Enclave or BOS

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 pm

I support BOS, but I have done this to see the majority, I think they should have made alternate paths, then you could follow BOS but if you opposed the brotherhood then you can join the enclave and fight the alternate path?
Chavala

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 am

If I had to choose between the two its B.o.S. However my LW despises all factions aside from BOSO, because they keep to themselves unless you piss them off :)
Matthew Barrows

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 pm

The enclave is just superior plain and simple. Sacrifices must be made to rebuild "the greatest country in the world" to its former glory.
Nicholas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 am

Neither, they are both weak and powerless. Aslong as any force has a shread of emotion, they shall always fail to truly conquest the wastes and any other plot of land.
Tamara Dost

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:29 pm

BoS, the goals they've maintained are moral.
Claire Lynham

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:51 am

Neither, they are both weak and powerless.

Compared to the Lone Wanderer at the age of 19, yes. :P

Enclave for me. I liked my time in the army.

Or perhaps the Outcasts as they seem to be neutral enough.
FITTAS

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Neither!

My lone wanderer is his own faction.. its his world and the BoS and Enclave are simply living in it, if he chooses to let them.
Fluffer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:52 am

You sure like to make threads, don't you?

Anyways, the Enclave is superior in every way to the Brotherhood, so it is useless to support the BOS.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:20 am

You sure like to make threads, don't you?

Anyways, the Enclave is superior in every way to the Brotherhood, so it is useless to support the BOS.

yeah, the reason I make so many threads is because I only joined two days ago and I love chatting with other people about fallout
Red Sauce

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 am

Enclave for me if that's my only choice. I really do prefer to be my own man so to speak. I work for no one, if I can help it.
RAww DInsaww

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 am

I'm really surprised by this poll so far, I expected BOS to be at lest 70%
Gwen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 am

I'm really surprised by this poll so far, I expected BOS to be at lest 70%

A lot of people became fans of the Enclave after they learned that they'd never get to play as that faction. And some people really do see them as the only way to rebuild the USA.
I love YOu

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am

A lot of people became fans of the Enclave after they learned that they'd never get to play as that faction. And some people really do see them as the only way to rebuild the USA.

I see what you mean... because of the way the game portrays them it makes them seem like the villians, but really, there not, they're doing what they know is right...
Prohibited

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 pm

The enclave is just superior plain and simple. Sacrifices must be made to rebuild "the greatest country in the world" to its former glory.

Here we go again. The pieces have been set back up again:

Have you ever watched the introduction to Fallout 2?

Have you ever seen what the Enclave does?

Have you ever heard of their plot in Fallout 2 and 3?

How can you ignore the evidence placed in front of you?

The Enclave are and have always been evil, even in Fallout 2. They treat everyone who is not one of them like dirt and want to eradicate them, as they are not "pure". Liking the antagonist is not a bad thing, but reversing their role to a heroic protagonist is ridiculous. They ARE evil, or at the very least, chaotically neutral. There is no way these elitists are good, or anywhere close. They are on the evil side, even if you try to pass them off as neutral. I see some people saying that Fallout 3 isn't canon, yet they use "evidence" from the game to try and prove their point. One, Fallout 3 is canon. Two, they are evil in both Fallout 2 and 3. Terrorists believe what they are doing is right, but do you consider them good? Can you even say they are anything less than evil? How are the Enclave different? They are elitist snobs who kill anything that isn't "pure", and still treat the "pure" ones, like vault-dwellers, like dirt. They are bad news and what Bethesda AND Black Isle Studios says is true, is true. They are evil.

Richardson's Enclave was just as bad. Their philosophy is exactly what Eden's is.

Also, Autumn still shoots innocents and still considers anyone who is "impure", dirt. He would never treat a wastelander as his equal, not even close. Eden's Enclave and Richardson's Enclave ARE the Enclave. Autumn doesn't lead the Enclave. He is one person with perhaps only a few soldiers following him. We only know that Autumn doesn't like the FEV idea, but only Autumn. Both known leaders of the Enclave supported use of the modified FEV and so most of the Enclave would have as well. The true Enclave has made that their goal. Fallout 2's Enclave was attempting the exact, same thing. Autumn is still part of the Enclave and still follows their philosophy, but only he has been confirmed of disagreeing with this one thing, and of course there will be some who disagree, but Autumn and a couple of his soldiers do not represent the Enclave. He didn't even appear in Fallout 2. Face it, the actual Enclave supports the eradication of the "impure".

I have no clue, but it doesn't matter. The Enclave don't work like the game's karma system. They can't erase their habit and record of GENOCIDE by "giving caps to the beggars", as a metaphor. Their actions are completely unacceptable. There is no way they are good. It's impossible for mass murderers to be considered good, especially when they still practice genocide.

The modified FEV would kill most of the wasteland, not just ghouls or super mutants. Ghoulification is not a disease. It also is not contagious. The Enclave themselves were going to kill much of the U.S. remaining human population. Once again, I also would like to refer to Fallout 2's introduction. Explain that and other human casualties caused by the Enclave. By what you have told me, I am guessing that Richardson is a good speaker as he seems to have convinced you that the Enclave are harmless.

The modified FEV Richardson wanted to use would kill off almost all wastelanders because almost all of them have a small mutation. This strain of FEV was almost identical to Eden's, which would have had nearly identical effects.

Checkmate.
Bird

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:09 am

@ Seti: It doesn't matter if you think they are evil, the Enclave is the only faction capable of restoring America.
Ashley Campos

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 am

@ Seti: It doesn't matter if you think they are evil, the Enclave is the only faction capable of restoring America.

At what cost? How is an oppresive and controlling government like the Enclave going to restore America? They destroyed it.
Danel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 pm

im with seti 100% the enclave shoot people on sight regardless of if there a ghoul or not.there own president couldn't even control his own army.how can they rebuild America if they can't maintain order?
Monika Fiolek

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 am

i dontthin the enclaves restored america would be like the pre-war america.. i dont think thats possible since all of the pre-war americans were killed by vault experiments
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

Ingame: Enclave (love the advanced power armor, etc.)
Real Life: BoS
Dale Johnson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:44 am

I don't support either. The Enclave are a bunch of psychotic sociopaths who are trying to commit mass genocide on their own countrymen under the false promise of "restoring America", and as for the BoS, while Lyon's BoS does mean well, they don't seem influental enough to actually save the Wasteland because of the fact that so many of their own men desert them to join the Outcasts. Plus the real BoS only cares about collecting technology.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 am

it has to be the bos. i mean what has the enclave ever done for the lone wanderer? they tried to kill me on several occasions. they forced dad pretty much to kill himself. the bos? they gave me a follower. they gave me armour and loot. they have never tried to kill me or anyone else that didn`t deserve it (apart from ghouls on occasion according to some in underworld). they fought the super mutants and saved the people of the capital wastes from being overrun.
Luna Lovegood

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 am

The Enclave has the only real chance of restoring America. The BOS are barely doing anything, especially Lyon's division.
Dale Johnson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 am

When the United States declared it's Independence, England called them Terrorist, but fortunately history is wrote by the Victors, not the losers. One man's hero, is another man's villain. In World War 2, German soldiers were Heroes in the eyes of the German populace. Not so for the countries they attacked.
Lauren Graves

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:09 am

The Enclave has the only real chance of restoring America. The BOS are barely doing anything, especially Lyon's division.

1. The Enclave can't restore America, especially when they couldn't maintain it.

2. The Enclave are a bunch of genocidal murderers.

3. At what cost, the lives of most American citizens?
Sarah Kim

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 pm

1. The Enclave can't restore America, especially when they couldn't maintain it.

2. The Enclave are a bunch of genocidal murderers.

3. At what cost, the lives of most American citizens?

You sir fail to understand that there are no Citizens. What the Enclave is trying to do is conquer and secure the land that once was the United States. And to do that, without other strong factions jumping in to toss a wrench in the machine, they need to eliminate them. And chem warfare is easily the easiest way to do so.
Samantha Wood

Next

Return to Fallout 3