Duel Wielding/Weapon Customization

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Yes I would love dual-wielding soo much! I always want to make a Mage and an Assassin character. Unfortunetly, I never receive the true feeling of an assassin without dual blades.
Hopefully I can dual-wield in Skyrim.
Bambi

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:09 am

im all for dual wielding as long as its a separate skill and u would also need a respective weapon skill to go with it. in oblivion the way u swung your weapon was determined by how u move but maybe make dual wield attacks random between thrust and slash. also instead of swinging both at once it could alternate with each trigger pull and while u retract one weapon u swing the other giving u greater attack speed and then use the second trigger (or whichever button u use on pc) to block but with less effect than a shield or maybe be unable to block at all to balance the extra speed.

as for customization i say put in as much as u can :)
Kim Kay

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:46 pm

The main character I play as in all medieval RPGs is always a dual-wielder. I have had to make due in TES games. I would love to have it in the game.

Ways to balance:

1. Only be able to do it with short weapons
2. Have it be a mastery (so you can't do it until you are pretty high of a level anyway)
3. Don't double the damage, but do have it be more than just one sword (maybe)

And... other stuff I can't think of.

Basically, I just want it for the looks and feel of my character. I would actually be ok with it being purely aesthetic and not contributing to damage at all (of course, this assumes the animations adjust for the extra weapon).
Tanya

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Dual wielding is just silly,

how is duel wielding small swords/daggers (which was done quite a bit in history) more silly than shooting out blue puffs of frost? or any magic for that matter?
John N

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Dual wielding is stupid and gimmicky.

The only games that have ever pulled it off (when it comes to melee weapons) are Bioware's games, and those have a completely different interface than TES.

Edit: And weapon customization should only be present if coupled with some sort of blacksmith skill. It doesn't make sense for just anyone to be able to go in a make a sword.
Batricia Alele

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 am

Duel wielding should be an option but don’t increase the damage but the attack speed (i can't see how two weapons hit harder than one)having no shield will give you defense, block and passive enchantment penalties while the damage will be lower than a two-handed.
Kellymarie Heppell

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:51 pm

1) I would like to see possible spellsword abilities like shocking people through the blade/hammer as you connect or leaving a trail of flame in an arc dealing very low weapon damage but setting everything on fire.... that could be expanded on.
2) I would also like possible moves with 2handed blunt weapons that literally break shields and/or small weapons when someone tries to block the attack. There would be huge penalties since you commit your full body into the move, thus allowing nimble folk can dodge it if they are wary 2 handed swords could skewer a couple guys in a row with a successful lunge when they are lined up, but limited to light armor targets who again... can dodge it if they are wary.

I think the idea is to improve upon what is there already, because there is soooo much role-playing to combat that people have never even thought about.
aisha jamil

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim