Is Everyone In The Wastleand Gay?

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 pm

This is pretty much it.

I have seen a good few people who seem to be homosixuals in the wasteland, and I was wondering if this was really nessecary. Why make their sixualities clear?

Veronica, Arcade, some Major at the Mojave outpost... the list goes on. Boone is the only person who has gotten married, to my knowledge.
Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:36 am

Lolwut. The NPCs you cited pretty much rounds up the list of homosixual characters in FNV. Homophobia much?

EDIT: Okay, there are more gay characters than those three. But my basic point was that, there are far more heterosixual characters openly expressing their sixuality in the Mojave and you don't seem to have a problem with them.
Devils Cheek

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:54 am

I thought that if there was a high percentage that I'd found, then there would probably be a lot more that I hadn't found.

Another, one of the First Recon Snipers at McCarren, there, I've found two boys and two girls.
DarkGypsy

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:46 pm

It gives an added layer of realism to the game. I see no reason not to have openly gay characters in the game.

As for the question. No not everyone in the Mojave is gay.
Kirsty Wood

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 pm

It seemed weird, because I had never noticed it in any other play through, and then there seem to be a lot of people hinting at being gay.

Not that I mind, I was just surprised.

On another note, are you still in the Nellis Convention Styles?
Emily Jones

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:19 pm

No, not everyone in the Mojave is gay. It's just that, with a post-apocalyptic civilization and without organizations such as my beloved Catholic Church :cryvaultboy: they are more free to express themselves without religious authorities or the overwhelming pressure of society to force them to remain silent.

-Nukeknockout
Penny Flame

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:09 pm

There are a lot of openly gay people in real life.

so whats your point then?
Colton Idonthavealastna

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:22 am

No, not everyone in the Mojave is gay. It's just that, with a post-apocalyptic civilization and without organizations such as my beloved Catholic Church :cryvaultboy: they are more free to express themselves without religious authorities or the overwhelming pressure of society to force them to remain silent.

-Nukeknockout

But the Major at Mojave Outpost said to me that there was a fair bit of prejudice in the Mojave, so I would have thought they would have kept quiet about it.
Rob Smith

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:22 pm

It would be wise not to go into real world religions and their views on things.

As long as there are people on this earth, there will always be prejudice.
Dagan Wilkin

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:57 pm

But the Major at Mojave Outpost said to me that there was a fair bit of prejudice in the Mojave, so I would have thought they would have kept quiet about it.

There's a fair amount of prejudice in real life as well, that doesn't stop people from being openly gay.

Really, what's the issue here? That four or so out of the hundreds of NPCs in the game happen to be gay? If anything, that's probably an underrepresentation.
Liv Brown

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:24 am

I'm not gonna lie, I did think it was kind of weird that two of the companions were openly gay. Not weird in a homophobic way, just weird because you wouldn't expect to see it.
Trey Johnson

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:31 am

I'm not gonna lie, I did think it was kind of weird that two of the companions were openly gay. Not weird in a homophobic way, just weird because you wouldn't expect to see it.

This is what I mean. I had no intention to offend, I just thought it unusual, especially no-one in FO3 was gay. I didn't see it coming.
Veronica Flores

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:29 pm

This is what I mean. I had no intention to offend, I just thought it unusual, especially no-one in FO3 was gay. I didn't see it coming.

No one in Fallout 3 was openly gay.
amhain

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 pm

No one in Fallout 3 was openly gay.

Antony Ling was stereo-typically gay. Not openly though.

But I'm pretty sure Mr. Burke and Tenpenny may have had something going on. :hubbahubba:

(Just kidding.........sorta :shifty: )
Kayla Oatney

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:45 pm

You understand how I didn't see this coming then?
Jordan Moreno

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:48 am

It would be wise not to go into real world religions and their views on things.

As long as there are people on this earth, there will always be prejudice.

Point, and point. I will be more careful in the future.

Particularly since it's after the old world was destroyed. I imagine a lot of progress in the fields of psychology & sociology was lost.

-Nukeknockout
sexy zara

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:22 am

I liked the way Obsidian handled it, as in, they didn`t make them act or speak in a stereotypically gay manner. Obsidian showed them as they really are, just normal people. I was also pretty impressed that they added another facet to the Brotherhood that I`ve never really thought of before.
Lori Joe

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm

What facet was that?
Taylor Bakos

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:31 pm

I liked the way Obsidian handled it, as in, they didn`t make them act or speak in a stereotypically gay manner.

Jimmy in Freeside begs to differ. :laugh:

Anywho, I kind of appreciate what Obsidian did because it gave me tolerance because I hadnt noticed Arcade was gay up until he said something about many lovers in FALS, yes, the 'lucky man' comment back at Old Mormon Fort completely me escaped me. :laugh:

I think Obsidian did well showing that not all gay people speaking with lisps, are angry lisbian feminazis, or feminine men. I think the McCarran chick and Jimmy are the only two cliches, and the reason a cliche is cliche is because it happens alot, whether we like it or not. But it isnt 100% guaranteed. If anything, Obsidians treatment of 'Gays are people, not an alien race here to kill us all one persons sixuality at a time' taught me and hopefully others more respect for gay/bi/lisbian people.
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 pm

But I'm pretty sure Mr. Burke and Tenpenny may have had something going on. :hubbahubba:

(Just kidding.........sorta :shifty: )

Nah, Burke was straight. As a female character you can seduce him into abandoning his plan to bomb Megaton or give you more caps for it with Black Widow.
Yung Prince

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Well, if there are gays, Burke could've been bisixual.
Dean

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:27 am

Just to make the game deeper I reckon. It's the year 2011, we got the Iphone, we got homosixuals.

I don't have a problem with it, if some fella wants to rollerblade shritless through Central Park, God Bless.

If some gal wants to join my slow pitch softball and team and buy the first round of beers afterwards? Then I say that's dandy! I have an extra ticket to a melisa ethridge concert, would you like to join me?
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Yes. I'd always wondered about Ed-E... those foofy little squeals he always makes when following close on my butt.... in the mojave, always sleep on yer back!
Del Arte

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 am

There are a lot more homosixuals than you'd like to think.

Homosixuality is a part of humanity and they have just the same rights to express it as straights. Get over it.
There are homosixual companions mostly for equality issues I'd assume, same way BioWare does it to give player more.. ahem.. "options".
Sarah Kim

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:19 pm

What facet was that?

That most of the Brotherhood is against homosixuality because they want as many people to procreate as possible. That they're dying out because most of them refuse to have any positive interaction with the people outside.
Susan Elizabeth

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas