DLC joke BETHESDA ?!

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 pm

The answer is money sadly. Even sadder is the fact that there are people who find it acceptable.

I used to hate it when people suggested that Bethesda should hand over the rights of Fallout to Obsidian, but I'm starting to agree with them more and more. They just seem to understand what Fallout is supposed to be far more than Bethesda does at this point.

matt white

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Well that's personal taste for ya, to me it was, to you it isn't *shrugs*
Del Arte

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:51 pm

I'd argue that it starts to go beyond opinion when there are other game's that have 10$ DLC with far more content and substance than Automatron. Though you are free to believe what you want I suppose.

Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:06 am

More like obsidian understands how to pander to the fans who hasn't accepted that the old incarnation of Fallout is dead and buried and cant move on...
jessica breen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 pm

I like this DLC,

For one the DLC actually is integrated into the main game world as opposed to separated like in so many other DLC that has been done. No need to sit down and write up a lengthy pluggin to incorporate it into the world which is a huge plus cause I have done that in the past and know for darn sure what a time sink that is.

A lot of people are probably reading this stuff and they are still as of yet uninitiated to the practice of modding the game and likely haven't the foggiest of what some of us hokerrs are going on about when we say we edit how our game actually works...Probably think we're just plain crazy or something.

This DLC seems awefully nice for a small one as its well integrated into the actual main world so it doesn't feel entirely unfair for its asking price that said I have the season pass so I paid quite a bit less than those that suddenly knee jerk bought it.

I'm interested in the "Survivor FreeLC" and well I'd like to have its parts as just options as I don't want to use its save feature or even the Needs features of it....Nothing more annoying than opening a menu to feed your character >< so lame.

Yung Prince

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:15 pm

I have to agree with the original poster this DLC is very disappointing.

Especially considering the bug/glitches and story that is shorter than the Silver Shroud quest line and less imaginative.

The main quest bugged out 6 times on me. My main is a stealth/sniper so I naturally shot out the spotlights at the beginning of the fight. This caused the timer/energy call outs to never happen. Thus the fight just kept going and going. I then did it without shooting out the lights and got through everything. Then when I tried to leave the area it froze up. So I had to do it again and the conversation choices seemed bugged out. Then again I did it and tried to see if the spot lights really had anything to do with that timer bug. It did the same thing when I shot them out again. Needless to say 6x worth of bugs is a bit disappointing especially when you consider it took them 4 months to come up with this. And apparently it was planned before launch. On top of this Jezebel seems locked into a non companion glitch after the main mission. Essentially she is just a settler for me now. I thought she like ADA was a permanent companion. Either she is glitched on my game or she is just a settler now. At least I can use her to run the supply line to my new Mechanist base.

I am happy with the value it brought to the table though. I consider that it's saving grace. It added a ton of buildable stuff, gave new armors, weapons and the robots can be settlers or fodder for the new "Combat Zone" DLC coming next month.

On top of that I find the new Raider group and the Mechanist to be solid story additions that can add more radiant quest and story potential later on.

Madeleine Rose Walsh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:50 pm

It seems like they want to double down on crafting and that's good for people who are into base building and robot fighting in game, but for me I'm probably not going to get the kind of mileage I got from Fallout 3 and am still getting from Skyrim. Hopefully Far Harbor isn't the only really story driven dlc we get.

SaVino GοΜ

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Fallout is supposed to be an RPG with a deep world and story, not a sandbox Minecraft hybrid with shallow RPG elements. Though that's something newer Fallout fans like yourself can't seem to grasp. Either that or you flat out choose to ignore it.

Cat

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:30 pm

This!!!! So much this!!! Ada encourages me to LOOT it all!!! :D I love it! I just started the DLC last night and as I was walking alongside Ada, I got side tracked by different locations that I actually never cleared. Then I was thinking, hmm, I should build my Robot workshop and that took all my play time. I converted Red Rocket into my own little hideaway and garage. No settlers will set foot here! :)

Sorry Ada, we never made it to General Atomics last night LOL

Oh and I also love that she gives me very useful junk! (isn't that an oxymoron... useful junk LOL). And the new enemies are cool too!

:angry: :flamethrower: You better run and hide!!!! Using Zeta in the same sentence as NV DLCs... the horror! *shudders* LOL And I wish to play through NV DLCs over and over and over. It's not about one developer vs the other, it's all about story and the way the game/setting/content makes me feel when I'm playing it.

Marcia Renton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Man, the story was short but an awesome experience. Especially that finale part of the DLC. Man, that was so much fun and hilarious.

I still enjoy Narrative drive games myself because almost anybody can enjoy a really great and well written story with amazing characters (mind you, there's some nice stories in Bethesda's games and great characters but nothing too big. Bethesda is more about the open world aspects and they are AMAZING at that, so they can stick to it).

But yes, I do obviously agree with ya that Bethesda should stick to what they do best and make an amazing open world game. If I wanna play a game for story and characters, I could just play Undertale, the original Halos, etc.

JD bernal

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Clearly most people didn`t care for Automatron and Workshop price because they purchased season pass.

...clearly Bethesda did take advantage of DLC price tags to boost the sales of season pass dramatically.

Yeah. Bethesda needs to care about their name just as much as they care about the money.

Right now many people don`t look at Bethesda in a good way.. because FO4 missing a lot of things and other competitor like Witcher 3 released many free DLCs.

Automatron & Workshop should have been free DLC.

It would have done more good than harm in my opinion for future Bethesda operations.

Just my opinions.

Sabrina garzotto

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:50 pm

I'm not a big fan of this DLC either

but was is it with all the

this comment already got tiresome when discussing the main game a few months ago.

Isn't the robot DLC exactly what 'Fallout' is?:

A fun game-mechanic that fits an open world, that we don't see in other games.

Something that doesn't take itself too serious and perfectly fits into this crazy Fallout universe.

This DLC totally reminds me of the 'Ghouls in the rockets' or the 'Oasis' quests.

As much as I would've prefered a story DLC this time... Automatron is the most 'Fallout' thing ever.

It has 'Fallout universe' written all over it.

Russell Davies

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:39 pm

u cant compare price tag really, maybe if the companies make same kind of DLC in the same year.

U trying to compare prices with 5 year differences. really u just cant.

10$ is cheap for the prices standard we get this days.

Normally 5$ get u skins this day on any game.

Emily Graham

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:22 pm

People need to shut up with this argument because it gets nobody anywhere... It's a bad argument that can't work because the RPG genre is so vast and varied. Fallout 4 is an amazing RPG as it is. It's just a different type of RPG than what the original Fallouts were. Different RPGs uses different systems to support the roleplaying experience, be it freedom of choice, story/dialogue, or otherwise. One RPG using a different system instead of another does NOT make it "shallow". It makes it different from the other you're talking about.

Sammie LM

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:22 pm

And sorry Fallout is suppose to be whatever Bethesda want to make it. I dont understand why u guys dont get it. They own the IP and the IP only mean the setting and "lore". That all.

They can make a strategy game, shooter, rpg, a book, a movie whatever.

Really just thanks Bethesda that buy a death IP and revive it.

Ricky Rayner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Eh. I can't say too much due to being bias. I paid 50 dollars for everything Fallout 4 related (20 on the game. 30 on the season pass) so I am greatly satisfied with my purchase... So can't really say too much about Bethesda's price choices and such now-a-days since I am too satisfied with my own deal.

Danel

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:12 pm

You're assuming I'm talking about NV....don't do that.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378649/

This^ is what I was referring to which svcks because I despise Witcher 3 and the fact that I have to praise it in any way leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However, compared to Bethesda's "quality" DLC, Witcher's is far more content rich and has far more substance.

Leah

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:56 pm

It's at best an action rpg since it lacks any sort of real rpg features.

If some people don't like what Bethesda does with it then no they don't need to be thankful nor are they required to like it.

Josh Trembly

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:01 pm

I agree, but there is far too much dependence on radiant quests and that can make an otherwise good game feel shallow, it's why I steer clear of them in Skyrim.

Maria Garcia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:04 pm

It is a shallow RPG even for the type of RPG it is. People won't stop using an argument that fits one of Fallout 4's biggest problems perfectly. You need to either accept it or ignore it because it isn't going to go away.

Campbell

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Sorry to disappoint your preconceptions of what kind of people likes Beth's Fallout games, but I played 1 & 2 back in the day, and they where good games back in there day, but these are new times with new devs, that old incarnation of Fallout died the day Black Isle studios closed there doors. I choose to move on and tho they are very different, I find Beth Fallout games has there own charm (especially 4, which clearly strived to be more its own thing)
abi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:29 pm

I honestly enjoy having Radiant Quests. They just aren't handled as good in Fallout 4 as they were in Skyrim. In Skyrim, they were optional and easy to dodge. Fallout 4, you kinda have to dodge certain things or else you'll get a load of Minuteman Radiant Quests shoved down ye' gullet, which svcks. Bethesda really should patch this and give the player the option to say No to Preston and remove the quests from the radio. (You actually have the option to say No to Settlers when they ask for your help directly but not when Preston wants you to help them).

The thing with Radiant Quests in Open World RPGs, it adds "infinity content" for the player to use to continue playing, grinding, or other things which can provide help. Plus, the quests aren't too awfully boring honestly. So I don't complain too much when I do the occasional one at random.

Hayley Bristow

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:47 pm

You'd be correct if New Vegas didn't exist. However it does, so you aren't. Fallout New Vegas proved it isn't even close to dead and it also proved to be more critically successful among fans than Fallout 4.

Obsidian showed them how to make a modern Fallout game properly and Bethesda ignored it which wasn't smart on their part. At this point they need to either give the rights to Obsidian or do a lot better than they did with Fallout 4. Getting better writers would also be a step in the right direction.

Timara White

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:01 am

i know u referring to that stupid DLC from the Witcher 3, that im sorry i will trade it for Automatron any day.

1 every single item i got on that DLC was out power by the craft items i have from the main game, and it didnt add anything to the main game outside giving Geralt a scar on the face.

Sorry but good story doesnt mean is good. Mechanics mean is good to. If i just want a story i go read a book, a game is a combination of multiple parts.

At least with automatron i got a new companion that i can carries him trow the game. Same goes with the new weapons and armor.

Janine Rose

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 pm

But it's not a shallow RPG for the type of RPG it is. It is a pretty dang great RPG for the type it is, just like any other Bethesda game. I've already played through the game with 7 different character, each one doing something different from the other, even how they deal with the MQ... Each one also made certain choices and said certain things about themselves.

So, I really have no idea where you're going with this... The only thing I can understand is possibly how bad the dialogue is a lot, which I do agree with but doesn't have a huge impact on me. Or the voice, which again, doesn't have a huge impact on me too much so I go with the flow with dialogue and continue onward with my Roleplay experience.

Oscar Vazquez

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4