DLC joke BETHESDA ?!

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm

but he actually have a point about what he said.

CHANONE

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Comparing Automatron to the NV DLC which wee also 10$, I completely disagree. Automatron is worth about 5$ for the amount of content it offers, which isn't much outside of the robot building.

Automatron is great for what it is, but I don't think it was worth 10$ when you compare it to what a 10$ DLC in New Vegas got us.

phil walsh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:45 pm

They're following the same kind of idea as skyrim with DLC. Couple large and then a few small. So comparing it to NV where they were all only medium-small is silly. Far Harbour in theory should blow NV DLC away. As others have mentioned the NV DLC was also useless outside of itself (sans armor and weapons) where this brings useful features to the entire base game. Most weren't even expecting a story at all and we were given a couple hour questline.

Oh and not to mention how grossly linear all the NV DLC was. Woof

Eileen Müller

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:09 am

LOL u guys and comparing prices. Really u guys make me laugh sooo hard.

First u compare a game from what 4 year ago. U know economies change right??? ofcurse a game that used to cost 5$ new 4 years ago now will cost 10$.

Plus if i compare Gunner Runner Arsenal with Automatron like i did. Automatron will win each time.

I love YOu

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:47 am

You didn't catch on to what I was talking about, did you...

Eh, bad jokes.
M!KkI

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:39 pm

I'm not interested in robots either.

But if we are talking about 'building robot', then I'd definitely pick it up way over anything related to zombie and alien.

rebecca moody

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Um yes for some video games we did get things such as maps and weapon accessories for free in patches, before 2009 the Call of Duty video games got maps and weapon attachments for free in patches.

Then there were the expansion packs that we sold in physical boxes as well.

Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Unreal Tournement 3 (III) got community made maps released for free officialy

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind got some mods released for free, not in patches though.

Prohibited

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:07 pm

You gotta change your sig to- "I'm probably joking"

But then no one would take you super seriously anymore.

The horror.

Verity Hurding

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:22 am

I'm comparing the price tags. Automatron doesn't even come close to the same amount of content that Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road had. They are both 10$ and are both part of the same franchise so yes, they are comparable.And all of New Vegas DLC being linear? The only one that was linear was Lonesome Road.

Also, considering how bad Bethesda's storytelling has been lately, I highly doubt that Far Harbor will hold a candle to NV's DLC. A big landmass means nothing if it has no substance.

Maria Garcia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Yeah, I said that lol on it's own it does not. You can make your own comparisons if you want but I still think we got more than I expected for $10.

You don't pick up on exeggeration easily do you? Dead Money and Lonesome Road were very linear. You couldn't progress anything in Dead Money without doing specific things first.

Steve Bates

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:40 am

I have to agree.

Also In b4 people start bashing NV because Automatron is getting bashed.

To be fair Bethesda compared Far Habor to Dawnguard and Oblivion DLC. They just using the same logic Bethesda is and if we go by it I agree that Automatron isn't as good as any of the NV DLC but it's is on par with the Fallout 3 DLC.

Amelia Pritchard

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:13 pm

It's kinda hard to treat Automatron the same as any of the NV DLC because they are in their own small areas but Automatron is set in Boston they just added to a few locations we already been to.

Add Meeh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:22 pm

If you're standards are lower for the DLC then that's fine. Mine however aren't, especially after the high quality DLC that NV delivered. Every DLC in New Vegas (Besides the Gun Runner's Arsenal obviously) had more content and was higher quality than Automatron and they cost the same amount of money.

Also, linear isn't a bad thing, especially when they are as Good as Dead Money and Lonesome Road were. An open DLC means nothing when it has no substance, which other than the robot building (Which gets old very quickly), Automatron lacks.

April D. F

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Oh, the joys of being like me, sometimes serious, usually not :P

I did put that on my status though, but who reads those anyways?

Edit: changed my sig, here we go. Maybe having Saizo as my picture for a week and a half made people take me more seriously?
Yama Pi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:25 pm

I think most people are in agreement with wanting more than JUST story DLC at this point. A lot of people have asked for expansion to the settlement building and other crafting/customization. I love story DLC but that's not what this is. To many people they will get more value out of this $10 DLC than any of NV $10 for the simple fact that it keeps going. It adds to the existing base game more than just a couple crappy outfits and unique weapon variants. So if you "standard" is solely based on NV type DLC that's on you. More content, yes, useable long term content, no.

phil walsh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:32 am

My standard is more content and higher quality DLC, which Automatron fails on both levels. It's worth 5$ for what it offers, not 10$. I wasn't even counting it's tacked on story. And as far as "adding to the base game, it sure as hell doesn't add much that doesn't get boring after an hour.

katie TWAVA

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 pm

I think that it's great

louise hamilton

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:14 am

Well now we're just dealing with opinions. The "more content" in NV DLC lasts exactly that long. Then it's gone. Never to return again. Sooooo IN MY OPINION, the content from Automatron will provide people with more entertainment longer. I enjoyed even that small silly questline more than I did some of the NV DLC. But that's how opinions work.

Dezzeh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:06 am

Opinions aside (Which I'm not going to get into because I would end up going against the forum's rules), the DLC in New Vegas had more content than Automatron does, that's a fact, not an opinion. The fact that Automatron costs the same as the NV DLCs and has less content is unacceptable.

Marcin Tomkow

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 pm

I can't talk about the comparison to New Vegas' DLC because I never bought or played them, but I do have to point out the obvious fact that having less base content doesn't necessarily mean the DLC should be priced lower. A software's value is more about the quality and enjoyment that it delivers, and I suppose how much time any one person will spend customizing and building their robots will ultimately determine how much value they get out of this DLC.

So far opinions about it seem to be mostly positive.

Laura Ellaby

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:01 am

First thing's first.....go buy and play them. They are all great. What are you still doing here reading this? Go buy them right now!

Second, I fundamentally disagree with you. The price should always be based on the amount of content that's in the DLC.

James Rhead

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:33 pm

it took me 5 hours to beat the mechanist quest. I stopped to read all the terminals, looked over most every nook and cranny just in case of hidden treats and unique weapons. It adds new armor, it adds a handful of new weapons (more than i was expecting). on top of making robots seem significant (as they should be, they are advanced tech, not just another enemy type) as well as giving huge customization options for new companions.

The more you do in the base game, the more this dlc has to offer. but if you are just running through it as fast as you can you probably won't notice much content at all.

ashleigh bryden

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:43 am

That's nice dear. I'm having a lot of fun playing. Bethesda nailed it.
Eric Hayes

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:59 pm

I only played FO3 casually. It never drew me in. FO4 grabbed me by the onions! Sorry, but My money was well spent! DLC was worth about 30 cigs!

get a job and you will learn real value of $.
BethanyRhain

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Can I just say, the only real experience I have in gaming was Borderlands 2, which I first got into just after the end of its (rather long-running) DLC cycle. So I never saw fan reactions to it. And I want to say, I am [censored] appalled at the way some of you react to this content. They added an addition to playtime equivalent to about 5 hours (per character) if you go in-depth with the robot creation. So, for every character, that's about 2 movies for less than the cost of a movie ticket. They also added in a completely new layered feature and new companions, armor, weapons, and items. No one is making you purchase this content, and it is more than what Bethesda advertised - they claimed it would be "an extremely short quest line" with "robot building, you can customize it however you like... it's really deep"

So if you aren't happy with what you got, go find some other game to play. Thank you Bethesda, the first piece of DLC I've gotten from you is blowing me out of the water. Can hardly wait to see what other content you release for this game!

john palmer

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4