[WIP]Experimental Vault 64

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm

His mod would have to contain references to community members. ( I think )
Penny Wills

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 pm

His mod would have to contain references to community members. ( I think )

He could have, say, a particularly Evil guy named Jonny who wrote the manual on changing the currency for the vault's merchants! :bolt:
Nicole Kraus

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Or add a holotape about some guy named "Combine" that was one of the now long dead vault tec employees that suggested an elevator or an improved vault-alert system for Vault 64 only :D
Sammykins

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:14 am

Yeah, I'm sure you can come up with some easy-to-do loop holes ;)
Lifee Mccaslin

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Competitions are not part of my hobby. Not only that, but I can't create 'dialog' or 'quests' to save myself from a wet paper bag. Almost a pre-requisite for a 'NPC' mod.
I will continue plodding along at my own snail's pace with no 'deadline' looming over my head like a dark cloud of stress and anguish. :lmao:
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am

Competitions are not part of my hobby. Not only that, but I can't create 'dialog' or 'quests' to save myself from a wet paper bag. Almost a pre-requisite for a 'NPC' mod.
I will continue plodding along at my own snail's pace with no 'deadline' looming over my head like a dark cloud of stress and anguish. :lmao:

i was wondering if you have posted a link for this? maybe im blind and missed it, thanks
Enie van Bied

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 am

I will continue plodding along at my own snail's pace with no 'deadline' looming over my head like a dark cloud of stress and anguish.

:goodjob: I applaud the particularity with which you choose to handle your modding (or at least interaction with the community.) It is good to see a modder who does not simply conform to what the community wants at the expense of his/her own fun with the projects they are working on. So, once again, :goodjob:
Farrah Barry

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:25 am

i was wondering if you have posted a link for this? maybe im blind and missed it, thanks

Check post #175 on page 9. It has the link.

I applaud the particularity with which you choose to handle your modding (or at least interaction with the community.) It is good to see a modder who does not simply conform to what the community wants at the expense of his/her own fun with the projects they are working on.

I am a bit odd, I have been told that by many people, online and in my life. :) It does not bother me. Heh heh.
Alexxxxxx

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Check post #175 on page 9. It has the link.

I am a bit odd, I have been told that by many people, online and in my life. :) It does not bother me. Heh heh.

maybe i worded it wrong i meant the link for your mod. not the competition :embarrass:
Aman Bhattal

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 pm

His mod isn't finished yet.

Anyways, Williesea, have you considered adding a working jukebox to that rercreation area (one that allows you to play individual songs)?
It's a fun feature, and you can do it with a fairly simple script. :)
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Yevic! No more ideas for Williesea! :stare: It'll just take more time!!!!! :ahhh:
Felix Walde

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 am

Yevic! No more ideas for Williesea! :stare: It'll just take more time!!!!! :ahhh:

:lol:

Like I said though, its pretty simple, about an hour/half-hour in the GECK :)
Gemma Archer

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 am

Anyways, Williesea, have you considered adding a working jukebox to that rercreation area (one that allows you to play individual songs)?
It's a fun feature, and you can do it with a fairly simple script. :)

If I knew how to get the jukeboxes working, they would be working by now. LOL
Or were you talking about something else?

The jukebox is one of those things on my list of things that need to be finished. I want the area to be a 'dance' floor, thats why its so open with the nice wood paneling, fancy carpets and hanging chandeliers.
Robert Jr

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Its simple, just make your menus with the choices, extract the songs from you sound .bsa and make new sounds using them. Then you just have to put them in the cell and give them references.

The different buttons will look like this

ifbutton = 1		song1ref.enable ;the song you want to play		song2ref.disable		song3ref.disable		song4ref.disable		; you get the point. You just have to take into account that another song may be playing when a song is selected, thats really the only hard part, and even that isn't hard, just time consuming

Tania Bunic

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:13 am

This is the first fully realized vault I've seen since FO2. Outstanding.
joseluis perez

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:43 am

Oh, you mean sound objects.

I was more hoping for a 'radio station', like galaxy news.

I suppose a selectable 'jukebox' would probably be better. Charge 5 caps per song. Heh, heh.

It would be easy enough to stop the other songs from playing.
Probably better to let the current song play before the next one starts though. Perhaps, like a playlist or something. It would not be too difficult to script. I am kinda warming up to this idea of a selectable 'jukebox'. :)

@TostitosLime - I did not like the vaults in the FO3 vanilla game. They are all so small for a vault that holds 1000 people. Where did everybody live, in the halls? LOL
Of course, this one will not hold 1000 people either. Oh well, I was going to put in a dormitory below the living quarters.
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 am

Whatever way you decied to do it, I'm sure it will be great. I prefer that way simply because if I'm sick of a song I can change it.
As for the size of the vaults, a lot of them have collapsed areas. (just saying, you never know what was down those halls :) )
Jessica Raven

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 pm

WillieSea, do you have an email address? I need to PM you, but my PM thing is not working. I can recieve PMs but I cannot send them.
Jennifer Rose

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:32 pm

I always felt 'uncomfortable' when the Vault 101 door was sitting there open, but knew that I never had a reason to be concerned...same goes for any other house/house mod out there, even if you leave a trail of gold and food to your open door, the NPCs will just ignore your house of riches and food. It would be cool to have the vault be attacked or vulnerable if you leave the main door open. Perhaps you could have a 'silent hunter' or mysterious group try hunting and attacking you in the wasteland with some kind of reference that they are looking for your vault...and then if you left the door open, there could be a small chance that the vault could be found and attacked.

Setting up defenses and having the alarms go off would be really cool and add to immersion. Going out and proactively defending your vault by hunting the team down first would also be a cool option.
Stacyia

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Hey There WillieSea,

Just wanted to let you know that everything is looking great, who am i kidding it looks fantastic. i have been following this since your first thread and just a few months ago i finally decided to make an account on this forum. i cant wait for you to release it, i guess i'll have to be paitent. its just like waiting for some DLC ^_^ i really hope that it is going to be better then it looks (hope that didn't sound rude i had no intention of being rude :P ) Cant wait man!
jessica Villacis

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:46 pm

I agree with Toryn, that sounds like a great idea. We could put those turrets and defenses to good use! But I remember making a comment on Ancient Towers with the same idea for that mod, and WillieSea said something (some elaborate reason that I cannot remember) saying that he could not do it. I hope he can this time!
Epul Kedah

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:41 am

Is there going to be some sort of botanical garden as well ? I always liked the idea of underground gardens and caves :D
courtnay

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 am

Willie what exactly is the "Romance Room"? <_<
Cassie Boyle

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:36 pm

I always felt 'uncomfortable' when the Vault 101 door was sitting there open, [snip] It would be cool to have the vault be attacked or vulnerable if you leave the main door open. Perhaps you could have a 'silent hunter' or mysterious group try hunting and attacking you in the wasteland with some kind of reference that they are looking for your vault...and then if you left the door open, there could be a small chance that the vault could be found and attacked.

Setting up defenses and having the alarms go off would be really cool and add to immersion. Going out and proactively defending your vault by hunting the team down first would also be a cool option.

Good idea. Difficult to make it seem realistic. I could drop some raiders at the entrance if the door is left open though... :shrug:

Just wanted to let you know that everything is looking great, who am i kidding it looks fantastic. i have been following this since your first thread and just a few months ago i finally decided to make an account on this forum. i cant wait for you to release it, i guess i'll have to be paitent. its just like waiting for some DLC

I have been busy the last several weeks helping somebody else with a mod. I can now spend time on this one again...

Is there going to be some sort of botanical garden as well ? I always liked the idea of underground gardens and caves :D

There is a 'Garden' room. I have not done much with it yet. It has trees, astro-turf, and hopefully clean vegatables that you can harvest.

Willie what exactly is the "Romance Room"? <_<

Just a room that uses the heart shaped bed and other objects. Take a look at the bottom two pictures in this image:
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64031.jpg
Luis Longoria

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:54 am

This hobby project of yours is truly amazing!

I love all of the features, really makes you want to explore it all and then feel proud when you got everything working. It really makes you want to take good care of it and spend more time there :tops:

I have a thing for "portable home/vault" because I am a pack rat with my games (if it isn't glued down, I take it) and I like to display my finds. I see that you have done this feature by:
--Hand held unit teleports you to the Vault 64 Materialization room.
--From there, you can teleport to any location you have dropped 1 of 5 teleport markers at.
--You must find the teleport markers that are placed throughout the vault.

I understand once we find and place those markers, we will be allowed to teleport to them, but can we teleport from anyplace to Vault 64? Another words, say we are out in the middle of no where and just want to go to the vault, can we teleport from that location, or do we have to visit one of the markers that we placed first?

If we can't teleport from anyplace, could you think about adding this feature? You don't have to, this is your project of course :) If you would like to look at a mod that has a similar feature, http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5066 is what I use (I edited the inside for my needs and game play) and it works like a charm. In stead of being teleported there though, the outside of the home sorta teleports to you, then you can click on it to go inside. You don't have to use this feature of course, would be better to just be teleported to a room inside the vault.

Anyways, no worries if you don't want to :) I will still use this when it is done.
roxanna matoorah

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3