Crysis 2 PC fixes & info [Updated 16th April]

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:00 pm

Please add this thread to the list about AI issues:

http://www.gamesas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12458

And if you want, this one too about the in-game console:

http://www.gamesas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12445

But at least add the AI one, because it's an annoying issue that breaks immersion.
Laura Cartwright

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:39 pm

Hi I get a memory allocation error. What is it? Any solutions? The game crashed when the intro is starting, so after the submarine-scene(where I haven′t any textures)
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:02 am

****,where is my dx11?
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:19 am

i had som issues with the multiplayer , i couldnt connect to any game online and then i turnde off mu upnp in my router settings and i was able to connect to every game :) someting u ppl chould try if u have the same issues as i was , just a tip .. cheers
El Khatiri

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Promo code It worked but i still was only at level 2 and had to work to get to level 5 to unlock my limited edition stuff? Is this correct

2nd issue PVP What is going on with the no starting of matches I spent 40 mins jumping from server to server last night all of them hung up. Why do they not start?????????

Edit forgot to mention I had to enter the product code to access Multiplayer again 2 x now~ yes it worls but i hope i do not have to do this everytime I want access to multiplayer

GPMG

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:47 pm

Where is INVERT MOUSE and ADVANCED OPTIONS IN GRAPHICS. The motion blur is ridiculous.
lydia nekongo

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:55 am

FFS don't any of you "gamers" know how to go to a config file and modify it? Yeah it svcks there's no menu interface but I have tweaked the game to my likings in the config file.....all you have to do is google "crysis 2 tweaks" and you can turn off blur set your AA, turn of mouse smoothing....all kinds of settings. The game plays like a dream once you tweak it to what you want. Again....you shouldn't have to but it's a work around that makes the game much more enjoyable.
Gavin Roberts

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Well itleast the say there is a few problems. But still no word on dx11(which will not help this game anyways) and still no word on when we can expect a multiplayer fix.
No Name

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:08 am

I hope that with the spamming they at least read my posts....

Oh and BTW: Where is DX11?
Quick Draw III

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Please don't spam the forums otherwise you prevent other users from getting their posts read and we don't want to have to lock topics that could prove useful to others.
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:26 am

Please don't spam the forums otherwise you prevent other users from getting their posts read and we don't want to have to lock topics that could prove useful to others.

Mmm ok. Btw can you answer my question? I think that it would be helpful and would stop the questions. It′s just my idea...

Krista Belle Davis

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 pm

This has probably been reported already but there's a REALLY annoying bug in the PC version. When you die, melee just randomly stops working and the only way to fix it (as far as I know) is to quit the game and start again. It's really annoying because I'm playing the game on post-human and I wanna play around and try stuff. I need to constantly boot the game again. :/
Nicole M

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to report problems. These are my findings on PC single player: hardest difficulty running on a ASUS G73JH laptop @ 1920 x 1080 on high graphical settings with vsync off.

- Jump button when pressed is not a instant response, there is a slight delay.
- My gun sometimes stops shooting even though the ammo counter says there are still bullets in the clip -- like as if its a jam. Once that happens, the reload button doesn't work so I have to use the mouse scroll to swap weapons and back, attempt another reload and the process happens again. Sometimes its stuck forever.
- The quick nanosuit menu selection is not accurate and responsive when you move your mouse to select armour, stealth, binops, nano catalyst, etc. Its actually worse compared to the first Crysis.
- In Semper Fi or Die, where you are extracting with Delta team, the soldiers keeps yelling out "MOVE UP, GO!!!", gets annoying after a while.
- Some of the maps when you try to pick off a target from a distance, it doesn't hit the enemy because there appears to be "invisible polygons" (not sure if anyone gets this, apologies).
- Melee button sometimes doesn't work even if the suit has power.
- Sprint function sometimes fails to respond even if the suit has power.
- Why are there no customisable graphics settings where we are only left with preset ones?
- Where is DX11?
- Why does the game play a video cinematic scene then load to another stage, couldn't you have combined it together like how Call of Duty does it? Reduces waiting time.
- Why is there no prone function in the game this time? Makes sniping useless without it.

Will compile more findings later.

tannis

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:35 am

I think the PC gaming community deserves a definitive answer on whether or not Crytek will include future Directx11 support for this game. Or at the least, an in-game menu that allows you to tweak graphic settings.

Thank you.
this.. and you guys have no right to treat us like pile of horse **** when it comes to dx11.. u guys kept saying it supported dx11.. where is it? WHERE??????

EA and theyre little bich called Crytec is in it for the money sadly enough.

**** consumers then make love to cash. god damn basterds
Andres Lechuga

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:06 pm

My servers searching filter never saves, it always shows lost of emty servers. advice?
Lisha Boo

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 am

-Where is DX11? (How can you not say anything about this at this time? The only reason I can think of is that there is bad news and you don't want to spoil sales with negative news in the period right after launch. But this is getting quite annoying...).
-Why can I hardly tweak anything from the graphics menu? Not only the usual graphics options EVERY PC game has, but also disable motion blur. And I'd also like to disable the "edges" around object that you can interact with. That really degrades the look of the game and makes me feel like some kid console player.

Amy Melissa

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:18 am

-Where is DX11?
-Why can I hardly tweak anything from the graphics menu? Not only the usual graphics options EVERY PC game has, but also disable motion blur. And I'd also like to disable the "edges" around object that you can interact with. That really degrades the look of the game and makes me feel like some kid console player.′

Exactly!
Christie Mitchell

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:17 am

Crytek still live with DX 10 ,they dont know for DirectX 11
Céline Rémy

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 am

No servers works..This launch is just great.. LOVE YA ALL
john page

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:33 pm

I love how under "know PC issues" they don't even mention the lack of Directx11. Now THAT is funny.
ashleigh bryden

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:27 am

This games is a huge dissapointment. Firstly, are you kidding me with Direct X 9. I dropped $50 because this was suppose to be DX 11 and there would be a patch right at release. Where is the DX 11 support, which we were all promised?!?! When is it coming out???? Also, the flickering problem with multi GPU's is a joke! The graphics on the character and vehicles is Playstation one caliber!!! This game reminds me of Fear 2 - a complete sellout to the console community!

This is realy big dissapointment , i read all this problems and **** and ... i am realy dissapointed , but the only thing we need to do now is to wait for patches , maybe they will add DX11 support and maybe they will fix all the GPU problems , we just need to wait ... i dont know how much but we cant do anything else .. can we ?
just for now all we need to stay calm and see what is comming next.
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:17 am

FFS don't any of you "gamers" know how to go to a config file and modify it? Yeah it svcks there's no menu interface but I have tweaked the game to my likings in the config file.....all you have to do is google "crysis 2 tweaks" and you can turn off blur set your AA, turn of mouse smoothing....all kinds of settings. The game plays like a dream once you tweak it to what you want. Again....you shouldn't have to but it's a work around that makes the game much more enjoyable.

Yes that is an solution , but many users are not expert to this things xD , so the menu could be better with Advanced Settings , so all the user can have access to anything they want , like the Motion blur .
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to report problems. These are my findings on PC single player: hardest difficulty running on a ASUS G73JH laptop @ 1920 x 1080 on high graphical settings with vsync off.

- Jump button when pressed is not a instant response, there is a slight delay.
- My gun sometimes stops shooting even though the ammo counter says there are still bullets in the clip -- like as if its a jam. Once that happens, the reload button doesn't work so I have to use the mouse scroll to swap weapons and back, attempt another reload and the process happens again. Sometimes its stuck forever.
- The quick nanosuit menu selection is not accurate and responsive when you move your mouse to select armour, stealth, binops, nano catalyst, etc. Its actually worse compared to the first Crysis.
- In Semper Fi or Die, where you are extracting with Delta team, the soldiers keeps yelling out "MOVE UP, GO!!!", gets annoying after a while.
- Some of the maps when you try to pick off a target from a distance, it doesn't hit the enemy because there appears to be "invisible polygons" (not sure if anyone gets this, apologies).
- Melee button sometimes doesn't work even if the suit has power.
- Sprint function sometimes fails to respond even if the suit has power.
- Why are there no customisable graphics settings where we are only left with preset ones?
- Where is DX11? (Empty promises and false hopes?)
- Why does the game play a video cinematic scene then load to another stage, couldn't you have combined it together like how Call of Duty does it? Reduces waiting time.
- Why is there no prone function in the game this time? Makes sniping useless without it.

Will compile more findings later.

Many of those things are called symptoms of a PORT and not an actual PC game. Crysis 2 fail
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:52 am

Discovered a Texture (Loading) Bug, don't know if you already know about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KOlBTf03gU
Pumpkin

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:14 am

Cry-Adam I CANT DOWNLOAD THE FREAKIN DAY 1 PATCH I JUST CANT FIX IT PLZ I JUST CANT PLAY ONLYNE WITHOUT THE DAY 1 PATCH...AM I THE ONLY ONE?????IT MAKES ME PUNCH THE MONITOR AND GO MAXIMUN STRENGTH ON THE COMPUTER TOWER AND TROW IT DOWN HILL .........BUT SERIOUSLY FIX IT I CANT PLAY ONLINE WITHOUT THE PATCH...........
Bereket Fekadu

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis