[WIPzBETA] DarNified UI F3

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 am

Is it the HUD or everything?
Ray

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 6:03 am

thanks for the reply darn. by the way, happy holiday.

im playing fallout on my widescreen tv, so it would be nice if everything is as large as original fallout font/settings. i would want to use darn ui because it is so much better (more features than original fallout) but darn ui was made for pc players(smaller font/stuff). after i did tweak darn ui settings, i still found some text are too small. problem is im not really sure to explain what type of text is small. i think what i want is the text is as large as the original.

thanks darn.
Joe Alvarado

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello Darn!

I wanted to tell you that your mod is fantastic :) this is a MUST to have. I recently discovered your mod (only 3 days.... Yes, I know: what a shame...)
Now I'm tracking this baby's progresses closely. When watching the pics of your first post, something came across my mind: do you plan to had a minimap in the features? (like in pipboy: a World map one and/or an Area one. And on the minimap, only the player marker and the objective marker will be shown).

I hope this mod will live a long life :)

cheers ;)
Miranda Taylor

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:29 pm

edit: I'll post again if necessary, but I think I sorted it out. :)
rae.x

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 am

This is a definite must have mod. It will be the first I DL.
Marlo Stanfield

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 pm

DarN-

Or someone with more mod powers than I-

Other than adding Fonts to the FALLOUT.INI what other ini changes does the fomod do?

I tried making a BAIN package and adding the fonts through Wrye Bash/Flash INI tweaks like Wrye did in his version of a http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22170.

But I did not get the little guy in the corner telling me what version of F3, FOSE, and Darn I was using. What adds him?

Are there any other ini changes besides adding fonts and archive invalidation that the fomod script does and I'm just not seeing?

My goal is to create a package of INI tweaks to allow full installation of DarnUI through BAIN alone.

thanks for any help.
Michelle Smith

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 am

Hi!

Does anyone know how to change http://www.shrani.si/f/1u/YE/4I7j99MY/fallout3redtext.jpg to the green color?
I searched forum, but I can't find solution.
ruCkii

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi, I get a ctd immediately after installing DarNUI (installed unofficial patch and FWE beforehand, and game ran fine). As soon as I install DarNUI, the game crashes before reaching main menu :'( I tried every combination of DarNUI 11, the hotfix and the FWE compability patch, but no success.

I also checked that the .ini file under My Games was edited (it wasn't, but I edited it myself).

Any idea what to do?
Angus Poole

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 6:06 am

Hi!

Does anyone know how to change http://www.shrani.si/f/1u/YE/4I7j99MY/fallout3redtext.jpg to the green color?
I searched forum, but I can't find solution.
You'll need to jump into the XML files and make some edits - I would need to look at the basic DUI package again to remember what exactly you would want to hit in these. Not an exact fix, but you could try out my combo mod of DUI and Revelation, the older versions don't have the Red Exit text in them, so that might be more to your liking (but it will be a considerable adjustment to the interface as well). I'll grab the base files again, though, and take a peek for you and report back with some findings when I get a chance to.

Hi, I get a ctd immediately after installing DarNUI (installed unofficial patch and FWE beforehand, and game ran fine). As soon as I install DarNUI, the game crashes before reaching main menu :'( I tried every combination of DarNUI 11, the hotfix and the FWE compability patch, but no success.

I also checked that the .ini file under My Games was edited (it wasn't, but I edited it myself).

Any idea what to do?
Hmm, sounds like either a FOSE issue or something wasn't installed correctly for some reason. I'd personally try to scrap it and try again fresh one more time, ensuring to hit all the needed steps as you run through, then if that doesn't work I might consider reinstalling FOSE, but the CTDs experienced with DUI tend to roll down to an improper install 99% of the time.
Ilona Neumann

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm

...Hmm, sounds like either a FOSE issue or something wasn't installed correctly for some reason. I'd personally try to scrap it and try again fresh one more time, ensuring to hit all the needed steps as you run through, then if that doesn't work I might consider reinstalling FOSE, but the CTDs experienced with DUI tend to roll down to an improper install 99% of the time.

Reinstalled everything three times now (quite tedious, considering I have to DL the game through Steam, and my connection was slow as hell yesterday).

Anyway, it seemed to be an issue that DUI wouldn't properly install if the .fomod wasn't extracted from it's zip archive prior to adding the package in FOMM.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Reinstalled everything three times now (quite tedious, considering I have to DL the game through Steam, and my connection was slow as hell yesterday).

Anyway, it seemed to be an issue that DUI wouldn't properly install if the .fomod wasn't extracted from it's zip archive prior to adding the package in FOMM.
Odd - though I'm not surprised I didn't think of that - I tend to manually install mods when I am able to do so (and that's how I did DUI). Glad you for it sorted out though.

Suggestion as well, to avoid having to redownload and install from Steam everytime, why not make a copy of your Fallout 3 folder once you do a fresh install with no mods, and have a clean copy you can port back at any time sitting on your system (HDD space permitting, of course). I do this with all Bethesda games, works a charm.
Taylrea Teodor

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 pm

hey i got a problem , i dont have any ingame button to click for the dui settings,
Baby K(:

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 am

Do you get the little Vault Boy face in the lower left of the screen when you load the game up? If you do, it should be in the Main Menu system, otherwise not installed right.
Mimi BC

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:57 am

There was too much for me to sort through so I'm just going to ask. Is there a way to disable Live? Its really messing with the other mods and the game in general.
Ex: The sound for the voices and weapons aren't working.
Sorry, wrong post
Michael Korkia

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 7:51 pm

So... is the fact that the breath meter is missing in game for me on purpose or did I install wrong?
Installed the hotfix, all other changes are applied but still no breath meter.
Tarka

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:39 am

So... is the fact that the breath meter is missing in game for me on purpose or did I install wrong?
Installed the hotfix, all other changes are applied but still no breath meter.
Try installing the hotfix again? It really should fix the breath meter.
naomi

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:16 pm

A little bump for this. I still find it a little scary that this thread with the download link on DarN's site is currently the only source of this great UI mod, because it's not on Nexus and DarN hasn't logged on here since December 2010 . :P
Adrian Powers

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 am

A little bump for this. I still find it a little scary that this thread with the download link on DarN's site is currently the only source of this great UI mod, because it's not on Nexus and DarN hasn't logged on here since December 2010 . :P

Or, indeed, his own website. There's even a http://darnified.net/forums/site_feedback/darn_where_are_you_314.msg1325.html#msg1325 on there asking where he's got to.

We can only hope he's having a long hiatus. :unsure:
Vickey Martinez

Previous

Return to Fallout 3