...But One Remains

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:35 am

"Oh its nothing really, had worse than this before, these are just scratches" he laughed as Laurenne began to summon a healing spell "Though I wouldn't mind the healing, had a run in with some slavers a while back in a cave. Say, you don't have a drink do you?" He slung the rucksack of his back and put it on the floor next to him as he strained his back and lifted his arms as he yawned.

He looked down at the body being submerged in the swamp water, it was a mess. All that was left was a mangled humanoid shape though it was clothed in quite an elegant, yet bloody robe. Poor fellow, not a way to die he mourned to himself. The other Nord in the group seemed to be greeting someone in the distance. Turning around Kalthar looked, it was a Dunmer who was armed. Kalthars natural reaction was to touch the hilt of his side, just in case even though he didn't look to dangerous, at least to Kalthar he wouldn't pose a threat.
Assumptah George

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:56 pm

OOC
Ok Scow, you'll be missed mate :wave:
on another note the auto censor is screwed up, it'll let me call somone a bastard but not allow me to spell ass properly <_<

IC
Bitter Coast Region

"Oh its nothing really, had worse than this before, these are just scratches"

Scratches my ass...
Laurenne smiled as her hand began to glow a pale blue which she touched to each of the cuts, some were quite deep and she made sure to brush a couple, mostly for the pleasure of seeing if the Nord could live up to his bravado.

"Though I wouldn't mind the healing, had a run in with some slavers a while back in a cave. Say, you don't have a drink do you?"

She finished her work quickly, he wasn't too badly hurt and the cuts began to close quite quickly those his clothes were still ripped where the cuts had been.
"There, done"
She took a step back, admiring her work before replying,
"That look ok... I dunno about any drink, I've got nothing."
She hesitated, before continuing, sounding worried now;
"But what's this about slavers? They were the ones who attacked you yes?.... Heyyy"
Kalthar had turned away from her, and, mildly annoyed, she shoved him lightly in the back. She followed his line of sight to see what had distracted him. A Dunmer was apporaching the group, Kraling was hailing the wiry traveller. He looked lightly armed,
Probably not a bandit...
Laurenne thought though she still eyed the man suspiciously.
Marilú

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Ghost glared at the dunmer, like Kalthar he griped the handel of his blade. "He doesnt look like much." ghost said in a half-mock tone. Ghost stood his full six feet and waited beside Kalthar If the Dunmer attacks us ill close in quicker, I'll get in around behind him so Kalthar can swing,while i rip apart his back. Ghost drew an inch of his blade.
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 am

"Good day! Any news from up ahead?" Boomed a typically confident Nordic voice. Ernil considered telling him that there was an Akaviri invasion force over the next hill, but rembered the last time he was sarcastic to a son of Skyrim and the painful black eye he had received for his trouble.

"That depends on where you're headed, but the roads have been clear aside from the damned 'racers. What were you attacked by?" He asked, nodding his head towards the healer and her patient as he did so. He hesitated when he saw the second Nord and the Argonian testing their hilts and held out his hand to the first Nord, more as an act of supplication than greeting. "My name's Ernil, by the way."
Tamika Jett

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:18 am

"But what's this about slavers? They were the ones who attacked you yes?.... Heyyy"

He suddenly forgot about Laurenne as he seen the new comer approaching, he studied his blade before deciding that he must have been a traveller by the way he was dressed and armed. If he tried anything then it shouldn't be too difficult to run him through with a blade. "Oh sorry" he apologised to his healer as he turned back around "Just some slavers in a cave a while back. Just went in and explored before being ambushed by three of them, all dead now though" he winked at her before patting his blade "Freed some slaves aswell and got some nice loot" and he nodded at the rucksack on the floor "All in all it was a simple days work. He thought whether or not to tell the truth to them but they all looked relatively harmless enough and were very much strangers to this land like he was and he needed their trust, at least for the time being.

The newcomer had now arrived to the group and greeted them. He spoke to the others before turning to Kalthar "That depends on where you're headed, but the roads have been clear aside from the damned 'racers. What were you attacked by?". Kalthar hesitated for a second, what if he was one of them. The Nord knew nothing of this land or its creatures, he had never been to the island before in his life "It was nothing, just had a run in with some bandits that's all" he said without too much detail on who the bandits were. If he tried anything then it wouldn't be long before Kalthars blade met the strangers neck.
Lisa

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Despite the Dunmer's nice tone Ghost kept a hand on his hilt. Keeping an eye on the Dunmer Ghost made a toothy grin that displayed his fangs. "No towns near here then?" He asked the Dunmer
Vicky Keeler

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:57 am

'We're actually going to Balmora." Kraling said, trying to keep the conversation on the task at hand. For some reason he trusted Laurenne's ability to suitably heal Kalthar. "By the way, what are 'racers?' As you can probably see anyway, we're new to these parts."
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 am

"It was nothing, just had a run in with some bandits that's all" Ernil had expected nothing less than an evasive answer. In his profession information always came at a premium and in his experience people with nothing to hide possessed nothing worth knowing. "Just so long as the loot was worth the trouble." He grinned back at the Nord.

"No towns near here then?" Asked the Argonian displaying a most aggressive smile as he did so. This beast won't last long on Vvardenfell if it's always so belligerent mused Ernil, I suppose I'd be wary too if I were in a land where the majority of my kinsman were forced into servitude. Although Ernil considered his view towards slavery progressive for a Dunmer he was aware that most outlanders elevated the beast races to a station he considered beyond their primitive nature. He didn't want to unsettle the group and, perhaps more importantly, the lizard still gripped his hilt tightly. He could easily act as though the Argonian was his equal. "There's a fishing village to the north named Hla Oad, but the closest town is...".

"Were actually going to Balmora" Interrupted the first Nord. "Why, you're sharper than a trama root! Balmora is indeed the closest town." Before Ernil could embarrass himself with further obvious sycophancy the Nord asked, ""By the way, what are 'racers?' As you can probably see anyway, we're new to these parts." Ernil's eyes widened and he laughed as he exclaimed, "B'vek! Fresh off the boat eh? Don't worry, you'll soon get to know all about cliff racers. You'll come to despise the flying rats. You could probably deal with one, but they often hunt in groups. I avoid them like the blight. It's said they chased the dragons from Morrowind." No one believed the old wives tale, but the thought had always amused Ernil. Remembering the absence of coin in his breeches Ernil decided it was high time he made his pitch, "I've just had a splendid idea. I could guide you to Balmora and help you avoid getting eaten by the guars and the 'racers and the nix-hounds and the alit and the netch and the... need I go on?. All I ask is a small fee to compensate me for my time. Ten Septims now, ten on arrival is more than fair."
Milad Hajipour

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:00 pm

OOC:Sorry Vrek

IC:
"All I ask is a small fee to compensate me for my time. Ten Septims now, ten on arrival is more than fair."

"Is that each or in total?" Angorion asked the Dunmer. The man looked well travelled, was armed and seemed to know what he was talking about. If it is cheap enough, I'll say we should travel with him. Angorion thought to himself
Batricia Alele

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:46 am

OOC: Getting s bit tired of this speech here. First of all, Calzo, you don't decide what loot you can find, Pigeon and I do. Second of all: Tarhiel doesn't even have a ring. Edit your post.
Lauren Dale

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:39 am

OOC Thanks Calzo

IC
Bitter Coast Region

"All I ask is a small fee to compensate me for my time. Ten Septims now, ten on arrival is more than fair."

Laurenne crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at the offer,
I guess that's reasonable... But it came out of the blue. What if he is going to lead us to his bandit chums or something?

"Is that each or in total?"

Angorion was the speak up and the High elf's words made up her mind,
"So long as thats a total... I'm happy to pay my share."
le GraiN

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:58 am

"There's a fishing village to the north named Hla Oad, but the closest town is...".

Ghost's Grin turned into a snarl. "What are you implying? That i couldnt possibly want to go to a city, someone like me couldn't possibly want to be where he could establish himself, oh no I must want to go and live in the mud hmm?" Ghost had hear rumors of the slavery of his cousins. Ghost took a step closer to the dunmer "You have been here less than a quarter of an hour and your allready insulting us? From the books i have read your people arent so far from squating around in ash clothed in animal-skin!" He can help us but wait, if this peice of crap doesnt apologize he will be bait as soon as we show up
jessica robson

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:01 am

Kraling shot Ghost a look, then turned to the Dunmer. "Sorry about that. I'm not sure where that came from. If it's a total sum I'll gladly give some money to help pass safe to Balmora."
sally R

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Ghost realized from the look that maybe he over reacted but racists really annoyed him. Especially when the man is worse off than he is. Ghost took a step back and just glared at the dunmer. "hurry up." he said still scowling. "I want a nice bed to sleep in."
Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:59 am

"Is that each or in total?" Queried the Altmer.

Ernil cursed himself for not asking for more. He considered trying to extort 100 septims from the group, but he may as well have picked their pockets and slapped them in the face for that price. They could've travelled in the relative luxury of the silt strider for less. Even a theif would've struggled to justify that kind of daylight robbery. The healer spoke up and made his decision an easy one.

"So long as thats a total... I'm happy to pay my share."

Suddenly the Argonian began ranting and raving about some perceived slight against him. Ernil was taken aback. His jaw dropped and he simply stood wide eyed, listening to the ferocious beast's tirade. I've never known anyone take such offense from a piece of innocuous geographical information. The Argonian's overtly aggressive manner had troubled him, now it outright angered and frightened him in equal measure. He retreated a number of steps backwards, more than necessary to avoid any attack and more than enough to show his cowardice when it came to physical confrontations.

The agreeable Nord apologised on behalf of the Argonian, but it didn't seem to have much effect as the beast continued to smoulder.

"It's 20 septims in total, but my price doubles if the Argonian travels with us. I can't give directions if I have to watch my back the entire journey."

In reality Ernil could've walked the route to Balmora blindfolded, but he was not keen on travelling with the Argonian in the slightest.
zoe

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:30 am

The Dunmer offering to take the group to Balmora was certainly a suspicous thing to do Kalthar thought, since when was a native in a highly xenophobic country so keen to offer his services, even if it was for a fee. The Altmer queried the man, although Kalthar did not know him, or even his name, he was quite bright to question him. Laurenne spoke up also about how she would be happy to contribute. The Nord did have quite a bit of cash in his pockets now from the cave raid but he wasn't so stupid to pay his share so quickly. Before Kalthar spoke his concern the foolish Argonian started ranting, claiming he was insulted when he quite clearly wasn't. It was obvious that the Dunmer was insulted by this himself but still made a final offer:

"It's 20 septims in total, but my price doubles if the Argonian travels with us. I can't give directions if I have to watch my back the entire journey."

With no one else speaking Kalthar spoke up "Hell, I couldn't give a damn if the Argonian doesn't come with us" he turned to the Argonian "Sorry pal but that's just the way it is, your too crazy and we already have one blade here and that's me, and I suppose our guide also" turning to the Dunmer he questioned him "But...how can we know that we can trust you? How do we know that you aren't going to sell us out to some bandits up ahead" he pointed up the road before laying his eyes on him again suspicously.
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 am

OOC Apparently I'm an idiot and I lack the ability to read or even remember what was posted just a few pages ago. I thought Calzo was a Redgurd for some reason. I've edited my post now as he's actually an Altmer. Sorry for the confusion Emperor Jim, could you do the same?

IC
"But...how can we know that we can trust you? How do we know that you aren't going to sell us out to some bandits up ahead" The Nord made a good point. It was a question Ernil himself would've asked had their roles been reversed. He decided the Nord would appreciate a blunt answer.

"That's a sensible question. In truth I could be planning to sell you out to bandits, but I doubt they'd thank me for leading you to them. Forgive my assumption, but none of you look wealthy. You're wearing rags and trudging through the swamp for 'vek's sake! If you had any amount of money you would've accquired transport to Balmora. Most of you are armed and you have a healer to back you up. If I were a bandit I'd like to think I could pick better marks."
Emilie M

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:51 pm

OOC: Its been changed

IC:

"That's a sensible question. In truth I could be planning to sell you out to bandits, but I doubt they'd thank me for leading you to them. Forgive my assumption, but none of you look wealthy. You're wearing rags and trudging through the swamp for 'vek's sake! If you had any amount of money you would've accquired transport to Balmora. Most of you are armed and you have a healer to back you up. If I were a bandit I'd like to think I could pick better marks." the Dunmer made a good argument but Kalthar knew from prior experience that bandits weren't the only threat out there. Kalthar questioned him again
"You make a good point Dunmer but I have....learnt that bandits can take many shapes and forms, what about slavers then? You know yourself that they inhabit this land and they don't care much for who they capture whether it be an Argonian or Nord" Slavers were still something hot on Kalthars mind after his little experience from before, he was almost paranoid that they would jump out again from the bushes right there and then.
Victor Oropeza

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:58 am

OOC: good this is the chance i needed i didnt like the way this char was,the rp is too group based to be a serial killer,so ill wait for Vileclaw or Evil Pidgeon to get on and ask if i can set up a second guy.

