: The Tower

Skills: Acrobatics, Sneak, Short Blade, Light Armour

General Appearance:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown, medium length. Thick and unkempt.
Skin color: Blue/Green
Eyes: Red
Build: Slender and lithe.
Scars/tattoos: None

Inventory: Common Pants/Shirt, Netch Leather Boots, Chitin Dagger, Shein.

Personality & Traits: Ernil likes to present himself as a friendly, easy going and passive mer. In reality he is more cynical and clinical, but he soon learned that those traits don't win you nearly as many friends.

Bio: Ernil was born in Gnisis. The son of a miner and a cleaner he endured a typical, no frills velothi upbringing, aside from being taught how to read by a kindly Imperial Cult healer. As soon as he was old enough he was expected to work the eggmine. After a few months the long hours, poor pay and back breaking labour became too much for Ernil and he left Gnisis to seek his fortune. After a year of odd-jobbing and panhandling his way from town to town Ernil decided to simply take what he wanted instead of begging for it. He is an experienced second storey man and has contacts within the Commona Tong.

Bitter Coast Region

Outlanders never cease to amaze me, Ernil chuckled to himself.

He had been ambling along, cursing the Bitter Coast weather system, when he spotted a small group of travellers ahead. Since they seemed to be manhandling a body he quickly concealed himself in the undergrowth, fearing that he had stumbled accross bandits. What he had seen subsequently from his hiding place confused and amused him. The body turned out to be a disgusting mess of flesh and bone encased in a colourfull robe. There's no way these five dealt that kind of damage, not unless they're powerful mages. They certainly don't look the sort, Ernil had reasoned whilst he watched a Nord and an Argonian submerge the gruesome mass of blubber in the swamp. It made for very odd viewing and was a sight Ernil would not forget in a hurry.

Having convinced himself that the group posed no immediate threat Ernil removed himself from cover and approached the party.
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:50 am

Kraling turned and saw the Dunmer approach. Just one. He quickly scanned the surrounding area for others, and saw none. He hoped if he was wrong they could together handle a threat.

He called out a greeting. "Good day! Any news from up ahead?" he asked, hoping to find out more about the path they were taking outside of his directions.
Averielle Garcia

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:12 am

OOC: Sorry, but I have to drop from this RP due to problems at home...
keri seymour

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion