[WIP]Experimental Vault 64

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:03 pm

Yeah, the airlock chamber only exists as a rusted version so I had to make my own. I also did not want the 'water pipes' hanging down so far, so I removed them totally. I wanted an open room. I then just retextured it with the unrusted vault textures that come with the game. I then shrank the big vents that come down to 70% It was pretty simple to make.

The TV sounds cool. I would sure like to have that in my simulated houses.

The clock is simple. Its only about 6-8 lines of code. Very simple math to get the hand angle based on the current game time. I implemented linked references so now one script can be used for all clocks. I used to have to make a special script for each and every clock. This made the clock mods messy with tons of scripts.
Joanne

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm

The clock is simple. Its only about 6-8 lines of code. Very simple math to get the hand angle based on the current game time. I implemented linked references so now one script can be used for all clocks. I used to have to make a special script for each and every clock. This made the clock mods messy with tons of scripts.

Suprisingly, thats one of the first scripts I learned (thanks to you) :lol:
Paula Ramos

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:20 pm

The havoc (physics) are there for a working pool table, but there is not a good way to allow you to 'hit' the ball, unless you want to use a pistol to shoot the ball. Ha ha haa!
So, there will probably not be a 'working' pool table in my mod.

If you allow the ball to go into the pockets and when you start a new game of pool it could generate them into a triangle, Shooting them wouldn't be that bad of an idea. It'd be like russian poolette? A bit i guess.
If you were determined enough you could make it so you can hold the poolstick and then when you go to *hit* it it infact just acts like you would shoot a real poolstick instead of holding it like a bat.

Another suggestion along the gaming type is i've seen chessboards or checker boards or whatever they are throughout fallout and i've always wanted to play those. You could use the pick up object button to move it around and then place it on the spot you want.

I think the AI's for this would be pretty difficult to impliment. So once again not dissapointed if I get shot down for my idea lol.

Another random thing is if you have a projector or something along those lines somewhere I'd like the ability to shut it off or change the slides, you cant do anything to them vanilla : (

Last thing is if there are robot maids or whatever you are calling them patrolling the halls it'd be nice for them to pick up anything left on the floor and put it in the nearest trashbin.
neen

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 pm

hello there mr willisea ^_^

I remember your first oblivion mods hehe glad to see your still in the modding scene :) mod looks good, keep up the good work ^_^

peace out
RAww DInsaww

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:42 am

williesea,
for the screenshots, i was not the one to first ask that, i guess someone posted it and never posted again
but if you have the time, the level screenshots would be much apreciated
BrEezy Baby

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:37 am

Layout of most of the vault from the geck

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64Map01.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64Map02.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64Map03.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64Map04.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64Map05.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64Map06.jpg

I know you are a GECK nerd if you try to adjust the view when looking at the pictures... :)
Cameron Wood

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 pm

I guess I'm a GECK nerd, cant blame a nerd for tryin though, can ya? :embarrass:
Anyways, amazing attention to detail, the whole vault looks impressive :)
Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:08 pm

Wow, this is impressive! Looks amazing so far.
I can imagine how many times I will get myself totally lost in there. :lol:
Lily Something

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:40 pm

williesea,
I must say, this project is beautiful
Every part looks like it flows perfectly.
I give you props man, probably the most creative piece of work. Also you never mentioned a theatre, but it looks good,
So very good
Lyd

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Once you start reading the overhead signs, you should not get lost very much. It took several days, and some new mesh textures, but I placed signs everywhere to help you find your way.
The exit signs will always point you to the vault entrance/exit.

Those are not all of the places in the vault. But they are some of the most important I think.
Jack Bryan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:57 pm

wow this has grown since i saw the first thread...
Any plans to make "You are here" maps so we won't have to keep checking the pipboy?
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi WilliSea,

These Overlook Screenshots are looking great! As i can see you have plenty room for armors and weapons as it is my most-wanted-thing for house mods. ^^

The Private Suite looks empty. Can the player choose later a Suite style? Or is it determined to keep it empty?

So much room as i can see. How many Androids have you planned? Do they travel around in the vault?

As Brandon written, some overview map station with "you are here" would be great. I think some map station in each cell, should be enough, but its not necessary.

Last Question: I know, this is asked a lot. When do you think it will be finished? What kind of work is left?
casey macmillan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:38 am

Any plans to make "You are here" maps so we won't have to keep checking the pipboy?

Nope. I am using direction signs instead.

Once you start reading the overhead signs, you should not get lost very much. It took several days, and some new mesh textures, but I placed signs everywhere to help you find your way.
The exit signs will always point you to the vault entrance/exit.

These Overlook Screenshots are looking great! As i can see you have plenty room for armors and weapons as it is my most-wanted-thing for house mods. ^^

The Private Suite looks empty. Can the player choose later a Suite style? Or is it determined to keep it empty?

So much room as i can see. How many Androids have you planned? Do they travel around in the vault?

As Brandon written, some overview map station with "you are here" would be great. I think some map station in each cell, should be enough, but its not necessary.

Last Question: I know, this is asked a lot. When do you think it will be finished? What kind of work is left?

1. The Display room will be next to the Master Suite. Its not finished yet.

2. The private suite has not been designed yet. So, its still empty.

3. Probably a couple of andriods per cell. Nothing definate yet. I am hoping they will move around. No, they will not pick up your trash as there is not an AI package that would do that.

4. The overhead signs should be enough. Once you wander around the vault a while, you learn the shortcuts and layout. The map idea sounds unplausible. The vault dwellers would quickly learn their way around live there their entire life. Map stations would conflict with this premise.

5. Check the first post, for the section about the most asked questions.

I may start cutting stuff out of my plans for the mod or it may never get done... sigh.
They would make good updates though.
hannah sillery

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 pm

You could release a base pack and then addons such as the simulations, realism controls, etc. :shrug:

EDIT: (using Combine's idea.) you could make an elevator, and then if you went with the above idea (or something even remotely similar) you could script in new "floors" for the elevator to stop at and thus could add anything you want after 1.0 release.
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:54 pm

I just got an idea that you "may" like, but it would mean more and maybe complex work. In my opinion its more for realism or as a little bonus. Most Vaults seem to be directly(and not really deep) underground, vault 101 for example. I mean there are deeper levels, but c'mon they are connected by stairways and that doesn't give me the feeling that vaults or at least 101 are located deep within the earth.

I might be wrong but i don't think the rocks that cover a vault - 101 for example - are big enough to protect the vault from an atomic blast. So, what about an elevator? You could enter the vault (64) and end up in a normal vault entrance. Then another door that would lead further into the vault would instead lead you to a working elevator(the one where you fix the radio for 3-dog for example) that finally brings you down into the vault. This gives you the feeling that you are deep beneath earth ^_^

You could include that in a further update if you like the idea and if it won't cause further trouble with scripts or anything else.
Kate Norris

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:27 pm

I gotta say I am extremely jealous, I play on the 360 but am now seriously considering buying a gaming pc so I can play willies mods. I also have to say that I am impressed withe level of professionalism that you show with peoples comments, critiques, ideas, etc.. It is obvious that you love what you are doing and very cool that your love of modding is bringing "joy" (for lack of a better word) to so many other people.. I've been wanting to get a desktop gaming pc and after seeing this I think that as soon as I have the spare coin I will most definately invest so that I too can enjoy your mods (which from what I see look more ike expansion packs)

KUDOS WILLIE!!!
SUck MYdIck

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:15 am

I gotta say I am extremely jealous, I play on the 360 but am now seriously considering buying a gaming pc so I can play willies mods. I also have to say that I am impressed withe level of professionalism that you show with peoples comments, critiques, ideas, etc.. It is obvious that you love what you are doing and very cool that your love of modding is bringing "joy" (for lack of a better word) to so many other people.. I've been wanting to get a desktop gaming pc and after seeing this I think that as soon as I have the spare coin I will most definately invest so that I too can enjoy your mods (which from what I see look more ike expansion packs)

KUDOS WILLIE!!!

Wow, Willie... I gotta say... I knew you were amazing, but converting console gamers to the PC? :bowdown:
Love iz not

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

Sadly for my self, that is not the first positive conversion comment from an xbox player about my mods. I guess I am a modder nerd, a computer junkie. sigh

I will probably try to finish up what I currently have and release updates when I finish other parts of the vault. Even that would still be some time off to complete whats left. And I still need to create a 'walkthrough' for the mod. Seems my beta testers were getting frustrated because it was so big and they did not know what to do, or could be done.

An elevator would have been cool. What I did instead is have several sets of stairs go downward. And down... I also put a bunch of huge rocks on top the vault to make it seem further underground. They were supposed to be built into mountain sides, not hills. :shrug:
I may use the elevator idea in a later release. :)
jodie

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:50 am

williesea,
just an idea, but for the implant chips that you can upgrade yourself with,
how about one of them has thermal vision or night vision
or one that speeds you up, or lets you carry more
or one that can make you fly
here is a link of someone that made heat vision in oblivion, maybe you can make it fit into your vault

just an idea

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2731
Racheal Robertson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:34 pm

williesea,
just an idea, but for the implant chips that you can upgrade yourself with,
how about one of them has thermal vision or night vision
or one that speeds you up, or lets you carry more
or one that can make you fly
here is a link of someone that made heat vision in oblivion, maybe you can make it fit into your vault

just an idea

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2731

I've already asked him, mate. He said no. :cookie:
Ladymorphine

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Well, that sounds pretty cool! I think that might be an 'add on' for a later.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Excellent as always. :D
I've seriously opened my mind to mods lately.
They don't all have to be super serious. :)
Floor Punch

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:03 pm

I've already asked him, mate. He said no. :cookie:

It would be a lot more work, and add to my timeframe.

I would like to get this thing in a ready state. There have been a lot of ideas that I will/may implement in updates to the mod.
After I get the base mod out, I can update if from then on. Of course, the 'base' mod is still going to be rather large! :)
Jennie Skeletons

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 am

I made a few changes to the arena.
1. There is a 10% chance per spawned ghoul that a gun turret will also spawn on the ceiling of the room.
2. HiScore is now tracked. When you turn off the spawner and you killed the last ghoul, a message pops up telling you your score and the hiscore.
3. Increased Max ghouls allowed to 15, decreased the minimum time between spawns.

Fixed all the issues with the quest, it now works perfectly.

Fixed issue with simulation terminal where the Obstacle course would load if you had the Arena disc.

Cooked hotdogs and marshmellows over the firepit for dinner tonight.

Having blog war with family on MySpace.

Now its time for sleep. :)
Anthony Santillan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:22 pm

WillieSea, the TESNexus and Fallout 3 Nexus team just created a new competition. I think your mod fits the requirements, so here is the link, and I hope you check it out:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/competition.php

Oops, well I see that it has to incorporate Community Based experienced, but it still might be worth looking into.
Charlie Sarson

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3