Cumulative Speculation related to TES V #15

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 am

But the article did specify developers. I hope you are right, and that motion control is kept away from future games.

Bethesda was under the list of official PSP developers too back when it was new, but how many PSP games have they developed? None, not even the PSP version of Oblivion (which was cancelled) was developed by Bethesda but another developer studio called climix Group. They did publish Star Trek: Tactical Assault to the PSP, though.

All the Natal calculations has to be done by the 360 hardware too, which will take a "percentage" of performance away from the system that can be better spent elsewhere, like the graphics, AI or whatever. And I'm sure Bethesda feel the same way there too.

Have people given much thought to what the soundtrack of TES V will be like? I think this is one of the few things we haven't speculated about yet. I want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPEEp5R_pOo&feature=related to be the theme song of TES V.

If you gonna do a wishlist of things you want in the next game, use the TES V Ideas and Suggestions thread.
Travis

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:53 pm

If they used Natal, how would ps3 players be able to play whatever that game is(not truly TES V)?

they're making a motion controller for ps3, though i hate how both companies are trying to "innovate" their controllers like nintendo which had brought them into a whole different market
Nicole M

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:35 am

I think they've gone way over thier heads. Wireless wiimote was fine, Wireless PS3 6 axis pad is fine, but a full body full motion sensor is over the top, its just a gimick. Peropherials do not make a good game, just look at the reviews for Tony Hawk Ride. that was a game that solely relied on a peripheral which undoubtadly failed. All I need is my Wireless Rumblepad, and I can play any game from anywhere in my flat, and it does what its meant to do. Though I do want a racing wheel for the racing games, but cant be bothered spenmding $200+ when I allready have a controller that works perfectly well.
Soku Nyorah

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:38 am

If they used Natal, how would ps3 players be able to play whatever that game is(not truly TES V)?

We all know how bethesda treats ps3 players.
Matthew Barrows

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:59 am

We all know how bethesda treats ps3 players.

Since I am a ps3 player, and only a ps3 player(no 360 and I can't afford a decent PC), except for a few older PC games, I am hoping Bethesda would treat ps3 players better now. Natal would just ruin TES V.
Eddie Howe

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Since I am a ps3 player, and only a ps3 player(no 360 and I can't afford a decent PC), except for a few older PC games, I am hoping Bethesda would treat ps3 players better now. Natal would just ruin TES V.

Probably, Natal seems more suited to casual gamers.
Hannah Whitlock

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:32 am

I think they've gone way over thier heads. Wireless wiimote was fine, Wireless PS3 6 axis pad is fine, but a full body full motion sensor is over the top, its just a gimick. Peropherials do not make a good game, just look at the reviews for Tony Hawk Ride. that was a game that solely relied on a peripheral which undoubtadly failed. All I need is my Wireless Rumblepad, and I can play any game from anywhere in my flat, and it does what its meant to do. Though I do want a racing wheel for the racing games, but cant be bothered spenmding $200+ when I allready have a controller that works perfectly well.

Agree,motion sensor tech is good idea but too gimmicky for games IMO.When I play my games I want to sit down and relax while playing,not having me waving my body or hands like I'm crazy.
Robert Garcia

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:21 am

What i don't understand is why people buy wii fit for exercise, when exercising is clearly possible without it. i mean come on, it can't serously be fun!

*dramatization*

Player 1: Oh sweet, i lost 4 1/2 lbs this week! .
Spectator 1: NO WAY!!! You must be ranked top 10 in the world!
Spectator 2: How did you get so skilled?
Player 1: Practice boys,... lots of practice.
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:24 am

What i don't understand is why people buy wii fit for exercise, when exercising is clearly possible without it. i mean come on, it can't serously be fun!

*dramatization*

Player 1: Oh sweet, i lost 4 1/2 lbs this week! .
Spectator 1: NO WAY!!! You must be ranked top 10 in the world!
Spectator 2: How did you get so skilled?
Player 1: Practice boys,... lots of practice.

It makes people forget that they're exercising, which is a huge plus.
Alkira rose Nankivell

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:01 am

Can we all stop talking about Natal. ESV will not feature Natal.
Ash

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:47 am

I would actually bet that TESV will have some kind of Natal support. But when I say "support" I mean it will probably have some throwaway feature that not many people will care about just so Microsoft can add TESV to their list of Natal games soley for corporate gloating. The bottom line is that I don't think Bethesda or any other major developer would put any serious effort into developing something for Natal. Outside of a few rare exceptions, Nintendo is the only developer that has made something interesting and successful for their motion control system and I don't see it being very different for Natal or Sony's motion gadget. If anything it will most likely be worse. Plus, if any of you would have taken the time to listen to that Kotaku podcast that Todd Howard was on, you would know that he isn't so hot on developing for the Wii and I can't imagine he would be feeling any different about developing something for Natal.

It just makes zero sense that any multiplatform developer would design their game with a peripheral in mind that only a fraction of a fraction of their potential audience would have.
Cat

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:45 am

I think that they should use the latest Cry Engine for TES V. It looks better and runs better than just about anything else out there.
Richard Dixon

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:10 am

I think that they should use the latest Cry Engine for TES V. It looks better and runs better than just about anything else out there.

It definitely looks good, but to say it runs better than just about anything else? Neh. Besides, in the radio podcast, Todd said they were working on their Gamebryo engine after Fallout 3 was finished, so it would makes sense if they would use it for future games.
laila hassan

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:43 pm

It definitely looks good, but to say it runs better than just about anything else? Neh. Besides, in the radio podcast, Todd said they were working on their Gamebryo engine after Fallout 3 was finished, so it would makes sense if they would use it for future games.

Yeah, that's one thing we don't need to speculate on, they will use Gamebryo for their next game for sure.
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:02 pm

January 6th, 2010: In an interview with Kotaku, at the 9:30-10:30 mark Todd Howard said: "[...] we spend a lot of time adding to the engine, [...] and we've sort of been doing that with the big new game [we've been] making since we finished Fallout 3.

Is he referring to Gamebryo? If yes, I'm not sure of what to think about tweaking an engine that is already old, that has brought stability problems with every game (Morrowind and Oblivion at least, I don't know about Fallout 3), and even game-specific bugs (like skills not restoring correctly, first in MW and later in Oblivion, too). I may be wrong, but I don't like it...
Casey

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:07 am

Is he referring to Gamebryo? If yes, I'm not sure of what to think about tweaking an engine that is already old, that has brought stability problems with every game (Morrowind and Oblivion at least, I don't know about Fallout 3), and even game-specific bugs (like skills not restoring correctly, first in MW and later in Oblivion, too). I may be wrong, but I don't like it...

Gamebryo have nothing to do with the skills. It's only a graphic renderer, drawing polygons is pretty much all it do.

The AI, physics, skills, quests, controls, plug-in system and so on have no part of Gamebryo at all.
-__^

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:54 am

Remember when Todd Howard said they reinvent every Elder Scrolls game? Well it sounds like that based on his saying that they're redoing large parts of their basic technology. Keep that in mind.
Vicki Blondie

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Gamebryo have nothing to do with the skills. It's only a graphic renderer, drawing polygons is pretty much all it do.

The AI, physics, skills, quests, controls, plug-in system and so on have no part of Gamebryo at all.

Well one part however is compatibility with other engines. Umbra and Lightsprint for example are both compatible with GameBryo as far as i know but if i recall correctly using something like Euphoria for animations doesn't work with the current Gamebryo version. Maybe it'll be tweaked so it CAN use something like that, at least i'd hope for that since it really looks a lot better than having just ragdolls and can create adaptive animations the normal animators would never even dream of. Best example was in GTA4, a guy got shot, stumbled foreward a bit, propped himself up on a mailbox with one hadn whil the other held the shot wound before collapsing a few steps further. All unscripted.
Raymond J. Ramirez

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:55 am

I agree, Cry engine 3 will be the greatest engine out there. Its features are amazing. I watched several videos about it and read brief descriptions in Crytek's related website. Incredible,life-like visuals, 100% destructible environments, native DirectX 11 support,built-in physics, lots of great tools to ease the developers work.

But Bethesda has spent so much time, effort and MONEY into Gamebyro so i'd be surprised they they leave it and move to Cry engine 3. Changing engines in the middle of the project is bad move, we all saw how Duke Nukem Forever turned out. The perfectionist producer changed lots of engines and resetted the work when he saw that there's something better looking than his game.
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:06 pm

I agree, Cry engine 3 will be the greatest engine out there. Its features are amazing. I watched several videos about it and read brief descriptions in Crytek's related website. Incredible,life-like visuals, 100% destructible environments, native DirectX 11 support,built-in physics, lots of great tools to ease the developers work.

But Bethesda has spent so much time and efford into Gamebyro so i'd be surprised they they leave it and move to Cry engine 3. Changing engines in the middle of the project is bad move, we all saw how Duke Nukem Forever turned out. The perfectionist producer changed lots of engines and resetted the work when he saw that there's something better looking than his game.

You say Cry Engine I say Id Tech 5.

But thats just for perfectionists. You'll never get them to change from GameBryo because they've spent so much time on it and working with it.
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:57 am

oh, they'll change from Gamebryo eventually...

It will NEVER be to Cry Engine 3, though, and idTech 5 is a longshot.

The correct answer is "some future iteration of an idTech engine" and the reason is "leveraging assets across the corporate family". The reasons it will not be done soon are "Rage" and "There's no chance that idTech 5 currently can offer Bethesda the same support level they've created for themselves with Gamebryo". Look for the latter issue to erode away after the former is no longer an on-going project. :)
Rik Douglas

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Why do so many people hate Gamebryo?
Beth Belcher

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:47 am

Cause it's not that great in comparison with other engines, yet somehow bethesda is able to make great games with it
Dean Brown

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:26 pm

TESV will be Gamebryo, without a doubt, but TESVI however....could very likely still be Gamebryo.
Lizs

Post » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:17 pm

^ Let's not think too far ahead. :P
Cat

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion