...But One Remains

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 am

"It's a pleasure to meet you Kalthar. My name is Ernil Llanari" Ernil gave a slight bow as he introduced himself.

Ernil beckoned the rest of the party, "Follow me please!" he shouted as he strode off to the north. He planned to take the group north to Hla Oad. They could camp near the relative safety of the fishing village if the night drew in, but if they made good time it may be possible to reach Balmora before nightfall.

"May I ask how you came to be travelling with that disagreeable Argonian?" Asked Ernil. He was relieved that he didn't have to travel alongside the frightning n'wah, but puzzled at how quick the group had been to turn their backs on the creature.
Rhysa Hughes

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:13 am

"May I ask how you came to be travelling with that disagreeable Argonian?"

Laurenne grimaced, she was relieved that they'd lost Ghost, the lizard had unnerved her. Creeping about and, on some occasions seeming quite violent.
"We... we met in the tradehouse in Seyda Neen. When we left, he sorta followed us, we couldn't really turn him away without some excuse."
She became silent for a few seconds, as if to let the infomation sink in, she sped up as she stopped talking, coming closer to the front of the group
"Anyway, he's gone now. I er.. never introduced myself, I'm Laurenne"
She grinned at Ernil
"So where are we going? Can we reach Balmora today?"
She was still a little suspicious of the helpful Dark Elf and her quizzing of their destination was an attempt to allay her suspicions slightly, she wanted to make sure their guide knew what he was doing and how honest he was being. So she watched for hesitation when he replied, hoping that her new aquaintance would prove to be a genuine guide.
Tamara Dost

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:01 am

Hearing a growl Lestat frowned and slid down the hill side. "Excuse me,folks!" Lestat yelled to the now distant party, he jogged up closer to the group, I appear lost, you wouldnt mind one more accompaning you would you? I can help with defenses." Lestat made his best smile. He waited with a hand on his sword hilt,not gripping but relaxed as he waited for an answer.
Taylah Illies

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:13 pm

"We... we met in the tradehouse in Seyda Neen. When we left, he sorta followed us, we couldn't really turn him away without some excuse." Answered the healer.

Ernil was pleased to hear that none of the group kept company with the Argonian, but wondered if any of them had known one another for long.

"Anyway, he's gone now. I er.. never introduced myself, I'm Laurenne" The girl's voice interrupted his thoughts. He turned his head and was struck by the thought that she was much more attractive than he had first realised. "Laurenne... Laurenne. You have a pretty name." He sounded the name out. Initially stressing the first syllable like the Dunmer name Lloran and then the second syllable as she had. The latter, softened version was much more fitting.

"So where are we going? Can we reach Balmora today?" Asked Laurenne.

"We are heading towards Hla Oad, the fishing village I mentioned. It is possible to reach Balmora today if we make good..." Ernil did not finish his sentence as he turned his attention to a shout from their rear. A man in an iron cuirass was jogging towards the group. Ernil scanned the surrounding area for any other signs of movement.

"I appear lost, you wouldnt mind one more accompanying you would you? I can help with defenses."

Ernil looked the newcomer over. "It's up to you guys. You're the ones paying for my services."
Kitana Lucas

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:10 am

Choosing to ignore the cliche comment, Laurenne appreciated the Dunmer's direct reply,

"We are heading towards Hla Oad, the fishing village I mentioned. It is possible to reach Balmora today if we make good..."

It troubled her slightly that they weren't headed straight for their destination and she mentally marked that as suspicious though Ernil was interrupted before he could explain himself by a Large Breton,

"I appear lost, you wouldnt mind one more accompanying you would you? I can help with defenses."

Ernil was the first to reply

"It's up to you guys. You're the ones paying for my services."

"So long as he pays a share... of the costs"
She said grinning happily, she was well aware that she didn't have much money and this was an oppurtunity to save some that she wouldn't let slip by
Its only a few coins, I'm sure this guy won't mind much...
sarah

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:28 am

"So long as he pays a share... of the costs"
Lestat neared the group as the woman's voice reached his ears. Slowing to a walk Lestat grinned. "Well what will these costs set me back?" Lestat asked. He looked over the group. An altmer, two Nords, A Breton, and a Dunmer. They all looked as well off as he did. which wasn't well,to say the least. Lestat eyed the blades on the hips of the two Nords. He grinned and said with a slightly different tone he asked. "Will it be much because i have few coins to spare." Lestat waited calmly for the reply.
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:28 am

Kraling was somewhat suspicious of the newcomer. Not only that, but he did feel a little odd all of the sudden. he had heard that Morrowind, and Vvardenfell in particular, was barren and very sparsely populated. yet at every turn they seemed to meet someone new. He looked at his group. They seemed capable, but they could perhaps use more help in an unfamilliar land...
Brittany Abner

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:48 am

"I think that we should accept this Dunmer." Angorion stated. It would mean we all have less to pay and he is armed. Chances are he is an addition not a liability. "I say we should continue the journey before night falls. I really don't want to be stuck out in the dark in a foreign land"
Stacey Mason

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:07 am

OOC: Sorry I've been off for a while. Busy few weeks XD

IC:

"Good point," Kraling said, "this place is unpleasant enough in the daytime."
CHangohh BOyy

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:23 am

OOC: Sorry for the short post, really busy at the moment

"Wait a minute, have you guys all lost your brains on the trip here?" he spurted out at the group after hearing of their sudden acceptance of the newcomer "This guy comes down the hill asking to join us and we just accept, we don't even know who he is"
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:35 pm

"This guy comes down the hill asking to join us and we just accept, we don't even know who he is"

Laurenne scratched her nose contemplatively, she was annoyed with the Nord and felt a quick flush of embarassment at his confrontational attitude so her reply was a snap;
"He's on his own, thats what matters. Its not like there are one or two of us, we're a big group who can afford to take on travellers, especially if they help pay for our guide."
She turned and, speaking to the newcomer said
"Sorry... we're paying this Ernil here 20 septims to take us to Balmora, if you come with us you'll have to pay your share."
Turning back, she crossed her arms, and frowned at Kalthar, hoping he'd comply and lay of the newcomer
Caution is good but it has its limits...
renee Duhamel

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:22 am

Laurennes sudden snap at him did make him back down slightly, something he never would have thought he would do with a woman. Maybe a Nord woman but certainly not one such as her She is quite the fiesty one, maybe she has some Nordic blood in her he thought to himself. As she turned and frowned he felt embarrased himself somewhat.
"Okay then, I'll give this guy a chance but if I see anything strange then you better watch your back" he said and stared at the newcomer. He turned back to Laurenne "I have no quarrel with paying my share, you?" he asked.
Madison Poo

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Still Bitter Coast Region

"I have no quarrel with paying my share, you?"

"None"
Laurenne tried to keep her voice severe as the Nord replied, she failed however as some of her elation at having won broke through
He backed down easily, maybe he saw sense...
She thought, quite pleased with herself. So it was with a more jovial tone that she announced,
"Okay... it seems to be pretty unanimous that we pay Ernil, now there are 5 of us, apart from Ernil... so long as our new friend is included so thats 2 septims each now and two when we reach Balmora"
naome duncan

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:56 am

"Okay then, I'll give this guy a chance but if I see anything strange then you better watch your back" he said and stared at the newcomer. He turned back to Laurenne "I have no quarrel with paying my share, you?" he asked.

Lestat frowned at the smaller Nord. "Dont threaten me, Or i will send you back to your frozen wastelands in peices." Lestat turned to the Breton woman,his angry glare turning to a genuine smile. "Well i'll pay that, My name is Lestat,and yours?" Lestat bowed slightly to her. And raised back up waiting for an answer. the Nord is a fool to think i would ask to join a large group just to rip him off. Lestat thought as the man continued to glare at him.
CORY

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 am

"Two each seems more than fair to get where we're going." Kraling said, taking out the two septims. "Welcome to the group."

He defintiewly admired Kalthar's caution, if not his over-aptitude to voice it, but he was downright astounded at Laurenne's ability to make him back down like that. Kalthar was visibly a tough-as-nails warrior, so if Laurenne could get him to back down from a conviction that easily, he began to wonder if magic was involved.
Daddy Cool!

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:54 pm

OOC Alright Master Valeres seems to have deserted us so a we assume that we are nearing Hla Olad... I don't have time to post properly right now but I shall in the morning.

IC
As the group rounded a final twist in the road, their first destination came into sight, the stilited huts of the small fishing village of Hla Olad were visible in the distance. At the same time, the sun was beginning to set and the ghostly forms of the moons were beginning to come into view, everyone would need to camp soon.
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:37 am

Lestat grinned as the town came into view. "Ah a Warm bed,a soft woman and cold alcohol for us eh?" lestat grinned at the group as they cam into the town. Lestat looked at everyone. "Where to now?" Lestat looked about as the last bustling of the small villiage died down.
glot

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:27 pm

"Well, we're headed off to Balmora. But I think that might have to wait until tomorrow." Kraling said. "After all, it's getting dark and I already have a bit of trouble here in the day. Imagine a strange land and being unable to see!"

The smell of rotting fish and wood were almost pleasant to him. It reminded him of the dingy stopoffs of his smuggling days. However, the past was behind him. He would miss it, but he wouldn't let it consume him.
Lily Something

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:44 pm

OOC: is this dead?
Roisan Sweeney

Post » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:45 pm

OOC: I wouldn't say so. I know that I've been real busy for my part, hence my own comparative inactivity. It'll probably kick up again in a little while.

IC:

Kraling walked the dingy streets, looking for some manner of inn. However, all of the buildings were simply stick huts, so it was difficult to tell what was what. Until he found it, he simply reveled in the fact that he was somewhere other than Seyda Neen, and he seriously hoped the mudhole was behind him forever.
CHARLODDE

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:10 am

OOC: Whee!! This hasn't gone as far as I thought it had... So Davian Hawkeye can still meet Nels Llendo!

IC: Oblivious to the not-so-distant threat, Davian continued his walk, moderately amused by the sudden shift in landscape after passing through a narrow valley in the ubiquitous crags and steep hills. Nothing was more happy than his sensitive nose, no longer assaulted by the horrible smell of the swamp, and warmly greeted by the unique flora of the new region. Everything was much nicer here, the road's cobblestones no longer submerged in marshy ground, some fences along the road that seemed to have no real purpose, but added a nice touch. Bright colors flourished from the variety of plants, which he had a natural appreciation of.

He rested at the first intersection, quite literally to stop and smell the flowers. Truly unique they were, but every time he stopped to examine one closer, another distracted his attention. Most of the flowers were either some shade of purple or yellow, and he wondered if any of them were fashionable to pin on a shirt lapel. The predominantly blue flowers were clearly not up to the task though, being too brittle and surprisingly heavy to wear as a fashion statement. The glowing blue flowers in the marsh had caught his attention, but as much as he appreciated beauty in nature, he would not wade waist-deep in muck just to pick a flower. Lakey's filled that role better.
Neil

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:18 am

OOC: Huh, what? I'm awake, I'm awake!

Hla Oad

The town sat quiet, peaceful, the only sound left as night fell were waves lapping against the docks. Light was cast by a handful of torches stuck into the ground, giving the town a red glow, and showing only one figure. Leaning against a large mossy tree that dominated the small town, sat a dunmer smoking a pipe, watching the ragged group enter the humble village of shacks.

With a sign, the man stood up, setting down the pipe. He reached down, pulled up a helmet, and pulled it down over his eyes. He reached down once more, strapping the crossbow he had sitting by him to his thigh. He stepped forward from the tree, revealing armor made of thick tan material, what the locals knew as bonemold. The guard stopped at about ten feet from the group, enough for him to react should they try anything. He gave a curt nod of his head and said to the group, in a thick voice carried by local Dunmer, "Greetings travelers, what brings you this far?"

Outside Of Pelagiod

Nels Llendo drew closer, each step carefully placed, trained by years of his hard work, each footfall silent, even to the sensitive ears of a Khajiit. But subtlety wasn't what made him famous. In his charming voice he boomed at the Khajiit, "Greetings friend! You are a very lucky man today! For it is I, the incredible Nels Llendo that you see before you!" He quickly held up a hand, preventing the traveler from responding, "Now now, I assure you, all those barbaric rumors you've heard of me are all but a myth. As you can see, I can be a very reasonable man. Now that we've been acquainted Mr..." He let the Khajiit speak his name, then continued, I have a friendly proposition for you."
Elea Rossi

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 am

To let anyone that is interested know, a remake is being done by XxHavokxX on this forum at http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=997413

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but just wanted to get the word out by putting this thread up for a few days.

Don't bother posting after this, this is post 198 ><

(I mention the number of the post, because that is sure to close the thread when it is nearing 200 without problems)
Courtney Foren

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion