I Can't Believe I Never Knew This!

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:40 pm

I've been playing Fallout 3 for years and New Vegas since it came out a day or so ago and I NEVER EVER knew that you can click the little arrows at the top of a trade screen to sort by item type.

Oh... My... God... Becky. Look at that list... *dum dum dum dum* I like BIG BUTTONS and I can not lie!

*kills himself and then the hostages*
D IV

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Hey! I'm part of society. Don't blame me.

lol... how'd you miss that, seriously? It would be a royal pain in the behind if you had to go through the full inventory every time. lol
Josh Dagreat

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 am

I've been playing Fallout 3 for years and New Vegas since it came out a day or so ago and I NEVER EVER knew that you can click the little arrows at the top of a trade screen to sort by item type.

Oh... My... God... Becky. Look at that list... *dum dum dum dum* I like BIG BUTTONS and I can not lie!

omg omg omg on the bus on way home after picking up my NV while bored and reading manual on bus I found out you can bind weapons/gear to number keys and also now find out fallout 3 had it too I was swapping gear and weapons through the pip boy the whole game through I spent more time swapping gear and using stim packs in my pip boy and repairing/dropping stuff to not go over max weight than I did having fun playing

I feel sooooooooooooooo stupid right now......
chloe hampson

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:29 am

umm u probably should have kept it to yourself, your gonna get alot of negative feedback aka TROLLS l
Fiori Pra

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:27 am

:) No worries Avaton, I'm sure plenty of people didn't know that. Thx for sharing!
Imy Davies

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:37 am

Hey! I'm part of society. Don't blame me.

Ok I'll let you slide this time. :D

It would be a royal pain in the behind if you had to go through the full inventory every time. lol

Yes. Yes it was. I remember thinking a year or so ago that someone should make a mod for sorting inventory. Ahh youth...
jessica breen

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:15 am

And for us PC users, you can also browse trough the categories with the left and right arrow buttons.
mishionary

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:54 am

OMG WHUT! I never knew this... This will help out so much.
Taylah Haines

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:28 pm

OMG WHUT! I never knew this... This will help out so much.

I'm not alone?

*stops shaving his hands and looks around the closet nervously*
Racheal Robertson

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm

You do also know that you can turn on flaslight by holding the pip-boy button, and drink water continously by holding the activation button next to water source? Those two are often missed functions too (and it took me a while to figure that second one out :blush:).
bimsy

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:53 pm

You do also know that you can turn on flaslight by holding the pip-boy button, and drink water continously by holding the activation button next to water source? Those two are often missed functions too (and it took me a while to figure that second one out :blush:).

I got the Pipboy light thing from the manual I think but it took me a couple of months to realize I could hold down the E key and drink continuously. Did it by accident and was all like :o
Danger Mouse

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Never knew about continuous drinking, thank you!
Flash

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:03 pm

:) No worries Avaton, I'm sure plenty of people didn't know that. Thx for sharing!

I'm one of them. I played Fallout 3 on the 360, so I knew how to sort items there, but I couldn't figure it out on the PC. Now I know.
Claire Vaux

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:14 am

Hey, don't feel so bad.... I'm sure there are people out there that still don't know that holding down the Pip-Boy button turns on the light!

[Edit] I probably should have read the rest of the responses... already mentioned... doh!

[Edit2] Never knew about continuous drinking either... and I READ the manual! LOL...
Ashley Campos

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:03 pm

WOW, I knew about the pipboy light, but everything else here in this post is pretty much news to me, LOL :shrug: (there are no stupid questions, only stupid people who refuse to ask questions :brokencomputer: )
renee Duhamel

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Realy... you can drink water continously?
Everardo Montano

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Really... you can drink water continuously?

I didn't know that either. Funky. I cant begin to imagine how much time I wasted in FO3 drinking that irradiated water next to the bomb to get enough rads for Moiras quest line. E, Dainty Sip, wait for animation, E, Dainty Sip, wait for animation, etc. Heh

As for the inventory sorting, the only reason I know about that is I requested the function in a mod thread when FO3 first came out. /facepalm
Ricky Meehan

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 am

Another trade screen hint: If you have the PC version and a mouse wheel on your mouse, point at (but do not click) an item on either the left side or the right side. Then move your mouse wheel up
or down. The list of goods for for the side you pointed at will then move up or down with the mouse. I smacked my forehead especially hard when I discovered this because I was getting really tired of clicking to move the items up and down.
Taylor Tifany

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:49 pm

I'm not alone?

*stops shaving his hands and looks around the closet nervously*

Nope, I didn't know it either. No biggie for me, I don't mind browsing inventory. I feel bad for the guy/gal that didn't know about the hot keys.

I am very dependent on those, use them all for weapons.

Edit: Didn't know about the continuous drinking of water.......after beating FO3 five times.

Fail.
Stryke Force

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:30 pm

This is why i want a "Did you know" sticky for FO:NV.

Full of all the little useful tips you never know about (because no-one knows them all)

Mine for instance (stupid one i know) was i didn't know you could attack multiple times in VATS. I.E. everytime i attacked in VATS it was one shot, VATS again, another shot and so on till i ran out of AP. 2 and a bit years later while watching a video on YT i realised i could attack multiple times. me = idiot.
Sheila Reyes

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:32 am

I didn't know that either. Funky. I cant begin to imagine how much time I wasted in FO3 drinking that irradiated water next to the bomb to get enough rads for Moiras quest line. E, Dainty Sip, wait for animation, E, Dainty Sip, wait for animation, etc. Heh

did mostly the same thing for that quest, I didn't drink the water but just stood in the puddle next to the bomb for a couple of minutes getting irradiated 2rads per second. I would get up and do somthing else for a minute. (except for one time I came back and was dead) but it goes so much faster when you realize you can drink continuously.

Its this kind of information that they should put on those loading screens instead of the lame hints you can figure out on your own.
Annika Marziniak

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:06 am

Another little-known tip--F1, F2, and F3 are direct shortcuts to the PIPboy tabs!
jaideep singh

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Do you know how long it took me to find my pipboy light?

lets just say I stumbled around in the dark a lot, until not too long ago.

a lot

thanks to the forums, I was finally brave enough to ask the dumb question.

And they laughed. Oh, how they laughed :)
josh evans

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:31 am

I've had Fallout 3 since release day and only just realized that activating a tame Brahmin while in sneak mode makes your character push it over. Did you guys know that?
Jarrett Willis

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Hah!

I just noticed something in the manual. Just under where it tells you to hit V for VATS... it says "hold to scan"

Does anyone know what this is referring to?
Daramis McGee

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas