Enclave or BOS

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:55 pm

The NCR ranger give you a task to go out and murder them. "Mass murder" is subjective to point of view too. So I just break it down to "amount killed". I don't recall right off hand if they are a branch of the NCR armed forces or not.

That struck me more as a last resort chosen by that particular ranger since the slavers refused to leave. Certainly there's corruption in the NCR as Fallout isn't that black and white, but the NCR doesn't go around murdering people for no reason if they don't get their way. The Enclave murders a lot of innocent folks without hesitation in both Fallout 2 and 3.

Well maybe not 100% but they had enough confidence they could cope with anything they had too. They had huge stocks of gear and talent at the ready.

It doesn't really look like the Enclave even considered the long term consequences of the FEV. They just saw an opportunity to gain power more easily after recovering Richard Grey's modified strain from the ruins of Mariposa, and took it.

They are the saviors of human kind as they know it?

That doesn't answer my question.
Marcus Jordan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 am

It doesn't really look like the Enclave even considered the long term consequences of the FEV. They just saw an opportunity to gain power more easily after recovering Richard Grey's modified strain from the ruins of Mariposa, and took it.

I think they planned sufficiently. They had a virus that killed humaniod life forms in like a minute, and then it would then die off. could be filtered but PA and Vault air filtration systems so no chance of killing them selves off before the all clear. They viewed it as the best way to eliminate all threats at one time instead of going down the path the BoS did in the DC wastes. Protracted warfare to waste all there resources and precious man power.

That doesn't answer my question.

So saving your race from destruction isn't enough to rally to a cause? There's plenty of times where "a few die so more can live" works on the whole.
Kira! :)))

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm

I think they planned sufficiently. They had a virus that killed humaniod life forms in like a minute, and then it would then die off. could be filtered but PA and Vault air filtration systems so no chance of killing them selves off before the all clear. They viewed it as the best way to eliminate all threats at one time instead of going down the path the BoS did in the DC wastes. Protracted warfare to waste all there resources and precious man power.

It definitely would have stayed around for longer than a minute seeing as how it was going to be carried through the jet stream to "cleanse every nook and cranny of the globe".

The Brotherhood in the Capital Wasteland definitely weren't embarking on a very worthwhile task I agree, but that struck me as bad writing more than anything. No member of the Brotherhood of Steel would be stupid enough to dedicate all of those resources to an unwinnable battle.

So saving your race from destruction isn't enough to rally to a cause?

The Enclave was acting out of bigotry plain and simple. The average wastelander is just as human as the average Enclave member; the only thing saying otherwise is the differentiation of a couple of DNA strands. That's hardly justification for killing everyone.

There's plenty of times where "a few die so more can live" works on the whole.

In this case it's "more die so a few can live". The west coast at least was doing perfectly fine without the Enclave.
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 am

AND ENCLAVE TAKES THE LEAD!!

GO ENCLAVE!

Current votes:

Enclave 33 {} BOS 32

Me still going for Enclave ja? Zey are de best ja?

Ja Man
kasia

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Change of pace!

What does the BoS have to offer the Wastes? Say the Enclave never came to the Wastes and the LW never existed... What chance would the BoS have?

Ja Man

Nice to see people agrees with Francois. ;)
No Name

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 am

Change of pace!

What does the BoS have to offer the Wastes? Say the Enclave never came to the Wastes and the LW never existed... What chance would the BoS have?

Nice to see people agrees with Francois. ;)

Ja Man!

Peoples treet da Enclave like cocka Roaches (accent, not misspelling). Why in da world wood ya suport da Brada hud? Dey offa no betta dan da Enclave.

Foe Jamaica Man!
Aaron Clark

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:42 am

"Rebuilding America" is about the stupidest possible dream in Fallout. There is no way a rational human being would even think that it was possible, or even desirable.

The Enclave loses out for me because they represent Greed and the ultimate expression of selfishness. The fact that Eden and Richardson are almost carbon-copies (apart from showing a lack of creativity) proves the Enclave is staffed by gullible idiots. "Oh hey, this plan didn't work last time, but I'm sure it will work this time!"

The Brotherhood loses out for me because they have made themselves a non-entity. In F1, the BoS tries to stay neutral and sequestered. They engage in limited trading because they have to, and then decide to try their hand in local politics (F2) to either great failure, or no effect. As documented in both F2 and F3, the BoS is a shadow of its former self. The West Coast Brotherhood is an example of LoC (lack of creativity) in my eyes.

The wasteland doesn't need them.

I disagree with the sentiment that NCR doesn't "murder people" or whatever the argument is. The Chosen One is never presented with evidence that this occurs, but we see only one town in F2, and there is plenty of evidence that the NCR is not afraid of strong-arm tactics and intimidation. It would take nothing to dress up as some raiders and kill a few people in a town in order to convince them of the benefits of annexation. And, like any organized government, they will do anything it takes to remain in power. If that means a few troublesome villagers die where no one cares about, then whatever. To suggest that this kind of thing doesn't happen just because we don't see it is pretty naive.
Bad News Rogers

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 am

"Rebuilding America" is about the stupidest possible dream in Fallout. There is no way a rational human being would even think that it was possible, or even desirable.

That was the primary reason for there organization! They looked to the future saw the nuke holocaust and planned for the future comeback of America post bombs.
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:34 am

That was the primary reason for there organization! They looked to the future saw the nuke holocaust and planned for the future comeback of America post bombs.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

For the Enclave and their dream!

Laura Hicks

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:12 am

Point goes to the Enclave.

I'm curious as to why wanting to rebuild America is bad? *scratches head*
pinar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 am

Point goes to the Enclave.

I'm curious as to why wanting to rebuild America is bad? *scratches head*

Cause' they destroyed the World?

Ooops... Shouldn't say that... IT WAS CHINA! *Men in black come and steal Francois*
LADONA

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Ooops... Shouldn't say that... IT WAS CHINA! *Men in black come and steal Francois*

No, no, no...it was the aliens we had that horrible nightmare about, remember? ;) *Let Francois go!*
Darlene DIllow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:34 am

I personally support the Enclave.
Before some BOS really devoted fan starts the GENOCIDE!!!! cries again, let me explain.
Even if they aren't ghoulified, everyone in the wasteland has minor mutations in them.
The Enclave are doing the right thing when you think about it.
With mutations come mutants. With mutants comes violence. With violence comes life continuing to be living hell.
When the wasters are dead, no more mutations.
No more mutations means no more mutants.
No more mutants means the Enclave can start rebuilding civilization from a clean slate.
It's not as black and white as some like to make it.
Dan Scott

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Well gamesas didn't really explore any might haves, they kinda just chucked them in a generic bad guys, even though it does kind of break canon to even have them in there in the first place with the destruction of there base in FO2. They basically fed us a re canned storyline with even more blunders to make them even more easily defeat-able.

You REALLY have an obsession with bashing the game in every post you make, Andaius?

China invaded Alaska in the first place.
Daniel Holgate

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:22 pm

You do bring up a valid point, but what proof do we have that the Enclave would have been better? Autumn's methods are still harsh, but he doesn't follow the Enclave's traditional plan. In the same sense that Lyon's detachment doesn't represent the BoS, I would say Autumn doesn't represent the Enclave. If these discussions are to be about the Enclave, then their plot can't be ignored. Autumn is a completely different story. I see Autumn as truly of pure intentions, but he still goes about it too harshly. Regardless, in the end, Autumn either dies or wanders off never to be heard from again. The Enclave is a brutal group. The soldiers follow their leader obediently and without question, not truly seeming to understand what it is they are doing. Autumn's soldiers were most likely limited within the Enclave. He could have taken control, but still would have been too harsh and would have become distant enough from the tradtitional Enclave's plans that he and his group could not be considered the traditional, shadow government Enclave. The Enclave was behind the Great War and the Vault Experiments. the true Enclave should not be permitted the title of heroes, but neither should the BoS. The wasteland doesn't actually have many heroes, but if the CW did, it would be the Lone Wanderer and James, but not the Enclave and not the BoS. The true BoS are definitely not good, but neither are the Enclave. They are opposing forces, but neither is truly capable of accomplishing what they want.

Well, look at it like this, Eden
Spoiler
is a computer
and Autumn has his
Spoiler
Destructing code, ready to be used if Eden is ever getting out of hand
so no matter what, Autumn's ways will be what come to fruition (if the Enclave won) in the end.

And if the Enclave did win, with or without Eden, the water would still be getting to all the people of the wastes, wile those people will have to be dependant on the Enclave, is that a bad thing? at least they WILL all be getting their water for sure and not playing roulett with the rivet city guards and having a good 60% of people missing out completely.

Also, the wastes would be a better place generally. No more super mutants, meaning the capitol oculd be re built. no more giants insects, capable of killing whole families, less human mutation, deseas and poor health, as the enclave has some pretty descent medicen supply's riveling the contolled vaults. So the people have to salute the Enclave and what they reprisent, so what? It's A generally better life, and all the BoS is doing is standing in their way.
lucile

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:01 pm

I personally support the Enclave.
Before some BOS really devoted fan starts the GENOCIDE!!!! cries again, let me explain.
Even if they aren't ghoulified, everyone in the wasteland has minor mutations in them.
The Enclave are doing the right thing when you think about it.
With mutations come mutants. With mutants comes violence. With violence comes life continuing to be living hell.
When the wasters are dead, no more mutations.
No more mutations means no more mutants.
No more mutants means the Enclave can start rebuilding civilization from a clean slate.
It's not as black and white as some like to make it.

I am with you...
BRIANNA

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 pm

I am with you...

Second that.
Floor Punch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:37 am

:banghead: The Enclave are not good, period. They were never intended to be good and they are not. Try justifying a mass-murdering terrorist.

1. Wastelanders are human. Everyone in real life is mutated and many people in real life have mutations like the ones in Fallout(radiation-induced). Would you kill them? How would it be "better for humanity"?

2. Does it look like Black Isle Studios and Bethesda wanted them to be anything less than evil? I thought it was pretty clear they were evil after watching just Fallout 2's introduction. Have you seen it? Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PXiV95kwA

3. They were responsible for the Great War and all the mutations you see in the wasteland. The vault experiments were their mess. Everything is their mess. How are they possibly capable of restoring or maintaining their fascist version of America?
Stacy Hope

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:43 am

Please forgive me if this is already explained or I missed something obvious, the purpose of the
Spoiler
FEV was to kill off everyone and everything that is mutated right?
So what exactly is supposed to be used for food if all of the animals and plants are dead? I have the feeling I am missing something obvious.
Racheal Robertson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Please forgive me if this is already explained or I missed something obvious, the purpose of the
Spoiler
FEV was to kill off everyone and everything that is mutated right?
So what exactly is supposed to be used for food if all of the animals and plants are dead? I have the feeling I am missing something obvious.

The Garden of Eden Creation Kit
Your Paradise in a briefcase
(Just add water)
vanuza

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:56 am

The Garden of Eden Creation Kit
Your Paradise in a briefcase
(Just add water)

Wasn't the
Spoiler
G.E.C.K
used as parts for the
Spoiler
Purifier
? Also wasn't that ruled as unstable technology? Although on the other hand the Enclave might not have known that. I got to say if they were planning on using the
Spoiler
G.E.C.K
that isn't really raising my confidence in them :lol:.
Nina Mccormick

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:51 am

If the BoS take over:

World eventually falls apart or stays terrible with hell-loads of pathetic people.

If the Enclave take over:

World falls apart AT FIRST then rebuilds better than before using better technology.
Jesus Duran

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Wasn't the
Spoiler
G.E.C.K
used as parts for the
Spoiler
Purifier
? Also wasn't that ruled as unstable technology? Although on the other hand the Enclave might not have known that. I got to say if they were planning on using the
Spoiler
G.E.C.K
that isn't really raising my confidence in them :lol:.

There are more than one of those things. Plus the one in Vault City (Fallout 2) worked just fine.
Jade Payton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:48 am

There are more than one of those things. Plus the one in Vault City (Fallout 2) worked just fine.

Yes but in Fallout 3 James had said that the
Spoiler
G.E.C.K
is unstable and dangerous. He supposedly confirmed this when talking to the creator of the
Spoiler
G.E.C.K
himself. Are we just supposed to believe that was false? I guess it is just a question of which game do you believe, Fallout 2 or Fallout 3 :shrug:.
Katey Meyer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 am

:banghead: The Enclave are not good, period. They were never intended to be good and they are not. Try justifying a mass-murdering terrorist.

1. Wastelanders are human. Everyone in real life is mutated and many people in real life have mutations like the ones in Fallout(radiation-induced). Would you kill them? How would it be "better for humanity"?

2. Does it look like Black Isle Studios and Bethesda wanted them to be anything less than evil? I thought it was pretty clear they were evil after watching just Fallout 2's introduction. Have you seen it? Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PXiV95kwA

3. They were responsible for the Great War and all the mutations you see in the wasteland. The vault experiments were their mess. Everything is their mess. How are they possibly capable of restoring or maintaining their fascist version of America?

Well, Seti, you can be so black and white, we'll be logical... But whatever... All you do is flame us for likeing something you don't... We like these guys for a reason, you can't tell us we can't. Sorry if that offends you, but we like Enclave, we look at the big picture, you look at the little picture...
Jason Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3