Fake Patch (Thread #3, for real)

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 am

I can confirm both the Olney Powerplant Coil room missing its roof, floors and walls and also I cant level either. Other wise broken steel works great with Fakepatch and the unofficial fallout patch
Tamara Dost

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:11 am

I can confirm both the Olney Powerplant Coil room missing its roof, floors and walls and also I cant level either. Other wise broken steel works great with Fakepatch and the unofficial fallout patch

Why would, not having 1.5, change that in any way, shape, or form? Why would it be missing?
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 pm

Im not sure, Im not a modder or anything just an "smarter then average" mod user but I do have the same problems that guy said, so I was confirming. I cant figure out why either, as far as i know olney powerworks is a new area so there is nothing that edits it.
Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:53 am

Im not sure, Im not a modder or anything just an "smarter then average" mod user but I do have the same problems that guy said, so I was confirming. I cant figure out why either, as far as i know olney powerworks is a new area so there is nothing that edits it.

have to tried (just to test) disabling all your mods, (minus fakepatch) to see if it is some sort of conflict somewhere?
Tai Scott

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 am

Here's http://download836.mediafire.com/i6mn55nmzweg/vzmtg2ugmuz/RemapWaterType.7z Plug it in after you enter Jefferson Memorial but before you activate Project Purity. As it turns out, the new function is necessary for it to be done w/o a separate plugin editing the worldspace records, activated in a timely manner.

Also, here's a http://download635.mediafire.com/45e2o54zd1cg/gmzkbfwvjqe/BS+Deleted+REFS.7z which undeletes, adds/removes "initially disabled" parent markers to/from the 34 "deleted' REF's in BrokenSteel.ESM. Just in case they cause anyone grief.

Are there any new links to RemapWaterType.esp and prototype please as those arent working anymore.
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 am

I'm having the Olney Powerworks bug too.
But I can live with that (Just tcl to the coil).
My real problem is that followers no longer follow me through transition doors since installing Broken Steel.
Someone has told me 1.5 has fixed this, but it breaks mods so I can't use it.
Phoenix Draven

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:47 am

I'm having the Olney Powerworks bug too.
But I can live with that (Just tcl to the coil).
My real problem is that followers no longer follow me through transition doors since installing Broken Steel.
Someone has told me 1.5 has fixed this, but it breaks mods so I can't use it.

I just looked in the GECK, and see 100% no reason this should happen...

You didn't happen to download it before it was finally put back up on the market, did you? It's possible, that it's not related to 1.5 at all, but rather a bugged Broken Steel.
Averielle Garcia

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am

Were you referring to the Powerworks bug or the companion fault?
Lucy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Were you referring to the Powerworks bug or the companion fault?

Powerworks
Everardo Montano

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:22 am

Report on fully functioning setup with fakepatch, 1.00.00.15 (whatever) and unnofficial patch (no water fix esp).

1. Entire game worked flawlessly until I reached the purifier at the last battle. At this point Sarah refuses to follow me into the purifier, preventing anything from happening, causing the game to not be endable.

2. Attempts to summon the little minx with placeatme didnt work (wtf am i doing wrong) so no joy there.

3. I did, in fact, encounter a super mutant overlord, but he showed up in little lamplight in murder pass.

4. I have not found any missing parts anywhere, or missing textures or models. Everything seems to work fine.

I will have to do a separate install with the latest patch to see what happens.

In the meantime, anyone got any ideas how to get that little twit into the control room?
Richard Thompson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 am

Report on fully functioning setup with fakepatch, 1.00.00.15 (whatever) and unnofficial patch (no water fix esp).

1. Entire game worked flawlessly until I reached the purifier at the last battle. At this point Sarah refuses to follow me into the purifier, preventing anything from happening, causing the game to not be endable.

2. Attempts to summon the little minx with placeatme didnt work (wtf am i doing wrong) so no joy there.

3. I did, in fact, encounter a super mutant overlord, but he showed up in little lamplight in murder pass.

4. I have not found any missing parts anywhere, or missing textures or models. Everything seems to work fine.

I will have to do a separate install with the latest patch to see what happens.

In the meantime, anyone got any ideas how to get that little twit into the control room?

prid 1D44F moveto player

That'll get the brat to you, and it'll work afterwards.

If you wanna test the olney powerworks area it's
Spoiler
coc DLC03Powerworks01

maddison

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am

[censored] [censored]

i finally get the game to work and now if i quick save the game crashes and it crashes when i try to enter the rotunda. what the [censored].

[censored] bethesda.

*edit*

After spending almost 6 hours going through every mod to get it working i finally figured out what two mods were breaking broken steel from loading.

So i loaded up an holder save game, got all my stuff out of those two houses, and then went to go do the final missions.

I get into the memorial, save, and then exit and turn on the water fix. THEN the game crashes if i open a door or try to save
IT ALSO screws up ANY save game that i load with it and makes that save game crash even if i disable the mod, so now i have to back from the start of the quest for the 4th time. WTF IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neok44- I was trying to resolve the same bug for week
Do you use Real Injuries/Real hunger mod? I found bug with RI_LootTablePN.esp component, which crash my game when I make save. You must locate the same component (which modify loot table pribably) and disable it. As workaround I found the next.
You must load the game twice before make attempt to save or change location.
And use CASM- it help you do not lose all your saves
Bethany Short

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 pm

OK, so to run BS I need what extra things with FAKE patch?
rebecca moody

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 am

prid 1D44F moveto player

That'll get the brat to you, and it'll work afterwards.

If you wanna test the olney powerworks area it's
Spoiler
coc DLC03Powerworks01

Test it with 1.0+fake+UOF3P
and with 1.5
with the same result- roofs/floors is missing.
I think it is bug of location, the same result I see when come to wrong places with TCL command :)
Welcome aboard, fellow testers- Bethesda needs in you.
You can be promoted to an honorary knight in circumvention of established procedures
Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 am

OK, so to run BS I need what extra things with FAKE patch?

Yes, but at first we all need working Broken Things :shocking:
James Baldwin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am

So everything has been working perfectly until now.

I got to level 21 and I allocated my points and chose a perk (not even a new BS perk but a vanilla one) and when I click the button to actually level up the game crashes.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 pm

I got to level 21 and I allocated my points and chose a perk (not even a new BS perk but a vanilla one) and when I click the button to actually level up the game crashes.

Thats the same problem Im having so my save isnt even playable, it'll load and act like it works fine but once i select my perk and hit countiue.. BAM Crash city.

As for the powerworks, yes when i played that level, i was using the version of Broken Steel before it was fixed, though the level up thing im still having even though i re-downloaded BS when it was put back on live.
Ricky Meehan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:07 pm

I receive 21 level through console (player.setlevel 20 + player.advlevel) and don't have issues with finishing level-up
Blessed DIVA

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 am

RAGE :D Recently reverted to 1_0_0_15 + fake patch...problem being, I've always had securom issues. I know securom had a fix at the site originally, only now, they just refer you here in order to patch to the latest version. Naturally, I'd rather not ;p Ideas?

P.s. isn't it time for a new thread?
Gill Mackin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 am

Neok44- I was trying to resolve the same bug for week
Do you use Real Injuries/Real hunger mod? I found bug with RI_LootTablePN.esp component, which crash my game when I make save. You must locate the same component (which modify loot table pribably) and disable it. As workaround I found the next.
You must load the game twice before make attempt to save or change location.
And use CASM- it help you do not lose all your saves

Nope wasn't using it. These are the mods i had to disable to get broken steel to work and what they caused:

-The Club House At Megaton - Crashed broken steel on load after main quest -- http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2722
--- I think it's because it's in megaton, going to try the vault 101 one to test later
-Springvale mini vault - Crashed Broken seteel on load after main quest -- http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1515
--- Most likely because of the changes in springvale for broken steel
-Wastelandsettler02armor.esp - Caues massive crashes when saving if activated with RemapWaterType.esp
--- I can't even figure out exactly what this mod is so for the time being, don't really care.
-Vltor SBR - Caues massive crashes when saving if activated with RemapWaterType.esp -- http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5520
--- I have no [censored] clue why this kills saving. makes no sense since all it does is add a weapon.
-Some Katanas - Caues massive crashes when saving if activated with RemapWaterType.esp -- http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5660
--- exactly the same as above.
jessica breen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 am

can't there be a mod that fixes VATS?

yea on my game for the pc version of fallout 3 some times the VATS just show 0% chance to hit the enemy even if i got a clear view of the enemy and even if im in range. i never had that problem on the ps3 version. but maybee it becouse it the pc version IDK. if anybody can tell me plz do. how or when they going to fix this
Sylvia Luciani

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 am

Thats the same problem Im having so my save isnt even playable, it'll load and act like it works fine but once i select my perk and hit countiue.. BAM Crash city.

As for the powerworks, yes when i played that level, i was using the version of Broken Steel before it was fixed, though the level up thing im still having even though i re-downloaded BS when it was put back on live.

I'm having this same problem too. But it seems to be random. I already tested these using a FWE modified vanilla perk (Daddy's Boy), UPP perk (Controlled breathing), and two vanilla perks (Fortune Finder, Commando).
IE: Sometimes the game crash right after i select Daddy's boy and hit continue. Afterwards i would reload the game and select Daddy's Boy again. This time everything's fine. I can play normally and everything.
But then i would use advlevel console command, choose Daddy's boy again (I'm using FWE so Daddy's Boy has 5 levels) and hit continue then the game would crash. So i think it's random as i said..

EDIT:
I've found what is causing this problem! It's FOOK!
I disabled FOOK.esm, FOOK.esp, FOOK - Anchorage, FOOK - The Pitt & FOOK - Enclave Commander in fomm then levels up from 16 to 21+ (I use level up workaround mod) using advlevel crash free!

EDIT 2:
So i found this http://forum.fookunity.com/showthread.php?t=91 when i visited Fookunity.com forum.
I re-enabled FOOK.esm and all the other FOOK .esps except FOOK - Anchorage.esp, and.. yup! The crashing is gone.
Alyce Argabright

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

RAGE :D Recently reverted to 1_0_0_15 + fake patch...problem being, I've always had securom issues. I know securom had a fix at the site originally, only now, they just refer you here in order to patch to the latest version. Naturally, I'd rather not ;p Ideas?

P.s. isn't it time for a new thread?

What? <_< FO3 doesn't use SecuROM, it just uses a CD detection for DRM.

As for people with Olney Powerworks bugged, there is no explaination for that, except a bad file. Mine worked perfectly fine, and I waited for the repost of the file to GFWL, so I'd suggest a redownload.
Andrew Perry

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 am

EDIT 2:
So i found this http://forum.fookunity.com/showthread.php?t=91 when i visited Fookunity.com forum.
I re-enabled FOOK.esm and all the other FOOK .esps except FOOK - Anchorage.esp, and.. yup! The crashing is gone.

Do you already finish Anchorage simulation? Which version of FOOK - Anchorage.esp you use? The latest one?
I don't have problems with this ESP when level-up, but I don't make simulation for now
Hayley Bristow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 am

What? <_< FO3 doesn't use SecuROM, it just uses a CD detection for DRM.

https://support.securom.com/pop_fallout3.html

what? :D

Edit - again, any suggestions would be appreciated
Austin Suggs

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3