[WIP]Experimental Vault 64

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 am

Vault 101 is no longer the Jewel of the Wastes. Vault 64 is the New Jewel of the Wastes.
TOYA toys

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Its probably time for another picture of what I have been up to...
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64053.jpg

The automatic doors work pretty well. Now I just have to fine tune them.
M!KkI

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Its probably time for another picture of what I have been up to...
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64053.jpg

The automatic doors work pretty well. Now I just have to fine tune them.

Looking good. :tops: What did you think of the currency idea I had in quotes I posted before? By the way just letting you know that if you have a Beta up within the next 2 weeks I'll be at home the whole time with little to do so I'll be able to happily and thoroughly playtest your mod. Anyway, goodluck with the rest of it. :)
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Liking the sound and look of that detention centre
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Really, I love all this detail you're putting in. Cannot wait to be able to play it :P
Eoh

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:06 pm

What did you think of the currency idea I had in quotes I posted before?
By the way just letting you know that if you have a Beta up within the next 2 weeks I'll be at home the whole time with little to do so I'll be able to happily and thoroughly playtest your mod. Anyway, goodluck with the rest of it.

1. Your idea is what I was already doing, without the details and storyline.
2. Good to know.

I am taking my time in making the mod. Probably why its taking so long! :lol:
But it is slowly getting there.
kasia

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

1. Your idea is what I was already doing, without the details and storyline.
2. Good to know.

I am taking my time in making the mod. Probably why its taking so long! :lol:
But it is slowly getting there.

Ahhh must have read it differently, good to know. :) No rush, take all the time you need (as long as it will be Beta'd in the next week ofcourse :P ). Would it be possible to use the same numpad found in the MQ (
Spoiler
In the end of the MQ where you pick to die and must enter the code at the console
) and be able to get the keys pressed via script? If it is possible maybe you could place the necessary numbers on pieces of paper throughout various parts of the wastes (ie, washington monument on a senators corpse, VaultTec HQ on an engineer, etc) to allow the player to access things like configuring the currency, gaining access to special areas, etc.
James Smart

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm

You must have missed my keypad locked safe. I made it a while ago. (Top Right pic)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64033.jpg

The only clue you get is that its a 7 digit number. But, when you click the wrong number, you get an error beep. So, it should not take long to figure out the correct code. The safe has a missle launcher that creates its own missiles to fire. You only need to load one into the chamber for it to replicate the missle and fire it. Its also heavier and possibly less accurate.
Christine Pane

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 pm

You must have missed my keypad locked safe. I made it a while ago. (Top Right pic)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64033.jpg

The only clue you get is that its a 7 digit number. But, when you click the wrong number, you get an error beep. So, it should not take long to figure out the correct code. The safe has a missle launcher that creates its own missiles to fire. You only need to load one into the chamber for it to replicate the missle and fire it. Its also heavier and possibly less accurate.

I saw that picture but didn't notice the numberpad, saw more of the big hunk of metal around it. :P THE ROCKET LAUNCHER SOUNDS AWESOME! :tops: Very, very nice work Willie, and some excellent texturing and meshing too.
trisha punch

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm

williesea,
my god, this mod has gotten so big and amazing. what really made my jaw drop was looking at the hallway pictures.
i remember the first post you had, and you had a picture of the living quarters, and not much has changed, but the detail was so much more now, the faded paint really shows great detail and time and it really amazed me in a long time
please keep it up
Kelvin

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:38 am

I still think it's a shame you're stuck with using the keycard mesh for the water chip. I'd try to make the classic one, but I fail in the meshing world still. However, I can see someone frankensteining parts from the Bus Radio from the Fallout 3 intro with the holotape mesh to make it.....

Again, Amazing attention to detail. Even the generic switches are branded with the mighty VT symbol.
Mrs Pooh

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:50 am

Willie can you please explain just how these portible turrets work? I mean do you set them down and let them do their thing or are they installed at a specific location?
Cameron Garrod

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 am

All about the portable turrets

In the picture, the 'portable' turret is the model of the turret when you pick it up. Once picked up, you will never see that model again, and this is why.

1. You must build a portable turret. This requires 5 scrap metal, 10 energy cells and 1 laser rifle, all vanilla.
2. In the manufacturing wing, you place the materials in a locker, activate the terminal and request the manufacture.
3. When its done, it shows up at the end of the assembly line. (see picture in above post)
4. You pick up the portable turret.
5. When you want to 'activate' a portable turret, you drop it on the ground.
6. A 'real' turret is then materialized at the dropped location. It looks like any other turret in the game and will start blasting on 'its' enemies. Notice, I did not say 'your' enemies.
Its enemies would normally be evil factions and creatures.
7. You can activate this turret to return the materialization unit to your inventory. The turrent is then repaired back at the vault and ready for redeployment.

I like dumping a turret on a high rock, or on a truck trailer or something. That way, the enemies have a harder time attacking and destroying it. Place 3 of them together for a good burst of concentrated fire on enemies. Heh, heh, heh.
Del Arte

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 am

All about the portable turrets

In the picture, the 'portable' turret is the model of the turret when you pick it up. Once picked up, you will never see that model again, and this is why.

1. You must build a portable turret. This requires 5 scrap metal, 10 energy cells and 1 laser rifle, all vanilla.
2. In the manufacturing wing, you place the materials in a locker, activate the terminal and request the manufacture.
3. When its done, it shows up at the end of the assembly line. (see picture in above post)
4. You pick up the portable turret.
5. When you want to 'activate' a portable turret, you drop it on the ground.
6. A 'real' turret is then materialized at the dropped location. It looks like any other turret in the game and will start blasting on 'its' enemies. Notice, I did not say 'your' enemies.
Its enemies would normally be evil factions and creatures.
7. You can activate this turret to return the materialization unit to your inventory. The turrent is then repaired back at the vault and ready for redeployment.

I like dumping a turret on a high rock, or on a truck trailer or something. That way, the enemies have a harder time attacking and destroying it. Place 3 of them together for a good burst of concentrated fire on enemies. Heh, heh, heh.

Cool. B)

So for a laser turret you would need a laser rifle, but for a plasma or gun turret you would need something else? Can you just leave the turret there forever or will it eventually disappear?

This mod is going to kick so much [censored] when it comes out. :drool:
Ashley Clifft

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 pm

There is only one type of turret, the laser turret.

The turret should stay there until it gets destroyed. At higher levels, in game I will place the turrets at known raider respawn locations. This helps the merchants survive the wilderness a bit longer as the turrets will fire on the raiders. But you may loose a turret to their gunfire.
alicia hillier

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:02 pm

There is only one type of turret, the laser turret.

The turret should stay there until it gets destroyed. At higher levels, in game I will place the turrets at known raider respawn locations. This helps the merchants survive the wilderness a bit longer as the turrets will fire on the raiders. But you may loose a turret to their gunfire.

Oh, good. I'd love to drop a few of them outside the path to Big Town.
Jacob Phillips

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm

This keeps getting better and better. From how large a range do they shoot from, roughly?
Jack Walker

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:58 pm

After completing this mod, what do you see yourself working on next, WillieSea?
herrade

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:39 pm

Oh, good. I'd love to drop a few of them outside the path to Big Town.

I place them around the perimeter. When one of them goes for a walk, they can be killed. The turrets help them out.

This keeps getting better and better. From how large a range do they shoot from, roughly?

The same range as normal laser 'floor' turrets.

After completing this mod, what do you see yourself working on next, WillieSea?

My next project will be 'Clocks of the Wasteland'. I plan to replace all the broken clocks with working clocks in most cases. Some will deserve to be broken, but they will look better than a flat texture on the faceplate.
Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm

When you do release this mod to the public, will it be completely done? What I mean, is will you make additions to the mod after you release it, or are you going to leave it alone? I remember you making some changes to Ancient Towers after you released it, and I was curious if you were going to do the same with this mod.
Matt Fletcher

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 am

The mod will be complete, but I will probably have updates. This will be my 'home' vault, and I plan on playing the game for a while, so yeah. If I decide to add, or fix, or change something, there will be a new version available.
And the ideas from people will come in as well, once people play the mod. I am creative, but some peoples ideas are great and I am not ashamed to use them! LOL
Dorian Cozens

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:20 pm

I am creative, but some peoples ideas are great and I am not ashamed to use them! LOL

That's humility right there, and I respect that.
Vicki Gunn

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

Would it be possible for you to make a companion like turret? Maybe a spiderbot with a laser. Not like a real companion or anything, just a small creature or object that can follow you or caravans (the reason I thought of it) and protect you/them. This would be a fantastic implementation and all you really need is to create a follow/wait package for it (Appart from the meshing/texturing/rigging/animating which may be more of an issue depending on what you want). For following you could potentially have it follow a dummy actor and whoever is designated through script (maybe a marker gun will be used), the dummy actor would always be moveto'd that target and the spiderbot will follow it until it gets a new target or is told to wait. Nothing major but I havn't seen anything like this and as your mod was all about nerds experimenting why not? If you don't persue this I think this may become my new project.
CORY

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:26 pm

@PR0 6AM3R - That sounds like a whole new mod in itself! LOL

My mod will hopefully have a 'basic' robot that will follow you and attack targets. There are so many factions that its difficult to just add the player faction and they attack anybody that attacks you. That does not work very well I have found... I may scrap the whole robot follower idea since there are mods out there that already do this.
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:51 am

I think you're right, I think you don't need to make the robot.
x_JeNnY_x

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3