IC:
Ghost frowned and left the group. Frowning as he went off into the distance and walked amongst the ferns and bushes, he decided to find a near by cave to become a bandit :D:D:D
Nienna garcia

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Name:Lestat De'vou
Race:Breton
six:Male
Birthsign:The Warrior

Skills:Long Blade,Heavy armor,block,speechcraft

General Appearance:
Height:6'1
Weight:230
Hair:long blone hair
Skin color:a light tan
Eyes:light grey
Build:muscular
Scars/tattoos:none
Sign:Warrior

Inventory:Iron Long Sword, Iron Cuirass,small cloth bag (20 gold)

Personality & Traits:Lestat is soft-spoken but with a deep voice,he is nice and valiant the only thing he loves more than combat is women. he allso has a fine taste in clothing,food,and wine.

Bio:Lestat's father was a Knight and his mother was a noble, the marrige was for alliances and the couple never truly loved each other, Being raised in his father's foot steps. as well as his shadow Lestat exceled in armed combat,seeing that his son was a chip off the old block, he had him trained since child hood,At around 16 Lestat decided he could no longer be just a minute piece in his father's wake so he traveled decided to travel to Vvardenfell to make his fortune,not wanting anything that would clain him his father's own lestat took only his own equipment

IC:
Lestat heard voices off in the distance,he had been wandering around this confusing swampland for hours,sneaking up as best he could Lestat came upon a group of people talking,waiting to see how dangerous the people are he watched with some curiosity.
Sharra Llenos

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:40 am

Havokk can you edit in your new character sheet above this post and change the names please, (sorry missed it because you were rushing my approval :P)
BethanyRhain

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:52 am

"A total of twenty does seem reasonable," Kraling said, "and you make some good points. We have little else beyond what we'd pay you." He turned to Kalthar. "I think slaver would have little use for us. It takes little to see you wouldn't easily bend to some slavemaster's will. I may not be tested, but I like to think the same of myself."

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched Ghost leave with little regret. Though his combat prowess seemed valuable, the risk did seem a little high. Simply put, he had been a psychopath.
Stephy Beck

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:56 pm

"You make a good point Dunmer but I have....learnt that bandits can take many shapes and forms, what about slavers then? You know yourself that they inhabit this land and they don't care much for who they capture whether it be an Argonian or Nord"

They most certainly would care. Nords take two to three times as long to break. Thought Ernil, although he had only ever encountered one Nordic slave he had heard stories of their notorious stubborness.

"Just because slavery is legal here that doesn't mean we go around clamping irons on the nearest outlander, we go to Black Marsh to do that. There are very few man or mer slaves, and those that do exist have normally indentured themselves or been born into slavery. You're kinsman is correct. You could dig a large hole, leave some moon sugar in the bottom and have half a dozen Khajiit slaves by nightfall. Any slavers willing to go to the trouble of disarming and subduing a Nord would be a foolhardy shower of fetchers."

You could always replace the moon sugar with a flagon of mead, Ernil chuckled inwardly. He'd already wasted too much time here though and the council club was a much more adequate setting for his, admittedly, poor quality stereotype humour. It was high time he got this group moving.

"I'm happy to answer more questions, but do you think you could ask them in transit? The Bitter Coast is certainly living up to it's name today and I'd rather be heading towards somewhere warm and dry."
Sarah MacLeod

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:52 pm

"I can certainly agree to that!" Kraling said. "We Nords don't much mind the cold, of course, but it's this damn swampy air getting to me. I'll have to get used to it or I could have some problems."

Kraling got ready to start off in earnest. At least if he was moving, he wouldn't have to think so much about how uncomfortable the swamp made him, what with the wet sag in the air and the stench. He doubted he'd ever be rid of the stench. He certainly couldn't wait to be in a city, where at least there were people, movement, freshness.
Sabrina Steige

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:57 am

"Very well then, I suppose you are right about it and if any slavers do happen to appear before we get there then I know who to turn to" he laughed to himself and the Dunmer "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name before, mines Kalthar by the way".

Kalthar slightly warmed to the man, but not by much. His courtesy was lacking in some respects simply because he wasn't used to showing it. When he talked it was if he was talking to friends, something he did often when drunk as he had previously shown at the inn. Just like Kraling said, Nords were used to the cold and this was no different with Kalthar. When he was younger he was forced to sleep out in the cold snow with nothing but rags on to keep him warm, it sort of grew on him as time went on and would never even realise unless someone mentioned how cold it was.
Rachael

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion