Enclave or BOS

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 am

Brotherhood of steel my current character loves hunting and killing the enclave and then selling all their gear to Moira
Chelsea Head

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 am

got to be BOS.
Lori Joe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 am

All you Brotherhood of Steel Fans...

Don't look at the Steel you know, who is white knights and makes enclave look OMGZDEMONBADGUYZ!!!

Look at the first two games who show the real them. Brotherhood is basically the enclave, except they only care about themselves and tech, not America. Enclave is pretty noble, they may shoot wastelanders, but you know what, as stated above, once all the mutants are gone, the people will be safe, and won't have to worry about super mutants. They'll get food and water, safety, and shelter. Isn't that all that we need? They'll also have clothes? Wow Enclave, thanks for helping all these poor wastelanders who aren't mutated who can't stand up for themselves? Or should I say, "Thanks Enclave, for keeping us clean, well-fed, and thirst-free." Oh wait no I'll use, "Enclave you're the best, you keep your soldiers healthy, fed, thirst-free, and comftorable, unlike the Brotherhood, who just lets them starve instead of kill three or four mole rats."
Devin Sluis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 am

To be honest, I'd go for the Enclave. They got the better tech, and lets face it, without the Lone Wanderer the BoS would've been ground into dust...
Charles Mckinna

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 am

You sure like to make threads, don't you?

Anyways, the Enclave is superior in every way to the Brotherhood, so it is useless to support the BOS.

so very very true
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:41 am

I support the BoS, they might lack a great armor, big army and High-Tech stuff, but their intensions are pure : Aqquire Pre-war tech and preserve it so it may help all of humanity (I'm not sure if they're going to help the commies, but who cares?)

And Elder Lyons gave them another goal, wich made the D.C. BoS goals even more humane: Stop the Super Uglies. The Other elders may see him as an traitor, but I'd like help when some Uglies got me and strap'd me up to become an Ugly myself

Plus, they have Liberty Prime
Spoiler
Well, that is, until those Enclave Idiots shoot it to pieces :'(

LIBERTY PRIME OWNZ YOU! :nuke:
Vicki Gunn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:45 am

i like the bos more but i usualy wear the tsar-power-armor of the enklave.
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:25 am

No matter what, I believe morality is more important then fighting a lost cause.
Tamara Primo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 am

Yeah okay, I think some of you are looking too deeply into the Enclave. They were from day one written to be a one dimensional, evil faction of stereotypical villain archetypes. You've got the mad, manipulative leader and the brutal, sadistic henchmen. It doesn't really get any deeper than that.

If the Enclave can't restore America, than no one can.

The New California Republic is doing a much better job at restoring order to the wasteland than the Enclave. The Enclave isn't productive at all; all they've really done since leaving the Poseidon Oil Rig off the coast of California is engage in slave and drug trade, as well as try to wipe out the entire world with a poisonous aerial FEV in Fallout 2, and when that failed they tried to wipe out the Capital Wasteland with a poisonous liquid FEV in Fallout 3. Meanwhile the NCR was actively trying to non-violently recruit settlements into a single, organized governing body. There's no reason to believe that the Capital Wasteland can't get its own NCR; the foundations are already there in Rivet City.

In conclusion the Enclave isn't necessary to restore order because wastelanders have already proven that they can do it themselves both small and large scale, and the final nail in the coffin is that for all the claims the Enclave has made they have yet to actually do anything that isn't destructive and unethical.
Emma

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:32 am

BTW, why did the NCR go to war against the BoS?
Anna Watts

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Woah, 50% 50%
CArlos BArrera

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 pm

All you Brotherhood of Steel Fans...

Don't look at the Steel you know, who is white knights and makes enclave look OMGZDEMONBADGUYZ!!!

Look at the first two games who show the real them. Brotherhood is basically the enclave, except they only care about themselves and tech, not America. Enclave is pretty noble, they may shoot wastelanders, but you know what, as stated above, once all the mutants are gone, the people will be safe, and won't have to worry about super mutants. They'll get food and water, safety, and shelter. Isn't that all that we need? They'll also have clothes? Wow Enclave, thanks for helping all these poor wastelanders who aren't mutated who can't stand up for themselves? Or should I say, "Thanks Enclave, for keeping us clean, well-fed, and thirst-free." Oh wait no I'll use, "Enclave you're the best, you keep your soldiers healthy, fed, thirst-free, and comftorable, unlike the Brotherhood, who just lets them starve instead of kill three or four mole rats."

Just so you know...

1. They were always meant to be evil.

2. They are mass murderers.

3. 99% of wastelanders have a slight mutation, making them all vulnerable to the Enclave's FEV.

4. They will kill the people, not help them.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 am

I don't see how the enclave could save America if their going to whipe out almost all of its population, are they trying to recreate the 'garden of eden' in their own form?
Chase McAbee

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 pm

I don't see how the enclave could save America if their going to whipe out almost all of its population

Liittle by little. Pure people breeding more pure people. Not fastest solution unless they start farming people to repopulate. :P
Eilidh Brian

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Liittle by little. Pure people breeding more pure people. Not fastest solution unless they start farming people to repopulate. :P

Thank you for that, my delightful friend.

Enclave Supports incist
Jonathan Egan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 am

Thank you for that, my delightful friend.

Enclave Supports incist

:biglaugh:

It of course depends on their numbers whether or not it would be incist, but I can't see any other way to procreate unless someone knows how to clone. That is, if they still would kill all mutated (to every degree) people.
Campbell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Thank you Pistolero.
jessica robson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Well they have all the control vaults populations to work with so I highly doubt there would be incist.

Seti just so you know:

1. They were always meant to be evil.

2. They are mass murderers.

3. 99% of wastelanders have a slight mutation, making them all vulnerable to the Enclave's FEV.

4. They will kill the people, not help them.

1: not from there point of view, they are saving Humanity that sounds pretty good doesn't it?

2: So is every other power out there.

3: Unfortunate but necessary to retain "pure" humanity's gene pool.

4: they ARE helping there people, they're making the wasteland safe for the average joe down the road!
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:30 am

Well they have all the control vaults populations to work with so I highly doubt there would be incist.

Seti just so you know:

1: not from there point of view, they are saving Humanity that sounds pretty good doesn't it?

2: So is every other power out there.

3: Unfortunate but necessary to retain "pure" humanity's gene pool.

4: they ARE helping there people, they're making the wasteland safe for the average joe down the road!

1. No, they're saving themselves.

2. Every power is murder?

3. I'm sure a small mutation that doesn't do anything wrong calls for redrum.

4. No, again. The average Joe has a mutation, right? I mean, all wasters do, right? What makes Joe different?
Leah

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Again your missing looking at it from there point of view.

They are whats left of humanity remember? they only consider "pure humans" humans everyone else is a mutant. So they in fact are saving humanity. You call the "purging" of the pitt, or the trench warfare they're waging in all mutants mass murder wouldn't you. Aside from the BoS and Enclave what other powers do you have? Raiders? Talon? Even the "good guys" do plenty of killing AKA mass murderers, all of them.

A Small mutation now could cause very big problems down the road. So the minor mutation today could cause 3 arms and 15 fingers several generations down the line. I'm talking about the "average" Human joe, not the average wastelander mutant joe.

EDIT: Talonfire yet they where meant to be the big bad but from what I remember they did have just enough gray in there that could see there justifications. The whole "desperate times call for desperate measures" thing. Also For anyone who thinks I'm crazy hardcoe enclave supporter, No in reality I wouldn't support them as I'd most likely be a outsider to there orginization and be put to the plasma death just like everyone else. I can just look at it from there point of view and see there justifications and thinking.
Scared humanity

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Again your missing looking at it from there point of view.

They are whats left of humanity remember? they only consider "pure humans" humans everyone else is a mutant. So they in fact are saving humanity. You call the "purging" of the pitt, or the trench warfare they're waging in all mutants mass murder wouldn't you. Aside from the BoS and Enclave what other powers do you have? Raiders? Talon? Even the "good guys" do plenty of killing AKA mass murderers, all of them.

A Small mutation now could cause very big problems down the road. So the minor mutation today could cause 3 arms and 15 fingers several generations down the line. I'm talking about the "average" Human joe, not the average wastelander mutant joe.

EDIT: Talonfire yet they where meant to be the big bad but from what I remember they did have just enough gray in there that could see there justifications. The whole "desperate times call for desperate measures" thing. Also For anyone who thinks I'm crazy hardcoe enclave supporter, No in reality I wouldn't support them as I'd most likely be a outsider to there orginization and be put to the plasma death just like everyone else. I can just look at it from there point of view and see there justifications and thinking.

Thank gosh, someone else who likes to look at the top, bottom, and sides of things. I was trying to say that all night to these guys. But it's like they never read it.
mimi_lys

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 am

Yeah I know, Having that ability comes in handy not only in RP while gaming but you know in real life too. :P
ashleigh bryden

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:32 am

Indeed it does, I could derail this thread with my ramblings of how if I had done so, my life would of been more fulfilled.
Jacob Phillips

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:56 am

Talonfire yet they where meant to be the big bad but from what I remember they did have just enough gray in there that could see there justifications. The whole "desperate times call for desperate measures" thing. Also For anyone who thinks I'm crazy hardcoe enclave supporter, No in reality I wouldn't support them as I'd most likely be a outsider to there orginization and be put to the plasma death just like everyone else. I can just look at it from there point of view and see there justifications and thinking.

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to be empathetic towards an organization that wants to wipe out everyone in the world who isn't a member of their elitist group. Just because they want to rebuild America doesn't mean they're "morally gray"; they haven't performed a single action that makes me think for a second that they're merely operating in a gray area. Or did slave trade, drug trade, mass murder and genocide become acceptable while I wasn't looking?
Mélida Brunet

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 am

You have to look at it in context to there future goals. They used the Slavers yes, and the crime families for good reasons. Ever power in the wasteland is guilty of mass murder. Genocide is the only acceptable answer to safely eliminate all the dangers in the wastes in the least resource draining way. There "elitist group" as you say was the reminder of "humanity". There two goals are to make the wasteland safe, and rebuild the country. Both goals are "good" just how they go about doing that is the "evil" 2 goods and one evil I would say make a "gray".

IIRC Richardson said something to the effect of "Sorry it has to be this way but but we have no choice, i'm sorry" to you when talking about the FEV
Add Me

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3