DLC joke BETHESDA ?!

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Well i haven't rushed through the story line of the addon.

I'm integrating the Robot assembly ability into my existing game.

I walk everywhere and am coming across new enemies on the road as i travel.

Now i am assembling some robots tailored to settlement defence.

If it works out they can take the place of more of my turrets.

I'll have to wait and see how they perform against the Supermutant Warlord settlement attacks before taking it any further.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the new armour range though. Not exactly stylish.

rae.x

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Let me explain something to you. Using the "get a job" insult doesn't make you look good, it just makes you look arrogant.

Marie Maillos

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:00 am

I like this DLC alot. Can't get to far today but but can't wait to get into building robots. Now if only they had rock em sock em robot arena fights. What's with all the Mothership Zeta hate? I thought it was pretty good except for the special alien rifle that would not shoot burst fire in vats.
Katey Meyer

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:21 pm

The real value of video games is when the video game development companies reward you with free DLC's for being a loyal paying customer for purchasing the video games that they developed for many years.

Then sell you expansion packs to get you to purchase more content for their video games, but only that expansion packs have a lot of content in them to make you feel happy that you purchased the expansion packs.

Conor Byrne

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:54 pm

Of course, Automatron doesn't even come close to the same amount of content since it is $5 for the content (missions, weapons, and armor) and $5 for the Robot Crafting system. Previous Fallout DLC never dealt with features and only contained content. The amount of robot parts in Automatron is insane compared to the art assets in other Fallout DLC.

It would be surprising if there is any decent missions in Wasteland Workshop since it only has Arenas, capturing and taming creatures and humans, and some additional Settlement items as far as we know. Automatron and Wasteland Workshop are not being marketed as the same as previous Fallout DLC so expecting Automatron should have the same amount of content as previous Fallout DLC is misguided. Far Harbor on the other hand is supposed to have $25 worth of content with no new features added so it should have 2.5 times the amount of content from previous Fallout DLC.

BaNK.RoLL

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm

have not played, I do not intend to play so early and already consider 10x better than mother[censored] zeta.

Trevi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Mothership Zeta get's a lot of it's hate (I'm among those who despise it) because Bethesda took an easter egg from the original Fallout games and took it way too far.

Though that's probably as far as we should go with that as it's off topic which is against the forum rules.

Laura Elizabeth

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:09 pm

They do kinda give you free DLCs. Remember Skyrims high-res texture pack? Or the recent 1.4 additional Settlement items...

It's not massive, but the fact that it's free should be plenty.

The Witcher 3s Free DLC was never that great, it was reskins, an extra quest here and there. Since they actively advertised free DLCs arguably that stuff should have been better, Bethesda have never advertised free stuff on the other hand, they've just done it. (Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Witcher 3).

Harry Leon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:57 pm

I don't understand the consistent malcontent. I played about with it for a hour to get a gist of the DLC ready to gain some knowledge for the impending survival and this is $10 worth of content. The amount of things I can think of that are $10 (~£7) that don't nearly last as long or are as good.

Yes, back in the day a lot of stuff was included in free patches which you got on a PC magazine. But there were expansions too (Baldur's Gate 1999, TOTSC, for example.). The simple fact of the matter, back then, the gaming industry was still growing and didn't have the power to ask for, what is really; just amounts. And now, with over 3,000,000,000 hours put into gaming per week the industry has grown and, in terms of entertainment and leisure it's the deserved giant that it is.

Back to the specifics. This is a company that makes good products. I gave them my money because I wish to see them sustain themselves and continue in their product development. I also work in this industry and I would be a total hypocrite if I didn't pump some funds into it. How could I expect anyone to pay for my games when I wont pay for theirs?

Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:59 pm

ZeniMax Media In. and Bethesda Softworks can still sustain Bethesda Game Studios by only selling their vanilla video games and the expansion packs for their video games.

Giving out the Automatron DLC for free won't make them close their doors and fire every single employee or file for bankruptcy at all.

Fallout 4 sold like 15+ million copies, which is over $600 million dollars (USD) if ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks takes 30% of the profits that is still a lot of money left for Bethesda Game Studios after the 30% taken by retailers and taxes.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has sold 20+ million copies and has earned ZeniMax Media Inc., Bethesda Softworks, and Bethesda Game Studios over $1.1 billion dollars (USD) and after taxes and 30% they still have a lot of money left.

nath

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 pm

So you expect them to go into the red so you can build some robots? I don't think you understand the costs of running a company, it's not just equipment, employees and scheming how to take as much of your money as possible.

If Automatron was free, then Wasteland Workkshop would be too, as well as the survival overhaul. Assuming that's somewhere between 40-50% of the total time until the release of Far Harbour that would be 3 months without a single glint of profit from product development. You're living in a fantasy world.

lilmissparty

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 am

Whoa there. I don't think that Automatron is worth 10$, but it shouldn't have been free either. Expecting free DLC is a bit much man.

Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:45 pm

If you think they will go into the red. I have no idea what else to say because I know that will not be true at all.

I know running a company costs a lot of money, the leases for the building(s), employment payroll, marketing, taxes, etc all factor into the costs, but it will not make them go into the red.

Claire Lynham

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:19 pm

They will go into the red, they will spend money releasing a product for free, how will they avoid it? Charity donations?! Then they can fly home on their broomsticks and fall asleep on their gigantopithecus.

Janette Segura

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:54 pm

How will they go into the red when they will be still selling Fallout 4 and then the Far Harbor expansion pack.

And I'm sure out of that $2 billion dollars (USD) if they have that much after all of the expenses (From selling The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from 2011 up to today from selling Fallout 4) I'm sure they still have like $1.3 billion dollars (USD).

Hannah Barnard

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Yeah they have more money than most countries I don't think there are enough free dlcs in the world to make them go in the red. They could pay their employees a million dollars each without denting their profit margin.
Alberto Aguilera

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:43 am

Except that's their profits from another product. I'm not saying they will go out of business but in that time period they _will_ be in the red for that period. Explain that to investors and Chief Officers. You won't, because you'll be fired and replaced by a guy who can put them in the black for every project.

Blessed DIVA

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:05 pm

12 million x 60-120$ = scrooge mcduck

That's just f4.
Alberto Aguilera

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:11 am

It's not just from another produce. I said from both combined.

No they will not be in the red.

It's been a proven fact that if you reward your customers like this with free DLC's sales of the vanilla video game will rise up a little bit more than what it usually sells on a regular day. Then there is the crazy people who purchase another copy of that same video game again, they are few, but enough to earn the video game development companies money.

I purchased the PC version of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind at full price 5 times, no discounts or sales. I purchased the PC version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 4 times at full price, no discounts or sales. I purchased the PC version of Fallout 3 4 times at full price, no discounts or sales.

ZeniMax Media Inc. and Bethesda Softworks are private AAA video game publishing companies they have no public trading on the stock market or investors, maybe a few private investors.

sam

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Your mathematics is both ridiculous and unwarranted.

If you think that's how a company views things it's lucky you're not responsible for providing security to a lot of people's lives. Games are a luxury, if you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple.

Asides from that very simple fact, what would you then say to those who bought the Season Pass at both the reduced and hiked prices? "Sorry but we want these people to have free DLC so they can get some false sense of worth"? I'm finished replying to you, because, as I said before; Living in a dream world.

Felix Walde

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 pm

The people who purchased the Season Pass will get their value from the Far Harbor expansion pack being sold. I'd rather see the Far Harbor expansion pack get sold for $50 dollars (USD) instead of $20 dollars (USD).

Also I'm not living in a dream world. I'm against business models like this. I don't like when business like to earn money selling products like this. I'm even for making it be illegal. We are going to argue about this and go back and forth. So there you go you know I'm against this.

KRistina Karlsson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm

I feel you like loads of other people who disagree with how they feel always pull the "nostalgia" card. Not every time someone who has a problem with the game or its content are all nostalgic complainers. Like him everyone is entiteld to there opinion and shouldn't instantly be accused of lack of exceptional opinion. I agree with him as many other people do with the game and its content. I feel you just didn't like the way he presented his case so you threw the nostalgic card on him.

Long story short I agree with him. I wouldn't word it the way he did... but for the most part this game and its content is not the Fallout games we know.

Jonathan Egan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:26 am

Im just gonna go ahead and average the non discounted price of those three games at $50 each. So you've spent over $600 just buying the same three games? I think I'm reading so,etching wrong here, that does not make sense.

Don't get me wrong Bethesda games are great. But not worth $200 per game...
Charlie Sarson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 am

it's mostly the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of all three of those video games.

The PC version of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind I purchased two regular physical boxed version, then Bloodmoon, then Tribunal for it, then I purchased a physical boxed version of the Game of the Year Edition (GOTY), then two digital copies on two Steam accounts, the PC version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion I purchased two physical boxed versions, then I purchased the physical boxed version of Shivering Isles, then I purchased two digital copies on two Steam accounts, then Fallout 3 I purchased two physical boxed versions, then two physical boxed versions with all 5 of the DLC's and expansion packs.

sarah simon-rogaume

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:14 pm

I guess I'm a console gamer, so things are more simple for me. But that doesn't make sense to me. To each his own!
lauren cleaves

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4