Crysis 2 PC fixes & info [Updated 16th April]

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 pm

My servers searching filter never saves, it always shows lost of emty servers. advice?

THIS. IS. FRUSTRATING! Server search options should be remembered so you don't have to enter them every time. Also, I find the lack of continuity in controls frustrating. Example: the crouch button is a toggle control, but aim down the sight must be held. Not a huge issue but a toggle ADS option would be nice.

Also, DX11. Please.
Stacy Hope

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:09 pm

How about an improved lobby system? A group of nine people stayed on one ranked server for over twenty minutes and the game never started. If there are people in game playing, how about a timer? Or hell, let us join an in-progress game?

Also, fix multi-GPU please. I've tried everything sans disabling the second GPU (which I shouldn't have to) and I get awful flickering. I'm probably not going to play until this is fixed. It's 2011 and multi-gpu is a must in any PC game.
Tamika Jett

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:21 am

I would rather deal with the problems that you guys have!
My game crashes when I click multiplayer. So I can't even play online. I am trying to find related topics within the forums, but for the most part, everyone seems to at least be able to get into the multiplayer component of the game. My SP works just fine, weird that MP crashed. I would really appreciate some help please.
Bellismydesi

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:39 am

directx 11 would be awesome n all but in my case , I just want what I paid for. Which I still have yet to get.
Yea sure my transaction went through on the website for my pre-purchase dlc. But does it relay that to my account in the game...NOPE.
Yea I opened my firewall just for you guys cause there is no direct port number...good feeling behind that.
Tried the ol CAPS vs noncaps...newp..still in use. I'm guessing when I finally do get the product I paid for it wont matter cause I am frankly already tired of this game. This doesnt mean I don't want MY part of the deal. you got your money, I want my product...get your s*** together
Stay-C

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:05 am

I've bought this game "Limited edition" in 22 march. I've activated 2 keys in gamesas.com for getting a platinum dg-tag and digital camo to SCAR, but at the moment i didn't get them all. Unfortunatelly EA releases bad games: i mean like in BC2 and here sence multiplayer demo nothing is changed. Still in Crysis 2 the double sound effect in menu wasn't fixed, high pings, a lot of blur and by the way you can't change the graphics. In game only graphic levels are "hardcoe" / Maximum/ High, and no additional options and no chance to turn off blur. Thanx to Crytek and EA, i payed my money for buggy games. Next time i'll really think before buying games from EA.
Jason King

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:14 am

Aim assist needs to be a server option and gamepads need to disable mouses in gameplay. No aim assist is too hard to compete with in MP game for controller guys.

Crytek please make a solution that makes both players happy.

Thanks.
T. tacks Rims

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:07 am

VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAYS ABOUT THE RAGE LEVELS?

- It's over NINE THOUSAND!
Roberta Obrien

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:04 am

GOD!!!! Everybody STFU!!!!!!! all i hear is "direct x 11" WAAAAAAA, "console port" WAAAAAAAAA, "settings/motion blur" WAAAAAAAAA, "the game won't scratch my ass and blow me" WAAAAAAAA. First I'll say if it bothers you that much that a game is multi-platform or according to you a "port"(which is stupid cuz they came out at the same time) then I tell you what. Hold your breath for the next game that is exclusive to the PC and that is worth anything. You'll end up playing MMORPG/RPG and RTS games all your life, even though some of those are going multi as well. GET OVER IT. You should have waited to buy the game instead of pre-ordering it and expecting it to be the perfect game that, for some reason, you expect. That goes for the DX11 douches too. WTF? Sure I agree it should have DX11 from the start but it didn't, so tough. Its only been out for a couple of days. Wait a little, JESUS!!! I understand that these are forums and that they're here for everybody to express ideas and opinions, but stop beating a dead horse to oblivion. I am sure CRYTEK is working on something right now to address these issues. If they don't, THEN you can complain until your blue in the face. As far as the setting/motion blur goes, I also agree. I was a bit perplexed that you cannot customize detailed....details, though I dont see where the motion blur took away from game. I got over it and played, finished, and enjoyed the campaign. It looked beautiful and ran smoothly on my mediocre system. I'm happy in spite of the handful of issues. THESE are some of the reasons why PC gaming is on the decline. Companies don't want the endless **** and headaches from dealing with jerk off PC gamers that have a chip on their shoulders. and before you people start calling me noob or troll or console lover or whatever the hell stupid ass nicknames that you have in your arsenal of idiocracy, I am exclusively a pc gamer. I boycotted Microsoft's 360 cuz I got tired of having to pay them constant money to put up with their crap and Sony cuz it is heading the same direction. So, in ending, shut up and go play another game that takes you to your happy place whilst they fix these issues. Thank you.
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:41 am

I have a dx10 system and I keep seeing people complain about the game not able to do dx11 but eventually I will buy a system that does dx11 so I feel your woes, I'm half way through the game and I'm really enjoying crysis 2. Does anyone know if the sandbox 3 software does dx10 or dx11? because eventually I would like to create a game with the crytek 3 software.

For all of you complainers just hold your horses and wait maybe crytek will come out with a patch that does dx11.

I realize alot of people are stating their complaints cry-tom but I would consider this dx11 post a bug in the game more so than spam, it's a bug that should of been addressed during the beginning stage of the game since almost every game is going the dx11 route. Anyway's I love the game and I intend to play the it over and over even if it doesn't have dx11.

SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:58 am

-Multiplayer games are not starting. Just sits there in the lobby... It's appears to be the same problem as in the beginning of the PC demo, which is why one would hope it wouldn't be back at launch :S
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:14 am

Hey, anyone getting this? I'm running Crysis 2 on XP x86, 2Gb DDr3 RAM, GTS 250 Low Profile with 258.xx drivers (forgot last digits, but if I update drivers Xp give me endless BSODs). When I quit to desktop, the game crashes, giving me the generic "sorry for your inconvenience" message.
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:07 pm

stop whining about the console part. this is what happens when you give a sequel of a game to other game stations too...
Theres no problem whatsoever but they just want to blame it on consoles.....

stop crying its just a game! you dont need to play it...
Emma Pennington

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:36 pm

LOL. There are dozens of threads asking where is DX11 and you still continue to ignore us. That is just wonderfull. CLAP CLAP CLAP

this
kasia

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:41 am

GOD!!!! Everybody STFU!!!!!!! all i hear is "direct x 11" WAAAAAAA, "console port" WAAAAAAAAA, "settings/motion blur" WAAAAAAAAA, "the game won't scratch my ass and blow me" WAAAAAAAA. First I'll say if it bothers you that much that a game is multi-platform or according to you a "port"(which is stupid cuz they came out at the same time) then I tell you what. Hold your breath for the next game that is exclusive to the PC and that is worth anything. You'll end up playing MMORPG/RPG and RTS games all your life, even though some of those are going multi as well. GET OVER IT. You should have waited to buy the game instead of pre-ordering it and expecting it to be the perfect game that, for some reason, you expect. That goes for the DX11 douches too. WTF? Sure I agree it should have DX11 from the start but it didn't, so tough. Its only been out for a couple of days. Wait a little, JESUS!!! I understand that these are forums and that they're here for everybody to express ideas and opinions, but stop beating a dead horse to oblivion. I am sure CRYTEK is working on something right now to address these issues. If they don't, THEN you can complain until your blue in the face. As far as the setting/motion blur goes, I also agree. I was a bit perplexed that you cannot customize detailed....details, though I dont see where the motion blur took away from game. I got over it and played, finished, and enjoyed the campaign. It looked beautiful and ran smoothly on my mediocre system. I'm happy in spite of the handful of issues. THESE are some of the reasons why PC gaming is on the decline. Companies don't want the endless **** and headaches from dealing with jerk off PC gamers that have a chip on their shoulders. and before you people start calling me noob or troll or console lover or whatever the hell stupid ass nicknames that you have in your arsenal of idiocracy, I am exclusively a pc gamer. I boycotted Microsoft's 360 cuz I got tired of having to pay them constant money to put up with their crap and Sony cuz it is heading the same direction. So, in ending, shut up and go play another game that takes you to your happy place whilst they fix these issues. Thank you.

Maybe stop reading this form? lol
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:18 am

All-
I read on another form that EA is excepting returns of this game within 7 days. Basically it's a defective product. I would encourage everyone to seek out this option if they feel the same way I do about just wasting $60. Cheers.
Ricky Meehan

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:49 pm

My game dont want to start,its updated to 1.1 and when I try to start, its doing nothing... any idea?
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:30 am

I agree with the people who say Crysis 2 is an excellent game, but the fact is that Crytek are a great developer that i expected would put more effort into the PC version (their original fan base). The fact that they released it for consoles has nothing to do with all the hate. It is just the pure laziness. The first Crysis blew me away because it tapped into technology some developers would never even dream of trying. Now that Crytek have abandoned making the PC the lead development platform, they have just become another multi-platform developer. Nothing special other than they make their own engines. DICE are using the PC as the lead platform and will utilize the PC's superior fire power. They will then port it to console. This is the kind of thing that i expected Crytek to do. Oh well. DICE has officially replaced Crytek as the leading technology developer. I truly hope Crytek do not make the same mistake with Crysis 3. Crysis 2 is still a great game and is definitely worth the buy.
Jack Bryan

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:02 pm

I am seriously amazed that they didn't fix this problem.
Soph

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 am

Lets get the game to function correctly before we add any dx11

Still waitng for the timer to start ~lobby full .... oops we lost one still waiting ..... oops we lost one still waiting oops we lost one still waiting oops we lost one still waiting oops we lost one still waiting i am still here waiting for game... only one left
Nany Smith

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:10 am

Anyone else entertained by the fact the OP has not replied once to all of these comments / complaints? Why does this forum even exist?
Kathryn Medows

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:43 am

Hey Cry Team why is most of the commands locked in the console? What if we wanted to tweak settings like we did with Crysis 1? Such as lowering the HDR bloom and turning off motion blur to get more fps? Oh also.. dx11 patch confirmed right?
Lisha Boo

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:03 pm

Three words. Magically depleting nanocatalyst.
Barbequtie

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:24 am

All-
I read on another form that EA is excepting returns of this game within 7 days. Basically it's a defective product. I would encourage everyone to seek out this option if they feel the same way I do about just wasting $60. Cheers.

Can you link to the forum? If this is true, I'm out the door now to return it.
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:10 am

Lets get the game to function correctly before we add any dx11

LOLs oh yeah I forgot the guy who makes public announcements is too busy to tell us whats happening with DX11 because he's working on the servers, thats why there hasn't been an announcement yet. Makes perfect sense...NOT!

And we all know it's just 1 guy at Crytek it's not like they have a separate group of people working on DX11 at all that would just be crazy.
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:15 am

CAN CRYTEK TELL EA TO TELL THERE SERVER PROVIDERS TO FOCKING RESTART THERE SERVERS!
Matt Bee

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis