[RELZ] Butcher Pete's Meat (Quest)

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Am I the only one that thinks it would by kind of funny if the entire shop was splattered in blood?

In a Monty Python kind of way.

"I never wanted to be a Barber, I wanted to be a Lumberjack"
Tania Bunic

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:35 am

Am I the only one that thinks it would by kind of funny if the entire shop was splattered in blood?

In a Monty Python kind of way.

"I never wanted to be a Barber, I wanted to be a Lumberjack"

Well it's Tenpenny Tower i think most of the residents would frown upon that especially Mr Tenpenny. I should probably add some more to the backroom though.
George PUluse

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:48 pm

The mod now has voice acting i still gotta do lip syncing but i'm not sure how long that'll take to fix so i figured i better put out everything i got now.

New in v1.1
- Added Voice Overs to Butcher Pete thanks to Tyana Rie for doing the voice

^_^

Nice choice.

Yeah, I'll download this. Looks amusing.
Alexandra walker

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 am

I meant to ask this a while ago but anyone got any ideas for the quest to do with the dead woman? I have it worked out that you'll inspect her body using your medicine skill and this gives you some information to start the quest.

Perhaps you could find out where she came from and go there. Once there, you can either go back to Pete and tell him, and he asks you to harvest/enslave the populace for extra money(maybe it's a vault and the meat tastes better and/or has lower rads), or you tell the populace what happened and they send you and a new companion to kill Pete. Once you get back to Tenpenny, a bunch of Tenppeny-allied women are there to defend him. Ooh, what if the woman's from Andale? Human-fed for that juiced-in human goodness. Not a very complex quest, granted. Maybe a good medic could diagnose a disease, something basic like iodine deficiency or scurvy, and this would trigger a basic fetch quest for good karma, turning in Purified Water and fresh vegetables, or engine parts for farming? Could spiral from there to allow yet another build your own town mod.

I'll give it some thought i got plenty of other stuff listed to do at the moment. Those would be very cool especially a butchers apron sadly i'd need to find a good modeler and texture artist to make them. Personally i'd rather stick away from Perks there's already too many reward ones for stats so unless they do something unique not really worth adding.

How about adding a an effect to the various human meats similar to Yao Guai meat that only activates with a "Carnal Desires" perk? Every time you eat human flesh, you get a boost to melee and unarmed damage for a few minutes. Perhaps increase it if you also have the Cannibal perk, or add extra damage specifically to humans? Cannibal flesh could also give a better boost. I know you don't want perks that boost stats, but this one is conditional and has RP value, and it gives a nice little extra for HtH players, something that's sorely lacking.
Maybe let your character harvest mince if he has Bloody Mess? Another idea would be, if you turn in enough slaves, Pete starts selling leather goods. Give them lower DR and weight than normal leather goods since human hide is thinner than cow hide, but add other bonuses, not sure what. I don't want to say melee and unarmed again, so maybe have them make you an ally of the Raiders and Slavers on account of being a bad dude, while setting Regulators against you. You don't need to use new models, though perhaps a lighter texture would be an idea. Not by any means essential though.

I'm slightly disturbed by how much thought I've given this...
Jacob Phillips

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Some interesting ideas thanks for the suggestions. Currently in v1.1 i added the ability to examine the dead woman which is based on your medicine skill. If it's 76 or higher you find out she's from Rivet City although that can easily be changed. I like the vault idea and it could explain why she's still lying around. Pete being a wasteland guy doesn't know much about the vaults and discovering her non radiated body he's curious to find out the source from where she came.

Building a vault from scratch would be annoying and time consuming but i wonder vaults would have generalized construction specs would they not? So technically i could just copy an in game one and modify it somewhat to make it slightly different.

I didn't know about the city of Andale but that gives me a great idea. I could add in that you do meat deliveries for Pete to the Andale residents. I like the idea about mince meat when you got the bloody mess perk but i think most people get rid of it because in all honesty it does get extremely annoying to have everything explode.

I like the idea about eating meat to get bonuses but i don't know i'd like there to be more to it than that. I can't think of how to add to that right now though.

The leather goods idea isn't bad but i actually had another quest mod idea which i hadn't given all that much thought yet. It involves a group of people running a human Brahmin farm where the slaves are milked and slaughtered for meat and leather. You might say i'm disturbed but since Fallout 3 is such a mature game i figure it's nice to bring the evil sinister dark side of the wasteland to light.
His Bella

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:07 am

Well, Pete could sell the leather goods, too. It'd also probably be better to add them an existing mod first to test for balance issues than have poor items be a black mark on a new mod. And yes, quite disturbed, but then everyone's weird in some way. Perhaps you could add dialogue in Paradise Falls to buy slaves for slaughter or farming from them? A briast-milk fetch quest in Little Lamplight would be good, too. As for Bloody Mess mince, I agree that it can be annoying, but it makes sense to have this effect if you do have it. Only problem is, I don't have it but with modded items like the Railway Shotgun, people tend to get minced like burger meat anyway. I've got to go now, but I'll be back later.
sally R

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Well truthfully i never intended to actually add armor to the mod. If i did add armor i'd probably get a modeler or texture artist to do some work. I don't believe too heavily in taking original armor slapping on new stats and calling it a new product. As for balance thats not exactly hard when you have some 30 or so sets of armor in the original game to base it off.

Adding buyable slaves to Paradise Falls isn't a bad idea. Although gotta wonder if it's worth it. After all the average slave is 250 to 500 caps. Currently i got a humans turned into meat marked as 500 caps. There isn't such a high profit margin in it really.

I dispise the Little Lamplighters with a passion, those kids are just so rude. I took my evil character and enslaved the entire town of the little brats.
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:46 am

I have an idea for a funny reward. If you bring him X k meat he will teach you his signature cut. This will be a perk that will add 1-2 special pieces of meat when ever you harvest. The "prime/signature cuts" will be .3 in weight and have only 1 rad but have the same HP content.

It will be even better if you can make a script that makes it so that there is a 25% chance that you find it in any NPC that you kill instead of harvest.

You can make it more interesting by him telling you that he will only teach you if you become a cannibal.
Kelly John

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:23 am

Further perks huh?
special weapon "meat hook" is almost a requirement...

Ok, well a butcher always has a collection of knives that they won't be caught dead without. Each knife should give a distinct advantage over certain opponents: For those big super muties with their stringy meat you use the cleaver,
on ghouls who's meat is soo tender it falls off by itself you use the fillet knife (which increases along with the finesse perk)
the butchers apron should give a small bonus to agility because you can wipe your hands off and aren't as clumsy because of it.
meat grinder (new item) adds some weight to the meat packages because other body parts can be added into the fray -well, what did you think hamburger meat was made out of?
medical skill: the higher it is the more meat you harvest (knowledge of anatomy) doubles with a meat grinder.
Delicacies would be:
tounge
brain
nice piece of liver
deep fried earlobes

Acolyte all of sudden has the munchies and asked a friend over for diner, with a nice Chianti :evil:
Andy durkan

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:04 am

I have an idea for a funny reward. If you bring him X k meat he will teach you his signature cut. This will be a perk that will add 1-2 special pieces of meat when ever you harvest. The "prime/signature cuts" will be .3 in weight and have only 1 rad but have the same HP content.

It will be even better if you can make a script that makes it so that there is a 25% chance that you find it in any NPC that you kill instead of harvest.

You can make it more interesting by him telling you that he will only teach you if you become a cannibal.

Now thats the kind of perk ideas i was looking for. That sounds pretty good and the prime cuts can have some special bonuses to make them more desirable to eating. Not sure i'd want to add it to NPCs without harvesting though.

Further perks huh?
special weapon "meat hook" is almost a requirement...

Ok, well a butcher always has a collection of knives that they won't be caught dead without. Each knife should give a distinct advantage over certain opponents: For those big super muties with their stringy meat you use the cleaver,
on ghouls who's meat is soo tender it falls off by itself you use the fillet knife (which increases along with the finesse perk)
the butchers apron should give a small bonus to agility because you can wipe your hands off and aren't as clumsy because of it.
meat grinder (new item) adds some weight to the meat packages because other body parts can be added into the fray -well, what did you think hamburger meat was made out of?
medical skill: the higher it is the more meat you harvest (knowledge of anatomy) doubles with a meat grinder.
Delicacies would be:
tounge
brain
nice piece of liver
deep fried earlobes

Acolyte all of sudden has the munchies and asked a friend over for diner, with a nice Chianti :evil:

Some nice ideas the delicacies would work well with Rantalots idea for prime meat cuts. The weapons i'd have to get someone to do the models for me though since i'm no modeler. Medicine skill having an effect on harvesting meat is a good idea.
dav

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 am

I think I have delivered 2000 meat so far and I have a hard time believing the folks at the tower are that hungry. We got to become business partners with Pete and expand to Andale lol.
Marie

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm

I think I have delivered 2000 meat so far and I have a hard time believing the folks at the tower are that hungry. We got to become business partners with Pete and expand to Andale lol.

Yep that's the plan i didn't even know about the town until it was mentioned earlier. Realistically though there's some 20 floors or so of people so they'd go through alot of food. Especially if Pete is their primary meat supplier. Don't forget to check out the Curious Looking Strange Meat next to the radio that'll tell ya for sure how much you've turned in.
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 am

Considering how enthusiastic you are about this mod (which makes me very happy) I am gona go to bed thinking up of small quests you can add. I think this mod has the potential to truly flesh out cannibalism in the game, but it will need a bit more content then meat runs and cool new items and perks.

Thanks for doing this for us by the way. We really don't say this to you moders enough, we really appreciate your work.
Emilie Joseph

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Considering how enthusiastic you are about this mod (which makes me very happy) I am gona go to bed thinking up of small quests you can add. I think this mod has the potential to truly flesh out cannibalism in the game, but it will need a bit more content then meat runs and cool new items and perks.

Thanks for doing this for us by the way. We really don't say this to you moders enough, we really appreciate your work.

I very much enjoy modding its actually almost more enjoyable than playing the game (which i haven't done for a month since i'm waiting on Broken Steel). I also love writing stories which i do quite often as a hobby. Generally when i start modding projects for any game i like to work on them very very heavily using most of my free time to build them until their complete to my satisfaction. If you don't like modding you should not be doing it. You should enjoy it and should be passionate about it otherwise your wasting your time. People rarely stop to say thank you for anything so i always try to gouge the thanks by the amount of downloads/views on things. Still it's nice to hear those words every now and then.

I really hate how there's so few quests in fallout 3 and now that i've taken a dip into the water to see how it's done i'm pretty confident i can do more. Seeing how people are willing to do voice overs also makes me feel better about doing quest mods since i dislike silent characters.

Cannibalism was pretty short in the game despite the kind of major part it should play in a nuke desimated time. When i decided to end up taking the cannibalism perk for my evil characters i went and modified it to make it much more desirable. I changed it in various ways combining a variety of mods that worked on cannibalism that didn't do it to my liking. I've always had a taste for evil in games and always find it much more desirable especially when the benefits far outweigh being good. Not to mention the majority of people always like focusing on "the good" character. Occasionally someone needs to put a foot down and say i'm making stuff for the pure evil.

I look forward to your ideas i still need to decide on what the vault did the dead woman came from. Although this project started as a simple turn in quest i would like to add several side missions that add some extra gameplay to an already awesome game. I just wonder when i can move on to my other idea this one looks to be keeping me busy for quite a while.
Kate Norris

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 am

Make it hideous for us LFox. More blood and gore in the back room. It looks too "sterile". I would drop some of the dripping blood soundFX that they use with gore bags in there.
Tenpenny can just get over it...up there wasting ammo. He don't want me as his decorator that's for sure!

Tyana Rie's VA versatility is impressive as always. :goodjob:

I didn't get very far only because I got killed somewhere along the way, :stare: .....but I look forward to playing thru and keeping an eye on this one. The ideas I've read about the dead girl sound good so far. Keep up the good work!
Cameron Wood

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I made a note to add more blood and gore to the back room. I'm still getting used to decorating in the GECK i swear the sims is so much easier. Although honestly decorating has never been one of my strong suites. I got an entire notepad of stuff listed to add/fix/change sadly there's only one of me. I had just finally emptied it when i released v1.1 except for 2 small items.
Chris Duncan

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:19 am

I like the mod, but I personally think pete should look older and gruffer, he just looks young and not creepy at all.
Luis Reyma

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 am

I like the mod, but I personally think pete should look older and gruffer, he just looks young and not creepy at all.

Nah, Pete is a player. If you listen to the song, he's a lady's man. If he looked TOO gruff then it wouldn't fit. Sure the lock up would have changed him, but not that much. In a way, he's kinda like that dentist from little shop of horrors. lol

Looks like you got your sound OP.. sounds good too so I guess there is no need for mine. On the note of quests, have you explained yet how he escaped?
flora

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:14 am

I updated Pete's looks in v1.1 so he looks a lot older now. His previous look was simply a copy of an NPC from the base game so i could get him into the game and working.

Nah, Pete is a player. If you listen to the song, he's a lady's man. If he looked TOO gruff then it wouldn't fit. Sure the lock up would have changed him, but not that much. In a way, he's kinda like that dentist from little shop of horrors. lol

Looks like you got your sound OP.. sounds good too so I guess there is no need for mine. On the note of quests, have you explained yet how he escaped?

Yeah sorry about. Tyana Rie had an absolute perfect voice for it. Although i named him butcher Pete i'd consider him another person it's more a play on the song name.
Samantha Wood

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:41 am

LFox you mentioned something about your other idea for a mod so what is it?

Ok here are some of my ideas. I will not be too specific nor will I be hurt if you do not implement them. If you want me to be specific I can be, but I think you'll enjoy it more if you fill in the gaps.

Pete needs an assistant after so many thousands units of meat. Naturally there are problems with a person like Pete getting an assistant. You will need to "convert" someone to his ways

Now this might not sound impressive at first but think of how evil you can make this! You can track down hungry refugees, kill one and feed him to the other. You can kill one and persuade the other to eat his now dead companion (give him a special carving knife), or you can have Pete give you an arm or a leg and you would travel around searching for individuals hungry enough to eat it. I actually have a very dark idea for this so if you have trouble with specifics I will gladly help out. The best thing is that I think you will be able to get all of the dialogue from the beggars and those poor souls captured by super mutants.

The second one is a bit more comical and less dark, but every horror flick needs some humor. I was thinking about making a new faction to hunt you after you sell 10k meat. Mothers Against Cannibalism. This faction will naturally be reserved for the ladies, I think getting them all to wear Red's jumpsuit will be interesting and be armed with flamers would be interesting.
Can this be done with the regulator/talon company game assets? Otherwise it would be too much work I think.
Laura Simmonds

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:54 pm

UPDATE
I've done Lip Syncing for Butcher Pete thanks to Crow Bennett's incredible tutorial. The lip syncing doesn't seem perfect in some places but you can blame the actual lip syncing generator for that not me. I've added the lip files for download as a small addon package which will be bundled in with the audio on the next update. I figured it was better than unecessarily redownloading 20mb.

@Rantalot
Some interesting ideas i like the idea of searching for a helper. Although i'm not so sure about converting them. I think it'd be better to go track down a cannibal or something instead.

Making people hunt you after X amount of meat isn't a bad idea. Might be better to add in a special group of regulators though that come after you. I don't think i want to go too humurous with things. The regulators would no doubt be the ones to hear about your deeds since their the high and mighty peace keepers.

Right now i'm in need of a location to put a vault entrance. As well as a backstory of its experiment should the need arise. I plan to duplicate vault 101 and maybe modify it a bit then populate it with NPCs that you'll be forced to go hostile against. This vault is generally the same idea as what Amata has for 101 the door stays open. A handful of people come and go to get new supplies and what not.
Justin

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Right now i'm in need of a location to put a vault entrance. As well as a backstory of its experiment should the need arise. I plan to duplicate vault 101 and maybe modify it a bit then populate it with NPCs that you'll be forced to go hostile against. This vault is generally the same idea as what Amata has for 101 the door stays open. A handful of people come and go to get new supplies and what not.

Why not feed the GARY'S with it?

Have a never ending army of "well-fed" Garys at your disposal, but that would require changing the faction etc and maybe AI and stuff?

:shrug: I dunno I make stuff Glow and do Voices :P

Don't want to suggest the mod into oblivion or sound like a "Customander"
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Why not feed the GARY'S with it?

Have a never ending army of "well-fed" Garys at your disposal, but that would require changing the faction etc and maybe AI and stuff?

:shrug: I dunno I make stuff Glow and do Voices :P

Don't want to suggest the mod into oblivion or sound like a "Customander"

The vault is to do with the quest for the dead woman. Pete will send you there to harvest the untainted vault meat so you basically run through killing everyone in sight. As for feeding gary's i think i'd rather have the meat sold to less insane people like those in Andale. By the way i'm gonna need you to do more voice overs once i've gotten all the dialog written out.
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:00 am

The vault is to do with the quest for the dead woman. Pete will send you there to harvest the untainted vault meat so you basically run through killing everyone in sight. As for feeding gary's i think i'd rather have the meat sold to less insane people like those in Andale. By the way i'm gonna need you to do more voice overs once i've gotten all the dialog written out.

Cool, PM when you need them :)

I'm liking the Andale tie-in that Nidokoenig mentioned and the Perks that Rantalot suggested too :)

For a vault location?

Maybe down in the lower left quadrant?

The area around Dunwich or between Dunwich and Tenpenny, the lower left quadrant of the map is kind of empty IMO

the Upper left quadrant is pretty barren too, but extremely rocky and mountainy
Angus Poole

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Cool, PM when you need them :)

I'm liking the Andale tie-in that Nidokoenig mentioned and the Perks that Rantalot suggested too :)

For a vault location?

Maybe down in the lower left quadrant?

The area around Dunwich or between Dunwich and Tenpenny, the lower left quadrant of the map is kind of empty IMO

the Upper left quadrant is pretty barren too, but extremely rocky and mountainy

I think I'll have the player bring the Andale offer to Pete would make more sense and work better with the quest continuity. After all how's Pete going to know about some village in the middle of nowhere.

Now that you mention it that section is rather barren it certainly would be a good spot to put a vault in.
SamanthaLove

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3