FR = FireResist

Holy crap, nice! You're a fast learner.
Stace

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 pm

omg wow....
dell

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:56 pm

This is looking SWEET, DarN!

First Mod to load! (Well, after the UFOP. :P )
Eddie Howe

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Started work on the settings now. I'm still at the prefab state, that is to say I'm making all the custom controls needed for this to work.

http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/duif3settings1.jpg

This will initially only contain the Extras (FOSE) settings. Later on there'll be settings for vanilla versions too.
CxvIII

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:22 am

Started work on the settings now. I'm still at the prefab state, that is to say I'm making all the custom controls needed for this to work.

http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/duif3settings1.jpg

This will initially only contain the Extras (FOSE) settings. Later on there'll be settings for vanilla versions too.

Ahhhh dying to get a hold of the next version. Looks absolutely wonderful DarN!
jessica sonny

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Give us weapon damage and spread... and the moderators will have to hire extra help to clean up the droll.
Anthony Santillan

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 pm

If it's there for the taking, you will see it in the UI. :)

---

I have some bad news though...

The DUI Oblivion way of doing in-game settings won't work with F3. The HUD doesn't appear to update it's controls while the game is in an another menumode. The only way I've been able to make it work, is by activating the console, which is a semi-menumode I suppose. With FOSE there won't be any issues of course.

In short, there might be a FOSE requirement for in-game settings to work at all. Still investigating though.
Harry-James Payne

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:03 am

If it's there for the taking, you will see it in the UI. :)

---

I have some bad news though...

The DUI Oblivion way of doing in-game settings won't work with F3. The HUD doesn't appear to update it's controls while the game is in an another menumode. The only way I've been able to make it work, is by activating the console, which is a semi-menumode I suppose. With FOSE there won't be any issues of course.

In short, there might be a FOSE requirement for in-game settings to work at all. Still investigating though.

I'm sure the majority of us won't mind the FOSE requirement.
However, those that are having issues with FOSE, might be in a bit of a bind.
Hopefully it all works out for the best.
QuinDINGDONGcey

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:25 pm

I don't mind if DarNified UI F3 require FOSE.
abi

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:47 pm

All the best mods use FOSE anyway, it does get rid of Live, but since when's that been a bad thing? :P

How about mini-world map, that shows a rough estimate of where you are now? It's so easy to get distracted while exploring the wasteland..
sarah

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:01 pm

yeah, that's good idea, maybe some coordinates
helen buchan

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:53 pm

I don't mind if it becomes FOSE dependent to achieve the marvelous things you talked about. FOSE is easy to install, programed by experts and the Oblivion version never gave me any problems. On top of that it allows such nice mods like sprinting and bullet time.
If you don't have it, go get it! :slap:
Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm

mini map sound awesome. coordinates on world map would also be neat.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:32 pm

I don't know if what ToJKa says is true, but if there's anything that breaks LIVE functionality, I'm not going to be able to use it until I've completed my full playthrough. I use LIVE all the time while I'm playing (mostly for achievements), and I can't even load my save files unless I'm signed in anyway.

If you decide to implement any features that impair or disable LIVE, I would strongly prefer that you implement them in a branched release.

Also, I don't know if this is a problem with vanilla Fallout 3, but while I was at Chevy Chase (North), I noticed the Chain Gate to Tenleytown/Friendship Station text appeared like:

Chain Gate to
Tenleytown/Frie-
ndship Station

(Still using Alpha 9.2)
james tait

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm

I should perhaps clarify a bit.

DUI F3 won't require FOSE for standard functionality. It will continue to work as it does now, with settings configured from xml.

Without FOSE
- you will not see any extra info that can't be accessed from xml. The panels seen on the right http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/fosePanels4.jpg won't be showing at all.
- you will not be able to configure or save your settings in-game.

I'm looking for ways to enable the configuration part though. In all likelihood, there will be only one package - certain functions won't trigger is all.

@Kaleb.G,

I'll look into it.
Eileen Müller

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 pm

I should perhaps clarify a bit.

DUI F3 won't require FOSE for standard functionality. It will continue to work as it does now, with settings configured from xml.

Without FOSE
- you will not see any extra info that can't be accessed from xml. The panels seen on the right http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/fosePanels4.jpg won't be showing at all.
- you will not be able to configure or save your settings in-game.

I'm looking for ways to enable the configuration part though. In all likelihood, there will be only one package - certain functions won't trigger is all.

@Kaleb.G,

I'll look into it.

Hey DarN, where'd you get the clouds from in the screenshot?
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:53 pm

I don't know if what ToJKa says is true, but if there's anything that breaks LIVE functionality, I'm not going to be able to use it until I've completed my full playthrough. I use LIVE all the time while I'm playing (mostly for achievements), and I can't even load my save files unless I'm signed in anyway.

If you decide to implement any features that impair or disable LIVE, I would strongly prefer that you implement them in a branched release.

Also, I don't know if this is a problem with vanilla Fallout 3, but while I was at Chevy Chase (North), I noticed the Chain Gate to Tenleytown/Friendship Station text appeared like:

Chain Gate to
Tenleytown/Frie-
ndship Station

(Still using Alpha 9.2)

you can load the savegame without using live, but I heard you have to move the savegame from the live folder to the savegame folder
Tina Tupou

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Hey DarN, where'd you get the clouds from in the screenshot?

That would be a bug. I tried the Dusty Sky mod, found it made things too dark, and uninstalled it. Now it seems to show random textures up there. This one would be some ground clutter. :)
quinnnn

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:59 pm

That would be a bug. I tried the Dusty Sky mod, found it made things too dark, and uninstalled it. Now it seems to show random textures up there. This one would be some ground clutter. :)

Oh. That's a shame then.
Still kinda looks cool, for a bug.
Wayne Cole

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:41 am

also make a FOSE version. looking really good.
Blackdrak

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:41 pm

FOSE user can enable DUI F3 "enchanced" feature like left and right panel for extra information.

non-FOSE user can using default DUI F3 mini UI like Alpha 9.2a and can using LIVE.

maybe STREAM version of Fallout 3 need login LIVE to play ??
james tait

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:09 am

Oh. That's a shame then.
Still kinda looks cool, for a bug.

Looks cool until I look up and see the old tires and tin cans. ;)

FOSE user can enable DUI F3 "enchanced" feature like left and right panel for extra information.

non-FOSE user can using default DUI F3 mini UI like Alpha 9.2a and can using LIVE.

maybe STREAM version of Fallout 3 need login LIVE to play ??

The Steam version does not require LIVE - I use it myself. Enabling the extra features is as simple as activating the DUIF3Extras.esp, and launching the game with the FOSE loader.
Solène We

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Looks cool until I look up and see the old tires and tin cans. ;)

Hahaha. Yeah. I bet. Talking about an immersion killer.
Add Meeh

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:58 pm

http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/fosePanels5.jpg - also note the new RR meter in the StatsPanel. RR = RadResist.

The XP and RadPanel replace the default meters. If the RadPanel is off, all panels will hide while the default Radiation meter is showing - same for the XPPanel.

Settings are carried over from save to save now as well. All I have to do is get the interface up for changing them.... There will be a new DUI F3 button in the Pausemanu.
Eilidh Brian

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3